GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 23, 2019, 03:44:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.21 - Unto the Breach  (Read 237197 times)
zeddie
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 45

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2007, 06:38:29 pm »

me having technical problems. can't post. 

Mad about Logan and Rory. Not believable. Stupid. Lorelai also stupid. No longer care that it is ending.  Too DEPRESSING for me - i am ready to stop being depressed now. Rory without Logan is too depressing and NOT believable for me. Young people DO get married. She is skitzo and her answer made NO GOOD SENSE.   Cry

Screw it - i am gonna give my energy elsewhere - to something GOOD not something bad which GG is for me at this time.

Throw tomatos, i don't even care.

Lorelai: Please Luke, please please please.
Luke: How many cups have you had this morning?
Lorelai: None.
Luke: Plus--
Lorelai: Five.  But yours is better.

"Liberté, égalité, fraternité, ou la mort!"
IN OMNIA PARATUS
pantmusic
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2007, 06:38:37 pm »

Honestly, I was not happy with this episode. I agree with Rory's decision not to marry Logan, just not with how he handled it. He grabbed the ring from her hand and practically stormed off. What was with that!!!!!

Just listening to the dialogue, it does not sound like our gilmore girls. I loved Richard and Emily's song but it doesn't sound like anything ASP would have written. It was funny but very out of character. Also, when Rory and Paris were out before the ceremony and drinking it just didn't seem like them (not just because they were drinking, I fully realize that they are adults and that is appropriate for them) but just the scene/actions/ and dialogue in general didn't fit their characters.

I can't imagine Luke and Lorelai really being in a good place next week to end it. Overall, I'm just really unhappy with everything that is going on right now.

I think next weeks episode would make a great season finale, but not SERIES FINALE. The fact that they are not using ASP's original final scene is really upsetting to me also.

p.s. read the Lauren Grahm interview; it showed, for me at least, that she is aware that the new writers are not living up to ASP standards.

aryan2003
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 21

--> Aryan . The . Apprentice <-- in omnia paratus

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2007, 06:39:10 pm »

It was overall a good episode. Next weeks promo seems to give a hint that the finale will round everything up. Yes it's time, and the story line is basicallly finished, however, arent shows based on views. they dont jst hvae shows for the sake of it. Us viewer, alot of people, want a GG season 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, etc..... SO GIVE US ONE

YAY RORY SAID NO, but logan clearly wants a girl for status, or he would have accepeted it longdistancd. He  pulled a lorelai Tongue

"It's like once your president, your president for life... Unless you get assassinated"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 --. it
TheAcademyIs_
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

My sarcasm'll catch you when you least expect it.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2007, 06:39:49 pm »

It was very disheartening when Logan just coldly walked away and aloofily, quietly said, "bye, rory"... that was very uncharacteristic, I thought....

but, good pickup to whomever mentioned the Whippenpoof vs. Richard's off-voice thing- someone should prettystick you for that!

- yeah, I agree, it didn't seem like him at all. I mean, honestly, thiey've been together for so long. I think they've both changed immensely since they met, and you can tell they are deeply in love. But what, after they break-up, especially after his marraige proposal, he just walks off without so much as a "I'll miss you"? He might have been in shock, or maybe he didn't want to argue with her, but still. You feel more when you are let down from a marriage proposal. Ask Max Medina, I think he would have an even better view on the situation with a Gilmore Girl.

- thanks! Smiley

Luke: Jess, are you a gigolo?
Ggirlfan
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2007, 06:41:39 pm »

i feel like the series finale is NOT going to be as satisfying as the cw and our girls are trying to play it to be.

i know it has to be amazing for any of us to be okay with the show ending,

but from the looks of it, it looks exactly like Lauren said, a GREAT SEASON FINALE and a good series finale .

this blows.

I feel the same way.  I feel like I felt after I watched the season finale of season six.  I feel even more sick after I watched the previews for next week, which I know I can't mention here.  There is NO way the next episode is going to give the fans closure. I think you can tell that this episode and from the previews of next episode were planned on it only being a season finale.  

I was so frustrated when Lorelai and Luke both walked away when they were outside the diner talking.  I was yelling, "Wait...your not finished talking yet!!"  I was really hoping for more of a scene there.

I'm not sure how I feel about Logan and Rory yet.  I knew it was coming from the spoilers, but I don't understand why it has to be all or nothing.

I liked the conversation with Liz and Luke, and I did see the hurt in his face when he overheard Lorelai.  I was hoping Lorelai would have pulled him aside and said SOMETHING, because obviously she couldn't say anything with Miss Patty and Babette there.  Another frustrating moment.

I really liked Paris a lot in the episode.  The scene with her and Doyle was nice, as was the scene with the 4 girls talking about graduation.  

Oh, why would Rory tell Logan AT the graduation???  Why not tell him no in a moment when it was just the two of them.  He just walks away and says "Bye Rory"Huh? Huh  Seems a little out of character to me.

~KRISTIN~
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2007, 06:45:00 pm »

i posted this is the discusio of spoilers but will some one please help meeee....Huh MY POWER WENT OUT RIGHT WHEN LUKE WALKED INTO LIZS IDK WHAT HAPPENS.... THE MYSTERIOUS PINK LONG BOX EVERY ONE IS TALKIN ABOUT MUST BE FOR LORELAI... but when, where, how can some one please tell me this stuff and where land when luke heard lorelai saying the song was a mistake???  i need to get this info be 4 i got to bed or will not be able to get to sleep..lol PLEASE Huh Sad Sad
Luke went to Liz's to get the earrings for Rory's graduation, the whole time Liz was talking about Lorelai and what happened with the whole karaoke thing.. and Luke was trying to say it didn't mean anything and she didn't know what she was talking about, etc.  He was looking at a necklace and said it was nice, Liz said she made it with Lorelai in mind and it would be perfect for her.  Luke said he just thought it was nice and decided to get it as a back-up for Rory... (but we all know it's for Lorelai, right!?)  

Forward to Lorelai sitting at Luke's diner next to Ms Patty and Babette, they were talking about the Karaoke as well, and she unconvincingly said it didn't mean anything, Luke overheard and you could tell he was upset.  Then he began to give Lorelai the cold shoulder.

Anything else you need to know that I didn't cover?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:46:40 pm by xdeartragedyx » Logged
mygirl6003
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2007, 06:46:03 pm »

very sad!!!! Rory rejected Logan! Angry Sad
and Lorlei said in front of Luke that the karoke meant nothing! Sad Sad Shocked Shocked Shocked
can't wait for the series finale next week!!!!!!!!! Smiley Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley
 Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
 Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
 :Smiley :Smiley :Smiley :Smiley :Smiley
 Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
 Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
 Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed
 Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Cry Cry Cry
 Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

so very sad!!!
iluvLandL17
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2007, 06:49:16 pm »

i posted this is the discusio of spoilers but will some one please help meeee....Huh MY POWER WENT OUT RIGHT WHEN LUKE WALKED INTO LIZS IDK WHAT HAPPENS.... THE MYSTERIOUS PINK LONG BOX EVERY ONE IS TALKIN ABOUT MUST BE FOR LORELAI... but when, where, how can some one please tell me this stuff and where land when luke heard lorelai saying the song was a mistake???  i need to get this info be 4 i got to bed or will not be able to get to sleep..lol PLEASE Huh Sad Sad
Luke went to Liz's to get the earrings for Rory's graduation, the whole time Liz was talking about Lorelai and what happened with the whole karaoke thing.. and Luke was trying to say it didn't mean anything and she didn't know what she was talking about, etc.  He was looking at a necklace and said it was nice, Liz said she made it with Lorelai in mind and it would be perfect for her.  Luke said he just thought it was nice and decided to get it as a back-up for Rory... (but we all know it's for Lorelai, right!?)  

Forward to Lorelai sitting at Luke's diner next to Ms Patty and Babette, they were talking about the Karaoke as well, and she unconvincingly said it didn't mean anything, Luke overheard and you could tell he was upset.  Then he began to give Lorelai the cold shoulder.

Anything else you need to know that I didn't cover?
pretty much covers it... but one question how did liz find out about the karaoke night ? just from all the gossipers in stars hallow?

sigs made by skftex:)
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2007, 06:52:28 pm »

I think what Logan did wasn't the best thought out. Maybe he was just a little bit too confident that Rory would accept. I feel very sorry for Rory, the "all or nothing" was a really tough decision. I think she made the right choice in the end, though. Poor Rory. Two graduations where boyfriends broke her heart. =(

I think the whole no season 8 thing kicked in during the promo tonight. THE FINAL EPISODE. I hadn't cried at all after learning the sad news, but when I saw the promo, tears were flowin. 

Kirk=the next David Blaine.
I always get a kick out of him. He had on a pretty awesome shirt during the town meeting, too, I'd say. lol.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:56:09 pm by Gilmorefan xx » Logged

August 6th! 
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2007, 06:54:05 pm »

I noticed Richard call Lorelai sweetheart too!  It was a nice moment.  And I thought Richard subdued Emily nicely.  He always stops her when she goes too far but he really put the kibosh on her complaining right away each time.

*deep breaths*  How was Logan supposed to react?  I agree I don’t like that it had to be all or nothing but she just turned down his proposal, give him a minute. He wanted her to marry him for status?? *deep breaths, deep breaths*

I think Lorelai and Luke need to get on with it and have a real conversation.  All of this bickering to make things better, gah.  I liked the end scene of IJLRAB but it’s sort of tarnished it if all they’re going to do is keep taking cheap shots at each other.  Luke did call Lorelai out on just who they were talking about, but neither of them seemed to be talking about Rory.

Paris seemed a lot softer in this episode.  I love her hair down and curly like that.

Yes, Liz found out from the buzz around town.
LovelyLaura
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

Eight years...

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2007, 06:59:46 pm »

I am just so....pissed off at the way they treated Luke and Lorelai this episode.  And their last conversation??  Wha...wha...what was going on there?  I'm still confuzzled.  So, Luke was saying that some people need to take relationships slowly.  And Lorelai says people just need to dive in.  Sooo, story of their breakup?  Aren't we over that by now?  Isn't this the time to be thinking of Luke and Lorelai's FUTURE?!  Shouldn't they be referencing their current feelings, not something that happened a year ago?  I mean, IF there was a season 8 (*cough cough*), I guess it would be ok to still be mulling over "breakup feelings."  But not when the freakin' show ends NEXT WEEK!

[Edit]
Am I allowed to talk about promos on here?  I don't know.  Anyway, took out a little bit about Luke and Lorelai, but other than that....
GIVE HER THE DAMN NECKLACE LUKE.  You know you love her.  She obviously loves you -- oh yeah, she said the song didn't mean anything.  But grow a backbone Danes.  She was talking to Babette and Miss Patty.  What else is she supposed to say?  "Oh yes, I sang that song JUST for Luke because I am still madly in love with him."  Yes, after seven years of Lorelai Gilmore, we know that she is never confused about her feelings. [bitter sarcasm]

I was very surprised at how the breakup between Logan and Rory actually happened.  As a spoiler-junkie, I was merely waiting.  However, much of the hoo-rah has been centering on how Rory breaks Logan's heart.  When actually, it was LOGAN who pounded the final nail in the coffin.  And how weird was that scene?  Alexis was obviously displaying plenty of emotion -- kudos to Rory for that.  But Logan seemed strangely formal throughout the whole thing.  And wait just one second:  Didn't he just say, a few weeks ago, that he didn't want to stand in the way of her career.  That he would follow her?  Now he's mister "all or nothing?"  Wha?  Well one) I don't blame Rory for doing what she did.  Yes, she's been dating the guy for three years but she's also graduating from college.  She's starting her career.  Like Rory said, she's at a place in life where everything is very up-in-the-air.  Marrying Logan would mean picking out that life RIGHT now.  And it would involve California, The San Francisco Chronicle and an avocado tree.  A great life, don't get me wrong.  But I don't think Rory's ready to choose quite yet.  And I CERTAINLY don't think it was fair for Logan to hand out ultimatums at this incredibly crucial juncture in her life.  He should know better.  And we all know how pissy Gilmore ultimatums make me (last season finale...grrrr)

I'm just so...disastified.  I know that the show has decreased in quality, and more often than not, this season has frustrated me rather than please me.  Which isn't right since this is a COMEDY, as well as a drama.  Above all, I have always laughed while watching Gilmore Girls.  Whenever I pop in a DVD, it's guaranteed to make me happy -- even if Lorelai is dating someone like Max.  But this season is just so STRESSFUL.  First Christopher (ugh) and now this whole blah-blah of L/L's relationship.  Rory and Logan haven't made me the happiest person in the world either.  It's just not right!  BUT, if there was a season 8, all of this could be fixed.  I really do believe that.  The story lines would be treated with RESPECT and given a PROPER conclusion.  This doesn't cut it.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 07:03:11 pm by LovelyLaura » Logged

Lorelei::
"Tom, I'm lovin' you like a two-dollar whore...Terrific, I'll tell the wife"

Kirk::
"My room at my mom's house used to be a bomb shelter.  Really cold but GREAT for raquetball."

Lorelai:: "I didn't know peanuts grew underground."
Rory:: "Mom, trust me.  I'm a college graduate."
aryan2003
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 21

--> Aryan . The . Apprentice <-- in omnia paratus

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2007, 07:00:16 pm »

logan did do teh final propertly, it was suitable.okay everyone. I refuse to come back on ANY gg site, for now, because their is something inside of me saying, march/april/may are really suckish, but try to pick up thepieces aryan, keep goign, dont let a set back depress you. I have a tight stomach right now. i feel,,,,, tight. i cant explain, when this hapens, my back hurts, like, feels lie slouchy. so, bye.

COME ON SEASON 8, PLEASE!

i sent 8 emails to dawn!

"It's like once your president, your president for life... Unless you get assassinated"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 --. it
iluvLandL17
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2007, 07:00:30 pm »

thanks again.... but i totally agree with you they need to like have a real converstaion... both of them arent that stupid they both knew they werent talkin about logen and rory they were talkin about themselves. i thought that was pretty good though how lorelai waslike wouldnt you know and luke was like wouldnt who know and then lorelai goes well rory. i have a question are you allowed to talk about other episodes on this like i mean can i ask somthing about the next episode... i am wantin to hear what people think but im not so sure where to put it??

sigs made by skftex:)
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2007, 07:02:02 pm »

I honestly don’t see how Rory being miserable just off a three year break up is a “good ending”.  Not at all.  And I wouldn’t exactly call Logan a jerk, he just put himself on the line in the most vulnerable way anyone can for the love of his life *sigh* 

Well, it would be the height of stupid on the writers' part to imply in the last episode that Rory has gotten over the break up, since she said she was in love with Logan and wanted to try the long distance, so unless they really are morons, she'll have to have some sadness next week.  So, some ending.  And, they had Logan going on about how he knew everything would be okay if he had her, so he has to miserable.  Yep, it's going to be one pile of happiness in the finale for Rory.  What an ending.

Meanwhile on House, we have the usual screwed up characters doing screwed up things and almost killing people.  And, there's more happiness and laughter in that show than this one.  And, it's coming back next year!

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
sangria
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2007, 07:03:50 pm »

Wow--

After a lot of pouting & being mad--I'm glad that our "two favorite girls" actresses are doing what they want.  They have said in interviews how grueling each episode is, and they've put their lives practically "on hold" while the series is airing.  I appreciate that they've done it this long.  7 years is a pretty long time of 14 hours a day.

I was shocked that Rory didn't say Yes, but if she can say it, and Logan's going to hang it up, then OK.  You gotta admit that Rory settling down and having kids would be a bit weird right now.  Maybe Logan's just playing hardball and will be back.  We'll have to see.  I think he's partly feeling insecure--going to be away from his homies, etc...he'll probably miss Rory, so I think all balls are still in her court.

Do you think they'll work Jess back in?  I didn't think it was possible before...I can hear Jess fans cheering everywhere!!! Celebrate

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to: