GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 03, 2020, 06:38:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.19 - It's Just Like Riding a Bike  (Read 193590 times)
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2007, 08:58:22 am »

Kay. I have so many thoughts on this episode that I don't have the strength to type them all down.

Highlights:
1.) L/L fight
2.) Luke going out of his way to make her happy.   Cheesy
3.) Paris getting into so many schools
4.) Paris and Doyle breaking up. Then getting back together.
5.) The bike. 'Nuff said.

Lowlights:
1.) No beautiful Logan.
2.) Breaking the dollhouse.
3.) Paris geting into Rory's head about breakups.
4.) Rory not getting the fellowship.
5.) Logan being all the way out in SF.
6.) Paris saying that basically things don't bode well for young lovers. (But she and Dolye will make it work...)

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2007, 09:04:52 am »

"FINE.  You want a horn, I'll get you a horn, you happy?"

Highlight of the entire episode was the smile that followed that quote.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2007, 10:39:58 am »

Just noticed something.  Logan doesn't have a car.  Rory dropped him off at the airport.  And, I don't think they said what kind of meeting he was going to.

Logan had the Porsche, I wonder if Mitchum took it back.  Although itís normal for Rory to drop him off at the airport.  No sense in paying to park.  I really want to know what kind of job he is applying for.  Guess weíll have to wait until next week. 

I had assumed he had given up the Porsche to be a bit more frugal.  I'd like to think he gave it back (or better yet, sold it) rather than it being taken away.  I guess it depends on how he got it.  If it was a company car or if Mitchum or whoever gave it to him made a point that it wasn't his car, then they'd have the right to take it back. If he purchased it with his money, then it's his.  If it was a gift, it's his (like Rory's car is hers, and Richard and Emily wouldn't have the right to take it back, even though they gave it to her) Although I guess it makes sense for Rory to drop him off.  I'm thinking that at one time (man that makes it sound like the distant past) Logan wouldn't have had any qualms about paying someone to park his car. 

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
HBW
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2007, 11:09:06 am »

Okay--I read through all these posts because I thought SOMEONE would have noticed the L.A. scenery in the background of the car shopping scenes.† I found it quite disturbing because it sort of shakes one from the fantasy and reminds the viewer that they're watching a TV show--G.G. usually has such great scenery that I'm surprised that they couldn't have made sure that it looked like Connecticut.† You can see the Hoolywood Hill in the rear view mirror of Luke's truck, and we're clearly looking at palm trees around the car dealerships.

Also, I was surprized to see Lorelai on a "longish" bikeride down a county highway--I always pictured the Dragonfly being just outside the little pedestrian-friendly Star's Hollow since their friends came on golf carts for a test run on the first "Dragonfly Open" episode.† Suddenly, it looks like the Inn is like in the next county.

Anyone else?

I totally noticed the L.A. scenery.  I didn't want to mention it because I didn't want to let it in. I want to live in my Stars Hollow fantasy world. Wink
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2007, 11:39:45 am »

I didn't notice that the scenery was LA; I have never been there, although since I live in New England, I certainly could tell that the dealership certainly was nearwhere near CT... good point about the bike ride to the Dragonfly, it did seem too far and on too much of a highway. In one episode, Sookie and Jackson take a golf cart from town, and isn't Lorelai walking when she catches up to them?

Anyway, I thought of other things to comment on (lucky for you!):

Melissa McCarthy was great in this epi; being pregnant agrees with her! It was so funny how she was doing a million things with the kids while she was on the phone telling Lorelai how they were sick, and there was stuff all over the place- I could totally relate to that! I'm glad that Sookie and Jackson had a real husband and wife moment- had some tension, a tiff, and explained their feelings, let it out, and then could be ok. 

When Rory got back to the room and Paris was all excited and told her that they had waited for her to come home to open her letters, Rory seemed apathetic if not annoyed; that bothered me. Paris, although can be hard to take, has been a good friend to Rory, and sometimes it seems like Rory is sort of indifferent to her.

Ok, so remind me again why Luke would be the best person to go car shopping with? He's been driving that old pickup for how long....? Anyway, when they were at the dealership at first, it was so uncomfortable I really wanted one of them to just say they wanted to leave. They way Luke was saying, "If you wanna go...", it was so obvious for Lorelai's next line to be, "yeah, I'm ready to 'call it a day...'"  And it was so stupid for Luke to say 'you don't buy a car on a feeling' and 'a sports car can't have a complex over a mini van' (or whatever)...has he ever even *met* Lorelai?!?! It's like he was trying to pick a fight at that point, I don't really remember now, but was that about the time that they started their banter over needing a snack and it got cute?

When they first showed the dollhouse busted up, and I saw Paul Anka sitting there, I didn't know whether to be sad that Lorelai's beloved dollhouse was ruined (insert metaphor here) or be so happy to finally see our furry friend again!!

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2007, 11:40:11 am »

"FINE.  You want a horn, I'll get you a horn, you happy?"

I agree.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2007, 12:02:39 pm »

Maybe Logan's car was a lease like Emily's, and his father's accountant didn't renew the contract. I don't know, I guess whether Logan has a car will come up sooner or later.

Luke and Lorelai are in a really cute place with each other now, but it's just a beginning. Anyway, Lorelai seems pretty sure that Luke feels right and no one else does, just like her Jeep and her house.

lorelaikrazi316
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

Luke and Lorelai Together Forever!!! <333

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2007, 12:30:53 pm »

i agree as well as Hiedi!!!

Hearts lorelaikrazi Hearts

You Drive Me Crazy ... Literally!!!

Luke and Lorelai Forever!!!
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2007, 12:42:08 pm »

I had assumed he had given up the Porsche to be a bit more frugal.† I'd like to think he gave it back (or better yet, sold it) rather than it being taken away.† I guess it depends on how he got it.† If it was a company car or if Mitchum or whoever gave it to him made a point that it wasn't his car, then they'd have the right to take it back. If he purchased it with his money, then it's his.† If it was a gift, it's his (like Rory's car is hers, and Richard and Emily wouldn't have the right to take it back, even though they gave it to her) Although I guess it makes sense for Rory to drop him off.† I'm thinking that at one time (man that makes it sound like the distant past) Logan wouldn't have had any qualms about paying someone to park his car.†

And I had assumed he wouldnít pay to park in order to be frugal Cheesy

I donít think we were ever told how he got it?† I might have to do some searching.† I would agree that it might be a company car but he had it in Season 6 (and maybe even 5Ö) and at that point he wasnít officially working for HPG.† He was attending meetings with Mitchum in 6; Iíd assumed that personal Huntzberger money paid for the fancy Yale apartment and the Porsche.† Iím stumped.† I would hate to think he sold it for cash because I was under the impression he wasnít at that level of desperation yet.† Trading it in I could see, although if itís paid off why bother?†

A lease is definitely possible.
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2007, 12:44:53 pm »

So where in the heck is Lane?Huh

Contract troubles?

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
lorelaikrazi316
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

Luke and Lorelai Together Forever!!! <333

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2007, 12:46:47 pm »

that's a very good question!!!!!

i wonder what is going on there?!!!

Hearts lorelaikrazi Hearts

You Drive Me Crazy ... Literally!!!

Luke and Lorelai Forever!!!
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2007, 01:36:13 pm »

"FINE. You want a horn, I'll get you a horn, you happy?"

omg I so agree!!! and Heidi, I love that pic! Lorelai is so happy that they are tlaking again Cheesy and I am too...I smiled everytime they bickered about something, especially at the end Smiley

I agree wwith u conradv too...where is lane?! we havent seen her for like 2 episodes!

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2007, 01:55:14 pm »

Hey everyone
Sorry for my double post last night my computer did something werid. I was woundering that also were has Lnae been Huh I want to see her little boys! I also love that part about the horn. Also Paris and Doyle were so cute at the end Smiley
javajunkie93
Town Resident

Community Points: 35

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2007, 02:30:59 pm »

That was funny. But I thought it was funnier when there was a pause, and then, "I WANT A HORN!" SO FUNNY. Still cracks me up.
I love that they're friends again.

JavaJunkie24
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2007, 03:03:09 pm »

I LOVED the episode! Lorelai actually smiled and when he brought up the bathroom tiles I felt all giddy inside. The horn I loved! I loved how he knew her so well about her purse and everything! He cares for her so much!† Genuine Gilmore Episode! Oh Fantasy I Love Taylor Swift too. I got to meet her and she is so sweet! Anyway great Gilmore episode! LOVE LUKE AND LORELAI

I Support Season 8
Lauren Graham is my Role Model
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: