The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:53:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734758 times)
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6705 on: July 08, 2007, 05:41:19 pm »

It would be sad if we got 10,000 and they did not care!

When the new CW Fall Season starts and their ratings for their new shows aren't that great, they might then realize what a big mistake they made by cancelling Gilmore Girls.
Some of the shows they have scheduled will not have the worldwide appeal as GG did.
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: July 08, 2007, 05:43:12 pm »

If we watch Aliens in America, the viewer rate would be higher. Then, they might keep it longer and not give us Scott.

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: July 08, 2007, 05:59:40 pm »

If we watch Aliens in America, the viewer rate would be higher. Then, they might keep it longer and not give us Scott.

Scott's part as the father is not a major role in the show. The two boys have the major roles. From the preview I saw, it seemed like the mother had a larger part in the show than the father.
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: July 08, 2007, 06:14:56 pm »

He  will be in it as long as it lasts though probably.

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: July 08, 2007, 06:18:05 pm »

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: July 08, 2007, 06:19:31 pm »

We should see if there is away to PM every member to sign!

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: July 08, 2007, 11:30:41 pm »

What happens if we get 10,000 sigs?

If we reach 10,000 signatures by the end of July, Rob says he will print out the petition and deliver it in person....

And by in-person, I mean to the office of Peter Roth at Warner Television, the office of Dawn Ostroff at The CW and the management offices of Graham and Bledel. I have social phobia, so if it happens, then I get a cheap but excruciating form of therapy.

Also, to those of you wondering about Transformers: YOU GIRLS, YOU! Tongue It's not striaght-to-video, it's a live-action movie of the toys/show, directed by Michael Bay and written by Orci & Kurtzmann from Alias. Like, a lot of metal stuff blows up real good and cars that turn into ginormous Godzilla-sized robots. Oh, and Shia LaBeouf and a hot chick named Megan Fox who steals the movie. Oh, and if you need any more incentive, Josh Duhamel.

-- Rob

-----------------------------------------
Season 8: "Because I've entered the Matrix," he said obliquely.
Then, do we get season 8 or a movie for sure?

Let me put it this way: 

Nothing is for sure until it's 1) greenlit and 2) the cameras start rolling.  Since the show is, in fact, cancelled, the actors have been released from their contracts -- Lauren is doing waaaaay too many wife roles in a row, Alexis is doing Sisterhood 2 and, if Edward Herrmann's reports are true, she's considering getting out of the biz entirely, Czuchry has Gravity (if it gets going, but then again, Logan was clearly done as a character on Gg), McCarthy has That Samantha Show (or whatever they're renaming it this week) and, in the case of Patterson, his contract with Gg was clearly converted into joining AIA[1].  Any sort of a Gg revival isn't going to happen overnight and there's no guarantee that it's going to happen. 

I'm not trying to be a buzzkill -- I'm basically, like, one of the organizers of the campaign so I'm just saying that we have to go into it with no illusions, hoping for the best but expecting nothing in return.  We're all taking a risk putting time, effort and money into this -- I've even spent around $150-$200 toward the efforts in one form or another in the past two weeks alone.  And hope to have what a big chunck of that change went to pay for up and running, oh, god, before I go on that vacation on the 18th (Don't worry, I'm also getting my laptop setup for wireless internets while I'm on that vay we call cay-tion because I'll be on the road for a full month.)   

However, since both Lauren and Amy have expressed interest in doing a 2-hour movie, I think that at the very minimum, we'll get at LEAST the movie the more persistent we get with this campaign.

[1] Note:  Since Patterson had originally been signed to s8 of Gg (a fact, btw), if his contract was for a 13-episode season and he's been signed to 13 episodes of AIA, then clearly, his Gg contract was converted to the holding deal that resulted in his casting in AIA.

It would be sad if we got 10,000 and they did not care!

When the new CW Fall Season starts and their ratings for their new shows aren't that great, they might then realize what a big mistake they made by cancelling Gilmore Girls.
Some of the shows they have scheduled will not have the worldwide appeal as GG did.

I do think we've got to look at the schedule, keep in mind the reliability of a certain rumor pertaining to why the talks collapsed between the gals (or should I say, gal) and the network and give the CW perhaps a teensy-weensy little bit of credit that they know just how deep a hole they're in.   Beauty and the Geek in Gg's timeslot means that they've given up on Tuesdays at 8pm entirely (not because it's BatG, but because it's a reality show going up against the DwtS and Idol juggernauts.  BatG just isn't counterprogramming in any sense of the word.)  Aliens in America has 1) questionable subject matter and 2) a tumultuous development history and 3) recasted key actor(s), Life is Wild has recast its two leads, Gossip Girl is starting out at 9pm on Wednesdays, in the post-ANTM timeslot usually held by OTH (Oh, and Tyra may be overexposed at this point).

I think one of the reasons why they held off on the announcement of Veronica Mars's inevitable cancellation for so long is because Ostroff does have the intelligence to know that they DON'T have the development slate to fill the many holes that they dug for themselves at the end of this year.  I don't think that Gg's cancellation was Ostroff's fault, at least wrt The CW's walking away from the negotiating table was what officially ended it.  I don't think that she would have let the network walk away from the table if she could have -- and that's why she tried to hold onto her own personal favorite, VM, for so long.

However, they *do* have *some* midseason replacements in mind -- all reality shows except for OTH and a show called Eight Days a Week.  And they're all cleary *terrible* reality shows (PCD season 2, Farmer Takes a Wife, etc.)  I'm confident that since at least a couple, if not more, of the new shows will be instadisasters, OTH will come back far earlier than anybody expects (and I mean, no later than late-October/Early-Nov.), that'll leave the network with few backups for midseason.

Some people I've talked to say that that just means that they'll stick with some of the instant disasters longer than they might otherwise do.  Like they may aur all 13 episodes of AIA's initial order just because the net will have them.  Conveniently overlooking that the CW cancelled Runaway after only 3 airings last season.  At least one show will get *that* booby prize this season. 

Also, the fact that the net stuck with VM for so long clearly tried advertiser patience -- as well as the patience of CBS/CW head Les Moonves, Ostroff's boss, who reportedly ordered the (unfortunately, I say this as a fan, *justifiable*) cancellation of VM.  I don't think advertisers are going to be as patient with shows this season as they were last season, especially not with Gg having been cancelled so abruptly and with nothing really promising in the pipeline to replace it.  Reaper seems to me to be in the running to take over the Smallville slot or take over Supernatural's slot when Supernatural inherits Smallville's slot in 2009.

We need to remember that the cancellation of Gg wasn't entirely the network's fault, they just had to deal with the fallout of the cancellation anyway.  The flaws in their current schedule for the new season are immense -- troubled shows with recasting issues, an over-reliance on terrible reality shows, an aging hit that's *definitely* in its last season (Michael Rosenbaum has already said that he won't sign back on for Smallville after his contract ends at the end of s7.) and nothing scripted that really seems geared toward getting any sort of critical acclaim or galvinizing the schedule into a coherent identity.  That's what we're here for -- to let them know that they need to get the gals back to the negotiating table, to do whatever it takes to do it, and at least get a *real* ending to the show from it.  With that, you create goodwill, you have the show's identity as a critically-acclaimed show back in teh line-up, you have Lauren Graham back in the lineup, etc.

IOW, there's no real downside for them to try to revive Gg for at least a real ending.  So in a sense, we're going to be preaching to the choir.  Our goal is thus much more immediate -- which is to get whatever form the revival is going to take greenlit, given the go-ahead, scripted and in production as soon as possible.  As soon as possible might not be until March at the earliest.  However, the earlier we keep the pressure on the network and the actors (and to a lesser extent, Amy),, the faster we make the pressure build for them to make some compromises -- Could the network accept 8 episodes, could Lauren accept Alexis doing a fewer number of episodes than she does (such as if Alexis only wanted to do 5 or 6 episodes, would Lauren compromise and do 8 or 10 or 13 episodes), could the actors clear their schedules quickly enough that it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to get the production schedule set.  The sooner we persuade all of them to respond, the sooner we can get them to agree to block out (establish) *any* period of time to do any sort of a revival.

IMO, that's what the real issue is.  That's what the campaign is all about, to get them to start planning for the revival, whatever form it takes, now, rather than just assume it's going to happen and let it all dissipate.  If we just stop looking at the network as the villain here (as they're usually portrayed in cancellation issues -- they clearly aren't the villain this time, IMO), we'll be able to see that we and the network do have a mutual interest -- in making sure that the network creates shows that its target demographics and other audience want to see.  Getting Gg revived makes more sense than rushing half-baked shows like Life is Wild or troubled shows like Aliens In America into production.  Gg has a proven track record for ratings and quality, both of which were still high at its cancellation even though the season finale was forced to bear the weight that it was never meant to bear as a supposed series finale.

But in that respect, we're working in new territory regarding fan campaigns:  usually, fan campaigns have to convince the given network that it's in the network's best interest to revive the show (Jericho, for instance).  I don't think we have to do that at *all* with The CW -- what we need to do is 1) convince at least one of the actresses that, due to the series' nature, the story clearly did NOT end at the season finale.  It was more like the Harry Potter series ending at book 6. 

Scott's part as the father is not a major role in the show.  The two boys have the major roles.  From the preview I saw, it seemed like the mother had a larger part in the show than the father. 

He  will be in it as long as it lasts though probably.

Two sides to that coin, though:  1) the show's subject matter makes it questionable even though the format of focusing on the two boys would seem to make it compatible with EHC and 2) even if the show were to make it (and I don't think that it will), if Patterson's presence isn't large, then that means that he could conceivably commute back and forth between Vancouver, where AIA films and L.A. to shoot any Gg revival.  Basically, it wouldn't be any different than Lauren doing a show and a movie at the same time (she did her first month of filming on Evan Almighty in Virginia during the last month of filming on s6 of Gg in L.A.  It also might be one of the reasons why Patterson took the job even Gg aside -- if his role is small, then he can take other gigs at the same time.

We should see if there is away to PM every member to sign!

PM Heidi, get as many people that you can to PM Heidi.

Finally

@ Frannie:  Love that banner.  *prettystick!*

ETA -- we've now passed 4,000.  We're averaging about 100 new signatures per day.  (FTR, to make it to 10,000 signatures, we need the daily signing rate to triple.)

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because Rory's wallowing skills are *too* good.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 11:36:22 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
aussiebee
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: July 08, 2007, 11:36:44 pm »

Is there a way to find if your signature has gone through??  I have signed the petition twice because I haven't been able to see if my name is on it.  Or doesn't it matter?

Aussiebee  Cheesy
Nvr2old4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: July 09, 2007, 12:04:44 am »

"PM Heidi, get as many people that you can to PM Heidi."

Maybe I did this wrong.  I e-mailed Heidi on June 29, 2007.  I used the "[email protected]" addy.  I asked her if there was a way to remind all members of this forum to sign the petition.  I have never heard anything back.  If I did it wrong, someone, please correct me!  Thanks!

Season 8: Because Rory never got that delivery of Thai (or Indian) food from Sandeep's the Friday Lorelai and Emily went to the spa.
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: July 09, 2007, 04:59:58 am »

Is there a way to find if your signature has gone through?? I have signed the petition twice because I haven't been able to see if my name is on it. Or doesn't it matter?

Aussiebee Cheesy

When you signed the petition, it should have come to a new page where you should have been able to confirm your signature by clicking on a button. Then if you went back to the original petiition link, and refreshed the page your name should have appeared on the petition.
Try it again. If you did sign it, it will come back that you already signed the petition. Post and tell us if you were able to sign the petition.

I am assuming by your screen name that you live in Austrailia. If so, would you mind posting the petition link on various GG Austrailian fan sites or Entertainment and TV forums with a GG topic. Also please spread the word about the petition to anyone you may know who loves GG.

Thanks for everything!
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: July 09, 2007, 05:04:30 am »

"PM Heidi, get as many people that you can to PM Heidi."

Maybe I did this wrong. I e-mailed Heidi on June 29, 2007. I used the "[email protected]" addy. I asked her if there was a way to remind all members of this forum to sign the petition. I have never heard anything back. If I did it wrong, someone, please correct me! Thanks!

Season 8: Because Rory never got that delivery of Thai (or Indian) food from Sandeep's the Friday Lorelai and Emily went to the spa.

Try to PM Heidi.   She is the first post on this thread way back on page 1. Maybe that will work.
Thanks for your help!
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: July 09, 2007, 05:55:12 am »

This is sort of OT but not really. I live on the East Coast and have always listened to WCBS-FM 101.1 which was an oldies radio station. In June of 2005, CBS decided very quickly to change over to the Jack Format of Radio. (No DJ's, only pre-recorded clips with a playlist of songs). There were many outraged fans in the New York City area who grew up listening to 101.1 There were petitions and letters sent to CBS. Just read in the NYTimes online "Jack failed to attract much listener attention or advertising revenue in New York." So CBS is changing it back to the Oldies format with some of the old DJ's.
Also read where advertisers missed the personal touch with advertising spots read by the DJ's.
Even though it took a little over 2 years to come back, the fans were heard. Another fan victory! In NY, WCBS-FM 101.1 Lives!

IMO with CBS Corporation (which owns half of the CW) making alot of changes to accomodate fans (Jericho and WCBS-FM), maybe it's time to start writing to Les Moonves (Dawn's boss) to express our displeasure with the cancellation of GG and how GG has worldwide fans who are upset with the very quick ending of the series. It can't hurt... Maybe just to let him know that we are still around fighting for closure.

xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: July 09, 2007, 07:24:55 am »

I know this isn't nearly as important as other things we have going on here to save GG, but if any of you would be kind enouhg to help over at http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/ by voting for GG when you have time.. it would be greatly appreciated.  I think it is still a good idea to show support over there, I have noticed that fans of other shows have tuned into the show after seeing the progress we've made there and a few of them have even gone on to sign the petitions and everything.  So, it is helpful in some ways.  Support GG in any way you can! Grin Seems that things are a bit quiet there lately and it makes me kinda sad. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 07:26:28 am by xdeartragedyx » Logged
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: July 09, 2007, 10:14:56 am »

Petition Update:

4084 signatures on the Petition Smiley

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: July 09, 2007, 10:25:08 am »

If you would like to help post the petition link, I have seached for some TV Entertainment sites. If you decide to post the link on one of the following forums, please let me know so I can take it off the list. When posting, start a new thread just for GG. The new posts are usually the first seen when people look at the forum.

It's going to take everyone working together as a team to get the word out about the petition. 

The petition link to post is: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Thanks for your help!  Smiley

Entertainment & TV Forums

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/

http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=1  (It is titled Reel Time but there is talk about TV Shows)

http://www.soapchat.net/forumdisplay.php?s=86a16e1f131fc9773b398b865dac58a4&f=124   (Couch Potato Forum Talks about all different shows)

http://www.dvd.nl/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45&order=desc  (Dutch forum)

http://www.mundodvd.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36&order=desc  (Spanish Forum)

http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27

http://forums.comingsoon.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22

http://www.ioff.de/index.php   (German forum)

http://www.discusstv.com/forums/index.php?s=276bac7d0951c645647094e588751e46&showforum=16  (India forum)

http://www.able2know.com/aa_tv.php

http://www.tvaus.com/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=2fcaf2d7c5df008849f8ea3764acbf71
(Australian)

http://www.chat-avenue.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=b5473319cabf5542748368a0389ca3ac&f=14

http://www.cabucojuice.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=2be2f84308abb2b08ccb5f8371cf1268&f=14

Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: