The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 02:51:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1763614 times)
poisonusrose28
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

It's like drinking a my little pony...

View Profile
« Reply #6885 on: August 03, 2007, 12:26:59 pm »

i too agree. has anyone heard if Lauren and Alexis are willing to start up the show again???

support season 8! we must get the show back!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean it....
ckiddings
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

I support a Gilmore Girls Movie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6886 on: August 03, 2007, 12:50:35 pm »

I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but has anyone thought of giving the money that has been raised to one of Amy, Alexis and Lorelia's favorite charities instead of spending it on daisies? I know ASP was huge on volunteerism and giving to the community in the GG script and I bet at least she, but I am sure all of the GG actors, would be very touched by a gesture like that. Maybe a "Gilmore Girls' Fans Care" Campaign...cuz we care about the Girlmore Girls and we care about the world too! I think this would have a touching impact and even if GG never gets back on we still have made a difference. I for one would be more willing to donate to something like that than on daisies alone, and I bet others would too. What do you think?

LDD Campaign Update

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that within the next 72 hours I will be placing an order for the first bulk order of daisies!  We have received $430 for the daisies at this point, this is not including the shipping included with each of these donations, which I have figured in separately.  (We have exactly what we need for shipping, which is $36 - that's 18 donations at a $2 flat shipping rate per person.)  Because Oriental Trading Company (the company we are going through to get the daisies) does not accept PayPal, I have transferred the PayPal balance to my debit card and I will then use it to pay.  At $5 per unit of daisies plus the 10% shipping charge, we will be able to purchase (at this point) 77 unites of daisies.  Each unit contains 250 daisies - which brings us to a total of 19,250 daisies.  I will not be shipping these daisies until we have a total of 30,000.  I will take pictures when I get them though, so you can see they have arrived.  I will also be posting a copy of the invoice when I have it.

That said, to hit our 30,000 daisies mark, we need 10,750 more daisies, that's another 43 units of daisies to order - that is $236.50 total. 

Remember, if you want to donate, please figure in an additional $2 flat rate for shipping.  It's worked out just right for the order thus far.

Methods of donation:
-PayPal to [email protected] (quickest way!)
-Certified Cashier's Check, Money Order, Bank Check or other agreed upon method - email [email protected] for details and mailing address!

Thanks -- and keep mandating!  CafePress stuff to come late tomorrow evening!

« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 12:58:34 pm by ckiddings » Logged

poisonusrose28
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: August 03, 2007, 12:52:36 pm »

thats actually a really smart idea

Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: August 03, 2007, 01:10:32 pm »

Have you visited the other site where most of the discussion of the campaign is taking place?

If not, please visit, join and post your ideas!   All ideas are appreciated!

Also please spread the word about the petition link and savethelorelais.org website.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate/
http://savethelorelais.org/

Thanks!
ckiddings
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6889 on: August 03, 2007, 01:14:34 pm »

We could have donations made in their names, on the behalf of GilmoreGirls.org and ask that any acknowledgement of the donation be sent to either the actors, ASP or CW execs whichever we think would be best. Just more bang for the buck, all the way around.

gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: August 04, 2007, 07:58:53 pm »

We could have donations made in their names, on the behalf of GilmoreGirls.org and ask that any acknowledgement of the donation be sent to either the actors, ASP or CW execs whichever we think would be best. Just more bang for the buck, all the way around.
I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but has anyone thought of giving the money that has been raised to one of Amy, Alexis and Lorelia's favorite charities instead of spending it on daisies? I know ASP was huge on volunteerism and giving to the community in the GG script and I bet at least she, but I am sure all of the GG actors, would be very touched by a gesture like that. Maybe a "Gilmore Girls' Fans Care" Campaign...cuz we care about the Girlmore Girls and we care about the world too! I think this would have a touching impact and even if GG never gets back on we still have made a difference. I for one would be more willing to donate to something like that than on daisies alone, and I bet others would too. What do you think?

LDD Campaign Update

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that within the next 72 hours I will be placing an order for the first bulk order of daisies!  We have received $430 for the daisies at this point, this is not including the shipping included with each of these donations, which I have figured in separately.  (We have exactly what we need for shipping, which is $36 - that's 18 donations at a $2 flat shipping rate per person.)  Because Oriental Trading Company (the company we are going through to get the daisies) does not accept PayPal, I have transferred the PayPal balance to my debit card and I will then use it to pay.  At $5 per unit of daisies plus the 10% shipping charge, we will be able to purchase (at this point) 77 unites of daisies.  Each unit contains 250 daisies - which brings us to a total of 19,250 daisies.  I will not be shipping these daisies until we have a total of 30,000.  I will take pictures when I get them though, so you can see they have arrived.  I will also be posting a copy of the invoice when I have it.

That said, to hit our 30,000 daisies mark, we need 10,750 more daisies, that's another 43 units of daisies to order - that is $236.50 total. 

Remember, if you want to donate, please figure in an additional $2 flat rate for shipping.  It's worked out just right for the order thus far.

Methods of donation:
-PayPal to [email protected] (quickest way!)
-Certified Cashier's Check, Money Order, Bank Check or other agreed upon method - email [email protected] for details and mailing address!

Thanks -- and keep mandating!  CafePress stuff to come late tomorrow evening!

That is areally good idea! Scott Patteron and Lauren and I think Alexis too give to charity! I thinkwe should actually do that! Pretty stick for the idea!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
ckiddings
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6891 on: August 05, 2007, 02:17:11 pm »

what do you think heatherkilpatrick?

Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: August 05, 2007, 02:38:32 pm »

Please read Rob's last two posts from last night on SavetheLorelais.org under the Little Daisy Duke Campaign.
http://savethelorelais.org/board/viewtopic.php?p=291#291
Rob explains it all there..
Ggirlfan
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6893 on: August 06, 2007, 10:05:10 am »

I know you guys have been putting together Daisy Campaigns and I ran across this.   I thought it might be a different idea, but still about Daisies.  These Daisy's are edible! Just a suggestion....Thanks for all your hard work by the way!  I hope we can get results so we don't have to say good bye to Gilmore Girls just yet!

http://www.ediblearrangements.com/Arrangements/Arrangement_Detail.aspx?ID=268&OrderType=1&CountryID=1&StateID=&City=&Date=&Category=&Occasion=

~KRISTIN~
lalaliz2005
« Reply #6894 on: August 06, 2007, 10:09:04 am »

I know you guys have been putting together Daisy Campaigns and I ran across this.   I thought it might be a different idea, but still about Daisies.  These Daisy's are edible! Just a suggestion....Thanks for all your hard work by the way!  I hope we can get results so we don't have to say good bye to Gilmore Girls just yet!

http://www.ediblearrangements.com/Arrangements/Arrangement_Detail.aspx?ID=268&OrderType=1&CountryID=1&StateID=&City=&Date=&Category=&Occasion=

I believe that is the cutest thing ever! I like the idea! Another place to post this idea is at www.savethelorelais.org
Ggirlfan

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6895 on: August 06, 2007, 10:31:41 am »

I know you guys have been putting together Daisy Campaigns and I ran across this. I thought it might be a different idea, but still about Daisies. These Daisy's are edible! Just a suggestion....Thanks for all your hard work by the way! I hope we can get results so we don't have to say good bye to Gilmore Girls just yet!

I believe that is the cutest thing ever! I like the idea! Another place to post this idea is at www.savethelorelais.org

Thanks!  I just posted the link over there as well!  I have sent them to a few friends before and they absolutely LOVE them!

I have to edit here:  I just posted the link over at savethelorelais.org and someone brought up a good point.  They might not accept food items over at the CW.  I guess it would be a little risky!  Oh well.   Sad
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 10:53:50 am by Ggirlfan » Logged

~KRISTIN~
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: August 06, 2007, 11:33:47 am »

LDD Campaign Update

Hey everyone ...

So you are all aware ....

DAISIES HAVE BEEN ORDERED!

The first shipment of daisies was ordered Saturday and they are scheduled to arrive at my house on Aug. 15.  At that point, I will take a picture of them once they have arrived so you can all see that my word is good and that I have purchased what you all donated.  This is the first shipment - the first shipment took up about 19,250 daisies.  Our goal is 30,000 (or more) before we send. 

We need about $235 (that's including the Orientail Trading Company shipping cost to me) total to reach that goal of 30,000 daisies.  More people have donated since I made the first PayPal transfer to my account to order the daisies.  I have received another $45 in donations, plus the $30 I am putting in.  This is $75 dollars.  This means we need about $160 more. 

Remember if you're going to donate, to add a flat $2 to your donation for the cost of shipping to Dawn, Lauren and Alexis -- this is VERY important.  Without that $2, the daisies will get to me ... but they aren't going anywhere.

ALL DONATIONS VIA PAYPAL NEED TO BE MADE TO [email protected].  ALL DONATIONS BY MONEY ORDER, CASHIER'S CHECK, or CERTIFIED BANK CHECK CAN BE POSTAL MAILED TO ME ...  YOU MUST EMAIL ME AT [email protected] TO GET THIS INFORMATION. Smiley

I apologize DEEPLY for the problems we are having with the Cafe Press merchandise.
For those of you who don't know, CafePress has changed their upload system just a little bit and for some reason it is NOT taking my images as it was.  The reason we had to bring the shop down was to change the logos up, and then when I went to go put them back up ... it wouldn't let me.  I am currently trying to troubleshoot this problem -- I don't want any of you to think I'm taking you a ride, the site is just being finicky.  That, combined with the fact that I am moving into my sorority house in about 15 days, is making things very chaotic -- but we will do this! Smiley

Please keep donating and email me at [email protected] with any questions. 

Thanks,
Heather

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
poisonusrose28
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: August 06, 2007, 11:02:18 pm »

do u know what charitys lauren and alexis give to?? i really think if we do this, it might just give them the boost they need to come back possibly.

Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: August 07, 2007, 06:09:52 am »

do u know what charitys lauren and alexis give to?? i really think if we do this, it might just give them the boost they need to come back possibly.

Please post all your ideas to

http://savethelorelais.org

Thanks!
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6899 on: August 07, 2007, 08:03:50 pm »

I apologize DEEPLY for the problems we are having with the Cafe Press merchandise. For those of you who don't know, CafePress has changed their upload system just a little bit and for some reason it is NOT taking my images as it was.  The reason we had to bring the shop down was to change the logos up, and then when I went to go put them back up ... it wouldn't let me.  I am currently trying to troubleshoot this problem -- I don't want any of you to think I'm taking you a ride, the site is just being finicky.  That, combined with the fact that I am moving into my sorority house in about 15 days, is making things very chaotic -- but we will do this!
No worries Heather as it turned out Lauren didn't receive that Nomination spot in the Emmy's so there's no immediate rush since we're trying to figure out another course of action for the funds received from Cafe Press and what they will go towards. 
We need about $235 (that's including the Orientail Trading Company shipping cost to me) total to reach that goal of 30,000 daisies.  More people have donated since I made the first PayPal transfer to my account to order the daisies.  I have received another $45 in donations, plus the $30 I am putting in.  This is $75 dollars.  This means we need about $160 more.
Are you going to put the people's name and addresses on the return address of the daisies when you send them? I think that would make more of an impact but it might be a little too much work for you to keep track of who donated what.

I'm going to Water Country on Friday or Saturday and I'm wearing my "Great8Mandate" button pin on my baseball cap I wear there (I wear a baseball cap there because I'm too thick-headed to put on Sunscreen before I get there and before I start buring but the one place I don't let get sunburned is the part in my hair). So even though I'll be having fun I'll still be Mandating.  Wink
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 08:18:10 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: