GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 20, 2019, 01:28:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.21 - Unto the Breach  (Read 236740 times)
~*SailorMoonFan*~
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

We are not what you think we are, we are golden!

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: May 15, 2007, 07:28:29 pm »

now after having seen "bon voyage" , i personally have to say that i found this episode a little more emotional...everything rory and lorelai building up for ended. i started crying during the very last scene where rory & paris are leaving the good ol' apartment and rory flicks the lights off and then "executive producer: David Rosenthal" pops up.  Cry that truely felt like the end of everything

I also liked how lorelai was more serious at the yale graduation. The chilton grad. was funny and the yale grad was serious...just like our adorable gilmore girls. oh well.

Sayonara and goodnight  Smiley

Narco:Because I love you, you idiot!

~This one's for the girls~
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 16, 2007, 11:00:17 pm »

Quote from: Dani257
Er, my point, is, regardless of all that, laying aside all debates from the factions of the audience, Lorelai, speaking for the writer of the episode, who was ultimately speaking for David Rosenthal was telling the audience that Logan isn't the guy.  Case closed, end of story.

She hated surprises like Richard's impromptu Yale interview at the Bulldogs game, and she was irritated to highly annoyed by Logan's pop-theater courtship. Particularly, though, I meant the way she overreacted, criticized, and eventually grew a distaste for his surprise visits from faraway places without calling first. She liked to be prepared for things, even swoony things like being proposed to in public. And with important things, surprise springs her into action with lots of stress, self flagellation, and excessive verbalization about pros and cons.

As for Logan and Rory not being done yet/ not having time to unravel their breakup, I agree. But with imagination and a concerted effort of fans, all things are possible.

I think you may be reading a little too much manipulation into the final remarks, though. For one, just because Logan isn't "right" now doesn't mean he never could have been. As for scriptwriter denial, all I can say is, at least you finally agree they should have broken up while he was in London. But in hindsight, a stable, highly committed relationship with few demands on her time seems perfect for her.

And I thought Lorelai was trying to tell her that being with the right guy would be "right," and that's how she would know who he was. Logan wasn't, it seems, because keeping him open as an option required that too much of her presumably limitless potential be factored out. I don't mind that it didn't look harder on her, I'm not a sadist. But big things were happening for Rory, things she wanted and presumably deserved, and Logan, like Dean, tried to get in the way of that in order to possess her. And, like Dean, (and maybe Lorelai) broke up because he needed to come first. Was Lorelai comparing Rory to herself or Luke?

Ace Girl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 01, 2007, 02:34:02 pm »

I am so sad and why can't she say yes to that cute cute boy!!!![/ :'(color]
JessMoo14
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -1

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 21, 2007, 09:54:58 pm »

i can't believe that rory said no to logan! i was so hoping she would say yes to his proposal!!! i an terribaly sad she said no!
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: June 22, 2007, 10:38:04 am »

I don't think she was sure about what she wanted to do as far as relationships go.  I think she made the right choice.  I like Logan a lot but if you aren't right for someone th best thing to do is move on

My New Website
Ggirlfan
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: September 04, 2007, 06:55:04 pm »

I agree that Rory made the right choice in not jumping into marriage with Logan. She's young, just graduated college and has her whole life ahead of her.  It's interesting that the same girl who was devastated and bawling (and I was bawling right along with her) in the season finale of Season 6 saying goodbye to Logan when he was going to London, didn't seem to have much of a reaction when Logan gave her the final "Goodbye Rory". 

The only thing that I can summize is that Rory did a lot of growing up in her last year of Yale with out Logan, and realized that it doesn't mean she isn't complete without him.  She made some new friends on her own, and wasn't always tagging along with Logan's friends anymore.  She had developed a life for herself.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked Logan and I think he was great with Rory and I was very disappointed they didn't stay together, but I agree with Rory's reasons.  I hated that the show ended so abruptly with the final "Goodbye Rory" though.  It made it seem so emotionless. 

Oh, if Rory was going to say no, then WHY would she tell him at the graduation???  Wouldn't it have been a little more respectful to talk to him when they were more alone?

~KRISTIN~
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 09, 2007, 06:38:39 am »

I'm glad that Rory said no but why did Logan have to walk out on her?
...and can Luke and Lorelai just marry already!
everyone knows they belong together
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 21, 2007, 02:48:41 pm »

ok im mad that logan asked infront of everyone
and emily was annoying and the presser from the town made lorelai a reck
but richard was nice to lorelai to make this speaical for lorelai
homegrown_bliss

Community Points: 56

do they make flasks for hot beverages?

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 23, 2007, 10:43:52 pm »

IMO its good that Rory didnt say Yes to Logan... she needed to figure things for herself.. experience the world.. travel.. be the person she wanted to be.. Marriage right after college just doesnt seem right.

*-_anne_-*
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 24, 2007, 01:03:27 pm »

This is one of my favorite and least fav. eppi.

I thought it was absolutly amazing to see Rory graduate from college. I felt like I did the whole Yale/Chilton thing with her.  Cheesy

I hated how Logan proposed to Rory,though. I dont think they should have gotton married, but I really wish they stayed together. I just think they couldnt have ended a little less.....sad.

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
homegrown_bliss

Community Points: 56

do they make flasks for hot beverages?

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 24, 2007, 09:35:55 pm »

ambush proposal... thats how i look at it..

good decision tho from Rory to go out and talk about it. It was already a hint that she will say no coz she thought twice right there and there.

*-_anne_-*
iloveegilmoregirls
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 23, 2007, 12:56:41 pm »

I think it's really sad that Rory says no to logan. I mean, i know that she wanted wide open options and that she wanted to be able to choose her life without limitations, but i just think that she should've said yes because she could've worked at a really good paper in San Fransisco. and also, i don't think Rory truly loved logan, cause if she did, she would've given up anything to be with him. and plus she really wasn't giving up anything yet, because there wasn't any jobs that she would've had to turn down to move there with him. idk. it's just sad, and i don't think Rory really loved him.
iloveegilmoregirls
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 23, 2007, 01:01:16 pm »

also.. i forgot to add: even though i think getting married right after college is a little insane, they could've waited like a year to get married and just been engaged and live together for a while. they worked so hard to get where they were to just give it up. but i also think that it was dumb of logan to say basically all or nothing. i mean if he really loved rory he would've tried long distance for a little while. I can understand where he's coming from though, because he would rather find someone who's willing to drop everything and be with him because they love him, but still. idk. i just think it's devastating because i loved them together.

i wish gilmore girls would have one of those things.. i forget what they're called, but like where they come back and make like a 2 hour thing of what's happened since the end of season 7.
Marieke
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 09, 2008, 10:01:29 pm »

I think too that Logan and Rory could have waited for a year or more and just been engaged... this "all or nothing" reminds me at Lorelai and Luke and for Lorelai and Luke it was definitely   wrong to decide their future in one second
I thought Logan and Rory were the perfect match

all in all the episode was really sad and emotional
katie_lou

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 13, 2008, 10:31:57 pm »

So Matt Czuchry has said that he was contracted on to appear in the shortened season 8 if it went ahead. <see news board>.
I wonder if the writers didn't force them to break up to wrap up the story if the series ended (as it did) but then kept the door open for Rory to change her mind should more episodes go ahead. Though their break up is a little hard to come back from, I can't imagine in what other context Logan was supposed to return. He was sent by the writers to the west coast and he's working in Silicon Valley so technology investment not newspapers. The only scenarios I can concoct are: Something happens to Richard and they all return to Connecticut (but we already had one heart attack), or Rory contacts Logan and goes to see him in California (though she's on the campaign trail with little down time) or she runs in to him on the campaign trail as his job fell through?
Thoughts?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24
  Print  

Jump to: