The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 05:45:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733231 times)
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6825 on: July 19, 2007, 07:11:31 pm »

I believe just once, per email address... Smiley

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: July 19, 2007, 07:44:39 pm »

I believe just once, per email address... Smiley

Haha. Totally caught on to that!
I have 6 email addresses.  Grin

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: July 19, 2007, 07:57:37 pm »

Let's get Rob 5,000 More!  Keep spreading the word about the petition!

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate/

Please Visit

ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: July 19, 2007, 08:20:01 pm »

any suggestions?Huh

If you're still looking for ways to help, maybe you can let Australian GG clubs know about the new website (and petition, if the don't know about it).   This week I've been spreading the word in GG clubs on Yahoo Groups and a noticed a handful of Austalian ones.   Just a tiny suggestion, no big deal.   Smiley

For anyone else who wants to help on yahoo, here are the clubs I hit already:
Gilmore Girls Fanclub, Gilmore Girls Rocking World, Gilmore Girls Arena, Gilmore Girls Cafe, GilmoreGirlsStarsHollow, Gilmore_Girls, GilmoreGirlsGalore, Milos_Tree_Hill and a few others.

The fans over there didn't know about the new website or the petition. 

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
aussiebee
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: July 19, 2007, 08:46:34 pm »

thanks for getting back to me on that?? so do u think we all should be still voting?Huh im in australia and really can not do too much. i have been sending postcards and letters to the addresses, with no replies. So all i can do is really vote??? so what do u think?Huh KEEP VOTING?? or GIVE UP voting in TEAVEE.com

If keep voting we need loads of help in that area as at times there is only 2 of us there, where on other shows there are over 10 of them?Huh any suggestions?Huh

Hi Ann
I'm an Aussie too.  Just keep sending the postcards and letters, that is pretty much all us Aussies can do and don't worry about not getting a reply because you won't get one.  The other thing that we could do that I have just thought of is to contact Arena TV on Foxtel and ask them to please make sure we get to see Season 6 & 7.  Channel 9 are showing GG on Sunday afternoons at 4.00pm but they aren't doing a good job of it, we need to see it and to see it in a better time slot like Arena are currently showing Season 4 again (although I think we just commenced Season 5 last night). 

Hope this helps!

Aussiebee Smiley
aussiebee
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: July 19, 2007, 08:49:07 pm »

any suggestions?Huh

If you're still looking for ways to help, maybe you can let Australian GG clubs know about the new website (and petition, if the don't know about it).   This week I've been spreading the word in GG clubs on Yahoo Groups and a noticed a handful of Austalian ones.   Just a tiny suggestion, no big deal.   Smiley

For anyone else who wants to help on yahoo, here are the clubs I hit already:
Gilmore Girls Fanclub, Gilmore Girls Rocking World, Gilmore Girls Arena, Gilmore Girls Cafe, GilmoreGirlsStarsHollow, Gilmore_Girls, GilmoreGirlsGalore, Milos_Tree_Hill and a few others.

The fans over there didn't know about the new website or the petition. 

Hey Chocolat,
I have been doing the same thing over here in Australia, trying to get the message out.  Could use all the help I can get, so c'mon Aussie GG fans, bombard all the message boards and site you know with the news about the great things the fans are doing all over the world to save the Loraleis!!

Aussiebee Smiley
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: July 19, 2007, 09:13:09 pm »

Is 10,000 sigs just our goal? n Or, do we need that much?

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: July 19, 2007, 10:02:21 pm »

Is 10,000 sigs just our goal? n Or, do we need that much?

Yes.

10,000 is the *current* goal.  No deadline on when to reach it except that if we do reach it by July 28th or 29th (ie: in 10 days or so), I will print them all out and deliver them personally.  If it takes longer than that, then it takes longer and I'll send them by mail, or make other arrangements for someone who *can*deliver them in person to do so.

Do Iwe need that much?  Actually I think that question is better asked as, "do we need that *little?*  let's put it this way:  Jericho got 114,000 or more signatures during their petition drive which was supporting other, more camera-grabbing campaigns (the peanuts being the biggie, the LDDC would be the same for us.)  Given that the show 1) is on The CW, which has a substantially lower number of viewers and 2) that Gg was cancelled in May with little warning whereas Jericho fans had at least 3 months warning due to the ratings and 3) there are always a certain number of fans of any show who are so disappointed in its cancellation that they just don't want to hear about it anymore, 10,000 signatures gathered as soon as we possibly can after the cancellation of the show would IMO be as good as if not better than Jericho's 114K.  Especially since we don't have a Las Vegas Radio DJ organizing our campaign.  Heck, this is the first non-SF/Fantasy genre campaign since Cagney & Lacey that I can think of.  Considering that SF/Fantasy campaigns have 40 years of infrastructure built into them, in some ways, we're doing something very new in trying to get a show revived.

Also, when Heather gets back online (she had a family emergency right after she got back from vacation), we'll be able to start at least one more high visibility project.  Again, the petition will help that.

-- Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because I noticed that the StL of my St. Louis Cardinals baseball cap looks a lot like it could stand for "Save the Lorelais."
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: July 19, 2007, 10:12:01 pm »

Okay. I hope we get them then!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: July 20, 2007, 09:17:57 am »

I hope we get those 5,000 signatures.
That'd be an amazing birthday present!
Too bad I won't be on here if it happens...

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: July 20, 2007, 09:21:22 am »

Gilmore Girls.......no Emmy nominations. Not even for Lauren. I am so mad/upset  Cry Coffee.

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6836 on: July 20, 2007, 05:07:26 pm »

Gilmore Girls.......no Emmy nominations. Not even for Lauren. I am so mad/upset  Cry Coffee.

Those of us who've been demanding that the Emmys include an equal opportunity for shows not on the Big Four, HBO or Showtime got used to Gg not being represented years ago.  IMO, the academy incorrectly equates any shows on The CW/The WB/UPN as sub-Disney Channel.  (Well, starting this fall, they're right, but that's entirely beside the point.)  Quite a number of Gg fans are also Buffy fans, so those of us Buffy fans are even more jaded about the Academy's lack of taste.  I mean, Boston Legal?!  Ut, no.

-- Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because the Academy needs to learn how to find KTLA (the local CW station in LA) on their televisions after sundown.
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: July 20, 2007, 06:25:49 pm »

haha does anyone watch Greek?  I don't really, but it's on in the background and one of the characters said something along the lines of "why don't we just say what we're all thinking.  why the heck would they cancel gilmore girls?" idk just got me all excited that they mentioned GG.

Anyway, I've been passing around the petition link so I hope we get all those signatures we need, plus some!!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 06:33:18 pm by xdeartragedyx » Logged
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6838 on: July 20, 2007, 07:51:41 pm »

Anyway, I've been passing around the petition link so I hope we get all those signatures we need, plus some!!

Thanks for passing around the petition link!   We need to reach the 10,000 mark by July 28th so Rob can hand deliver the petition.

Have you visited 

http://savethelorelais.org/

JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: July 20, 2007, 11:13:47 pm »

haha does anyone watch Greek?  I don't really, but it's on in the background and one of the characters said something along the lines of "why don't we just say what we're all thinking.  why the heck would they cancel gilmore girls?" idk just got me all excited that they mentioned GG.

I watched that today, I was laughing hysterically because the timing of slipping that line in was great! I love that Cappie character! Especially that speech he gave while dressed in Roman armor. One minute he sounded intelligent and then the next minute his surfer dude self came out.

Rob, what's the word about the 2nd daisy campaign are they going to be sent by the end of this month or do you think we need to extend the date to raise a little bit more money? I would add more but my hours at work have been up and down like a rollercoaster and I have been juggling that with my summer writing class.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: