GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 15, 2019, 02:03:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.20 - Lorelai? Lorelai?  (Read 252912 times)
Brittney_Gilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2007, 06:09:43 pm »

This was overall an amazing episode! 8D
The Lorelai/Luke part was very cute and touching.
And that he was smiling at her and every one noticed who the song was for towards the end.
And Luke is wearing the blue hat again.
And wow at the ending. Lorelai's face.
And it just ended! Oh Noes
Nooo.
I need more Gilmore NOW.
XD

CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2007, 06:10:01 pm »

Yes!

What was with Christopher.

But I guess he IS Rory's father and all.

Gosh darn.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
javajunkie93
Town Resident

Community Points: 35

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2007, 06:13:35 pm »

STILL! I liked that thing, "Not here, not now." So true. Public proposals are the WORST. Basketball screen, written in the clouds...UGH.
I'm also still processing it all!
OMG. Kirk singing. MADE. MY. DAY.
And Babette and Miss Patty sucked! They were better when they sang the Star Spangled Banner at Dean's hockey game, seriously!
Lauren CAN sing! That was pretty darn good.
I don't think it was her saying goodbye to Rory OR letting Luke go, I think it was literally that she will always love him. And that's all. I loved how he smiled.
He looks SO much better with the blue cap. At first I was crushed that he was only wearing the blue as a spare, but then when he put the black away I was happy. Smiley

LovelyLaura
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

Eight years...

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2007, 06:13:57 pm »

Yeah Christopher booooooooooooo.   Angry  Loser.

Lorelei::
"Tom, I'm lovin' you like a two-dollar whore...Terrific, I'll tell the wife"

Kirk::
"My room at my mom's house used to be a bomb shelter.† Really cold but GREAT for raquetball."

Lorelai:: "I didn't know peanuts grew underground."
Rory:: "Mom, trust me.  I'm a college graduate."
TheAcademyIs_
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

My sarcasm'll catch you when you least expect it.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2007, 06:16:44 pm »

Pretty good episode. The dream sequence at the beginning was a nice symbolic way of expressing Rory's feelings about how she's stressed out about life after graduation, but I was a bit confused about Paris and Doyle living in her house. I felt so sad for Luke. He was really looking forward to the boat trip with April. Sad Its sad for him. Luckily, I hope Lor getting back into his life will help spring things up a bit (even though April was one of the things that really messed them up overall). I knew from the previews last week that Logan was going to ask Lorelai for permission to ask Rory to marry him, and I'm excited. I think its time. I think that Logan has changed since he met Rory, and its for the better. I'm almost completely certain that Lorelai says yes, because they show the previews next week with Logan asking Rory (it looked like Richard and Emily's house. And Chris was there. What event is this??). I can't imagine Logan still asking Rory even if Lor says no.

I was so happy to see Lane, Zach, and the babies (I hadn't seen them yet!). Lane is such a good mother, its incredible. And I felt from the beginning that she shouldn't go on the tour. There's no way she could really take care of five-month-old babies on a tour bus traveling the U.S. And it was good to see Zach again, we've been missing him for awhile. I thought him comforting Luke was out of place, though.. I know Zach is a really good guy, and he's great at heart, but that seemed strange. I didn't think they were friends of any kind.. Zach only knows Luke really because he works at the diner.

Lorelai singing felt strange too (it didn't help that I just saw Lane and Zach's wedding episode just two days earlier where she drunkenly gets up on stage. Far too many similarities). I was suprised that she would do that so easily... the writing, especially for that scene, did not seem like the characters we used to know. It felt like "new" Lorelai. But the message going to Luke was okay. I'm a bit mixed about that, really. I mean, it was great to have Luke seeing (err, hearing) Lorelai's true feelings for him (he will get it, right? Not to be dumbing Luke down, but what if he doesn't get the underlying meaning?), but it was a bit too cliche'.

This episode felt really jagged to me. It almost felt like the entire thing was a dream. I don't know, just the writing and the things the characters were saying seemed weird. It felt really foreign to me.

--- Oh, and new actress for Lulu? I read somewhere on the ORG that there might be a new actress for her.

****oh, and this is my first long reply right after seeing an episode. heh. Smiley

Luke: Jess, are you a gigolo?
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2007, 06:17:18 pm »

Yes, all the singing is simply amazing! I loved hearing Lorelai!! Smiley I think that's the first time we hear her for 'real' - singing! And Miss Patty and Babbett, always a treat! Tongue

I liked what you said, LovelyLaura about Lorelai's face saying it all! I think you're right! It will be interesting next week when we see how it all unrolls. I can't wait! It was quite the cliffhanger, that's for sure!

I love the fact that Lane and Zach were in the episode so much! It was like old times with Rory and Lane at the karokee night together, talking and all. Made me smile!

Now, just thow Sookie and Jackson in there a bit and you've got a good ol' fashion episode! Cheesy

I'll return for more in a bit. Still trying to just soak up all that was tonight's episode! I've really been enjoying the episodes after the break! It's like I love the current one and the next one beats it! Smiley

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
gilmoregirls1fan
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2007, 06:18:05 pm »

omg we need more now! i wanna see what happened really bad! Lauren can sing! i love her shes soo good. and her face while she was singing made me cry. I love that part. omg luke. He is wearing the hat. OMG.

L/L TOGETHER FOREVER!!!!
TheAcademyIs_
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

My sarcasm'll catch you when you least expect it.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2007, 06:18:11 pm »

OH, and I just got the episode name. Smiley

Luke: Jess, are you a gigolo?
HungryMuffin
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

No matter what, He will love her forever.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2007, 06:21:12 pm »

God, everyones seen it already.. I feel so left out. =( I have about 40 minutes left til it comes on. I don't want to read any of the spoiler stuff. Haha! I want it to be a surprise.

iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2007, 06:21:50 pm »

Omg That was such a great epiosode!! I loved it! the babies are so cute. I almost cried when Lorelai sang it was so sad but I loved the hat part I loved when she notices and is looking at him so cute. Yay the blue hat is back!! I really hope Rory gets a good job soon it just breaks my heart to see her upset like that. I am going crazy I don't think I can last a week until the next episode. I was so excited at the end I did summersalts around my room. I think I have a problem I am obbessed with Gilmore girls! Smiley

Oh yeah I just loved how Lorelai just walked into the dinner like normal it was great!
rory1984
Inn Manager

Community Points: 333

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2007, 06:22:17 pm »

I loved the dream at the beginning. I cant believe that they brought head master charleston back! I still think that Paris should be a lawyer because of her personality and not a doctor. I dont think that she would have very good bedside manner. She would be such a great lawyer! I would hire her if I needed one!

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
ILY Livie,Amber,Mel,Spence,Zija,Grace,Ines,Gena,Mary!
You can call me Rory!
Speckles
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2007, 06:22:39 pm »

Quite honestly, I thought this episode was one of the best all season. †DR was right on the money tonight except for 2 things:
1. Too long of commercial breaks. †I tape it w/o commercials for a friend, and my VCR clocked about 40 minutes of GG.
2. The way it just... ended. †Reminded me of the 5th season finale when Lorelai asked Luke and he was just looking at her.

I thought it was a great episode, though. †All season I've felt like most of the episodes were filler, not really moing the plot along. †Boy, did this move the plot along!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 06:24:14 pm by Speckles » Logged

"Remind me to tell you about the time my mom wore a T-shirt with a rhinestone penis on it and my grandmother had her car towed."† Rory in episode 5.19: But I'm a Gilmore!† (My favorite line!)

Love in Christ,
Jessica
Philippians 4:13
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2007, 06:22:58 pm »

I haven't been a fan of many of the episodes this season, but I gotta say...I loved this one!

The diner scenes were great. I think DR does a good job with Zach. For some reason the only funny things I notice, whenever DR writes an episode, are his Zach lines. He should definitely stick with that! The "Chile Queso!"(or something like that) was a part where I really started laughing. Caesar and Zach, funny stuff.
And Lauren has a beautiful voice. It's so unique and it sounded great!

First episode[besides the season opener] that I wanted more! Haven't felt this way in a while, and this one really brought my spirits up!

I for some reason didn't like when Lorelai said "That ship has sailed," to Babette and Miss Patty, only because of when the priest was talking to Rory in season 6 about her "gift." She replies "I think that ship has sailed..." I just don't like when they repeat stuff that's already been done before. I also didn't care for the dream in the beginning, but it was cool to see Head Master Charleston. Rory not doing well on her first final was annoying, 'cause it reminded me exactly of the end of season 5. But overall, I really enjoyed this episode.
Bring on the next episode.   Grin    

EDITTT

another thing I kind of didn't like, was that Lorelai didn't invite Luke. She was wondering about how to show him she was glad they were getting to be friends again, and a great opportuinty arose. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Luke came to Casey's[which by the way, where did Casey's come from?There should've been a town meeting or something if it was just getting built.], but I just wish Lorelai would've been the one to invite him.[although, I did miss a about 2 minutes of it, so I may have just missed her asking him].
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 06:33:51 pm by Gilmorefan xx » Logged

August 6th! 
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2007, 06:23:11 pm »

Heh, so it was Kirk singing and not Rory contrary to the spoilers!† Lorelai looked heartbroken while she was singing when Luke walked in (*sings* there was something in the air that night, Fernando!).† I do think the song was originally for Rory, because she will be leaving soon and has to, sheís an adult and will be starting her life.†

I liked the dream, but I thought it was a little weird, because you would think the dream would foreshadow Lorelai leaving her somehow, while it'll be Rory leaving.

Maybe Rory is feeling just as scared to be leaving Lorelai and everything safe as Lorelai is about her leaving.† It makes sense especially since she went back to SH when she started having the meltdown, the safest place.

Iím so glad Logan got the job in San Fran.† It sounds like the people he was meeting with really liked him.† And I think itís great that he was able to use skills he already has in the new venture.† Getting in at the ground floor, it really sounds like a good opportunity for him.† In the short conversation with Rory he was supportive, that was nice.† Iím not sure how sheíll feel about moving to Pala Alto but I like that heís ready to make a commitment, not sure marriage was the commitment that was necessary but time will tell.† She means the world to him Smitten

It was pretty obvious via the conversation with Brian that Lane decided not to go on tour.† The twins are adorable.†

Lorelai was so on, telling Rory that itís not the end of the world.† She has had a lot of success (with hard work) and a little failure will help to put things in perspective.† This may be way out there but what was Lorelaiís look at the end?† Was it all concern or was there any ďmy daughter may be getting married before meĒ again? †Especially after the night she had. †
ErinG
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2007, 06:23:19 pm »

I am FREAKING OUT right now!! I dont not want Rory to get married, at least not yet. Rory needs to get her life together, before she can settle down. Could you really imagine her sitting at home taking care of kids and cleaning?? Not saying that if she got married that would happen, but it just doesnt seem right. Also San Fransico!! Rory has to stay in Connecticut, or at least close to it. I was happy to see Lane, Zach, and the twins finally. I feel bad for Lane, Zach gets to go be some rockstar, while she stays at home and takes care of the twins, I guess this is good news though. That was so funny to hear Lorelai sing, I just didnt like how corny they made that scene, when Luke walked in and she got all quiet. I cant wait to see what will go on with them, I hope they get back together. Well I guess I am done for now. †

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: