The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 04:27:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733734 times)
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6630 on: July 03, 2007, 06:17:10 am »

Hey!!! I dont have Myspace, but I have posted things on as many Gilmore Girls Groups on facebook as I could before facebook sent me a warning because it thought I was spaming. Hopefully it'll get us another hundred of votes or so.

Thanks for your help!  Posting the link to any GG websites or discussions on the net helps!  It is greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 11:02:09 am by Frannie530 » Logged
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6631 on: July 03, 2007, 07:01:41 am »

Hey!!! I dont have Myspace, but I have posted things on as many Gilmore Girls Groups on facebook as I could before facebook sent me a warning because it thought I was spaming. Hopefully it'll get us another hundred of votes or so.

I got that too!
I just put it under my notes after that.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6632 on: July 03, 2007, 10:26:23 am »

Thanks for your help!  Posting the link anywhere on the net helps!  It is greatly appreciated!

I agree with the enthusiasm and effort, but I've got to add a caveat:

Please respect the rules of the social websites that you're posting to.  You are the face of our campaign to those groups.  If you're just posting links to the petition or this website, the regulars there are likely going to consider it spamming even if their spambots don't send you a warning, so please participate in discussions in those groups, even if it's just debates on how or whether season 8 should go on.  The more you participate in those communities, the more you link us with them and vice-versa.

Even if this means that you can't spread the word about the petition or this thread to as many other sites as you'd like, your participation and interest in the discussions you do have will likely encourage them to spread the links in discussions with sites that we might not know about, even non-Gg sites that we might even not have thought about.

And on another subject:  there are brand new competing petitions going around regarding Save Gg and Save VM that have been created by the same person within the past few days.  Wherever these petition links are floating, please let people know that this campaign and the Save VM campaign both predate this new petition and what's needed is not a new petition but to sign a single petition.  The guy who is creating these petitons may be working in good faith and just doesn't think that the existing petitions are growing fast enough or he may be maliciously trying to divide the separate save-the-show fanbases for each show.  Whichever reason he's doing it, he's doing more harm than good.

So, this might sound contradictory to the caveat I offered above about respecting other fansites, but wherever this competing petition pops up, let people at those sites know that it's of a questionable nature and *ask* those sites how to consolidate support around the Mandate petition and campaign.  They may think that the solution is self-evident and even do the debunking themselves, but asking them the question is a way to participate in the discussion and may even prompt others in the group to start asking you questions about how to particpate here.

In any case, what's needed is not just to propagate the links, which just makes 'em spam done for a good intent, but to justify bringing the links to these groups by participating in their discussions.  Be respectful of differing opinions, follow their ettiquette rules and otherwise, have fun getting the word out!

-- Rob

ET clarify a couple of vague passages.

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because Rory told Emily off for breaking Lor and Luke up in season 5.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 10:32:28 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6633 on: July 03, 2007, 11:01:14 am »

Sorry Rob, for any confusion it caused. 

I forgot to add to post to Gilmore Girl Websites  anywhere on the net to that previous post.  I only have been posting on Entertainment sites where there is a Gilmore Girl discussion going on. 

Fran
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: July 03, 2007, 12:50:33 pm »

BTW, the petition passed 3,500 in the past few minutes!  Great! 

Anybody know how we can do an "Independence Inn Day" petition rush tomorrow?  (I wish I had thought of this two weeks ago, btw.)  For those people outside the US that may be skeptical of July 4th, remember, Amy Sherman-Palladino herself has stated that Gg exists in an alternate universe where Gore is the big boss in the White House.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because the show inexplicably managed to snag a cameo by, of all Republican politicians, Sen. Orrin Hatch (okay, and far more explicably Dem. Sen. Barbara Boxer) at the top of season 3.
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6635 on: July 03, 2007, 01:21:27 pm »

BTW, the petition passed 3,500 in the past few minutes!  Great! 

Anybody know how we can do an "Independence Inn Day" petition rush tomorrow?  (I wish I had thought of this two weeks ago, btw.)  For those people outside the US that may be skeptical of July 4th, remember, Amy Sherman-Palladino herself has stated that Gg exists in an alternate universe where Gore is the big boss in the White House.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because the show inexplicably managed to snag a cameo by, of all Republican politicians, Sen. Orrin Hatch (okay, and far more explicably Dem. Sen. Barbara Boxer) at the top of season 3.

Some ideas,

I just realized this morning there was a shoutbox on the main page of the GG.org , so I put in a reminder to sign the petition.  Maybe someone could put in a reminder tomorrow morning?

Did you ever hear from Heidi if we can do a reminder e-mail with the petition link to all the members?

gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #6636 on: July 03, 2007, 04:29:50 pm »

Scott is in another show, so how will we save GG? GG is not GG without Luke!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #6637 on: July 03, 2007, 06:16:48 pm »

Yes that is yet another brick in the wall infront of us keeping us from getting another season. I honestly don't think the show will last very long though, I think it looks alright but not something that will be a favorite and I doubt it will get high enough ratings for The CW to wanna keep it. It doesn't help that Scott is playing a character that was played by another actor in the pilot! Shows and movies like that usually don't get much attention so i'm not TOO worried. I guess I kinda am but I'm trying to stay positive. Does anyone know what Scotts contract is like on that show?! Cause I think if The CW renewed the show, they would let him out of AiA and I think Scott would jump at the chance.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 06:17:59 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #6638 on: July 03, 2007, 06:57:06 pm »

Maybe the fall after this fall, we could have a season 8!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
Nvr2old4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #6639 on: July 03, 2007, 07:18:09 pm »

I e-mailed Heidi asking her if there is a way to notify all members of this forum that there is a petition affliated with this site to get a season 8 from the CW.  I haven't heard anything back.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 11:25:33 pm by Nvr2old4GG » Logged
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #6640 on: July 03, 2007, 07:20:59 pm »

She might still be on vacation.

JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6641 on: July 03, 2007, 07:54:27 pm »

The show Scott is in airs during the Fall Season and the 8th season of GG we're fighting for we want to air during the Spring Season. So it shouldn't effect our mission at all as long as the "powers-to-be" are aware of when we want the 8th GG to take place. Also, like other members have stated before; the part SP has is a much smaller part in comparison to GG and yes it will rake in some GG fans because SP is in it HOWEVER, the storyline is BORING and is VERY similiar to something that would've come out of 7th Heaven. It will be interesting for the first two episodes but once it hits the 3rd episode people will begin to notice the storyline is being stretch too thin and is slow/boring. It's show more suitable for a TV movie than a full season and hopefully it will end with only 1 season so Scott would be able to hop over to GG if (when) it comes up.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #6642 on: July 03, 2007, 09:43:48 pm »

Here's just a quick tip: if you're part of any other message boards, try putting the petition link in your signature. It couldn't hurt!  Smiley

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
karikrigsmann
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #6643 on: July 04, 2007, 03:32:42 am »

I just wanted to defend myself and say that I joined these groups and only posted on the ones where people were saying that they were sad it was over and asking why and if there was some chance or hope. I didnt just plaster the petition link. I left a note saying there was hope and that this site exists as well as the petition. The only reason I got a warning is because there are over 500 Gilmore Girl facebook groups, and I guess if you post the same thing on too many it automatically thinks your spamming!
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6644 on: July 04, 2007, 07:46:34 am »

I don't think anyone was attacking you.
Rob was just saying to follow the site's rules.
We don't want the G8M to get into trouble.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: