The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 06:45:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765680 times)
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6675 on: July 06, 2007, 03:40:45 pm »

The Little Daisy Duke Campaign

MISSION STATEMENT: 

Our overall goal with The Little Daisy Duke Campaign (LDDC, not to be confused with LCD, which is a hi-def form of television) is to send a gazillion party daisies to Dawn Ostroff, and possibly to Lauren and Alexis in order to get everyone back to the negotiating table in order to urge them to work one last time to revoke the cancellation of Gilmore Girls.  These daises, about 1 1/4" in diameter are made from authentic polyester, they look cool, and most importantly, they come in units of 250 daisies for $4.95 per unit plus shipping.   So we could conceivably now send a *lot* of these daisies in a campaign comparable to that of Jericho.

1)  If we get enough orders, we're not just going to be sending them to the CW's doorstop.  If we get enough orders for daisies, we will be sending 1/3rd to the CW (Dawn Ostroff), 1/3rd to Lauren and 1/3rd to Alexis.  (Why not to Amy?  Because she's busy with Jezebel James.  We think that the other three will be the most effective targets of this campaign.)  We will be re-shipping them out of their original packaging in our own boxes.  The idea is to take each unit of 250 daisies out of their original packaging, fluff them up to put into these boxes and send them to the ladies.  There will theoretically be some settling of the fluffed up daisies in transit, so the boxes will likely be just slightly tight.

2)  As with Operation: Daisy Duke, these are yellow-colored daisies.  A sample of them can be viewed at the website that we'll be buying them through, The Oriental Trading Company at:  http://www.orientaltrading.com/application?namespace=browse&origin=searchMain.jsp&event=link.itemDetails&demandPrefix=12&sku=3/1218&mode=Searching&erec=3&No=0&D=daisies&Ntt=daisies&Ntk=all&Dx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&Ntx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&N=0&sd=YELLOW+DAISIES

(If anyone wants to tinyurl it, be my guest.  For some reason, I never have any luck with tinyurl. If somebody has already tinyurl'd this for me please send it again because I've -- deepest apologies -- misplaced it.)

3) Unlike "Operation:  Daisy Duke," this is not a do-it-yourself campaign.  Since the shipping starts at a steep $6.95 for 1 unit if you buy direct from OTC yourself, we strongly urging pooling the money and having Heather buy the daisies directly from OTC (the great OTC rep I talked to recommended this idea herself).  The shipping charges decrease proportionate to your order the more units that you buy, so Any order above $200 will get the 10% shipping charge, which is the lowest discount they give for shipping in bulk.  And we're sure that we'll easily surpass that by, uh, a lot.  Sure beats 150% for the shipping of 1 unit.  Heather will be handling this project. 

4)  For each unit of 250 daisies you wish to contribute to the campaign, the cost is $5.50 ($4.95 + 10% for shipping) and a *one time only* donation of $2.00 to help pay to ship the daisies in boxes to Dawn Ostroff, to Lauren and to Alexis (ex:  1 unit = $7.50, 2 units = $13, etc.)    IN FORMULA TERMS:  COST = (X units times $5.50) + $2.00.  If you decide after you send her the money for X number of units (X times $5.50) + $2.00 and then want to add more units, it'll just be COST = (Y times $5.50).

5) The methods of payment Heather will accept are: PayPal, certified bank check/cashiers check; money order. 

@ Her PayPal is registered under [email protected].
@ If they want to make out a certified bank check or cashiers check or money order, they need to email Heather at [email protected] and she will give them her mailing address. 
@ And Heather adds, "If none of these methods work for people, I may be able to offer another alternative in the form of donating to my school account.  (Which you can do for the banner like you'd talked about -- I'll send you instructions.)  They'll need to contact me to do it."

6)  If you would rather buy the daisies yourself, you can buy them through the Oriental Trading Company directly and have them send the daisies to Heather herself.  As above, you will need to contact Heather at [email protected] in advance to get her mailing address.  Reminder:  This is not a Do-It-Yourself campaign (except that, well, Heather will be doing it all herself), this is a mass-mailing mission, so she needs to receive your order of daisies in order to send everything out at once. 

7) NEW DEADLINE:  The deadline for this mission of the campaign will be Tuesday, July 24th at 3pm ET/12PM PT, when she will place the order.   The Daisies take about 8 working days to ship to their destination, so those of you who choose to buy the daisies yourselves should also buy them and send them to her no later this deadline. 

Note:  To clear up any confusion, yes Heather and I discussed this new deadline between the time she posted above and this installment of the LDDC post.  Heather's original vacation dates were pushed back by about a week, so we decided to move the deadline back another week.  The bright side is that this will give us more time to collect orders for the campaign.

Cool  There is no 8.  That's the point.

9)  Please spread the word of "The Little Daisy Duke Campaign" as far and as wide as you can, to friends and family off the Internet, to other MBs and forums, to any small stores in your area that your friends might own that might want to support the campaign..  Some of the obvious boards are FanForum, the cwtv.com lounge, etc.  We don't want to annoy people, especially since there are people who post to multiple MBs.  But still, let us know wherever and however you're recruiting people, which MBs it gets posted to and provide a link to this thread or to the Great 8 Mandate thread.  If you so desire, please copy this entire post to that forum. 

10) Keep recruiting for the Petition campaign at http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate .  With the goal being 10,000 signatures by the end of July, we need to be averaging around 300 signatures per day and the pace has slowed down a little bit.  These should be *unique* signatures and email address.

BONUS!  I've finagled a promise from Heather for her to post pictures of her packing the daisies for shipping when she receives them.

-- Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because for wont of a zygote, Rory narrowly missed being a modern-day Hester Prynne with Dean.
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #6676 on: July 06, 2007, 08:37:47 pm »

LDDC & CafePress Campaign Update!

Hey guys --

Sorry I haven't been around to chat too much lately -- with finals and getting ready to leave for vacation and have been incredibly busy.  HOWEVER, I wanted to update you all on the LDDC Campaign.

At the moment, we have approximately $400 raised, which is about 14,000-15,000 daisies.  This does not include what I plan to donate, which will be at least 1,000.  We'd like to be up in the 30,000 range -- OR MORE.  That's 10,000 per person -- Lauren, Dawn and Alexis (or more!).

Here's what I want to tell you that is MOST important:

I leave for vacation tomorrow night, July 7, at 7:30 p.m. EST

For those of you who don't know, I lead a youth group and I am taking them up to Minnesota for camp.  We leave tomorrow night at about 7:30 p.m. EST. I will have frequent access to my phone and the internet until about 3 p.m. EST on Sunday, July 8.  So, if you want to send a Money Order, Certified Bank Check, Cashier's Check or something else that requires needing my address you need to email me at [email protected].  Then I will be able to send you the address.  After that, it's hit and miss whether or not I'll make it to the internet to check (assume I won't be able to).  So please, please, please - if you think you're going to be sending money to me any of those ways, even if it's just a slight chance, email me for my address. Otherwise, use PayPal.  Like Rob said, I'll be gone 'til about July 20, and he gave the deadline 'til July 24.  I will have access to my email relatively frequently the second week I'm gone (July 16-20), but if you're planning on mailing something to me, give yourself at least a week to mail it.

In terms of CafePress stuff ...

I apologize for the huge delay here.  I have to use my brother's computer to design the logos because the software is suddenly not working on my computer.  And then of course, they are done, but the CafePress sight is acting up.  SOOO, things will be posted tomorrow afternoon or early evening, probably around 5 or 6 p.m. EST.  I will post a notice on here once I'm done with the link so you can purchase.  Rob can set a deadline for this. Smiley

Thanks for everything guys -- and keep mandating! Smiley

--Heather

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6677 on: July 06, 2007, 09:15:45 pm »

I'm excited to hear that things are moving along! If I understand you correctly, Heather, you'll still be able to receive paypal? I know I'm lagging in that department, but I swear I'm going to donate!!  And I am still anxiously awaiting the cafepress gear-- I'm gonna have loads of GG inspired fabric that needs a GG tote bag Wink !

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: July 06, 2007, 09:52:00 pm »

Can someone please tell me what the petition link is?

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: July 06, 2007, 10:41:38 pm »

The petition link is:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #6680 on: July 06, 2007, 11:09:00 pm »

The petition link is:

Thankyou.

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: July 07, 2007, 10:21:52 am »

The petition just passed 3900 signatures.  There are Gilmore Girl Fans from 29 countries represented on the Petition.

Australia, Argentina, Guatemala, Brazil, Germany, Czech Republic, Mexico, Venezuela, Chile, Costa Rica, China, Portugal, Austria, Columbia, Spain, Israel, Slovakia, Denmark, France, Belgium, United Kingdom, Ireland, Poland, Canada, Italy, Norway, Malaysia, Hungary, United States

Please post if I left out any country from the petition.

Please keep posting the link on any Gilmore Girl sites, forums, etc.

Thanks!
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #6682 on: July 07, 2007, 10:25:16 am »

We should all write Great 8 Mandate and we want to save GG and stuff on the back of a Tshirt. Then, people would know how much we want GG back.

ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6683 on: July 07, 2007, 11:06:06 am »

We should all write Great 8 Mandate and we want to save GG and stuff on the back of a Tshirt. Then, people would know how much we want GG back.

Divine, Heather and I are already putting the finishing touches on something like that.  I will confess that certain delays in it, which will become obvious when it's unvelied (I think it'll be hours after Heather has left for vacation), are at this point entirely my fault due to my own technical limitations. I've got to figure out how to do the thing that I'm doing, but otherwise, it's hunky-dory and almost ready.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because I'm dancing as fast as I can.  Hope Lorelai doesn't break a shoe again.
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #6684 on: July 07, 2007, 11:24:01 am »

What are you 3 doing?

ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: July 07, 2007, 11:32:36 pm »

What are you 3 doing?

It's very, very interesting, it's very, very complicated and it's very very something that everybody's been asking for.  Problem is, other than being a fast typer, I'm a computer neophyte and have made a couple of dumb mistakes, which I'm in the process of fixing, but the mistakes are slowing me down.  Fortunately someone akin to [Vanilla Sky] Noah Taylor [/Vanilla Sky] has helped me out.  I hope that I'll have everything finished within the next day or so.

(PS to divine:  I had to start several things from scratch, but no worries.  Bunches of things are reset and I'm RTFM now.)

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai would watch Transformers and say, "I wish I had the body of that Michaela chick when I was in 11th grade, but -- hah!  I had the All Spark named Rory in me and that was causing me to slooooowwwwwwwwwwly transform into a Jeep Ranger."  (PS:  Turn off your mind, relax and go see Transformers.)
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #6686 on: July 07, 2007, 11:35:21 pm »

Will it help save season 8?
1600th post!!1600th post!!1600th post!!1600th post!!1600th post!!1600th post!!1600th post!!

CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6687 on: July 08, 2007, 09:01:35 am »

---------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai would watch Transformers and say, "I wish I had the body of that Michaela chick when I was in 11th grade, but -- hah!  I had the All Spark named Rory in me and that was causing me to slooooowwwwwwwwwwly transform into a Jeep Ranger."  (PS:  Turn off your mind, relax and go see Transformers.)

I sadly understood all of that. I saw it yesterday.
Hilarious movie.
My kids name is now Optimus Prime.
Or Megatron.
Do I want to go evil or not??

love is blind so you didn't see me.
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #6688 on: July 08, 2007, 09:03:51 am »

What is it about?

CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: July 08, 2007, 09:56:29 am »

I honestly have no idea what it was about.
There were cars turning into big robots.
They called themselves Autobots.
Megatron was evil and Optimus Prime was fighting against him with his mini-army.
Bumblebee was Shia LeBouf(sp?)'s car's name.
Megetron wanted the All Spark ( a big metal cube) so he could turn all technology into evil.
And there was this little bad robot who NEVER DIED. Until he killed himself.  Cheesy

But you should see it.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: