The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 01:29:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1762650 times)
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6615 on: July 02, 2007, 06:38:04 am »

Heather,

Thanks for the update!  I know alot of people can't wait for the CafePress items to be put up.  Thanks for all you are doing!

Update on the Petition

We have 3374 signatures on the Petition at this time.  Need to get that up to 10,000 by July 28th so Rob can deliver it in person.

Just an idea...

Was looking at youtube and saw the videos on the Great 8 Mandate... Is there anyone who can do a GG video with the petition link on it?  Thought it would give the Petition more exposure.   If anyone can do that, please post.  It would be greatly appreciated!

Keep putting the petition link on any GG Fan Sites.  Also if you go to Google News and Search for "gilmore girls", you will get articles
where you might be able to comment and post the link.   Another place is Topix.com   I keep posting the petition link in the Entertainment Forum every few days or in comments to an article about GG.   
Try searching GG in other search engines!   Every time the link is posted the petition gets more exposure!

Any other ideas.....?

Thanks for your help!
Fran

Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: July 02, 2007, 08:10:04 am »

I told my whole family to sign, my whole class, my friends, my friends familys, my cousins call their class and friends. I hope they all sign the petition. I know a few are really big fans but some of them  just watch Gilmore Girls sometimes but they like the show. The ones who never saw the show, I told them to watch it and than they should make their opinion. Smiley
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: July 02, 2007, 10:00:11 am »

I told my whole family to sign, my whole class, my friends, my friends familys, my cousins call their class and friends. I hope they all sign the petition. I know a few are really big fans but some of them  just watch Gilmore Girls sometimes but they like the show. The ones who never saw the show, I told them to watch it and than they should make their opinion. Smiley

Thanks Wonny for getting people to sign the petition!

Just a reminder, the link to the petition is:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate/
poisonusrose28
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

It's like drinking a my little pony...

View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: July 02, 2007, 10:58:34 am »

i'll make sure everyone in my family signs it too!!

support season 8! we must get the show back!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean it....
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: July 02, 2007, 12:04:13 pm »

The Little Daisy Duke Campaign

MISSION STATEMENT: 

Our overall goal with The Little Daisy Duke Campaign (LDDC, not to be confused with LCD, which is a hi-def form of television) is to send a gazillion party daisies to Dawn Ostroff, and possibly to Lauren and Alexis in order to get everyone back to the negotiating table in order to urge them to work one last time to revoke the cancellation of Gilmore Girls.  These daises, about 1 1/4" in diameter are made from authentic polyester, they look cool, and most importantly, they come in units of 250 daisies for $4.95 per unit plus shipping.   So we could conceivably now send a *lot* of these daisies in a campaign comparable to that of Jericho.

1)  If we get enough orders, we're not just going to be sending them to the CW's doorstop.  If we get enough orders for daisies, we will be sending 1/3rd to the CW (Dawn Ostroff), 1/3rd to Lauren and 1/3rd to Alexis.  (Why not to Amy?  Because she's busy with Jezebel James.  We think that the other three will be the most effective targets of this campaign.)  We will be re-shipping them out of their original packaging in our own boxes.  The idea is to take each unit of 250 daisies out of their original packaging, fluff them up to put into these boxes and send them to the ladies.  There will theoretically be some settling of the fluffed up daisies in transit, so the boxes will likely be just slightly tight.

2)  As with Operation: Daisy Duke, these are yellow-colored daisies.  A sample of them can be viewed at the website that we'll be buying them through, The Oriental Trading Company at:  http://www.orientaltrading.com/application?namespace=browse&origin=searchMain.jsp&event=link.itemDetails&demandPrefix=12&sku=3/1218&mode=Searching&erec=3&No=0&D=daisies&Ntt=daisies&Ntk=all&Dx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&Ntx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&N=0&sd=YELLOW+DAISIES

(If anyone wants to tinyurl it, be my guest.  For some reason, I never have any luck with tinyurl.)

3) Unlike "Operation:  Daisy Duke," this is not a do-it-yourself campaign.  Since the shipping starts at a steep $6.95 for 1 unit if you buy direct from OTC yourself, we strongly urging pooling the money and having Heather buy the daisies directly from OTC (the great OTC rep I talked to recommended this idea herself).  The shipping charges decrease proportionate to your order the more units that you buy, so Any order above $200 will get the 10% shipping charge, which is the lowest discount they give for shipping in bulk.  And we're sure that we'll easily surpass that by, uh, a lot.  Sure beats 150% for the shipping of 1 unit.  Heather will be handling this project. 

4)  For each unit of 250 daisies you wish to contribute to the campaign, the cost is $5.50 ($4.95 + 10% for shipping) and a *one time only* donation of $2.00 to help pay to ship the daisies in boxes to Dawn Ostroff, to Lauren and to Alexis (ex:  1 unit = $7.50, 2 units = $13, etc.)    IN FORMULA TERMS:  COST = (X units times $5.50) + $2.00.  If you decide after you send her the money for X number of units (X times $5.50) + $2.00 and then want to add more units, it'll just be COST = (Y times $5.50).

5) The methods of payment Heather will accept are: PayPal, certified bank check/cashiers check; money order. 

@ Her PayPal is registered under [email protected].
@ If they want to make out a certified bank check or cashiers check or money order, they need to email Heather at [email protected] and she will give them her mailing address. 
@ And Heather adds, "If none of these methods work for people, I may be able to offer another alternative in the form of donating to my school account.  (Which you can do for the banner like you'd talked about -- I'll send you instructions.)  They'll need to contact me to do it."

6)  If you would rather buy the daisies yourself, you can buy them through the Oriental Trading Company directly and have them send the daisies to Heather herself.  As above, you will need to contact Heather at [email protected] in advance to get her mailing address.  Reminder:  This is not a Do-It-Yourself campaign (except that, well, Heather will be doing it all herself), this is a mass-mailing mission, so she needs to receive your order of daisies in order to send everything out at once. 

7) NEW DEADLINE:  The deadline for this mission of the campaign will be Tuesday, July 24th at 3pm ET/12PM PT, when she will place the order.   The Daisies take about 8 working days to ship to their destination, so those of you who choose to buy the daisies yourselves should also buy them and send them to her no later this deadline. 

Note:  To clear up any confusion, yes Heather and I discussed this new deadline between the time she posted above and this installment of the LDDC post.  Heather's original vacation dates were pushed back by about a week, so we decided to move the deadline back another week.  The bright side is that this will give us more time to collect orders for the campaign.

Cool  There is no 8.  That's the point.

9)  Please spread the word of "The Little Daisy Duke Campaign" as far and as wide as you can, to friends and family off the Internet, to other MBs and forums, to any small stores in your area that your friends might own that might want to support the campaign..  Some of the obvious boards are FanForum, the cwtv.com lounge, etc.  We don't want to annoy people, especially since there are people who post to multiple MBs.  But still, let us know wherever and however you're recruiting people, which MBs it gets posted to and provide a link to this thread or to the Great 8 Mandate thread.  If you so desire, please copy this entire post to that forum. 

10) Keep recruiting for the Petition campaign at http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate .  With the goal being 10,000 signatures by the end of July, we need to be averaging around 300 signatures per day and the pace has slowed down a little bit.  These should be *unique* signatures and email address.

BONUS!  I've finagled a promise from Heather for her to post pictures of her packing the daisies for shipping when she receives them.

-- Rob

ETA information about the new deadline

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because if Whorey Rory can wear a leather outfit in Sin City, she should be able to wear one in Stars Hollow.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 12:28:41 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Kane
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: July 02, 2007, 01:01:45 pm »

Mistake- please see the next posting to save the gilmore girls at: http://www.youchoose.net/pledge/save_gilmore_girls/from/kaneb
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 01:23:38 pm by Kane » Logged
Kane
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: July 02, 2007, 01:22:18 pm »

There is a petition at YouChoose.net to save the show and has received over 400 signatures in only 3 days.

Join us and sign the petition at: http://www.youchoose.net/pledge/save_gilmore_girls/from/kaneb
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: July 02, 2007, 01:34:05 pm »

Is it really still posssible to save Gilmore Girls? Scott already is in a different show!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: July 02, 2007, 03:13:41 pm »

I feel a little threathened by the Scott in "Aliens in America" news because as much as I think it has a boring premise and there couldn't be much to the storyline; the fact that Scott is in it and playing a male lead will gain interest from ex-Gilmore fans. There are GG fans who will give the show a try and I fear they might continue to watch just because SP is in it. The storyline is a good idea for a TV movie or something but NOT an 8+ episode season.  I believe it will stretch the storyline too thin. I am still thinking it will bomb after the 3rd episode because of this. I think Scott is desperate to find some sort of permanent role in TV to keep cash flow considering it seems to me that he's more of a TV actor than a movie one. Evenso, I can't help but worry.  Shocked

Another worrisome thing I have is the delivery of the DD2 campaign because Alexis could be filming in Greece by then and/or Lauren could be in Conneticut where they won't receive the DD2 until they get back to California which who knows how long that will take. Undecided

I know I keep on bringing up things but I figure they should be discussed in case we need to change things a little bit.   Lips Sealed

I'm glad the DD2 campaign fundraising has been pushed up to July 24th because that will certainly help gain more money.

There is a petition at YouChoose.net to save the show and has received over 400 signatures in only 3 days.
As much as I think that is wonderful; there is a bigger need to have a single, gigantic petition than several scattered ones. We need to make an enormous impression on the CW and the actors involved on how important an 8th season is to us fans. Also, with ShutUpRob willing to hand-deliver the petition, there is a bigger chance of it getting where it's supposed to and have the powers-to-be take it more seriously. Online petitions seem to be ignored by companies because they believe it not to be a reliable source of fan support, however if one is sent that grabs their attention by volumes of names then it has more of a chance of being effective. Why not combine the two petitions? Just some idol opinions.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 03:24:32 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: July 02, 2007, 03:40:42 pm »

I agree with you, Jillian.
We need those signatures.
So lets combine them and make a bigger impression.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: July 02, 2007, 04:24:42 pm »

In a couple of hours i'm going on holidays (for almost 2 months). I won't be able to come here regularly, so i just wanted to wish you good luck for summer! Keep on fighting for season 8!  Wink Rob, I hope you'll get 10 000 signatures, that would be awesome! The Great8Mandate is an amazing project, that's for sure! So see you guys!  Cool

JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: July 02, 2007, 05:30:55 pm »

Now that I've had some time to think about the whole SP getting AiA I'm more convinced it won't cause us a problem. 1) even with the attention raised by SP the storyline is doomed to sink and thus the show to fail 2) Scott needs a desperate TV gig since GG is "cancelled" and he picked one of the least shows expected to make it through season 1 that makes him a little more availble to a GG project if it comes up 3) we're fighting for an 8th season of GG to happen during the Spring Season and by then AIA should be done with even if just for their first season so SP should be free to hop over to GG.

In a couple of hours i'm going on holidays (for almost 2 months). I won't be able to come here regularly, so i just wanted to wish you good luck for summer! Keep on fighting for season 8!   Rob, I hope you'll get 10 000 signatures, that would be awesome! The Great8Mandate is an amazing project, that's for sure! So see you guys!

Bye Junkie! Thanks for all of your support and I hope you have fun! Keep your eyes out on the news just in case  Wink

Thanks CathyCoffee!  Grin
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 05:32:15 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: July 02, 2007, 10:10:37 pm »

In a couple of hours i'm going on holidays (for almost 2 months). I won't be able to come here regularly, so i just wanted to wish you good luck for summer! Keep on fighting for season 8!   Rob, I hope you'll get 10 000 signatures, that would be awesome! The Great8Mandate is an amazing project, that's for sure! So see you guys!

Bye Junkie! Thanks for all of your support and I hope you have fun! Keep your eyes out on the news just in case  Wink

Thanks CathyCoffee!  Grin
You're welcome, I'm always glad if I can help  Wink Of course I will keep on supporting as soon as I'm back. Bye!

Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: July 03, 2007, 05:30:54 am »

Just a reminder:

Please sign the Season 8 Petition at:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate/

The petition now has 3,458 signatures.  We need 10,000 by the 28th of July so Rob can hand deliver the petition.  Keep posting the link.   

Since Scott Patterson has now been cast as the father in "Aliens in America", (when I first heard the title I thought it was another
"My Favorite Martian" type of show)  there are alot of articles in the news about it.  Go to Google, click News and then seach "gilmore girls" or Topix.com, click on entertainment on the very bottom of the page, seach for "gilmore girls".  Comment on any of the articles about Scott being in "Aliens in America" and also post the link to the petition.

They cast Scott in the role believing GG Fans will boost the ratings of the show.  I believe they are sadly mistaken.  The two boys are the main characters, the father's role will be somewhat limited from what I saw in the previews.   

Thanks for everyone's help!
karikrigsmann
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: July 03, 2007, 06:08:07 am »

Hey!!! I dont have Myspace, but I have posted things on as many Gilmore Girls Groups on facebook as I could before facebook sent me a warning because it thought I was spaming. Hopefully it'll get us another hundred of votes or so.
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: