7.17 - Gilmore Girls Only
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 10:46:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 115313 Members
Latest Member: ASchipper

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 7
| | |-+  7.17 - Gilmore Girls Only
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Print
Author Topic: 7.17 - Gilmore Girls Only  (Read 61508 times)
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 25, 2009, 03:37:46 pm »

Kathy Baker did a good job playing Mia, always liked her.

Rory looked cute, but i hated Lorelai's dress, another of several FUGLY ones this season.

Really wished they showed Lane in labor at the hospital, with Zack freaking out.
James
Town Troubadour

Community Points: -12

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 10, 2009, 02:44:18 am »

I loved this episode. I liked how it started with Rory and Lorelai looking for a suit. I am a huge Logan fan, but I was glad Rory made him wait outside for her.

I had watched this episode on internet tv for free. I really enjoyed it. 

Rock gives children, on a silver platter, with all the public authority of the entertainment industry, everything their parents always used to tell them they had to wait for until they grew up and would understand later.
-Allan Bloom
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: July 01, 2009, 06:23:46 pm »

I thought this was a really good episode.

It was nice of Lane and Zach asking Luke to be the godfather of their twin boys and I think it showed how much Luke meant to everyone.  Zach didn't have a dad around and I think he looks up to Luke as a dad.  After all, he is the father I think that everyone wishes they could be.  Luke what he's done for Jess.  He straightened him out and is now a writer and works for a publishing company.  He's done a lot for his sister and she's now got a stable life.  He's got his own daughter where things seem to go well.  And he's been more of a real father figure to Rory than Christopher had ever been.

What Logan did after the business blow-out was immature of him and I think what Rory said and agreeing with Mitchum about his behavior was dead-on.  His move to leave the Huntzberger group to go out on his own I think shows some serious growth in Logan.  For years, he's been set up to take things over for his dad and become the great Huntzberger.  I think he got scared and wanted to escape through partying and such.  I think the move he did to just leave his dad's business shows guts from Logan.  It's him making a name for himself.  It's a great thing he's doing.

I liked Kathy Baker in the role though I would've preferred Elizabeth Franz who originally played Mia in episode 2.08-The In and Outs of the Inn.  Yet, I was glad what Mia did for Lorelai in concern for Emily.  We all know that Lorelai and Emily had a complicated relationship and Lorelai is struggling with the idea of not having Rory around.  What Mia did I think was just sew the ideas of a Lorelai-Emily reconciliation of sorts.  The last scene showed Lorelai making some effort to have her mother around and Emily being gracious by it.  Emily has a thing for Will Smith.  Oh, she's into Will Smith. 

My only complaint about the episode is the lack of mention of Luke from Mia.  After all, Mia knew Luke as a boy and I'm sure she would've probably said something to Lorelai about what happened with Luke and maybe bring some perspective about giving Luke another chance when Lorelai is ready. 
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: