GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 30, 2020, 03:08:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.17 - Gilmore Girls Only  (Read 118824 times)
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 14, 2007, 03:38:49 pm »

For eight hundred miles, she'd have to use public restrooms. It's different.

It is very different. Going to Yale to visit Rory is not something that I would consider a roadtrip. I mean, Rory does it every Friday night for godsakes.

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

scrsftbalgrl19
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

I LOVE GiLmOrE gRls!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 14, 2007, 03:51:56 pm »

It is very different. Going to Yale to visit Rory is not something that I would consider a roadtrip. I mean, Rory does it every Friday night for godsakes.

true dat... your right.   I wouldn't consider it a road trip... usually road trips are taken with no intention of exactly what to do or where to go.  I think that her going to yale... was more of a pleasure thing rather than a roadtrip. 

Lorelai: Luke.. will you marry me?
Luke: What?
Lorelai: Luke... will you.
Luke: Yes
Lorelai: Well you don't have to answer so
Lorelai: Well you can take a minute to
Luke: No
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 14, 2007, 04:46:45 pm »

true dat... your right.   I wouldn't consider it a road trip... usually road trips are taken with no intention of exactly what to do or where to go.  I think that her going to yale... was more of a pleasure thing rather than a roadtrip. 

Isn't Yale only 25 miles away?  (I drive that to work every day.....)   Wink

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 14, 2007, 04:50:36 pm »

yeah Hartford to New Haven isn't even an hour!!! That doesn't qualify as a road trip.

AbFab
Town Resident

Community Points: 8

AbFab Darling Ab Fab!

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 15, 2007, 09:04:25 am »

I don't agree that it would be out of character for Emily to go on a road trip. She's always wanted so badly to bond with Lor and Rory with the fun, cute things they do together. Plus, give me a break, Emily has used a public restroom in her life I'm sure. They were standing in line at a public restroom in the episode where they went to the Yale-Harvard football game in an earlier season...you know, the one where she found out that Richard was still having lunch with Pennilyn Lot. I believe season 6. She didn't have a problem using it then and in fact knew the best time to get in line.

I don't think Richard and Lor's relationship is so strained or stange. Richard comes from a time or generation where fathers are strong and usually distant from their families. My grandfather was the same way....not emotional nor huggy, kissy and never talked about "feelings". He's traditional and take a look at how his mother acted whenever she was in town. She was a very distant, rigid person. He just sees that as the way it's supposed to be and I think Lor understands that and she knows he loves her and that he knows she loves him. I don't think their relationship is as strained as Emily and Lor's. Richard said he's peace about being hurt and angry when Lor left and then moved on like a typical man. He doesn't hold a grudge like Emily and he's not as demanding of Lor as Emily is either. Just a thought.

Help mummy up, sweetie, I got my foot stuck below a chakra
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: March 15, 2007, 06:12:00 pm »

AbFab, I agree with your asessment of R & L's relationship; not so tortured, just different.  Men of that generation were raised to provide monatarily and physically for their families, not emotionally; Richard is stoic and proud like that, and I think it would be especially out of character to show 'weakness' to a daughter, that's why he never admits how sad or guilty he felt when Lorelai left home, he just uses words like "disappointment" and "shame" as a facade.

But Emily and Lorelai's relationship continues to ebb and flow... I thought it was so cute when Emily talked herself into the road trip as soon as she thought she heard that Rory wanted her to go, and Lorelai talking over about why she can't go was very genuine of her character. Ugh, I can't be as specific as I could if I hadn't watched this episode with my kids bouncing all over the place. (I really need DVR/Tivo).

for the sake of not repeating what jillion other posts say, I just want to add my 2 cents about Rory and Logan. Obviously they did not break up over such a squirmish; if they had, I would've lost a lof of respect for Rory. In fact, I think she over reacted a tad...I mean, what did he do to her? I think her biggest point was that Logan didn't tell her what happened immediately. They are in a pretty committed relationship, and he should trust, respect, and honor her enough to share this hardship with her- that's an important aspect of being partners. And I would've been hurt that Logan's instinct was to blow off steam with LDB buddies, and not that you still dont' cherish your friends when you have an important relationship, but I know that even when my hubby and I were still just dating/living together, that he was my #1 best friend and when my life was falling apart, he was the person I wanted to help me feel better... I can see Logan needing to get away from NY, but why Rory? And I can understand being frusterated and/or worried when your partner starts dwelling in a bad situation, getting in a rut as they continue counter-productive behaviors, but you don't kick them to the curb because of it. I'm glad Rory held her ground to go to the wedding, and gave Logan a reality check, he needed it, but I don't think she should've "punished" him. And I was even surprised when he showed up at the wedding; this guy is tenacious! You gotta give him credit for fighting for Rory; and considering how he used to be with women, it really proves his pure connection and comittment to Rory. I don't care that it costs him a ton of money to make these gestures, they are gestures of love all the same, even if the Logan character was poor, he would still find dramatic and romantic ways to declare his feelings. I can't wait to see what the next step for Logan is; he and Rory are both at professional crossroads, it will be interesting to see how they meld their relationship into all that, because that is a very real, adult situation to face- and a perfect scenerio for why the show doesn't have to end when Rory graduates! (I wish ASP had never said that).

Ok, enough out of me. I'm new.

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
kellygoo72
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 1

Its me... Kelly C!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 15, 2007, 09:20:14 pm »

I don't agree that it would be out of character for Emily to go on a road trip. She's always wanted so badly to bond with Lor and Rory with the fun, cute things they do together. Plus, give me a break, Emily has used a public restroom in her life I'm sure. They were standing in line at a public restroom in the episode where they went to the Yale-Harvard football game in an earlier season...you know, the one where she found out that Richard was still having lunch with Pennilyn Lot. I believe season 6. She didn't have a problem using it then and in fact knew the best time to get in line.

I don't think Richard and Lor's relationship is so strained or stange. Richard comes from a time or generation where fathers are strong and usually distant from their families. My grandfather was the same way....not emotional nor huggy, kissy and never talked about "feelings". He's traditional and take a look at how his mother acted whenever she was in town. She was a very distant, rigid person. He just sees that as the way it's supposed to be and I think Lor understands that and she knows he loves her and that he knows she loves him. I don't think their relationship is as strained as Emily and Lor's. Richard said he's peace about being hurt and angry when Lor left and then moved on like a typical man. He doesn't hold a grudge like Emily and he's not as demanding of Lor as Emily is either. Just a thought.
I agree with u, I myself am only a few yrs younger that Lauren/Lorelai and although I have no realtionship with my father, I think Lorelai and Richard have a nice and typical relationship.. They say alot without using words u know?  I think her relationship with her dad is just precious, she is always so jokey but man, when her dad isnt well, u can see the little girl in her.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own
Random Person
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2007, 06:31:24 am »

I missed this episodebecause I forgot to tape it. Was it a good one, bad one? Was it really important in this season or one that could be missed? Oh, does anyone know when a new episode is going to be because last weeks was old and so was this weeks.
ursakatja
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 258

i was born to love you.....

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2007, 11:38:10 am »

i think that it was a great epizode . i have iton dvd and i just cant stop watching it. great end. i cant wait for 8th season.

kellygoo72
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 1

Its me... Kelly C!

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 16, 2007, 08:01:55 pm »

I missed this episodebecause I forgot to tape it. Was it a good one, bad one? Was it really important in this season or one that could be missed? Oh, does anyone know when a new episode is going to be because last weeks was old and so was this weeks.

U know, I think u will be okay not seeing the eppy.. I mean, if u didnt see the one where Richard got sick again, u did miss the beginnng of the end of the Chris Lorelai saga and Luke being the caring one he always.. U know, I just have a feeling that a L&L reunion might not happen... Seems like they are so seperate right now, Im likely to be wrong since I never read spoilers.. I just don't want them to rush it.. They deserve a happy ending!

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own
baileysmit
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -6

I love Gilmore Girls

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2007, 06:27:57 pm »

ok so Rory was totally right yelling at Logan.
he shouldn't have just shown up at the wedding and let Rory go 2 him!!!

LOGAN: Well... you can move in with me.
RORY: What?
LOGAN: Move in with me. Paris' place is a hole anyway, I never liked that you lived there. And that doo-wop group downstairs? I don't think they were an honest-to-goodness singing group.
RORY: Logan, that's really sweet. But I can't move in
Lorelai82
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 24, 2007, 07:03:48 am »

Our Girls will be back on april 17th...did you know yet??? Kiss
Charlie_Aus
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2007, 04:50:11 am »

it this the last episode for the season? if not, when is the next one coming out? i'm confused with the delay.
scrsftbalgrl19
Stars Hollow Tourist

I LOVE GiLmOrE gRls!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2007, 05:40:19 pm »

OMG... SO LONG... Why caan't they just show the new episodes one week after the next.  So its April 17th??? RU Sure?!?!?  Huh

Lorelai: Luke.. will you marry me?
Luke: What?
Lorelai: Luke... will you.
Lorelai: Well you don't have to answer so
Lorelai: Well you can take a minute to
Luke: No
Devilina07
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

Cause They Are

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2007, 11:05:12 am »

agreed. I have never and will never see that film either.
'The Pursuit Of Happyness' actually surprassed my expectations of it.  It was a decent film.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
  Print  

Jump to: