The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 01:47:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1764035 times)
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #6840 on: July 20, 2007, 11:18:09 pm »

haha does anyone watch Greek?  I don't really, but it's on in the background and one of the characters said something along the lines of "why don't we just say what we're all thinking.  why the heck would they cancel gilmore girls?" idk just got me all excited that they mentioned GG.

Anyway, I've been passing around the petition link so I hope we get all those signatures we need, plus some!!
Is that episode of Greek going to rerun?

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: July 21, 2007, 12:21:31 am »

It just re-runned on Friday Night on the ABC channel. It will probably make another round in a couple of weeks since it seems like a lot of veiwers aren't happy with how the show is going. I think it has potential to be good if they can drop the lead female character a hint on not being a total snob. I don't like any of the female characters in the show... I only like the males. I especially like Cappie.

Anyway, has any of the petition or Great8Mandate been mentioned on the ABC Family forum? I just stopped by and even though it's kind of dead in there they are upset about how GG ended too. They don't seem to know about the Mandate or the petition.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 01:38:24 am by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: July 21, 2007, 05:39:10 am »

Anyway, has any of the petition or Great8Mandate been mentioned on the ABC Family forum? I just stopped by and even though it's kind of dead in there they are upset about how GG ended too. They don't seem to know about the Mandate or the petition.

Thanks so much for letting us know!  I just posted the information on that site.

Just a reminder!

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate/

Please Visit:

http://savethelorelais.org/

Thanks!
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: July 21, 2007, 08:39:02 am »

Rob, what's the word about the 2nd daisy campaign are they going to be sent by the end of this month or do you think we need to extend the date to raise a little bit more money? I would add more but my hours at work have been up and down like a rollercoaster and I have been juggling that with my summer writing class.

Heather had a death in the family (I hope she's not pissed that I mentioned this), but the whole thing about the deadline about the 2nd Daisy Campaign (LDDC) has made me decide that putting a deadline on it was a mistake and what it should be is "whenever we've got enough daisies bought to be sure that we're as big a pain in the CW's neck as Jericho was to CBS."  Wink 

Without doing any research on it (I don't have the time, of course), I'm willing to bet that the Jericho campaign didn't have a deadline, they just went "Holy Crap, we've got a lot of orders, let's do it now!!" and that's when they sent 'em.  When I hear from Heather again, we'll see not just what the orders look like in terms of orders but also how many more daisies we need to go based on the size of the daisies and comparing them to the two(?) large pallets of peanuts sent to CBS.  That's the size that we're aiming for.

-- Rob

--------------------------
Season 8:  Because I wonder if Emily will ever decide to emulate both Rory and Cybill Sheppard and switch to sneakers.
stephrox
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: July 21, 2007, 10:12:12 am »

Question: With the complete series box set already set for release a season 8 just wont happen IMO..why fight for something thats sooo unlikely. Rather shouldnt we petition a GG movie which is more likely?
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: July 21, 2007, 10:59:32 am »

Question: With the complete series box set already set for release a season 8 just wont happen IMO..why fight for something thats sooo unlikely. Rather shouldnt we petition a GG movie which is more likely?

Rob who will probably answer your question later in the day (he is on vacation)  But in the meantime you can read about the petition at the following website:

http://savethelorelais.org/The_Season_8_Petition_FAQ.html

Also please visit:

http://savethelorelais.org/
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6846 on: July 21, 2007, 02:17:30 pm »

I totally understand why you are thinking this way and sure it seems like sesaon 8 is more and more unlikely especially with so much time passing by but you may not forget two things:

1) I don't know about everyone else, but I for one, didn't know that there'll be a complete series box set until today. And it still makes sense for me, to fight for season 8 - cause well, there have been much more reasonable reasons to stop fighting than a dvd-set .. and I still didn't give up and even more important ...

2) ANY support for season 8 is also support for a GG movie, cause it shows that there are still a *many* fans who want to see Gilmore girls back in some form.

But as Frannie already said, I am sure Rob will post his opinion on this soon Smiley

Nvr2old4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #6847 on: July 21, 2007, 03:52:26 pm »

I am willing to take a tiny stab at this answer.  It is just a marketing technique to say a "complete series boxed set."  Of course it is "complete" because they haven't filmed SEASON 8 yet.  There is still no reason to think they will NEVER film SEASON 8!  I read the promo Rob posted....The "Ad" even made me wonder about a "complete book of Gilmorisms," as there were NOT "Gilmorisms" with every season's DVDs.  Also, the "bit" about all of the extra scenes...etc.  It is simply a way to SELL MORE DVDs before Christmas and NOTHING MORE! as far as I am concerned. I am sure that the marketing department is hoping that alot of people who already own seasons 1-6 will think that they are missing out on some extras and will repurchase that "COMPLETE SERIES" just to make sure!  (And I happen to live in an area where the ORIGINAL Warner Brothers set up their very first movie theaters! Warren, Niles and Youngstown, Ohio. $$$)  It all goes back to "making a buck" any way they can!  And they don't care what impression they leave any of us with whether there will be an 8th SEASON or not!  I found a place where they were selling a "boxed set of the complete series, seasons 1, 2 and 3."  They didn't change how that was promoted...they just introduced and sold the next seasons as they came along!  So, I am convinced there is still ALOT OF HOPE for some sort of SEASON 8! (22, 13, 8 episodes or a mini-series.)

Season 8:  Because I AM NOT READY to say "goodbye" properly or improperly!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 06:14:00 pm by Nvr2old4GG » Logged
hockeychic0825
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: July 22, 2007, 01:42:14 pm »

I will never say good bye  Cry

*~aNnA~* 
made by lucie
 [img]http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u99/iYgilmore/?action=view&current=together-in-the-end.jpg[/img}
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: July 22, 2007, 01:43:41 pm »

Neither will I ! Hockeychic, did you sign the petition?

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: July 22, 2007, 05:12:56 pm »

Hello Aussiebee, thanks for the feedback. here in sydney foxtel is playing the girlmores on arena morning at around 10am then afternoon i think around 3pm then night at around 6pm. Theynhave just started season 5. (s0 hopefully they will continue to do 6 and 7, BUT they do sometimes start either that season again or from day one) Just have to see what they do. But there is plenty of Gilmore Girls through MOnday to Friday on Foxtel. Plus the one we get on normal TV on Sunday's.

Today ill be looking through Yahoo for all aussies who love and adore GG's and ask them to come and join us. And i will also still continue my letter writting.

Thanks Again.
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: July 22, 2007, 08:31:57 pm »

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give you an update on the LDD Campaign.

I want to apologize for my absence.  In case Rob has not informed you, my grandpa who has been in a nursing home for Alzheimer's/Dementia, but who was doing quite well for the past two or three weeks, died very suddenly while I was gone on my vacation and I came home to find out about it.  The past week has been visitations, the funeral, burial and a lot of other painful things.  I apologize if you emailed and I was unable to help -- unfortunately, death does that.

So you all know, we have about $475 for the LDD Campaign.  That's going to be about 15,000 daisies.  That's including checks, PayPal and Money Orders.  For those of you who sent me money orders or checks and are wondering about the status of them, I have currently received them from Kelly C. in Virginia, Anisa S. in Pennsylvania, and Franny in New Jersey.  As it stands the deadline for the LDD Campaign is, to my knowledge Tuesday, Jul. 24.  If you are still looking to donate, you can DEFINITELY do it via PayPal right up until midnight EST on Tuesday.  My email address for PayPal is [email protected].  If you want to participate in the LDD Campaign by paying via check or money order, it is probably too late -- HOWEVER, if I receive emails from more than three people who say they would like to send me checks or money orders, I COULD extend the deadline 'til Thursday, to give them more time to get here.  I will cash all the checks and money orders on either Tuesday or Thursday, which will be the same day I place the order. 

PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT TO SEND A CHECK.  Smiley

In terms of the CafePress Campaign ...

I worked very hard to develop new designs before I left for my vacation and the night I was leaving, I went to go upload them and CafePress has changed some of their image and graphics requirements and the engine was not accepting my graphics.  I tried very hard via my PDA until I was unable to anymore (I was some place where I couldn't regularly use it).  I have not had ANY luck thus far, mainly because I've been at the funeral home for about 36 hours this week.  :-(  Please forgive me for this taking so long.  I hope to have these things up this week -- I don't want you guys to think I'm taking you for a ride -- it's been a very unfortunate summer for me.

Please email me if you have any concerns at [email protected].  Again, the deadline for the LDD Campaign is currently Tuesday, July 24 at midnight EST, unless I hear that we need more time for checks.

Thanks all and sorry for my slowness the past week or so ...

--Heather

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: July 23, 2007, 02:46:49 pm »

1) Ostroff said at the TCAs this week that The CW (semi-paraphrase) "doesn't normally do movies-of-the-week" regarding the continuing question of a Spike movie.  That's a fairly ambiguous statement for her to make.  IMO, it's certainly a statement that we can and should take to pressure them even more to give us *something* as soon as possible.

2)  Just because there's a complete series box set doesn't mean that they can't release more.  First, Serenity certainly came after the complete Firefly boxed set -- the Serenity movie exists *because* the Firefly Complete Series set sold so well.  Second, the MASH series finale has been released in A) the season 11 set, B) the complete series set and C) by itself in a multi-disc special edition.  The studios can and will double- and triple-dip on supposed sets when they can.

So IMO The Complete Gg DVD set is entirely a non-issue.

Well, other than giving them enough motivation to give us a "More Than Complete, Fun and Flirty, We Listened To You and Gave You Another Season Or Three Set" complete with all those commentary tracks that the actors won't let released until the studios start paying them the residuals that they do deserve for the DVDs.

There's no downside to the release of the Complete Series set.  Get the s7 set by itself, get the complete series set by itself.  DO NOT DISCOURAGE anyone from buying the complete set -- at the very least, the sales of the Complete series set will give Warner Studio information on not just whether they want to do more Gg but how much and where (if the CW isn't interested, perhaps ABC Family will, perhaps Warner would want to do, say, a miniseries in direct-to-DVD form.

My advice, therefore, is for as many people to PRE-ORDER the Complete Series set from Amazon or their favorite other retailer AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.  Demand creates supply, after all.  Also, since it's not cheap, ordering it ASAP will give everybody that can't immediately afford it to save $ up for it.  It'll be, like, 30-40% off the SRP of $260 from Amazon, so at least there's that to look forward to.

-- Rob

PS:  When you're going to be in Tombstone, AZ for 2 days, remember to put on your sunscreen.  (I don't wear shorts, but the back of my neck is very burnt.  And the Best Western there didn't have wireless access even thought it was *supposed* to.)

PPS:  Tombstone has a diorama presentation that must be *seen* to be believed wrt "To Live and Let Diorama."  TL&LD is closer to reality than you think it is.

-------------------------------------
Season 8:  Because there's still no reason to let up.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 02:50:31 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
gg4life07
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: July 24, 2007, 03:15:46 pm »

thanks ShutUpRob. i didnt realize how this coul alsoo help ours girls' eighth season still keep hope Wink

*image made by Sharon aka skftex

~mom you've already given me everything i need~
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: July 24, 2007, 07:12:38 pm »

Once again ASP makes another obscure statement about getting something more Gilmore out but not telling us how exactly she plans to do this.  Roll Eyes  It seems to me her intent isn't for another couple of years however, to me; I think that's a risky move on her part. The longer she waits, the more likely the show will loose steam from viewers as most of them will move on to other shows.  Cry Also, if she's willing to add something more then why don't people come together to see if she'll make a 13 episode season 8?  Huh What's WRONG with people (especially the CW)?! Wall I'm sure there was some way they could've kept up negotiations at least until talking things over with ASP so they can mend what was broken! Gawd, the more I think about this, the more frusterated I feel!  Angry

That's it, I'm DEFINATELY making a trip to NY in September! I don't care how I get there or how much the ride costs me! First, I love NY/ I miss visting it and second; I'm hoping fate will throw me in the same path that ASP is walking!

BTW Rob, Heather I'm confused... so we're DEFINATELY sending the daisies this month or are you still collecting funds? I would be able to add more in another two weeks but I can't add anything right now.

Also, I was wandering if people wanted to get together to make some sort of support thing for Lauren Graham missing the Emmy noms. this year? I'm sure we could think of sending her something special with all the talented computer graphics people here.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 07:21:19 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: