The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 08:37:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1729911 times)
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6855 on: July 24, 2007, 11:29:27 pm »

I absolutely agree on what you said cause I said the very same thing yesterday. If they wait some years (like Dan Palladino suggested in this interview) then people will lose interest. And I don't know about you, but if I don't do or decide right away, I skip the idea anyway. You know? Postponing the idea some years and then she'll probably be like: "I just said maybe I'll do a movie ...." such things.

Also, I think CW and AS-P is not gonna happen. Especially after her last interview
And they didn't give him the support that he needed. The studio didn't put him in a good position.
Of course it would be a great way for the CW to promote a new season that they got AS-P back on board .. but still, I think there's too much antipathy in the air.

As far I know, deadline for the Little Daisy Duke Campaign was a few hours ago. But I don't know, maybe now with the new website ...

.... more people donated and Heather postponed the deadline. I'll check back with her and get back to you Wink

Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: July 25, 2007, 05:07:51 am »

Just an update,  There are 35 countries represented on the petition.
Australia, Argentina, Guatemala, Brazil, Germany, Czech Republic, Mexico, Venezuela, Chile, Costa Rica, China, Portugal, Austria, Columbia, Spain, Israel, Slovakia, Denmark, France, Belgium, United Kingdom, Ireland, Poland, Canada, Italy, Norway, Malaysia, Hungary, Sweden, Turkey, Singapore, New Zealand, , Philippines, Pakistan, United States

If you haven't already,

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate/

For updates, please visit:

http://savethelorelais.org/

There is a slideshow called "SavetheLorelais" on Youtube.  TV 
It can be viewed here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2xwyDKmUAg

Thanks! Smiley

Mona
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: July 25, 2007, 02:00:51 pm »

I think, we have to send Lauren, Alexis, ASP... things again. Photos, letters, videos and so on. A big box or something else for each of them.
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: July 25, 2007, 02:50:35 pm »

I think, we have to send Lauren, Alexis, ASP... things again. Photos, letters, videos and so on. A big box or something else for each of them.

Mona,

Have you visited SavetheLorelais.org ?     We have been discussing the same thing over there.

gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: July 25, 2007, 03:09:49 pm »

Once again ASP makes another obscure statement about getting something more Gilmore out but not telling us how exactly she plans to do this.  Roll Eyes  It seems to me her intent isn't for another couple of years however, to me; I think that's a risky move on her part. The longer she waits, the more likely the show will loose steam from viewers as most of them will move on to other shows.  Cry Also, if she's willing to add something more then why don't people come together to see if she'll make a 13 episode season 8?  Huh What's WRONG with people (especially the CW)?! Wall I'm sure there was some way they could've kept up negotiations at least until talking things over with ASP so they can mend what was broken! Gawd, the more I think about this, the more frusterated I feel! 
Probably the reason why sh is waiting a couple years is because of The Return Of Jezebel James. She'll probably be busy with that stuff for a while.

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
Mona
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: July 26, 2007, 08:56:46 am »

Yes, I were on the page but I think, when different pages something like this make it would be bigger and better.
Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: July 26, 2007, 10:34:19 am »

"I think if the stars align we can do it. I’d love to work with that cast one more time. Dan and I would write something great. It would mean a lot to us."
I love when Amy says that.

"I think you wait a couple years. Wait a couple years. Make sure there’s some interest."
Um, I don't think so! Scott will loose his hair by then! (kidding, I hope Tongue) We have to tell them theres interest - NOW! We don't want to wait!

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: July 26, 2007, 10:28:41 pm »

"I think you wait a couple years. Wait a couple years. Make sure there’s some interest."
Um, I don't think so! Scott will loose his hair by then! (kidding, I hope ) We have to tell them theres interest - NOW! We don't want to wait!
Another thing she has to keep in mind is that Edward Herman is getting pretty old so who knows how much longer he'll be able to be an actor. That's what really has me concerned the most in terms of time. 

Whatever happened between the Palladinos and the CW is between them but when it stands in the way of the show ending properly then that's when it has become unprofessional.

Personally if a TV network executive tried to take control over a show I created; I wouldn't allow the show to continue on without me. I wouldn't let their grubby hands get all over my show because I would KNOW it wouldn't go the way I invisioned it. I would've ended the show with Season 6. Season 6 from the middle of the season and onto the ending would be; Lorelai and Luke not going through the gap stuff because of April but instead become more of a family and so they would get married. Then I would have Rory get into a journalism internship that would start right after college... that way we would know she'll make it. At the end Lorelai and Rory would promise to make sure they would be there for each other even when they might be far apart.

If I did let the show continue on without me and hear all the horrible things about how it all ended; I would find some way of fixing the problem as soon as I could. You know, strike while the iron is hot and all.... I would try to be the bigger person by being willing to take the reigns of the show again in order to close it permenately. This way the executives of the network would look 100% bad not me. If I was currently working on another project; I would at least try to find some time to plan things out as soon as I could so I could start them when I was done with the other project. Or split my time between the two projects. Either way, I would want the wheels to turn right away so I could keep my audiences and fans who are DYING for more interested in seeing it.

Now that's just me as a writer but it's not the way ASP is thinking. It makes me wonder what exactly IS she thinking? How does she plan on making and airing this "little something more"? She needs to find a network that would allow her access to the WB studios and that would air whatever she has planned. She needs to make sure all the actors/actresses/crew would be AVAILABLE to get together and make it happen. She needs to have the fans of the show KNOW she is in FACT, and ABSOLUTELY IS going to do it so the fans can stop feeling they're in threat of being betrayed again. Heck, a lot of fans have no idea WHY Amy and Dan left the show and some of them may possibly think it wasn't entirely the CW's fault... that maybe it was money or control issues. Especially with HOW they left the show where they did. Amy giving us proof that she is in fact working on this plan of hers would be the smart thing to do to get loyalty back from veiwers who are suspicious of her actions.

Also, there is still the troubling fact that a two-hour special isn't going to be enough to get all we've been waiting eight years to see... especially with Lorelai and Luke. The fans deserve to see; Lorelai and Luke move in together, a REAL proposal from Luke to Lorelai, the setup of the wedding, the actual wedding, and setting up a future family rather quickly because the two of them are getting kind of old. All of this is too much to go on with Rory storylines, Lorelai and Rory storylines, and Lorelai and her parents storylines.... my head is spinning all ready! SO I'm STILL convinced we really need 8-13 episodes to do all this with.

Ah, sorry it's 1:20 AM and I've hit my second wind so I'm just rambling on here.  Roll Eyes Tongue I know there are people out there who don't agree with me and that's okay... this is just my opinion it's not fact.  Kiss I hope I didn't offend anyone because that wasn't my intention... sometimes things come off differently when being translated through words like this.  Undecided

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: July 26, 2007, 10:37:34 pm »

It would work if They made a movie about the Gilmore future.
I really wish that Amy was thinking that!
If she does not pick a movie date soon, all the cast will be busy!

A big cast they need!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: July 27, 2007, 11:35:30 am »

Did we send out the daisies?
Hope so!  Guess I'll go over to SaveTheLorelais.org to see....

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
JillianLovesFood

View Profile
« Reply #6865 on: July 28, 2007, 11:04:42 pm »

Hope so!  Guess I'll go over to SaveTheLorelais.org to see....

Not yet since more funding is due to leak in during this week...we need all the money we can get to make a really big statement.

I brought this up in SoLG but...

I was wondering if anyone is interested in going to other network website forums like; the NBC, ABC, etc. and post a little something about our fight for another season and the link to the petition. If you do please make sure you post in the appropriate(sp?) topics areas so we don't aggrivate anyone. Most forums have an "Other" or "General Topics" section we can post this in. It has to be a short but informative post. Is anyone interested in doing this? I would do so myself but I'm too busy with part-time work, a writing class I'm in, and family issues that I barely have time to be here.(it's 2:07AM here right now)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 11:07:55 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: July 30, 2007, 12:19:06 am »

I was wondering if anyone is interested in going to other network website forums like; the NBC, ABC, etc. and post a little something about our fight for another season and the link to the petition. If you do please make sure you post in the appropriate(sp?) topics areas so we don't aggrivate anyone. Most forums have an "Other" or "General Topics" section we can post this in. It has to be a short but informative post. Is anyone interested in doing this? I would do so myself but I'm too busy with part-time work, a writing class I'm in, and family issues that I barely have time to be here.(it's 2:07AM here right now)

Any volunteers to be on Jillian's Website Action Contact Team? (aka WACT -- a name I just made up because it sounds, err, whacked -- oh, and Jillian, you've just been drafted because you're the one who came up with the great idea   Tongue ).  Let's start with a few points.

1) the first five volunteers to join WACT should PM Jillian either here or through www.savethelorelais.org .  I think WACT should have its own page in the STL forum and the members of the WACT Task Force should be posted in the opening post.

2) when spreading word of the campaign, the Mandate thread and the STL website, please be polite *especially* when people try to discourage you, flame you or otherwise tell you in not so many words to "let it go."  Respect the rules of the website and don't just spam them with the links.  Remember that just as Heidi is doing by letting this thread continue in its own little side-world, these sites will be more receptive by engaging them in their modes of netiquette, but that also doesn't mean that you have to take it.  If it seems like you're really conflicting with someone personality-wise, then PM/IM/email that person.

3) keep a list of the sites/threads that you're monitoring.  We've got a lot of info on sites already, but not really about any individual threads.  If you start a thread in a given forum, please note the link to that thread in the WACT thread at STL.  If a thread already exists or if a thread drifts into Gg conversation, then post those links.

4) once members of STL get an idea of *where* Gg s8 has its own discussion thread or is otherwise being discussed, then start adding more volunteers to the WACT force and start spreading the word farther and wider, but don't be a poseur -- only go to sites that you're already interested in.  For example, if you like underwater basketweaving and you know that your friends on the underwater basketweavers' have their own Gg discussion thread in their Forum, then link to that forum, but if you have no interest in underwater basketweaving, then don't recruit from that website, let someone who's into underwater basketweaving recruit at the site while you post to the forum of your true second love (ie: besdies Gg), Bathtub Catfisheries of Pomona.  Or something like that, y'know.

-- Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai would be a member of the Bathub Catfisheries, Hartford.
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: July 30, 2007, 10:15:50 am »

LDD Campaign Update

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that within the next 72 hours I will be placing an order for the first bulk order of daisies!  We have received $430 for the daisies at this point, this is not including the shipping included with each of these donations, which I have figured in separately.  (We have exactly what we need for shipping, which is $36 - that's 18 donations at a $2 flat shipping rate per person.)  Because Oriental Trading Company (the company we are going through to get the daisies) does not accept PayPal, I have transferred the PayPal balance to my debit card and I will then use it to pay.  At $5 per unit of daisies plus the 10% shipping charge, we will be able to purchase (at this point) 77 unites of daisies.  Each unit contains 250 daisies - which brings us to a total of 19,250 daisies.  I will not be shipping these daisies until we have a total of 30,000.  I will take pictures when I get them though, so you can see they have arrived.  I will also be posting a copy of the invoice when I have it.

That said, to hit our 30,000 daisies mark, we need 10,750 more daisies, that's another 43 units of daisies to order - that is $236.50 total. 

Remember, if you want to donate, please figure in an additional $2 flat rate for shipping.  It's worked out just right for the order thus far.

Methods of donation:
-PayPal to [email protected] (quickest way!)
-Certified Cashier's Check, Money Order, Bank Check or other agreed upon method - email [email protected] for details and mailing address!

Thanks -- and keep mandating!  CafePress stuff to come late tomorrow evening!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 10:22:16 am by heatherkilpatrick » Logged

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
JillianLovesFood

View Profile
« Reply #6868 on: July 30, 2007, 10:12:57 pm »

My paycheck comes in on Friday so until then I can't donate anything through Paypal. If you don't receive the amount we need is the whole thing going to be cancelled or postponed until we do?

gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: July 30, 2007, 11:31:30 pm »

heatherkilpatrick- So, it is 7 dollars for the daisys?

Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: