GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 22, 2022, 10:26:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.20 - Lorelai? Lorelai?  (Read 371700 times)
Erin
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

The poster formerly known as lovingg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: May 02, 2007, 08:47:35 am »

I've been thinking a lot about the song, and when you think about it, it's not a standard love song, it's a goodbye song, and even though I definitely think it changed when Luke walked in, I wonder how he interpreted it.  Did he latch onto just the "I will always love" you, or did he also hear the lines that speak of bittersweet memories and the part that says "We both know I'm not what you need"?  Because those lines sound like someone who wants to be with a person, but knows that wouldn't be the best thing, so I'm trying to figure out how much of the lyrics we're supposed to read into the situation. 

Thoughts?

Simply Cynical
Diner Regular

Community Points: -32

Can you please tell me why you're snarking me?

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 02, 2007, 08:50:32 am »

Yeah, Lauren was all in,  Cry, but I think Luke was just msty eyed. I had to pause it while we were watching cause I got all choked up, my aunt just started laughing at me, she was like "These aren't real people, you know?"

"They are to me, blasphemer!" And then I got under control until she rewound it and hit play again. All weepy!

But I think they both latched onto her realizing as she saw him that she would always love him, that's what I got from it.

Jesilynn
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 02, 2007, 08:51:46 am »

Hey guys, I'm new to the boards- but a GG fan all the same. 

Last nights episode was awesome!!  I have a question to propose to you all though...

I went on TV Guide's website, and they have the "blurb" posted for the season finally already, (it will be episode 22 again due to air May 15th).  Here's the blurb...

Episode Detail: Bon Voyage - Gilmore Girls
In the seventh-season finale, Rory gets a job as a political journalist; Luke organizes the whole town of Stars Hollow to throw a graduation party for Rory, who gives a speech expressing her gratitude for their support over the years; Luke's thoughtfulness provokes an unusual reaction from Lorelai; and Luke and Lorelai have breakfast with Rory on the morning she is to leave and begin her career. Journalist Christiane Amanpour has a cameo.

Ok- so after last night's episode I think the obvious question is weather or not they will end the season with Luke asking Lorelai to go on his boat trip with him.  As of last night I thought that would be a bit odd, cause that's a big deal and they're JUST starting to work our their friendship again.  BUT... with this description of the season finale, and Luke spending so much time with our Gilmore Girls, I wonder if he will!!

Also- this episode doesn't sound like a series ending... I've heard rumors that the CW is gonna do a season 8, but with only 13 episodes instead of the normal 22... has anyone else heard this?  Is anyone able to confirm or deny this?
Simply Cynical
Diner Regular

Community Points: -32

Can you please tell me why you're snarking me?

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 02, 2007, 08:55:04 am »

Also- this episode doesn't sound like a series ending... I've heard rumors that the CW is gonna do a season 8, but with only 13 episodes instead of the normal 22... has anyone else heard this?  Is anyone able to confirm or deny this?

I heard this too, but so far I haven't heard yay or nay!

Jesilynn
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2007, 08:55:16 am »

Yeah- I agree with Simply Cynical... The whole room realized she was singing to Luke.  When her tone changed during the second verse they turned around to look for him!!

As for Luke's reaction... I think he got the gist of the song.  She picked it because in a way she's saying goodbye to Rory... but when Luke walked in she couldn't take her eyes off him.  When they cut to his face during the 3rd verse he looked sad, but then after the song was over he was smiling to himself.  In an interview done with Scott Patterson earlier in the season, he claims that Luke will always be pining away for Lorelai, and weather we get our ending or not, I believe that's true at least =).
mistys_blessings
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 02, 2007, 08:56:21 am »

I'm new to this site as well...

I always record GG at work (No cable at home), but my VCR cut off last night right after Logan told Lorelai that he wanted Rory to go to San Fran as more than just his girlfriend. What happened? What did Lorelai say?? Did anything else happen after that?
Jesilynn
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 02, 2007, 08:56:45 am »

Oh and one more thing!!  At the very end of the song, she did that little apologetic shrug and smile... like "Sorry, but it's true, I will always love you."
Jesilynn
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 02, 2007, 08:57:31 am »

Yeah after that he asked Lorelai if he could ask Rory to marry him.  The promo for next weeks' episode is up on You Tube now too if you want to see it =)
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 02, 2007, 08:58:08 am »

I'm new to this site as well...

I always record GG at work (No cable at home), but my VCR cut off last night right after Logan told Lorelai that he wanted Rory to go to San Fran as more than just his girlfriend. What happened? What did Lorelai say?? Did anything else happen after that?

She didn't say a word.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
mistys_blessings
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 02, 2007, 09:02:24 am »

Ok thanks! I'll go check out you tube! That made me so mad my VCR messed up! Hopefully Season 8 is a go!! I'm a GG junkie!!
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 02, 2007, 09:03:42 am »

The previews for next episode get posted here, Jesilynn. Welcome to the forum. Smiley

SideKicks are manufactured by Danger, Inc. and distributed by T-Mobile. I'll buy one if they ever take MetroPCS. Unlimited cell minutes for a flat rate!

"I will Always Love You" is a goodbye song, what did you think? That she was proposing?

I think it must be some kind of karmic retribution, too, for all those years Lorelai knew Luke had a crush on her, and refused to give him a sign to avoid messing with their friendship. I guess it's refreshing (if sadistic) to see her stumbling around with him, worrying that he'll think she's asking him out on a date and stuff. And it definitely seems to make him feel good.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 09:19:00 am by lessa » Logged

indiecoffee
« Reply #236 on: May 02, 2007, 09:04:08 am »

Ok, I don't notice these things too much, but did anyone else notice that Amy Sherman-Paladino's name was in the opening credits as director or producer..or something like that?  And so was Lauren Graham's?  I thought that was kind of odd.  Has she always been in the credits since she is the shows producer, or did she have some control with this episode?  I definately thought this could be the beginning of the end of the series as I watched.  I can see things starting to wrap up.  Last night's episode was definately one of the best of the current season, and I am glad to see the show starting to come out of its "slump."
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: May 02, 2007, 09:09:47 am »

I haven't watched the whole chapter yet (waiting till it's downloaded to my pc %30.8 yet).

Anyway,I've seen the karaoke scene in which Lorelai sings, and I've got to say, she could be a great singer!!
At first it was nice and a little bit funny when she sings to Rory, but when Luke enters and she sees him, everything changes, and she is singing to him.
I believe she is trying to let him know that she'll always love him, she is trying to win his friendship and love again. It was really cute when she is like crying on the inside, and Luke looks down and when his face goes up again, you can see that his eyes are very teary. That was really nice.
And at the end of the song, she is like, sorry but it's true, I'll always love you.
This scene at the karaoke was one of the best scenes in GG.
Now I need to see the whole chapter so I can comment everything.

See ya!

gilmoregirls1fan
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 02, 2007, 09:11:59 am »

i really dont want Gilmore Girls to end. We really need a season 8. Just u guys wait when they see the raitngs from last nights episode.

Lauren can sing. I love her. She was really into it.
Jesilynn
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 02, 2007, 09:14:04 am »

Oh I forgot to ask you all...

What did everyone think of the look on Lorelai's face when Logan told her he wanted to marry Rory?? Did anyone else get a hint of "Crap- my daughter might get married and be successful at half my age" tone?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: