The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 04:43:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733807 times)
Nvr2old4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #6660 on: July 05, 2007, 09:27:31 pm »

I e-mailed Heidi asking her if there is a way to notify all members of this forum that there is a petition affliated with this site to get a season 8 from the CW.  I haven't heard anything back.

Did you hear from Heidi?

No, I haven't heard from Heidi.  I am a member of the CW...but for some reason......it won't let me post anything!  (Maybe it is because of the topic!...Joke!!)
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: July 05, 2007, 09:46:04 pm »

Hey, kind of off topic, but im goin to L.A. from the 14th to the 22nd (i guess im tag teaming with kukulenileni, lol), so if there is anything i can do for the mandate while im there, within the budget of a 14 year old, please, give me something to do! i want to help as much as i can, and since im actually staying within a couple streets of the set, i can probably do something....i just dont know what!

14th through the 22nd of this month or 14th through the 22nd of next month?  Doesn't make too much difference as far as the suggestion I'm going to give, but I just wanted to warn you that if you're going into L.A. from the 14th thru the 22nd of this month, the Summer TCAs (Television Critics' Association Press Junkets) should be starting somewhere around halfway through your trip, if not earlier, so the Hollywood Blvd. area right around the Chinese theater & the Kodak Theater (same complex) should be a madhouse, as the TCAs generally take place at the Hotel Roosevelt across the street.

Since you're staying within a couple of streets of the sets, well, heck, don't matter which month you're going, you're so close that you've just gotta take the tour -- take the Warner tour!  I've taken it twice and am planning on taking the extended VIP tour when I'm on vacation there at the top of August.  Yes, it's about $35 for an adult and cheaper for child (I think under 13, sorry), but it generally takes about 2 to 2 1/2 hours and the tours start every half hour from about 9am until around 3pm in the afternoon Monday through Friday.  If you've got any Gg t-shirts or caps or anything other authorized Gg merchandise, wear it when you take the tour -- they'll try to depress you about the show being cancelled, but don't let that discourage you.  Wear your stuff anyway.

If you don't have any official Gg clothing to wear, then here are a couple of cheap things you could do:

1) get a black t-shirt printed with the "a film by Kirk" logo in white courier font and wear that, or

2) go to page 1 of this thread, grab the "I support Gilmore Girls Season 8" logo image and make a button out of it.  One of the large, 3-4" diameter buttons.  If you wear it and they say, "Well, there's not gonna be a Season 8" then tell them, "Since Amy Sherman-Palladino says she wants to do a movie for it, we just wanted to let you know that we want her to do something a little bit longer than a 2-hour movie.  Like a miniseries of, oh, 8 episodes or so.  Something that gives the show enough room for a real ending."  And if they say, "Well, so-and-so --" (ie: somebody not named Lauren) " -- doesn't want to do it anymore." Then respond 'Uh, Amy Sherman-Palladino wants to do at least a movie and while most of the cast is enthusiastic to jump on board, even the most reluctant one won't rule it out."  (Let's continue to be circumspect about the rumored hold-out because we're not passing judgment on anyone.)

Yes, you won't see Gilmore sets on any of the soundstages anymore (for the time being, of course), Wink  but the tour is still worth it no matter what.  Shows will already be filming in the later part of July and definitely through all of August.  Since the Stars Hollow town square area is so identifiable, Warner likely *won't* be able to use it too much for the next few years, so I wouldn't expect any radical changes -- the town square has been there for 50 years, so you'll still see the Diner, the Church, Miss Patty's, Mrs. Kim's Antiques, the Market.  Some of them might be painted, some might not.  Lorelai's house is slightly further away from the town square and kinda isolated, near a parking lot and soundstages and very covered with trees, so it's lkely still going to be there and still the same color & trim and everything.  Don't know if they'd leave Babette's house still up, though.  They might -- the combination of the house *and* Babette's barn-like structure may mean that Babette's house is another holdover from The Dukes of Hazzard.

ER will be filming, particularly in August, so you should be able to see some of the filming since they do a lot of exterior shots around the general area of that set.  Several shows should be filming on the Warner lot by the time August rolls around, some sitcoms, too.  A few movies, etc.  I *think* that without a Trace and Cold Case also film on the lot as they're both Warner studio shows, but even if their main sets are in wherehouses elsewhere (elsewherehouses?), there's usually at least one or two scenes in every episode that film on the Warner lot, generally on the street of houses that Sookie and Dean's houses are located on, so you might see them.  Entourage, if it's filming, might even be doing some scenes there, since they *are* on the lot for any plotline in which they're dealing with Warner movies (that is, if Vince and Warner have made up after the Aquaman fiasco -- I don't have HBO, I only get the DVDs.  Wink  )  Bring a pad of paper and keep it handy as you may want to write notes and you won't always have the opportunity to have your notes or camera out, especially on soundstages or "hot set" exteriors.  (All sets, interior or exterior, that are filming or prepping for filming are called "hot sets," any set not being used at the time, such as, likely, the Diner, is known as a "cold set.")

If you want to see one of the sitcoms on the lot, you should google around for them now.  They're generally free but do NOT include the tour.  Luckily, sitcoms shoot in the evening and you'd have to line up around 3-ish or 5-ish depending on the show and what day it is (not all sitcoms film their episodes on the same day), but you could conceivably take the tour in the morning, go and have lunch and still have plenty of time to get back to the studio to sit in on a sitcom taping. 

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because Rory would be having a field day as a reporter with the situation regarding that stalker at Barack Obama's hotel on July 4th.
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: July 05, 2007, 09:54:04 pm »

Fabulous!  I didn't think I could keep up with another message board, but there seems to be a renewed want for GG now that it's gone.

-Laura

Thanks to Frannie and divine and a few others, the word has really gotten out to international sites so far.  And students are starting to catch up on news about TV shows now that we're well into summer.  What I think we're going to see is another influx of young viewers coming in when the new season begins and Beauty and the Geek starts airing in its place.  Won't necessarily be to knock BatG (although it gets weaker and weaker numbers no matter where they put it and up against DwtS and then Idol next spring is suicide for any reality show.), but they'll definitely want to know who to complain to and how to get the show back and that's why we're here and getting things more and more up to speed.  That's one of the reasons why I expect that the petition will reach 10,000 signatures eventually no matter what.

-- Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because Rory looks terrible in a Harpo Marx outfit.
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: July 06, 2007, 07:06:40 am »

Is there anyone on here who has an account on The CW boards?  I was checking them out and found a thread with people who want another season.  If someone has an account an can post there about the G8M and the petition, we may get some more signatures.

DONE!

Thanks Kari for posting the link on the CW Boards. 

We just passed the 3,800 mark on the petition. Thanks to all the French and German Gilmore Girl fans who are supporting the petition!
Keep posting the link to GG Message Boards, forums, etc.   Smiley

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate/

Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6664 on: July 06, 2007, 09:06:36 am »

Just found another GG forum, but I happen to be too old to join.   It's for the younger crowd and it's a TV forum with posts for the GG. So if anyone would like to post the link to the petition it would be appreciated.  They do get alot of GG fans.

The forum is:

http://forums.alloy.com/alloy_2006_forums/viewforum.php?f=81

Thanks!
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: July 06, 2007, 09:11:51 am »

Just found another GG forum, but I happen to be too old to join.   It's for the younger crowd and it's a TV forum with posts for the GG. So if anyone would like to post the link to the petition it would be appreciated.  They do get alot of GG fans.

The forum is:

Thanks!

Too old to join?  Whatever happened to lying about your age?  Wink   Grin   Tongue

-- Rob

-----------------------------
Season 8:  Because, yes, I'm waaaaay in the middle of my Rory phase in these drive-by siggies.
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: July 06, 2007, 09:31:20 am »

How old is to old?

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: July 06, 2007, 10:57:17 am »

The forum is:

Thanks!

Too old to join?  Whatever happened to lying about your age?  Wink   Grin   Tongue

-- Rob

-----------------------------
Season 8:  Because, yes, I'm waaaaay in the middle of my Rory phase in these drive-by siggies.

Rob,

I can't lie.  I teach little kids.  Not a good example.  (LOL)

Fran
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: July 06, 2007, 11:22:15 am »

How old is to old?

This is a really nice site for teens and college age kids.  The forum has a literature, beauty, fashion chats.  Also music, movies and TV.
There are some GG postings in the TV Chat.  There were 300 views on the posting over the end of GG.  It would be good to start a new topic in the TV forum about the Petition Link and we would be able to tell how many GG fans have viewed the topic.

I am way too old for that site.  I am from the generation who remembers the Monkees and Paul Revere and the Raiders.
cutxicuh
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: July 06, 2007, 12:28:06 pm »

Hello everyone.
I'm a Gilmore Girls fan from Portugal and Ive been coming to this forum for some time now.
I want to let you all know that I support the Great8Mandate and that I already posted the link for the petition on  a portuguese forum. No replies until now, but I'm hopefull  Roll Eyes
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: July 06, 2007, 12:33:26 pm »

Hello everyone.
I'm a Gilmore Girls fan from Portugal and Ive been coming to this forum for some time now.
I want to let you all know that I support the Great8Mandate and that I already posted the link for the petition on a portuguese forum. No replies until now, but I'm hopefull Roll Eyes
Hi! Welcome to the org! Thankyou for telling other people abut the petition!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
cutxicuh
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: July 06, 2007, 12:51:03 pm »

Hi! Thank you!

I don't think many people here knows that it was cancelled... I believe there's only one tv channel that airs the show. But it's on, like, two or three times a day. Some reruns, season 6 (we still haven't reached season 7  Wink) and repeats all week, so... Yeah, we can't be indifferent to it lol

I also bought seasons 1 and 2 on DVD... I don't know if that helps, but at least I'm trying  Grin
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: July 06, 2007, 01:17:12 pm »

Ok so just because i want to feel like I'm helping because I can't do the Daisy Duke thingy so I'm going on that forum thingy and spreading the word!!
I think there are more petitions for the mandate so anyone who wants to sign them maybe you could find them by just googling great 8mandate petitions or summin!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: July 06, 2007, 01:54:11 pm »

Ok so just because i want to feel like I'm helping because I can't do the Daisy Duke thingy so I'm going on that forum thingy and spreading the word!!
I think there are more petitions for the mandate so anyone who wants to sign them maybe you could find them by just googling great 8mandate petitions or summin!!

Imy

Thanks for helping!  This is the link to the petition. Make sure you are posting to a GG forum, chat or website.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: July 06, 2007, 02:08:17 pm »

no problem! I want a season 8 just as much as the next crazed GG fan!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: