The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 10:34:35 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765810 times)
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #6780 on: July 13, 2007, 09:25:40 am »

Rob, can we PM you instead of emailing?

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: July 13, 2007, 10:03:08 am »

Rob, can we PM you instead of emailing?

Yes.

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because Rory's Dream Sequence at Chilton should have included Madeline and Louise and, okay, Brad.
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: July 13, 2007, 11:01:30 am »

The petition has 4,478 signatures.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate/

Please keep posting the link!  Thanks!
gjoni
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: July 13, 2007, 01:58:14 pm »

My first post, forgive me if it's the wrong thread ....

Calling attention to TheEnvelope (LA Times) poll:
Who is the most deserving of a nod for lead actress in a drama?
Vote for Lauren Graham HERE if you like.
Nvr2old4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: July 13, 2007, 06:26:57 pm »

My first post, forgive me if it's the wrong thread ....

Calling attention to TheEnvelope (LA Times) poll:
Who is the most deserving of a nod for lead actress in a drama?
Vote for Lauren Graham HERE if you like.

As much as I love Mariska Hargitay.....she is now over 30% and Lauren is down to 48%.

Season 8: Because Emily hasn't sent Lorelai to her room yet for one of her "bits" during dinner.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 06:28:54 pm by Nvr2old4GG » Logged
#1DeanLover
Diner Regular

Community Points: 24

I love Dean, and I am insane!

View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: July 13, 2007, 06:36:30 pm »

Does anybody know who the 10,000 member was?

~#1DeanLover
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: July 13, 2007, 08:20:01 pm »

@ The petition passed 4,500 signatures about a half-hour ago.  Nearing the halfway point.  Hope the Big Project helps when it officially launches on Tuesday(-ish).

@ Lauren vs. Mariska in the poll at GoldDerby -- The way it was explained to me at GoldDerby a couple of years ago, Mariska has a huge gay following and GoldDerby, being an awards site naturally has larger contingent of gay men, thus she gets a huge amount of support at the site.  I'm straight and a huge fan of the site even though I go on long sabbaticals from it, so I want to make it clear that this is NOT a criticism, just an observation.  Of the choices in the poll, I knew that Lauren and Mariska were going to be the two main choices.  One thing that may be affectnig the poll downward is that Lauren voters voted early while Mariska voters voted late.  Another may be that, well, Lauren didn't pick a good submission tape -- she picked "Farewell, My Pet" rather than either "The Long Morrow" or "Bon Voyage," which are the two I would have suggested she pick between to submit.  That aside, a LOT of Gg fans at G-Derby *hate* the Titanic references in FMP just because they're references to Titanic -- not me, me lurves the Titanic imagery for the doomed ship of the Lor-Chris 'Ship, so to speak -- but it's very possible that Lauren's submission choice is affecting her vote.

-- Rob

-----------------------------
Season 8:  Because T.J. probably thinks that a flash drive is when you moon the cops from the window of a moving car..
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 08:36:39 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: July 13, 2007, 09:10:16 pm »

One thing that may be affectnig the poll downward is that Lauren voters voted early while Mariska voters voted late.  Another may be that, well, Lauren didn't pick a good submission tape -- she picked "Farewell, My Pet" rather than either "The Long Morrow" or "Bon Voyage," which are the two I would have suggested she pick between to submit.  That aside, a LOT of Gg fans at G-Derby *hate* the Titanic references in FMP just because they're references to Titanic -- not me, me lurves the Titanic imagery for the doomed ship of the Lor-Chris 'Ship, so to speak -- but it's very possible that Lauren's submission choice is affecting her vote.

Yea but I think people hate the "your the man I want to want" line more then the titanic reference! I didn't really like the titanic reference either but you made a good point (the sinking ship of Chris/Lor) so I feel slightly better about it but I would have much prefered she picked Lorelai?Lorelai? or even better...Bon Voyage cause despite what everyone else thinks or says, I think Bon Voyage was an amazing episode and I think I would have been ok with it ending there (cause IMO, Bon Voyage did seem like a series finale) if the rest of the season had been as good. Undecided Plus LG's acting in both episodes was better then in FMP. JMO of course. Wink

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6788 on: July 13, 2007, 09:40:18 pm »

I'm sorry but SVU will be on forever-- give Lauren her last chance Emmy damnitt! Just because the submission is based on the FMP epi, don't voters know what a phenomenal actress all around she is and dominates this show??

*Can I be reminded what the deadline is for the Little Daisies??

*If I wanted to email someone the link to the petition, could I just copy and paste that one above in Frannie's post?? Cheesy

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: July 13, 2007, 10:27:00 pm »

I'm sorry but SVU will be on forever-- give Lauren her last chance Emmy damnitt! Just because the submission is based on the FMP epi, don't voters know what a phenomenal actress all around she is and dominates this show??

*Can I be reminded what the deadline is for the Little Daisies??

I'm inclined to change it to "whenever we get enough of them to be a *huge* nuisance.  Wink  Right now, though, it's Tuesday, July 24th at 3pm ET.

*If I wanted to email someone the link to the petition, could I just copy and paste that one above in Frannie's post?? Cheesy

You'll have to ask Frannie about that (OTOH, I'd do it anyway).  But Idea for the big project ahoy.

-- Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because bringing in a Ringer for a snowman-making contest is just *wrong.*

And combining two adjacent posts . . .

One thing that may be affectnig the poll downward is that Lauren voters voted early while Mariska voters voted late.  Another may be that, well, Lauren didn't pick a good submission tape -- she picked "Farewell, My Pet" rather than either "The Long Morrow" or "Bon Voyage," which are the two I would have suggested she pick between to submit.  That aside, a LOT of Gg fans at G-Derby *hate* the Titanic references in FMP just because they're references to Titanic -- not me, me lurves the Titanic imagery for the doomed ship of the Lor-Chris 'Ship, so to speak -- but it's very possible that Lauren's submission choice is affecting her vote.

Yea but I think people hate the "your the man I want to want" line more then the titanic reference! I didn't really like the titanic reference either but you made a good point (the sinking ship of Chris/Lor) so I feel slightly better about it but I would have much prefered she picked Lorelai?Lorelai? or even better...Bon Voyage cause despite what everyone else thinks or says, I think Bon Voyage was an amazing episode and I think I would have been ok with it ending there (cause IMO, Bon Voyage did seem like a series finale) if the rest of the season had been as good. Undecided Plus LG's acting in both episodes was better then in FMP. JMO of course. Wink

ITA.  But going back to the Titanic reference, I think what most people miss with the Titanic reference is that Lor and Chris aren't Rose and Jack, they're Rose and, well the snooty little ick-pray played by Billy Zane.  Rose's Mom (Emily) was tightening the corset at the same time that BIlly Zane (Christopher) was trying to assert a cro-magnon control over a woman with a mind of her own.  So she jumped off the boat with Jack (Luke) instead.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because Zach's acoustic instrumental version of My Heart Will Go On was kinda sweet in a ridiculous sort of way.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 10:28:13 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: July 14, 2007, 02:18:13 am »

Be my guest!  Thanks for sending the link!  Smiley
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6791 on: July 14, 2007, 08:58:36 am »

Like if I were to do that ^ it would work? (it's weird that I am so moronic about certain tech things still, but I just really want to make sure that this is right when I do it- I have several people I'm ready to spread the word to!)

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: July 14, 2007, 09:39:34 am »

Like if I were to do that ^ it would work? (it's weird that I am so moronic about certain tech things still, but I just really want to make sure that this is right when I do it- I have several people I'm ready to spread the word to!)

It should work. I tried putting it in my outlook e-mail.  Just make sure you are sending the e-mail in HTML.  You will know if the picture doesn't show up.
Make sure you have a new e-mail open, then right click on the banner and copy.  Then go to your e-mail and either click edit, paste  or
just right click and paste.   Hope this works for you.   Thanks again!
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: July 14, 2007, 10:41:21 am »

Nvr2old4gg:  The flyer thing is a good idea, but unfortunately, they became a huge nuisance in the mid-90's and many cities have laws against them.  While I do subscribe to the concept that even bad publicity is good publicity, I wouldn't want to be held criminally liable for anything[1], especially after The Big Project (I suppose I should have called it the Challah ala Lost) is launched.

-- Rob

[1]  My late, Emily-like-in-a-non-drag-queen-sort-of-way father was a police officer for a decade.

ETA:  I will be away from the board for the rest of the day to do a lot of editing for The Big Project.

----------------------
Season 8:  Because Morey's Salty Nuts sounds like a reference to Chef's Salty Chocolate Balls on South Park.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 10:43:11 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: July 14, 2007, 01:33:33 pm »

I have missed a page. What has been happening?

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: