GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 22, 2022, 10:53:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: 5.13 - Wedding Bell Blues  (Read 85086 times)
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2007, 02:31:54 pm »

About Chris, at the time he just knew loss with his father, so he understood that life is fleeting and can't handle waiting , so he took (what he thought his last chance with Lorelai) and confessed her. Now was that stupid? In a way it was because he should have talked to her in private so he won't mess anything up but in another way it wasn't so stupid because he was scared of losing the love of his life ( plus he was drunk). You can't expect people to make sense when love is the matter.

Chris had plenty of good moments, but this was among his worst. He is normally good at talking directly to Lorelai, which makes his behavior here all the more annoying. He thought he would magically swoop in and take Lorelai away? What makes it worse is that he was following Emily's sinister guidance, trying to "save" Lorelai from Luke. Chris' alcoholic intake is no excuse because alcohol is never a good excuse for anything, plus he went to the reception with his "plan", it's not something he suddenly came up with spontaneously under the influence of being drunk.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2007, 06:13:19 am »

Chris had plenty of good moments, but this was among his worst. He is normally good at talking directly to Lorelai, which makes his behavior here all the more annoying. He thought he would magically swoop in and take Lorelai away? What makes it worse is that he was following Emily's sinister guidance, trying to "save" Lorelai from Luke. Chris' alcoholic intake is no excuse because alcohol is never a good excuse for anything, plus he went to the reception with his "plan", it's not something he suddenly came up with spontaneously under the influence of being drunk.

I agree that alcohol is never a good excuse for anything but i kind of begin to like this moment. Chris had to do something, It was a slim to non chance for him to get with Lorelai but at least he was doing something. He didn't just sit at his place wishing for Lorelai to look back for eight years. He knew how he felt and took the only and smallest chance he had. I admire that.

What makes it worse is that he was following Emily's sinister guidance, trying to "save" Lorelai from Luke

That reminds me of when Luke got together with Lorelai after Emily had told him to. I have always hated the fact he only reconciled with Lorelai after the Emily talk.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 06:16:47 am by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2007, 06:56:04 am »

I agree that alcohol is never a good excuse for anything but i kind of begin to like this moment. Chris had to do something, It was a slim to non chance for him to get with Lorelai but at least he was doing something. He didn't just sit at his place wishing for Lorelai to look back for eight years. He knew how he felt and took the only and smallest chance he had. I admire that. .

I give Chris credit for actively taking a chance, going for Lorelai. My problem is the manner in which he went about it. Even without the alcohol, it was an ill-conceived plan. He would have been better off calling up Lorelai, telling her he wants to talk and meeting her face to face and coming out with his feelings. Something along those lines. The wedding reception, with Luke present, was not the time to make his move. The results speak for themselves.

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2007, 07:04:27 am »

I agree that alcohol is never a good excuse for anything but i kind of begin to like this moment. Chris had to do something, It was a slim to non chance for him to get with Lorelai but at least he was doing something. He didn't just sit at his place wishing for Lorelai to look back for eight years. He knew how he felt and took the only and smallest chance he had. I admire that. .

I give Chris credit for actively taking a chance, going for Lorelai. My problem is the manner in which he went about it. Even without the alcohol, it was an ill-conceived plan. He would have been better off calling up Lorelai, telling her he wants to talk and meeting her face to face and coming out with his feelings. Something along those lines. The wedding reception, with Luke present, was not the time to make his move. The results speak for themselves.

I see your point. Although it's not entirly crazy that Chris might have thought that Luke would propose to Lorelai in that day. So he jumped in.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 07:07:06 am by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2007, 07:08:01 am »

I see your point. Although it's not intirly crazy that Chris might have thought that Luke would propose to Lorelai in that day. So he jumped in.

Ha Ha - Luke propose marriage? It took him a century to kiss Lorelai! They would all be old and shriveled before he got around to proposing. If Chris had known how terrible Luke was at speaking his feelings he might have relaxed and enjoyed the party! Maybe he and Logan could have made a play for some bridesmaids... oh no, wrong party. Wink

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2007, 07:16:29 am »

I see your point. Although it's not intirly crazy that Chris might have thought that Luke would propose to Lorelai in that day. So he jumped in.
Ha Ha - Luke propose marriage? It took him a century to kiss Lorelai! They would all be old and shriveled before he got around to proposing. If Chris had known how terrible Luke was at speaking his feelings he might have relaxed and enjoyed the party! Maybe he and Logan could have made a play for some bridesmaids... oh no, wrong party. Wink

Wow, that is a powerful point! Ha ha, so funny and so true!!  Wink Poor Chris, he never knew that. But wait a minute, when you say bridesmaids, you do realize the only bridesmaid at the party was Lorelai so he took your advice. Or at least tried to.

bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2007, 07:18:19 am »

I know, that's why i said it was the wrong party for that. Smiley

amb2350
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2007, 11:49:20 am »

Does anyone know what the classical song is that Emily walks down the aisle to?Huh  I can't seem to find it.
JMARCH
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2007, 02:49:45 am »

I don't think Rory is necessarily becoming a slut. As seen in this episode, she's learned to ease up a little and take chances, all thanks to Mr. Huntzberger. And I don't think it's a bad thing. She's growing up, that's all. I do miss the shy, sweet Rory, but it's great to see her blossom into a confident woman, who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to get it.
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 26, 2007, 01:14:16 pm »

I don't think Rory is necessarily becoming a slut. As seen in this episode, she's learned to ease up a little and take chances, all thanks to Mr. Huntzberger. And I don't think it's a bad thing. She's growing up, that's all. I do miss the shy, sweet Rory, but it's great to see her blossom into a confident woman, who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to get it.

I agree. She's getting closer to being a young woman, as opposed to a high school teenager. To be a "slut" would imply she's fooling around with guys all over the place. She likes this one guy and went for it.

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2008, 07:50:36 am »

She's getting closer to being a young woman, as opposed to a high school teenager. To be a "slut" would imply she's fooling around with guys all over the place. She likes this one guy and went for it.

I say it was about time that she went for it. She was always too shy to ask someone out or confess her feelings. For Rory it was always up to the other person to take the first move. I think this was one of the earliest improvement in her character during the Rory/Logan years.

Funny how Chris says in this episode that Lorelai was the one who came and kissed him, she took the first move, but with Luke she never did even though she was attracted to him. That speaks volumes to me; that Lorelai and Chris are just meant to be together. Even after the divorce, it didn't take them long to get in rhythm again (in the party where Logan proposed and also in the graduation) but when she broke up with Luke, she didn't go to his diner for 10 months.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 07:54:26 am by SIDNEY » Logged

Nuttmegg015
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2008, 06:35:31 pm »

Emily was definity wrong in getting into there relationship like that when she shouldn't have. I felt bad for Rory having everyone walk in like that Wow
Copperboom619
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2008, 06:25:59 pm »

ASP is amazng! She never just writes a happy episode, with every good happy thing comes a bad upset thing. I love her and gilmore girls! I also loved the rory make out scene with luke and chris.  And i agree that emily doesn't care who lorelai is just what she becomes. awesome episode!!
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2008, 10:05:24 am »

This is definitely, classic Gilmore Girls.

It had all the humor and drama expected from the show.

How Luke was getting parts for his boat and buys boots for Lorelei.  The Cop Rock marathon Lorelei & Rory planned until Emily arrives.  Emily sees Luke sanding his boat.  The bachelorette party Emily has with Gypsy, Babette, Miss Patty, Sookie, Lane, and Kyon.  The wedding must've been fantastic.  I'm not a fan of the 5th Dimension.  It was great to see how loving Emily and Richard are towards each other.  I think in some ways, it's the kind of couple everyone wants to be.  Especially for 40-odd years. 

Christopher showing up.  Trouble.  Though his story about his first kiss with Lorelei was nice to hear.  Rory, being jealous of Logan and his date.  Well, I don't think what she did was slutty.  She doesn't take chances very often and with Logan, she did.  She realized she likes the guy. 

Christopher being jealous of Luke with Lorelei.  Luke, doing his best to fit in with the Gilmores' crowd of posh friends.  Then, he gets Totsied... and then, Lorelei catching Rory with Logan.  Chris, then Luke catching Rory with Logan. 

"I'M GONNA KICK HIS ASS!"  "NO, I'M GONNA KICK HIS ASS!"  Two grown men, acting like dads and wanting to kick Logan's ass. 

What Chris said about Lorelei must've hurt Luke and that ending where Lorelei told her mother, "You and me, we're done".  What Emily did to Lorelei was awful and now, she paid the price. 

What a great episode.  I can't wait to see the next, in the next 4-5 hours. 
wheredidmickgo
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2008, 10:00:19 am »

does anybody know who does emily and richard's "song?"  the one about wanting to marry a man named bill?

spunkie
java junkie
half literati/half headliner
"nice, not great?
great, not fabulous?
fabulous, not mondofabulous?"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: