7.16 - Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore?
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 09:46:10 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 114430 Members
Latest Member: TNTV

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 7
| | |-+  7.16 - Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print
Author Topic: 7.16 - Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore?  (Read 74168 times)
calbomm
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 30, 2009, 04:38:49 pm »

I have to compliment you on your posts, "Thevoid99", they are well thought out and logical.  I don't see what you see in some of the storylines but that is how it should be.  I agree with much of what you write regarding the character interactions.

Regarding the L/L interaction, I see Luke's willingness to get rid of his boat as a sign that he is becoming more flexible and decisive in his thinking.  I believe that is what Lorelai sees and she likes this change.  Add the fighting for the right for joint custody of his daughter, which I believe impressed Lorelai as well. and you see a different type of Luke. 

Lorelai never fell out of love with Luke.  The immaturity of each of them caused the breakup, I think they still love each and want to be together. 

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: June 30, 2009, 05:36:14 pm »

Thank you.  I was writing what I was thinking after watching each episode. 

After all, I'm someone trying to write my own screenplays.  Some of which are just very dark and all about characters.

I agree that Lorelai probably didn't fall out of love with Luke but I think she was just in absolute denial about it when she was with Christopher. 

Now that the whole Christopher thing is starting to wash away.  I think you're right that Lorelai in some ways, is happy that Luke is changing but is sad that he might not be the same person she's known for so long.  In some ways, it's a good thing because I think it will help Lorelai become a better person.  Be more patient, not rush into things, and not be selfish.  I agree, Luke and Lorelai broke up because they were both being stupid.  Now that Lorelai is single again, I don't think they should rush back into a relationship.  They need more time to sort themselves out and such. 

I just like character studies.  It allows for me, the viewer to get to know a character and see what flaws it has and such.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: