GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 15, 2019, 02:05:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.21 - Unto the Breach  (Read 230497 times)
Courtney1983
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 69

Back and better than ever!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2007, 06:14:52 pm »

This was a good episode, I don't think Rory was wrong in saying no. I mean, she wanted to try and move on and have long distance with Logan...she just wasn't ready to have everything set out and planned for her. All her young life was spent focused on school...and now she wants time to live. I kind of wish everyone from Stars Hollow had been at the graduation, it would've been hilarious, but...it wouldn't work that way.

Anyways, I saw the promo for next week, and the second it went "After 7 years its time to say goodbye" I just burst into tears. I can't deal with this! I'm not ready to let go of these people that have spent a whole 7 years with me! I'm still crying, lol. I'm not ready to let go. I'm really not. I want everyone to know that I will be here at the ORG a long time to come because I'm not gonna get over this for a LONG time. I love you guys!!!  Cry

~Cody  Wink Hearts

Bs FAN CLUB!
Pri is my long lost sister!
Honourary South African!
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2007, 06:15:46 pm »

I'm doing heavy screening of posts.  I'm not reading anyone's posts unless I have a good idea they won't make me want to shoot the monitor. 

So, Ausiello, or whatever crackpot wrote the description, this is your idea of bittersweet?  Bitter, yes.  Where's the sweet?  All the fake booze and drugs in the world didn't help this episode.  I don't buy that Logan wouldn't try a long distance relationship.  To me, this wasn't about what Logan would do, but just a slap dab way to break them up.  The writers wrote the lines without considering the characters.  And, I'm watching House now, which has to be better, what with dying patients and cranky (hot) doctors and drug addictions.  So, I'll continue the tirade later.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2007, 06:16:02 pm »

Well I guess I'm just going to go over all my thoughts.

The begining scene was pretty funny. I always enjoy Lor/Sookie convos. And the n-word (sp is questionable) device was stupid.

Next was the Luke and Liz scene. I LOVED it. They've had really great parts together this season. And when she started talking about Lor and Luke, I could NOT stop smiling.

Kirk in a Box! The new and improved Jack in a Box. The was soooo Stars Hollow-y.

Taylor slipping in the bath tub, gotta love that guy!

Babbette was herself loudmouth self tonight!

The first LL scence seemed a tad forced, and the one after was SO out of character. You could tell Scott and Lauren are tired.

Rory, I'm aggravated at her. But not as much as I am angry at Logan. Wtf was that!? I was actually starting to LIKE Logan and even though we only have one eppy left, I still hoped he and Rory would still be together. But now I'm back to thinking he's jerk.

Lor/Chris stuff was perfect for me, becasue they were always three feet away from each other. =D

Overall, it wasn't my favorite.
That could just be because I am expecting too much.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
TheAcademyIs_
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

My sarcasm'll catch you when you least expect it.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2007, 06:17:38 pm »

Oh gosh, just... oh gosh.

I liked Sookie's pneumonic device. Smiley

It made me so upset to see how sad Luke was over Lorelai making it sound like it was nothing, because I know it means so much to the both of them. I am just so... torn over their relationship and where they stand now. Its terrible. I want it to work out. They need to work out.

I thought that the whole town wanting to attend Rory's graduation just seemed a bit.. I'm not sure, not them? I know that they've known her since she was a little girl, and they've all watched her grow up, and they're all a huge part in her life, but the writing seemed forced. Why was it such a big deal? And why did we get all of that dialogue about a party that we haven't even seen?

Emily and Richard's graduation party for Rory was a bit weird. I think the writing was off with the DAR girls; it seemed so.. last minute. And since when did Richard's hair become gray (though I guess it is about time). And, also, something big: I know that Emily might not be the best singer, but Richard should be fantastic: he was in the Yale Whiffenpoofs. And being "out of practice" can't be an explanation, because he's sang with them on other occasions even though he's already graduated. I thought that was a really big, glaring hole that the writers should have noticed.

Rory graduating. It was such an emotional moment.  She's finally done it, done what she's been talking about and waiting for and working for since season one: graduating from college. She looked so great standing up there, getting her diploma, it was amazing. And Lor looked so happy, and so proud, ... oh, gosh, it was so good. Smiley

I was so, so, so upset when she said no. I wasn't one hundred percent she was going to say yes, and I'm not sure that I wanted her to, but I admit, I was outraged when Logan told he all or nothing. I think that's terrible. I know that he wants to pursue his career, but if he really loved her, he should have understood that she didn't want to fully, completely commit this early in her adult life. I really thought Logan was going to last. Sad

Edit: 8:27 PM

I remembered something else: I've noticed over the last three episodes how much Paris has really grown up. When we first met her, she was unstable, a bit insane, and overall whacky (and! she didn't like Rory). But now she has grown into a fabulous, amazing, outstanding young woman who will be attending Harvard (hah!) Medical School. Its incredible. I think she's really one of my favorite character transformations over these seven (sniff) great seasons. She's really, really matured.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:29:14 pm by TheAcademyIs_ » Logged

Luke: Jess, are you a gigolo?
crayolamarker66333
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2007, 06:20:11 pm »

I really thought that this episode was very sentimental... I swore I started to see the shows old character again.. all the town's people, being the nutcases they are.. Christopher being there when all the important things happen, Luke trying to fight for Lorelai, Rory trying to find her place, and Logan.. of course the proposal, the whole show was about her getting through high school, and college, it would have ruined it, if she would have said yes.. so thank you God.  Also, the grandparents, emily being her old self, along with Richard trying to make everything better, but WHERE was Lane.. it's her best friend.. I mean really, everyone was pretty much in it but her...

This episode brought back a lot of when she graduated high school, and the apartment, the place she will be leaving, and may not be able to stumble upon again.. and the answer she gave to Logan, it was a big one, and she will not be able to go back to that one either, which is okay with me because I am a die hard fan of Rory and Jess... hahaha!

I love it.. and I am soo happy for the next episode, did you see in the spoilers, LORELAI AND LUKE KISSY POO POO!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!

I feel that it will get it's character back, things will be back to normal, like they should be, although the fact the show will over, but you never know, they could totally be 7th-Heavening it, because I'm sure the demand is high for it, and I'm sure rating are going up because it is the end of the season, and because this site has helped sooo much in keeping Gilmore Girls alive for me, in the sense they kept it a reality like everything was going to be okay... and it will be!!!  I am sure with all this support they will come back.. better than ever!!
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2007, 06:23:35 pm »

Argh.  I’m so torn.  I hate that Rory and Logan broke up.  I hate that it had to be all or nothing.  And I hate that she did it because she wants her possibilities to be wide open.  Hate it hate it hate it.  I don’t see why long distance wouldn’t work, it worked before.  And if anything, Logan’s tried everything to make it work why not this one last thing?

I honestly don’t see how Rory being miserable just off a three year break up is a “good ending”.  Not at all.  And I wouldn’t exactly call Logan a jerk, he just put himself on the line in the most vulnerable way anyone can for the love of his life *sigh* 

What about Kirk’s night terrors in that box of his?

TheAcademyIs_
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

My sarcasm'll catch you when you least expect it.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2007, 06:25:24 pm »

What about Kirk’s night terrors in that box of his?

hahahaha. Smiley

Luke: Jess, are you a gigolo?
violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2007, 06:27:10 pm »

I'm crying.

I hated Luke for not bringing out the necklace.  I hated Lorelai for saying it meant nothing.  I loved Rory giving up Logan and the ring, making her choice.  I agree, they couldn't move back in their relationship.  But I agree, this will not be a good ending for Rory, still grieving over Logan.

The promo was the worst, hearing them admit it was the end.  This just sucks right now. 

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
airangel85
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2007, 06:31:14 pm »

OOOO!!!!!!  I am sooooo pissed.  She should have said yes.  When she tried on the ring she smiled.  I could have sworn she was going to say yes!!!  That completly ruined the show ending for me.  He is sooo completely perfect for her.  I am beyond livid with the writers taking the show in this direction for the next to last episode.
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2007, 06:33:11 pm »

Okay this episode was so emotional.

Firstly, my dear Rory and Logan. I am torn with this. On one hand, why did Rory not accept the proposal even though she said she could imagine them engaged/married? But I did not expect Logan making an ultimatum like that, how very Lorelai of him. I understand him not wanting to go backward with the whole long distance thing but if you've done it before, why not again? It was definitely sad when he was just like "goodbye rory" and walked away. Almost 3 years of that relationship didn't deserve in ending like this. Disappointing for Rogan fans everywhere  Cry

Luke and Lorelai. It is so like Luke to drop hints like he did in their convo outside by Kirk. I understand how Luke felt maybe she was putting herself out there and waiting for him to reciprocate (like Liz said. And great scene Luke and with Liz btw. Amazing! She knows him so well). And when he grabbed Rory's earrings and just stared at the necklace box, it scremed season 4 right before they hooked up to me. He has his feelings invested only to be let down, but soon enough they both got their acts together  Kiss You could see the disappointment in his face when he overheard Lorelai say it didn't mean anything. He kind of built it up in his mind like "hey, maybe it did mean something". Lorelai was just trying to get the town off her back by saying it meant nothing, imo. There are definitely loving feelings still there and they will come up in the finale because it makes sense!

I was happy with the Lorelai and Christopher scenes. They're gonna get hold of the whole divorced parenting thing sooner than they think...even though we won't be there to see it  Cry

Emily and Richard were superb a always. They have always added more greatness to the show. I loved when Emily was obsessing about finding out Rory's answer, so like her.

*And did I hear Richard call Lorelai sweetheart? I think he did. I don't think he's ever said that before. It definitely shows the progression of their relationship.

Okay, I think that's all for now. This epi had me in tears and I'm sure next week's will too.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:34:29 pm by the girls4ever » Logged

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2007, 06:34:40 pm »

I can't believe there is one more episode left ever I am so upset! but anyway. That was a good episode sad but good. I cried when Rory graduated and I was mad Luke didn't come. At first when I heard Rory was going say no I didn't really care to be honest because I figured they could just fix it in the next season but I don't think that is going to happen so now I am upset now we will never know who she ends up with mean that makes me smad. That was so cute with Emily and Richard singing. Oh also did anyone else notice that Emily was almost wearing the outfit she wore to her High school graduating it was not the same but prrety close. Smiley
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2007, 06:34:52 pm »

What a punch in the gut for the audience when the last view we had of Rory before graduation was her, trying on the ring, starting to smile....and then the big "Nope"-- ooh, writers, what a twist!! (the sarcasm is obvious, here, yes?)

It was very disheartening when Logan just coldly walked away and aloofily, quietly said, "bye, rory"... that was very uncharacteristic, I thought....

I can't wrap my mind around other things yet...

but, good pickup to whomever mentioned the Whippenpoof vs. Richard's off-voice thing- someone should prettystick you for that!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:36:40 pm by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2007, 06:36:03 pm »

I am happy with Rory's final decision.  When they first brought Logan into the picture, I hated him.. I couldn't see him with Rory and their relationship irked me.  Over time, he grew on me and I didn't mind so much.  But even being a fan of the two of them.. it just didn't feel right in the end for them to get married.  I'm happy that Lorelai and Luke seem to be moving forward a bit, i think things will end up good with them.. but it's taking too long!!  I want him to give her that necklace.

I just want to hug everyone here, next weeks episode is going to require the usage of a box full of tissues.. or 10, that's for sure.  
iluvLandL17
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2007, 06:36:43 pm »

i posted this is the discusio of spoilers but will some one please help meeee....Huh MY POWER WENT OUT RIGHT WHEN LUKE WALKED INTO LIZS IDK WHAT HAPPENS.... THE MYSTERIOUS PINK LONG BOX EVERY ONE IS TALKIN ABOUT MUST BE FOR LORELAI... but when, where, how can some one please tell me this stuff and where land when luke heard lorelai saying the song was a mistake???  i need to get this info be 4 i got to bed or will not be able to get to sleep..lol PLEASE Huh Sad Sad

sigs made by skftex:)
lsufan
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2007, 06:36:59 pm »

This episode had a few great moments, but overall it was very disappointing. Almost boring, not emotional for me at all. I didn't feel any of the tension I think I was supposed to feel. Logan/Rory. Whatever. Christopher. Whatever. Blah. Blah. Blah.

And what the heck is up with those promos? They didn't leave much to the imagination, did they? Jeez, that was stupid.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to: