6.10 - He's Slippin' 'Em Bread... Dig?
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2014, 02:48:45 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475985 Posts in 1571 Topics by 109148 Members
Latest Member: AK52

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.10 - He's Slippin' 'Em Bread... Dig?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print
Author Topic: 6.10 - He's Slippin' 'Em Bread... Dig?  (Read 46125 times)
G.G
Diner Owner

Community Points: 73

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2006, 02:00:45 am »

i like that rory decided to let christopher pay for YALE...i mean i know i said i hated chris but its good to see him happy...and it also better that rory doesnt have to go to friday night dinners...YAY...and also....luke has a DAUGHTER...where did that come from :-O???...omg...this is so exciting...but luke should've tols lorel,ai...i mean she didnt keep going to chris a secret from luke....why does he ave to keep secrets ffrom her...!:)

nicolearr
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2007, 10:44:47 am »

I really enjoyed that episode with Lorelai and Rory together but I just couldn't remember who Sophie (Carole King) was until I read this part of the forum as she is the Music Shop Owner.

GILMORE GIRLS IS THE BEST!! (^_^)
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2007, 12:14:51 pm »

i love carol king gueststarring
gracelandia
Town Selectman

Community Points: 220

{GrAcE}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2007, 09:09:55 am »

I love this episode...

the show was crap without Rory and Lorelai together and I guess the writers figured it out...

also maybe I'm a dingdong but for the last two years this episode title has perplexed me...?

AT LAST A MEMBER OF THE CRAZIEE CLUB
I don't look a day over 89 years and 364 days!
Me and Lexie love pink lemonade!!
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2008, 03:35:35 pm »

It's so good to have the Gilmore Girls back together and Rory is introduced to Paul Anka... aww

The Luke/Lorelai wedding I is all set and everyone is ready... except Luke.

I don't like Chris much but what he's doing for Rory at least, does make up for his absence and paying for Yale is a good thing since Rory doesn't have to feel pressure in owing something like what she's doing with her grandparents.  Yet, it's going to set some tension in the next episodes to come.  At least Rory is finally back on track though having to hear what Honor told her about Logan was sad.  She's still hung up on him.

Luke is now grounded in reality and the idea of him with a daughter has now freaked him out.  I think he wants to tell Lorelai but with Rory's return and a wedding date set, he just couldn't destroy her happiness and everything.  It's obvious he's turning to Liz because she's the closest thing to their mother and he needed someone to talk to.  She definitely delved into Luke's past and her reaction in not being surprised that he has a child goes to show his own relationship demons.  And when Luke heard what Christopher is doing for Rory made him think about reaching out to April.  He's definitely in a confused, overwhelming place where he doesn't know what to do.  He knows he doesn't want to be Jimmy Mariano and deal with someone as troubled as Jess, who is now reformed. 

Then there's whole Hep Alien subplot.  The episode's title partially refers to Ondi Timoner's documentary DiG! about the love-hate friendship/rivalry of the Brian Jonestown Massacre's leader Anton Newcombe and the Dandy Warhols' Courtney Taylor-Taylor.  The guy in the tambourine is Joel Gion of BJM and he's hilarious.  I met Ondi Timoner four years ago at the Atlanta Film Festival where I saw the film as a volunteer.  We both had a brief conversation about TVT Records founder Steve Gottlieb and both said bad things about him.  He's evil and... now broke because TVT Records has gone bankrupt (something of which Trent Reznor is all happy about after being a slave for that label in the early 90s).  Some of the dialogue and the fight is a reference to that film with Joel as an added touch. 

Zach acted like an *sshole because he got jealous of Brian's songwriting talents and the fact he wrote a song called "Lane".  Poor Lane, so excited about that gig and Zach ruined it.  What a dumbass. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 03:41:47 pm by thevoid99 » Logged
~*SailorMoonFan*~
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

We are not what you think we are, we are golden!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2008, 12:59:39 pm »

ehh, i just thought this episode was ok. i felt as though the laughs were kinda forced. the hep alien story line was a disaster. But i was happy luke didn't freak out about lorelai seeing chris. he probably would've, though, if he didn't know about april.

Narco:Because I love you, you idiot!

~This one's for the girls~
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2009, 05:13:15 pm »

Zach behaved like a total d-bag, for no reason.

what was the point of the scary WOLFMAN with the tamborine?

Luke really disappointed me, there's no excuse foe him not telling Lorelai about April.

where were TJ, Jackson and the kids? Huh
Tutorgirl99
Stars Hollow Tourist

"And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb"

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2009, 03:31:07 pm »

Im watching this epi right now. YAY CHRISTOPHER Grin I hate the whole hep alien thing thou. Zack was a major jerk!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 03:41:08 pm by Tutorgirl99 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: