GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 20, 2019, 01:28:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.19 - It's Just Like Riding a Bike  (Read 167262 times)
katie_lou
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2007, 05:46:31 pm »

I agree with you about it being literally about fast food, but I also took it to be - this wasn't a silver spoon household and everything that usually entails.  Smiley
ggrox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 226

All we can do is keep breathing....

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2007, 06:13:14 pm »

yeah...I can't get over how ammmazing this eppi was... Smitten

Thanx so much Elise Gilmore!^
Lorelai, this thing we're doing here - me, you  I just want you to know I'm in. I am all in.
javajunkie93
Town Resident

Community Points: 35

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2007, 06:24:47 pm »

You're right about the outfit thing. And Rory wear's the black shirt with the pearls on the neckline a lot in seasons 4 and 5 I think. It is more realistic, I agree.
But I also think it has some meaning that she wears the same sweater then. I think that scene was done on purpose, because I was SO expecting them to kiss that I wanted to punch Jackson when I saw him. And I love Jackson!

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 29, 2007, 08:38:17 pm »

I agree with you about it being literally about fast food, but I also took it to be - this wasn't a silver spoon household and everything that usually entails. Smiley

I believe that is exactly what Lorelai was meaing when she was speaking of that.

In regards to the sweater thing, I was wondering just the other day, why they hadn't shown more of the same clothes for the girls? It would seem that they would wear the same thing occassionally...I know they have quite a few clothes/ outfits, but most of the time, you see something new! I found it interesting that this was brought up when I came back to this thread. I believe, yes, Lorelai was wearing that same sweater! Smiley Coincidence? Perhaps, but perhaps it's just the shirt she was wearing that day.

I love how people bring so much into the show's meaing! It's not just a show to most! That's great! But, then again, sometimes, people look a little too hard to find something that they're hoping is there! I try to find a balance between the two, though it gets hard at times! It's always intresting to come and read what others got out of each episode! So, thanks for the thoughts! Smiley

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
FlyGrl0609
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2007, 09:56:20 am »

I think one of my favorite parts of the episode (besides the return of ranting Luke) was Doyle not letting Paris break up with him. A)It was good to see Doyle have a backbone and B)It just proves that they are great together, he got what she was doing completely, called her on it, and isn't going to let her win that easily. Just what Paris needs!

I am very excited for this weeks episode! Just one more day!

**WooHoo 100 posts!!!**

June: Rule #1 Don't propose to a girl on a bus.

~~~Headliner & Java Junkie all the way!~~~
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2007, 11:38:14 am »

Here here! I'm eating my words about Doyle being my least favorite character. At first I wondered how he ever became the editor of the YDN, but if he has the flint to deal with Paris, I guess it's not so unbelievable.

xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 30, 2007, 12:55:37 pm »

This episode was great except for Rory not getting excepted to the fellowship at the New York Times. That really sucked. But the fighting between Luke and Lorelai was so relieving to see, I was so sick of the awkardness, I'm glad they are back to normal.

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
willowsprite
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2007, 12:56:21 pm »

As Lorelai said in Hay Bale Maze, "This is a spork household".

Actually, I took that more as referring to delivery food being more common than cooking in their household :->, but I do agree with you about the repeating of outfits being realistic and appropriate.

funny--I thought she said "This is a fork household" not spork.  As in --this is a middle class place not upper class (as in silver spoon).  Coffee
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2007, 01:00:04 pm »

no, she definitly said "Spork"...."Spork City"

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
AbFab
Town Resident

Community Points: 8

AbFab Darling Ab Fab!

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2007, 02:38:42 pm »

I mean if Paris and Doyle can seem to stick it out while dealing with after college issues, why not Rory and Logan?

Perhaps because Rory and Logan and Paris and Doyle are all completely different individuals, with different thoughts, feelings, needs and lives?

In my view, Rory has always had her journalistic dream, right back from day one of the series.  That she had absolutely no hesitation whatsoever when choosing the NYT fellowship over Logan/SF was very telling to me.  Her career dream is still very much alive, at least at that point in the show.  Why is it so wrong for Rory to choose her career, at this time in her life when she is still young, and just about to embark on her career? Yes, it is possible to have it all - if you are willing to work at it.  But, timing is also very important and if Rory feels that this is the time for her to focus on her career first, that should be her right and shouldn't send so many people into a tizzy. As I said, Rory has always been very focused on her career and this shouldn't come as such a surprise.  In the end, it is her life (fictional, as it is) and her choice. From a storyline pov, it seems very true to who Rory has always been.

I see what you're saying, but I edited your comments from above:

"In my view, Paris has always had her medical doctor dream, right back from day one of her introduction.  That she had absolutely no hesitation whatsoever when choosing a Master's over Doyle was very telling to me."

Grin

Maybe Rory is confused about what she wants. It's not like her Mother was a great example to her of how to choose a man and stick with it. Even though Lor tried to keep the men away from Rory, she's seen Max, her Dad and Luke not to mention other insignificant men come and go from her house. Maybe she feels insecure with the thought of actually settling down with someone because she hasn't seen her mother make it work and they are a lot alike. Also, Doyle did mention the key fact that he's older than Paris and I believe he's older than Logan right? at least he seems more mature then the Logan that I've seen over all. Even though Logan has shown improvements he still recently went off to Vegas which was a set back to his old ways. I love L/R together but they are too young to settle down. Logan needs to grow some more. Isn't Rory his first true love? At least Rory's had more experience then him in that area.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 02:40:18 pm by AbFab » Logged

Help mummy up, sweetie, I got my foot stuck below a chakra
lsufan
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2007, 02:45:00 pm »

Finally, an episode this seaon that I just loved.

Rory not getting the internship made her a little more relatable and actually made me feel something besides irritation with her. Everything with Paris, Doyle & Rory was great. I enjoyed the roller coaster ride that Paris went on and dragged everyone else onto, also. And for me, no Logan was a bonus. I don't hate him, but he takes away some of my enjoyment in each episode he is in. Could have done without Lucy & Olivia too!

I appreciated that Sookie & Jackson actually tackled an issue upfront and openly. Yay! Michel was his usual snarky self. Another Yay!

Loved every moment of Luke & Lorelai. I loved the awkwardness and then the return to the pattern of their friendship. I took it as a great sign that Luke finally became Ranting!Luke with Lorelai. I thought it was great that he ranted about the tiles and about cars not having human traits (being afraid of getting dirty, or having an inferiority complex, etc.). His practical nature and her whimsical one. Glad it's back. And the dropping of the polite interaction was gone. It's about time. I thought it was cute that Luke was pointing out the improvements in the newer model Jeep and Lorelai insisted they were 'changes' not necessarily improvements. Yes, the writing was a bit obvious in the setting up of the new car/old car theme with regard to the Luke/Lorelai relationship, but I didn't mind. Just to watch these two banter was such a relief.

So, Lorelai's Jeep achieved 'total internal destruction' huh? Reminds me of Lorelai for most of the season. Maybe that's what happened to the dollhouse, too. Total destruction. Perhaps just a lesson for Lorelai that even when thing seem to be totally destroyed, there are ways to fix things. The car, the dollhouse, the realtionship with Luke? ....

ggrox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 226

All we can do is keep breathing....

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2007, 04:03:54 pm »

You're right about the outfit thing. And Rory wear's the black shirt with the pearls on the neckline a lot in seasons 4 and 5 I think. It is more realistic, I agree.
But I also think it has some meaning that she wears the same sweater then. I think that scene was done on purpose, because I was SO expecting them to kiss that I wanted to punch Jackson when I saw him. And I love Jackson!

I know....When he showed up to her house I was almost screaming...I was like omg omg omg...but then Jackson answered the door in those RIDICULOUS pjs and I almost died

Thanx so much Elise Gilmore!^
Lorelai, this thing we're doing here - me, you  I just want you to know I'm in. I am all in.
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2007, 05:05:39 pm »

I know....When he showed up to her house I was almost screaming...I was like omg omg omg...but then Jackson answered the door in those RIDICULOUS pjs and I almost died

I wanted to scream as well, I was so sure he was going to kiss her. I ususally love Jackson but seriously! C'mon, doesn't he know there are millions of fans waiting for L/L to reconcile! UGH!

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
ObessedwithGG

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: April 30, 2007, 07:24:20 pm »

I wanted to scream as well, I was so sure he was going to kiss her. I ususally love Jackson but seriously! C'mon, doesn't he know there are millions of fans waiting for L/L to reconcile! UGH!

I didn't see a kiss coming there, I was thrown off by the sight of his Jeep pulling up, but for him to kiss her, WAY too soon.  Don't get me wrong, I want it to happen, but so much has gone on and they've changed so much they can't just have a fight then suddenly be all over each other again...not after Chris and stuff.  It'll happen, that I'm praying for, but it has to be in the right time.

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
Devilina07

Community Points: 34

Cause They Are

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: May 01, 2007, 06:56:29 am »

I honestly can't feel bad that Rory didn't get the Reston.  Probably because I knew ahead of time that she wouldn't.  And, there are other options available.  Which I can't elaborate on as they're spoilers.

Just noticed something.  Logan doesn't have a car.  Rory dropped him off at the airport.  And, I don't think they said what kind of meeting he was going to.
I'm note sure if this was addressed or not, but perhaps she dropped him off?  Would all of his things be taken away now that he's not working for his father?  Wasn't Logan driving some really nice Jaguar or roadster during Season 5 or 6?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
  Print  

Jump to: