6.10 - He's Slippin' 'Em Bread... Dig?
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2014, 08:30:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 118230 Members
Latest Member: bletgdser

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.10 - He's Slippin' 'Em Bread... Dig?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: 6.10 - He's Slippin' 'Em Bread... Dig?  (Read 46927 times)
Erin
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

The poster formerly known as lovingg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2005, 07:28:54 pm »

As I said, it's 4 good episodes in a row for me. But I think maybe the drought has caused me to be easily pleased. You know, they were giving us 5 star shows a long time ago, and then we were given 2 star shows for a while, and now if we are only at 3 stars I'm so jazzed after the 2 stars that I feel like we are back at 5 stars. Hope that made sense Smiley Point is, I won't be surprised if I'm the only one who is still happy.

No, that makes total sense, and I agree. The 5 star episodes have been fewer and farther between, so when good ones do come along it's easy to get excited.  And I liked the previous 3 episodes a lot.  I guess with this one the excitement of having so many good ones in a row wore off and now I'm left wondering what happened.  

Oh, and I completely agree that it stinks the way Rory found out she and Logan broke up, but I too think she needs to be boy-less for a while.  I think it's the only way she'll truly stay focused and be able to figure out what exactly she wants.  But I'm not holding my breath for that, and I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Logan.  

Liz
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

Lit/JJ forever

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2005, 08:13:53 pm »

and I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Logan.  

Unfortunately. Cry

I agree with your review of the episode, Erin. I found the entire beginning extremely fluffy. (and I thought it was stupid when Rory said "Shoo" to Paul Anka) As you mentioned, it seemed like ASP was trying too hard to make Lorelai and Rory get back into the groove they had before and it was silly and boring in my opinion. I wasn't even crazy about the diner scene with Lane & Luke - although that was just setting some storylines up. I find that those types of scenes with Rory annoy me somewhat. Not really sure why, though. As for the Christopher thing - I was suprised that it didn't bug me more but I'm not sure if even that is over. As much as I am a JJ (that'll never change), I really hope Christopher doesn't screw anything up this time (ie with what he can promise). I don't hate him and I like seeing that he's in a good place for once.
The whole Zach thing was kinda dumb but I am sort of interested in his character. He's obviously going through something (and I think it's fear - and I think he subconsciously sabotaged their big night because of it) I'm guessing ASP will go more into Zach coming up.
To me the scenes that lifted the episode (well besides finding out that Logan thinks Rory broke up with him Grin ) was with Melissa McCarthy. She was so perfectly Sookie and was right on her mark even if the episode was a little lacking.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 08:15:29 pm by Liz » Logged

GG Lover
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2005, 08:24:24 pm »

I read that the next episode is going to be January 10, 2005.  Cry
I don't wanna wait that long!!!-Forget that...I CAN'T wait that long. Oh well. But the title of the episode sounds like it's going to be great...(well i won't say anything cuz i don't want to spoil anybody-although it's not that big of a spoil...it's just the episode name...infact i'm trying to be a spree so..) but if aybody wants to know the name just tell me or pm me or something. I still don't know when i can say something and when i can't....(this post reply is also really confusing) - Whoa..I really got off topic...sorry.

I thought this episode was an okay episode but i've seen better ones. I'm kinda glad that Logan and Rory broke up. (I wish Jess would come back) I was really mad at Luke that he didn't tell Lorelai about April. Hopefully he will or else it's gonna cause soe BIG problems and issues between them....and i don't want that to happen at all. But all in all....good episode. I'm glad that Rory  :)and Lorelai are back together!!!:)

~Nicole~JavaJunkie~Literati~Spree~
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2005, 08:52:13 pm »

I agree with your review of the episode, Erin. I found the entire beginning extremely fluffy. (and I thought it was stupid when Rory said "Shoo" to Paul Anka) As you mentioned, it seemed like ASP was trying too hard to make Lorelai and Rory get back into the groove they had before and it was silly and boring in my opinion.
Hmm, I was wondering what bothered me about it, and I think that's it.

I really hope Christopher doesn't screw anything up this time (ie with what he can promise). I don't hate him and I like seeing that he's in a good place for once.

Ooh, come sit by me.  There aren't many people out there who don't hate Christopher.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
GilmoreGirlNumber3
Town Resident

Community Points: -2

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2005, 09:16:40 pm »

Tonight's episode was kind of a lift off whith where the story line is going.

Last Tuseday on Gilmore Girls: Luke got angry when Lorlie got a call from Christopher but then they patched it up when Luke found out that he has a 12 year old daughter [in seceret still of course] and dosn't want to let Lorlie know because it might mess things up. Rory came home after the fight with her grandmother and things are all better between her and her mother and Logan.

This week: Lorlie had lunch with Christopher and he told her that his grandfather died and he was happy because he inhareted his riches. He wanted to give Lorlie and Rory whatever they wanted but Lorlie passed on it and would ask Rory if she wanted anything. Rory and Lorlie discused Christopher paying for all of Yale, which Rory is going back to in Spring. Christopher agreeded to pay for it all which made everyone happy. Rory was the happiest because she didn't want anything else to do with her grandparents and by them paying for her college it wouldn't pan out [she's pretty much wanting to write them off]. Then Luke tells his little sister, Liz: who is living in his old place now that Luke's living with Lorlie, about his daughter which made her seem excited about it and weirded out at the same time. Then they went to have Turkey dinner with a bunch of there friends and family at the Dragonfly with Suki cooking. Rory gets a call from Logan's sister saying how sorry she was that Logan dumped her which brought Rory to suprize because she didn't even know they had broken up [she seemed very depressed] but hid it. Luke couldn't stop thinking of his daughter he never really knew about which made Lorlie guess something was wrong. Then it ended like that which I can't wait until another new episode comes out next Tues. on the WB at 8.

Please tell me what you think about all of this crazyness? what do you think will happen next. Please discuss...
lilrabbitangel14
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 31

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2005, 09:21:29 pm »

This epsiode was...not as good as the pervious three in my opinion. i felt that the first scene with christopher nd Lorelai was kinda..dragged? i dnt know, its didnt feel right...maybe its jss that i dnt like chris so i want to see him with the least amount of time as possible. Nd then was it weird that liz knew instantly that the kid was Anna's? maybe she nd luke did have this serious thing going on...instead of her being a tramp or anything like that. I thought him telling Liz abotu the kid was good. The line where luke said " he is jss doing what a dad should do, take care of their kid" i think he said it without realizing it. nd then he realize what he said nd then he went to called her..it was a good Luke moment. I jss wish that Luke would go nd tell Lorelai about it nd get it over with.
btw, i really liked sookie in this episode!  Grin

i hope i wasnt too negative, overall i thought this was a okay episode.

Emily: What kind of mother are you to allow this to happen to her?
Lorelai: Oh, I dont know, Mom. What kind of mother were you?

java junkies <33 Lauren graham
Liz
Town Resident

Lit/JJ forever

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2005, 09:24:47 pm »

Ooh, come sit by me.  There aren't many people out there who don't hate Christopher.

Yes, it seems to be a popular opinion. And I feel for the guy. I don't think he's a bad dude overall. He's just made lots of mistakes. I definitely don't want him messing with Luke&Lorelai but as I said, I hope Amy gives him a break and doesn't have him go back on his word.

One thing I found weird though was the fact that he didn't know anything about Rory dropping out of Yale  ... errrrr.. how long was she out for? Maybe it was just my impatience with all those episodes but it seemed like eons. Anyway, I figured he would have known. And yes perhaps he should have called more to find out how Rory was but I blame Amy for not writing him in rather than Chris not being a good father.

Oh last thing I just thought of... and I'm a little worried for the JJ's if it is infact what they were doing. When Rory & Lorelai were talking about how Logan and Rory were "taking some time apart", Lorelai said "Sometimes it's a good thing" (or something to that effect) and to me it kinda seemed like they were trying to foreshadow another couple that might be "taking some time apart". I sincerely hope that the "apart" isn't long Sad But as we all know, Amy can't let anyone be happy for more than 5 minutes so I'm nervous.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 10:36:47 pm by Liz » Logged

greenfairy
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

i <3 Jess!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2005, 12:18:51 am »

the next new episode isnt going to be until January 10? that is sooooooo sad... that is sooooooo far away  Sad i really hope Jess comes back and rory and jess get back together, i always liked him the best out of all rory's boyfriends.. i hope logan is gone for good!!
Krisleigh
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2005, 12:41:39 am »

Liz - I think Lorelai was just trying to hide that she thought Logan and Rory being apart was, well, the best thing since lava lamps. (I can slice my own bread.)
roryg fan
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 78

in omnia paratus (after a coffee fix)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2005, 03:01:41 am »

the next new episode isnt going to be until January 10? that is sooooooo sad... that is sooooooo far away  Sad i really hope Jess comes back and rory and jess get back together, i always liked him the best out of all rory's boyfriends.. i hope logan is gone for good!!

I am glad Jess only came to visit. He is a good friend to Rory but a rotten boyfriend.  Rory has moved on.  Rory needs to be boyfriend free for awhile.  But, I think Rory and Logan are just hitting a rough patch and will likely date some more.

I am still digesting this weeks episode. It had good points and bad points, most of which have already been discussed.

Java , Chocolate , Reading & Gilmore Girl addict
johnecampos
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2005, 08:43:37 am »

Who played Joel the tambourine player on last night's episode?  He looked fimilar but I can't place him.  Think he's really a musician.  Thanks!!  John   Email me if you know at johnecampos@mac.com
Cabwollop
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2005, 09:12:31 am »

Rory needs to get with Marty. Luke needs to tell Lorlei, and Zack needs to stop being an idiot at every possible opportunity.
Cabwollop
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2005, 09:14:05 am »

It was Joel Gion from the Brian Jonestown Massacre. In the documentary "Dig" the Brian Jonestown Massacre get into fights very similar to the one that Pet Alien got into.
alligirl88
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2005, 10:16:36 am »

I am in the camp that this episode was not that good.  Definitely not as good as the previous ones. 

The beginning scene with Lorelai and Rory were very forced feeling.  It almost made me feel uncomfortable. The one saving grace was Lorelai's notes of things she wanted to tell Rory. That was funny.

I hate Zach.  Mad props to Sebastian Bach for finally kicking his a$$!  What was up with that whole scene?  Does Zach not realize that there are other people in the band besides himself?  Well it's obvious he doesn't, but what a fool. I hope that we get something good out of this annoying storyline that is Zach.

Lane kicked butt in this eppie.  And Gil had some of the best lines of the show - with the reminiscing at the club and the line about leaving the band if they start writing songs about guys... classic!

Luke was a fool for not telling Lorelai, especially when she left the door wide open for him to bring it up after her confession about Christopher!  Please!!  I guess they wouldn't have much of a story to drag out if he told her this quickly... But way to go Lorelai for being honest, even if it was after the fact.  I guess in that scene we are supposed to see Luke struggling to grasp what he is supposed to be to April - we saw that when he told Liz as well.  And I liked the scene with Liz and Luke.  You could totally see her doubting his decision, but not knowing how to tell him that.  He is, afterall, her big brother and someone she looks up to.

Lorelai and Chris - even though they had the huge falling out, they do have the history there and the daughter, so of course it won't be all hate when they see each other.  I did think they pulled off Lorelai's uncomfortableness.  You can tell she was hesitant to believe Christopher or accept anything he had to offer.  Glad she didnt accept any of it for herself! She doesn't NEED it.  I am glad that rory accepted the offer to pay for Yale. College is SO expensive... if someone offers to pay for that mess, you take it!!  Although her reasoning to get out from under the grandparets' thumb is not reason enough.  Sure, you know they will hold it over her head, but that should not be the only reason to accept the money. Oh, and what was Christopher hopped up on? Speed?  He was OOC!

I hope that Logan does come back - I want Rory to give him a piece of her mind!!  And I think he's nice to look at ... hehe

I thought the scene of Sookie in the kitching scrapping everything was way overacted.  Although I know it was supposed to be comedy, I appreciated her low-key comedy lines of last week more.

I didn't get the whole tambourine guy when I watched the eppie last night, but after reading that he was actually portraying himself, it makes it funnier.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 10:58:18 am by alligirl88 » Logged
Liz
Town Resident

Lit/JJ forever

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2005, 10:16:58 am »

Liz - I think Lorelai was just trying to hide that she thought Logan and Rory being apart was, well, the best thing since lava lamps. (I can slice my own bread.)

lol Well I know it is to me!  Cheesy

And yes I do believe Lorelai thinks that but looking at it from the writing point of view.. Why would Amy have had Lorelai say that? And in that way.. *shrug* I dunno. Maybe I'm just a conspiracy theorist but I just thought it seemed like she (Amy) was trying to tell us something.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: