GilmoreGirls.org Forum
August 03, 2020, 03:05:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.20 - Lorelai? Lorelai?  (Read 285863 times)
Erin
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

The poster formerly known as lovingg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: May 01, 2007, 08:50:38 pm »

Hehe, Zeddie, I was the one crying.   Thanks for the solidarity.  Grin

zeddie

Community Points: 45

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2007, 08:53:33 pm »

Well, hey, i'm menopausal, i cry at letter openings. Then i forget what i am supposed to do after i open the envelope.  Huh

QUESTION: Did Lorelai only get "weird" after she saw Luke? OR was she already thinking of Luke as she sang? See, as a director, i would have her singing to Luke before he came in, very subtly. Did she? thanks.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 08:57:12 pm by zeddie » Logged

Lorelai: Please Luke, please please please.
Luke: How many cups have you had this morning?
Lorelai: None.
Luke: Plus--
Lorelai: Five.  But yours is better.

"Liberté, égalité, fraternité, ou la mort!"
IN OMNIA PARATUS
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2007, 08:57:41 pm »

Alright, tonight my thoughts are coming a little at a time...so forgive me!

I just wanted to say that I'm glad that Rory is finally going through some let downs in her life. I'm glad that she's really going through some hard times and that things aren't just falling in her lap. I know that may sound harsh, but she's got to learn how to handle things when they don't go just perfectly. She will press on and get through this period. She will have to work harder and keep on trying, but that's what most everyone has to do. It's sad to see her not happy and all psyched about life! But that will come again!

I love seeing Lorelai and Rory together as they were in tonight's episode. I love how they are always there for each other. I think the hardest period to go through in the life of Gilmore Girls, was when they weren't getting along or talking. Because you knew they were hurting in their own way. I was so happy when they were getting along again!

I am very happy that Lane and Zach seem to be doing so well! I really liked how Lane was so understanding when Zach announced he was going on tour and how she selfLESSly told him to go for it - go on tour because it was a good thing and she was happy for him! She's really grown up and it's awesome to see! Lane is definitely one of my favorite characters and it's great to see her more!

I love the energy of this episode. How there was just so much packed into - a serious episode moreso but a great one! Just add some more Sookie/ Jackson, and a bit of Taylor and it's just like old times! It was great seeing Miss Patty and Babbett singing...they would be a great act to see!! haha Tongue Fun times! It's too bad that April can't go on the boat trip, but I bet Luke will find someone else to accompany him...hmmmm?? Wink

Great episode! Strong writing in this one...and in the recent episodes! I'm really enjoying everything!
Viva La Gilmore Girls!

Edit Zeddie: Hello! I don't know that I'd call how Lorelai acted once she noticed Luke was there, 'weird' but she did hold back a bit more - almost nervous or anxious. But, she kept on and I loved that! Luke was probably more uncomfortable about the whole thing, seeing him after she was finished! Tongue
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 08:59:41 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2007, 08:58:22 pm »

And it's kind of cute the idea of Lorelai and Lane being new moms together in season 9.[

Huh?

I DO NOT think that we need to worry about Zach's groupies as much as BRIAN being the perfect surrogate DAD for the twins when Zach is gone!!  Why else would they show him being so "in touch" and helpful with the babies?  Remember when Zach wrote that song for Lane that Lane deserved and then Zach went nuts because he didn't know what he wanted quite like Brian did?  Remember his interest in Lane's family and culture??  Then he ended up making out with Mrs. Kim's exchange student/ houseguest?  Brian has always had Lane fever!  HE IS ALWAYS THERE, HE IS THE MOST CONSISTENT BANDMEMBER AND SUPPORTER OF Lane & Zach, and EVERYONE, and I hope that the writers DO NOT chicken out on where this story line is going.  Now I'm a big fan of happy marriages, and dedication to one's spouse, but this is DRAMA, guys, mimicking real life...where the action is...and I'm impressed that G.G. is courageous and creative enough to keep these underlying stories going...HOORAY FOR THE BEST SHOW ON T.V.!!!!! Wink

Double HUH?  With a helping of jigga-wha?  And a side dish of say what???  (I lost my funny bone and this was a joke.  Right?)

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2007, 09:02:50 pm »

More to the point, it was kind of weird seeing Sookie without (*edit) Michel. They're like the split halves of Lorelai's psyche, one focused on the appearance of romance (and inn operation) the other on the substance, the true love that makes the superficial gestures seem, well, superficial.

Like Lane and Zach versus Paris and Doyle. One is her ruthless self that has having it all figured out in her dream. The other is her softer side that wants to prioritize love and family and set aside the pressure of high intensity career decisions.

In real life, everyone has it figured out and they're moving on to the building stage of their lives. Lane used to be about the wacky plans, but now that she has her dream, she seems more ready to focus on living her life than trying to upgrade or escape it.
Paris has chosen "surgeon,' Doyle has chosen Paris, Zach is a rock star, Logan... has a job and a two carat ring.

Seeing Lorelai visibly pine for an ex beyond the reach of her wiles didn't just inspire Rory's pity, the song was also directed at her. Whatever her long range plans turn out to be, she always has the force of nature which is Lorelai Gilmore on her side. And Clark Kent didn't get the job at the Daily Planet the first time he applied, either.

Season 9, you know, the one after 8. No news is good news, right?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 09:05:42 pm by lessa » Logged

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2007, 09:10:25 pm »

We all know that I want season 8.  It's a fact.  I've proven myself over the last few months.  Wink  But ...

After seeing tonight's episode ... I want it even more.  I didn't think that was possible.  I really didn't.

Can we please get an official season 8 confirmation?  I'll do [almost] anything.  If I have to wait until May 17th I might just have my own meltdown (a la Rory).

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 01, 2007, 09:14:22 pm »

Heidi I was just telling my boyfriend that if we don't get confirmation of a season 8 soon I too could see myself having a Rory-esque breakdown! haha BUT, I haven't worked near has hard on it as you have...so for the sake of you girl, I hope that they tell us SOON because I don't want you to have to have a meltdown! Then we're gonna have to take you out and sing for you...and I don't think you want to hear me sing! Tongue

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 01, 2007, 09:15:53 pm »

Sooks-  i said "weird" cuz i use weird as a catch-all word, and NOT literally - so no worries, eh mate?  Here is what i am getting at.  What if a man walked in before Luke with a flannel shirt (or did that happen and i missed it) OR there is a shot of someone pouring coffee to a patron and Lorelai sees it - some visual trigger to remind her of Luke and she begins to wander a bit from Rory and she begins to think "I will always love you" is also a pretty good line for how she feels about Luke (because she saw a trigger) and then voila, thru the magic of scriptwriting he DOES walk in! I mean that is classic drunken behavior anyway.  You know, you are a bit drunk and that makes you think of some heart throb and every guy that walks thru the door you almost think it is him - right? 

Or am i the only pathetic one from the 80's?  Tongue

Anyway, the words to that song don't work for mother -daughter relationship of Rory and Lorelai. That was a stretch.

You know, that song is not a happy one. It really means "I will always love you, but goodbye" - that song is about a bittersweet parting where the only thing the singer is taking is her memories - so, what was she really singing to Luke?  Of course we hang on the phrase "i will always love you" as the key, but the rest of the song is dismal.  What if it means, Luke is gonna move to be with April (because, we just saw how his plans don't work with her) and Luke and Lorelai will only love each other in spirit? Hmm.....  Don't throw rotten fruit, i want it to mean they get married so... I'm just saying, the real meaning of the song.....  Cry
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 09:18:09 pm by zeddie » Logged

IN OMNIA PARATUS
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2007, 09:16:39 pm »

OMG best episode all season!!!!

My first reaction was, HE PUT IT BACK ON! The hat is back! Thank gosh! Finally, it took long enough. It may not mean all that much and maybe I'm building it up to far. But you know he hasn't worn it since they broke up and now it's back! I'm so happy it's definatly a step in the right direction! And the song, I knew Lauren was a singer so I was really interested to see what song she would be singing. But I never would have imagined I will always love you. But it was perfect!! Expesially when Luke walked in, it was perfect timing. I felt really bad that April had to cancel on Luke but you know I think that the camp is a really good place for her. And now Luke is hanging around Stars Hollow for the summer, who knows what can happen over a whole summer!?! It was relavent that Luke was really disappointed that April couldn't make it but I think in the long run it will turn in to something that will make it all worth while.

I felt so bad for Rory, it seems like everything shes worked for her entire life isn't ending up like she thought it would. You know which isn't a bad thing but you know, it's a little unexpected. At least that's what I think. I could have figured that when I saw the promo for tonights episode that Logan was asking Lorelai if he could marry Rory. But I was really happy when he did it. At first I must admit that I wasn't a fan of Logan, but now seeing him in Stars Hollow, and just around Rory in general. It works! I will be the first to admit that it really works. Now I get the whole everything is looking up comment on the phone.

Lane and Zack, I'm really interested to see what happens with them. If Zack even goes on tour. It seemed like he was set in the fact that he wasn't going unless Lane and the boys were going with him. But I think that if Lane pushes him enough, he'll go. He'll have a great time and everything will work out.

It's so hard to believe that tonights episode was the 20th of the season! I mean there can't be much season left and so much to accomplish. I hope our efforts in the Great 8Mandate will pay off!

And again I have to say, THE BEST EPISODE OF THE SEASON!

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
sangria
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2007, 09:16:54 pm »

No joke, Dani Doose.

Why is it that the Town Selectmen are always the last to know what is going on?  Wink

Brian has always had Lane Fever.  Kiss
JaymeSue
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 01, 2007, 09:17:34 pm »

I thought the episode tonight was great!! I'm a big L/L fan, so I was happy w/Lorelai singing "I Will Always Luv You" for karoke. It was directed to both Rory and Luke but, I'm gonna have to say when Luke walked in her attention went directly to him. When she sang the rest of the song, her eyes didn't even leave Luke, not for a second. Now that, my friends, is LOVE!! I was crying big time. Sorry all of you Chris fans, but she luvs Luke. Actions speak louder than words. You could tell when they were talking about the boat trip, Lorelai didn't really want him to go. Her face said it all!! They will end up back together I would say by the last episode of the season, especially w/the kiss coming up. I'm still hoping for a Season 8!! I want to see L/L married and a baby on the way.
Rhiannon
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 01, 2007, 09:19:39 pm »

More to the point, it was kind of weird seeing Sookie without (*edit) Michel. They're like the split halves of Lorelai's psyche, one focused on the appearance of romance (and inn operation) the other on the substance, the true love that makes the superficial gestures seem, well, superficial.

Like Lane and Zach versus Paris and Doyle. One is her ruthless self that has having it all figured out in her dream. The other is her softer side that wants to prioritize love and family and set aside the pressure of high intensity career decisions.

Great insight, Lessa. I wonder if anything this thoughtful will be written in Coffee at Luke's.
sangria
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 01, 2007, 09:26:29 pm »

Great insight, Lessa. I wonder if anything this thoughtful will be written in Coffee at Luke's.

Excuse me for being a little behind here--but what is "Coffee at Luke's"? Huh
zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 01, 2007, 09:29:54 pm »

I thought the dream sequence was a bit literal. Although i do sometimes have those literal dreams, they are usually more impressionistic / symbolic. Someone else commented on that. Well, i too thought it could have been better. I mean, you are doing a dream, do a DREAM - you know? Make the bathroom impossible to find or have the faces obscured or something. What is the point of watching a dream on TV if they are not going to make use of all the digital effects?  Cheesy

Ok, i see people commenting in Lauren Graham / singer.  Is she supposed to be a singer?  I did not find her voice pleasing. At the end when she belted - it was not so great for me. Was that supposed to represent good singing? But hey - i WAS flipping between IDOL and there was some good singing on there, so... maybe that was it.  When Lorelai sang, i caught 95% of that - and of course the part where Luke is there.  But i am serious - is Lauren considered a singer?

Thanks.

REPEAT - WHAT IS COFFEE AT LUKES.

IN OMNIA PARATUS
Rhiannon
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 01, 2007, 09:35:49 pm »

Coffee at Luke's is a new book of essays about Gilmore Girls due later this year, written by the writers. You can pre-order it now through Amazon.

As far as Lorelai's singing, it was great... in the terms of karaoke, where people aren't supposed to sound that good. I think Lauren Graham understood it all too well, she seemed tipsy, but honest, and held back from singing as well as she could have. 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: