GilmoreGirls.org Forum
September 22, 2021, 11:12:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.19 - It's Just Like Riding a Bike  (Read 219914 times)
willowsprite
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2007, 11:05:13 pm »

Loved just about everything about this episode --Lorelei on the bike with that weird, wonderful basket, L/L arguing about the car --Lorelei's smile betraying she wasn't really angry, Luke coming up with the perfect solution, Paris, Doyle taking a stand by saying he'd follow Paris anywhere, Sookie and Jackson arguing and making up, Paul Anka.  Sad Rory didn't get the fellowship, she deserved it.  A very satisfying episode, all in all.  Cool
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2007, 12:25:11 am »

Screencaps from "It's Just Like Riding a Bike" are now online!  I hope you enjoy.

http://www.gilmoregirls.org/screencaps/episode719/

One of my favorites ...

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
greyling
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -2

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2007, 03:25:42 am »

Normally, after a new episode, there's 20 pages to read through. Tonight, only 6??† DId I miss a boycott or something?

Why is there so little discussion? Could it be because there was no action?

javajunkie93
Town Resident

Community Points: 35

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2007, 03:42:42 am »

But there WAS action! The Luke and Lorelai stuff was HUGE progress, definitely the highlight of the episode.

GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2007, 03:55:09 am »

Maybe there was little disscusion becasue it was all pretty self explanitory. I mean for 'Hale Bale Baze' everybody was searching for a deapper meaning and Lorelai and Logan had thst big discussion that need a little explaining.

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
HBW
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2007, 04:04:50 am »

I was surprised there were already 6 pages this early in the day. †We'll get to 20 pages, I'm sure.

This was the best episode of the season. †Quirky, cute, warm. †It was right back on the GG track, no melodrama, just a good story. †Where to start...

Lorelai going into the diner. †Kirk as usual was funny, no big deal about her coming back, just staking his claim to the "best" stool. †The awkwardness was cute and a little frightening, but as we know it all came around in the end.

Paris and all her acceptances were funny. †The lucky letter opener was funny (and a little dangerous looking). †I loved how she put her foot in her mouth about Rory only really having one option, then was back peddling trying to say something that would make her feel better.

Sookie's kitchen was cracking me up, when she smelled the milk in the sippy cup to see if it was freshish then put it in her coffee. †A perfect mom moment. †Then her feeling like she was out of the loop on what was going on was cute too. †I felt a little bad about how she was treating Jackson though. †She was really hard in a mean way, not at all Sookie, but it was cool how they brought that back around to him not having the vasectomy. †

The bike riding was very funny. †Lorelai looked so perky and cute with the basket, the her ear piece just made the whole picture hysterical. †

The car hunting trip was great. †You could really feel the two of them getting frustrated with each other. †Luke's mini-rant about Lorelai's purse was great. †The whole discussion about what cars thought of themselves carried over from the discussion Lorelai and Sookie had was also funny. †Not to be Freudian or anything, but it was sort of like a dad/daughter outing. †The daughter being fussy and nonsensical and the dad thinking OMG just choose a car already.

Broken doll house - Jackson, well I dropped it..."then I fell on it." †This was a great scene between him and Sookie, he puts up with so much then without getting totally out of whack he lets Sookie know I ticked, we'll get over it, but I've really had it right now.

Doyle is an oddball, but what a great guy, when he just comes back and decides that "he's in it." †He's a perfect Gilmore Guy for Paris.

Lastly, we had to know that Luke would come up with the perfect answer (time consuming and labor intensive, but the perfect solution) for Lorelai. †

Sorry, long post. †I was just so glad to see "my show" resurrect itself.
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2007, 04:19:56 am »

everything you said, HBW was soo true. But you left out Rory. That was the best and worst part of the whole epoisode. It was good because we got our solution to c if she got it, but EXTREMELY sad becasue she was so hurt, and made me sad  Cry

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
HBW
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2007, 04:26:08 am »

I did leave out Rory stuff.  I wanted to reread some of the thread before I posted on that.  I'm seeing a lot of what I was thinking.  When Paris got accepted to every school, I figured that Rory wasn't going to get the fellowship.  Maybe being a "woman of a certain age"  I'm not as freaked out, because I know that she's really young and has lots of time to work out the career kinks. 

I also forgot to mention about how funny it was when Luke was ranting and Lorelai says, are you hungry, you sometimes get like this when you're hungry.  First it made me laugh because my husband gets cranky when he's hungry and I always say "you need something to eat."  But it also touched my heart because they know each other so well and love all the warts too. 
teach
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2007, 04:51:09 am »

anybody got a site I can download the episode from!?!

teach
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2007, 05:36:59 am »

Just noticed something.† Logan doesn't have a car.† Rory dropped him off at the airport.† And, I don't think they said what kind of meeting he was going to.

Logan had the Porsche, I wonder if Mitchum took it back.† Although itís normal for Rory to drop him off at the airport.† No sense in paying to park.† I really want to know what kind of job he is applying for.† Guess weíll have to wait until next week.†

I saw the dollhouse as having nothing to do with Luke.† But everything to do with Lorelaiís childhood, which through this she lost the only thing she loved from it.† Rory is losing her childhood too and feeling the bite of the real world where not everything goes your way all the time.† Thatís the line I drew anyway.
teach
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2007, 05:39:55 am »

what exactly is the fellowship anyway?

teach
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2007, 06:04:06 am »

The Restin Fellowship is a 6 week internship with the New York Times, an amazing oppurunity for any prospective journalism grad.  I think that with Rory not getting the fellowship...it'll be ok.  I mean, I was shocked, don't get me wrong.  but I think it'll be ok.  We'll just have to wait now...AH!

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
uncledub
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

I haven't had that much fun since labor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2007, 06:41:40 am »

loved this episode, infact, imo it rivals great stink as the best episode yet of season 7.
the Jackson & Sookie moment was immense, best scene of episode.
second best was Doyle coming back into the flat.

and i was very not surprised that Rory didn't get her the fellowship thing.

Luke: Rory was a kid, Dean. She grew up. She moved on. Accept it.
Dean: You accept it. This town, itís all you are, and itís not enough. Sheís going to get bored, and you canít take her anywhere. Youíre here forever.
Luke: Itís different.
Dean: Itís not different. You and me. Same thing.
ggrox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 226

All we can do is keep breathing....

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2007, 06:44:07 am »

All i can say about this eppi is metaphor...metaphor...metaphor....with the new car vs. old car thing...and she ends up keeping her old car....which looks good for L/L at this point..LOVE IT!

Thanx so much Elise Gilmore!^
Lorelai, this thing we're doing here - me, you  I just want you to know I'm in. I am all in.
sangria
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2007, 08:47:45 am »

Okay--I read through all these posts because I thought SOMEONE would have noticed the L.A. scenery in the background of the car shopping scenes.  I found it quite disturbing because it sort of shakes one from the fantasy and reminds the viewer that they're watching a TV show--G.G. usually has such great scenery that I'm surprised that they couldn't have made sure that it looked like Connecticut.  You can see the Hoolywood Hill in the rear view mirror of Luke's truck, and we're clearly looking at palm trees around the car dealerships.

Also, I was surprized to see Lorelai on a "longish" bikeride down a county highway--I always pictured the Dragonfly being just outside the little pedestrian-friendly Star's Hollow since their friends came on golf carts for a test run on the first "Dragonfly Open" episode.  Suddenly, it looks like the Inn is like in the next county.

Anyone else?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: