The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 12:53:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734320 times)
kendellgirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #6585 on: June 29, 2007, 09:03:20 pm »

The article was in the New Orleans Times Picayune. I want to have another season!!! Add my name too!
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6586 on: June 29, 2007, 11:53:44 pm »

I haven't had a chance to get caught up lately, or to read much of what was said before I found this, so maybe this was covered somewhere.

I just added a note and link to the petition as a signature on all my outgoing emails. That gets the petition out to everyone I know with every email, so they are reminded of it, and so they forward it to others.

Just thought this might be a good way to get the link out there.

I've thought about this as well, but since most of my e-mails are for business/real estate I can't really do this.  You can also add it to your signature for any message boards that you post to.

@ Rob- Thanks for addressing the press packets.  I literally have a list of over 20 newspapers (community, entertainment, college, etc.) in Texas, and one I found in California by accident.  Most of the papers are in and around the Houston area, so there are plenty more to search for and I'd be more than happy to do that.  Please just let me know, when you are done, if you'd prefer that I forward the contact information on to you or if you'd like to send me an attachment of something I can send on my own.

Laura

You bring up an interesting point -- one of the things that I've kept in mind since Heather said that she had been having fundage problems with sending out the original packets is that I'm considering posting whatever I come up with as a .doc or .pdf for people to send on their own and then over the course of the month, I'd periodically list who sent the press release to her own newspaper and/or magazines and on what date.  (in the format of "Name of Newspaper/Magazine (listed alphabetically) -- Who Sent it -- On what date."  I'd want to at the very least match the list that Heather posted a while back of the media she sent her initial press release to and would also hope that people would go, "Hey, I can do my hometown newspaper and that magazine."  (Not asking for volunteers -- yet.)

-- Rob

------------------------------
Season 8:  Because Rory tries to channel her inner Hayley Mills a little too strongly for her own good.
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6587 on: June 30, 2007, 12:10:41 am »

My mom read in the paper or something about this and I have to get involved. She said something about signatures and I'm probably just an unobservant goof, but I'm not seeing where to do that. Huh
any help?
I have to get my favorite show back on the air!

Cool.  Since you said the NoLa TP, could someone search around their website (I think it's www.nola.com/t-p ) and the internets in general and see if an article from the TP turns up in some sort of search?

And on that note, here's . . .

The Petition Project FAQ

1) The purpose of this FAQ is to provide information necessary to get as many people as possible to sign the Gilmore Girls Season 8 petition at http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate and then to promote the petition as far and as wide as possible.

2)  "I Want to See More of our Gilmore Girls, but why Should I Sign This Petition?  Amy said she wants to do a 2-hour movie in a year or two, so why Should I Support the Campaign For Season 8?"

The answer is an easy one -- just because Amy says she's interested in doing a Gilmore Girls movie in a year or two doesn't mean that it's going to happen.  A GILMORE GIRLS MOVIE HAS NOT BEEN GREENLIT and therefore, promises of one mean nothing until contracts are signed and it begins filming.  Promises are NOT good enough.  We have to campaign and we have to campaign NOW, for as long as it takes for them to SIGN THE CONTRACTS and begin filming anything from a season 8 of 8-to-13 episodes, a 6-hour miniseries Event (a possible compromise I Just Thunk Up) or even that 2-hour movie that IMO wouldn't be enough onscreen time to tie up all the storylines that were left open (perhaps inadvertently) in the series season finale.

Sure, Lauren soliciting from the GoldDerby.com chat what the fans there would like to see in a 2-hour movie is an encouraging sign, but again, it's still not set in stone -- she's deferring to Amy saying that she's going to do a 2-hour movie "in a year or two."   Lauren may believe that Amy does mean to do a movie in a year or two -- maybe we all do, but once people take for granted that it's supposedly going to happen, it doesn't.  The naysayers also should be reminded that the Pretender movies were greenlit after the cancellation of the series but before the final episodes aired and the Stargate direct-to-DVD (D2DVD) movies were greenlit after the cancellation of SG-1 but *long* before the final episodes aired (one or two more episodes have yet to be aired and the D2DVD movies were announced 3-4 months ago) and the upcoming Babylon 5 D2DVD movie being released at the end of July is filming a *decade* after the series ended.  So NO ONE should take the promise of a movie for granted no matter how much you might trust the persons talking about it.  Movie revivals that are greenlit *after* the final episodes have aired -- the Farscape miniseries, the Serenity movie -- happen *because* of relentless continuing fan support for them, period.

3) So sign the petition already at:  http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

4) Circulate the petition and Mandate link through your email lists, ask your friends to sign the petition, Digg it (more below) and then forward it to other friends

5)  Post the link everywhere you can -- on other message boards having to do with Gilmore Girls, more general shows having to do with Television, MBs dealing with Women's Issues and Women's Rights, or any MB where you either know that there are a lot of Gg fans (even if it's not even remotely Gg or TV-related).  The further away you get from TV-related sites, the more you should please respect the given MBs' policies on Off-Topic Posts.  Some of them don't allow it, some of them DO allow it as long as you start the subject header with the abbreviation OT as in "OT: Please sign the “Save Gilmore Girls Petition."  Please only post such OT posts where you are sure they'll be welcome when it's a non-TV related MB.

6)  Add the petition link and a link to the most current page of this thread to your siggie on ALL message boards you belong to.  ESPECIALLY if it's not a Gg or TV-related MB.  Even if you haven't started an OT thread on that MB, including a link in your siggie may (and often does) get noticed by someone on the given MB who likes the show and *then* that invites thread drift that is better served by then creating an OT thread on that group.  IOW, including the links in your siggie is a great way to test the waters for how discussing the show in that group might or might not be encouraged.  Also, even if no discussion may break out, other posters may follow the link anyway.

7)  Encourage everyone who has signed or will sign the petition to Digg the site or otherwise recommend it to various social networking/news exchange websites -- the petition includes as a matter of automatic function links to over a dozen of these sites, including Digg.  Digg is easy to register for by clicking on the link at the petition, registering and verifying (which is almost instantaneous after filling out the form and clicking on their verification email) and then clicking on the Digg icon on the petition again, sending you to the Digg site, where you'll click "Digg" right underneath the big Digg rating number on the left.  Those of you who have already signed the petition and haven't Digged the petition, please do so.  Digging the petition will help to publicize the petition on Digg, which is among the biggest of these sites and please recommend to other people you know who have signed the petition to go back and Digg it.

Cool  There is no 8.  That's the point.

9) Do as much recruiting as you can to have as many people as you can sign the petition.  The only thing necessary is that the person(s) have their own email address, so you can have as many people in your family sign the petition as you possibly can as long as they have different email addresses.  I would *like* to have somewhere around 10,000 signatures by late July, while I'm on vacation to Southern California for Comic-Con.  I'm considering delivering the petition in person to at least the three most pertinent offices (Lauren and Alexis's management teams and Dawn Ostroff.)

10)  Get them to start posting here at the mandate after they've signed the petition.  They may be scared by the length of this thread -- but just tell them to dive right in because I rotate reposting of the various FAQs as reasonably often as I can in between bouts of eyestrain and migraines Wink .

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because Rory's short pageboy hairstyle in season 4 sucked and we therefore deserve another year just for putting up with it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 12:24:14 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6588 on: June 30, 2007, 03:17:45 am »

The article was in the New Orleans Times Picayune. I want to have another season!!! Add my name too!

Kendelgirl

Go to the following website to sign the petition.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate/

Tell all your friends about the petition and post this link to any forums you belong to.

Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6589 on: June 30, 2007, 05:22:40 am »

Rob,

Here's an article you may want to respond to:

http://www.torontosun.com/Entertainment/Movies/2007/06/28/4296531-sun.html
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6590 on: June 30, 2007, 06:01:55 am »

Rachel Thomas from About.com wrote an article about the Great8Mandate awhile ago before the Gilmore Girls were cancelled.

http://tvdramas.about.com/od/gilmoregirls/a/fanssaveggirls.htm

Maybe someone would like to drop her an e-mail with an update on the Campaign and the link to the Petition Site. Her e-mail is:

tvdramas.guide@about.com

Please post if you would like to e-mail her.   We need all the help we can get!

Thanks!
schniklefritz
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #6591 on: June 30, 2007, 01:22:31 pm »

There's a mention in the TWoP Scott Patterson Thread that he's just been cast in another CW show.  I know it's not offiicial until they do a press release of some kind, but if it is any ideas what this means for the mandate?  I'm not interested in GG without SP.
rebekah9
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6592 on: June 30, 2007, 01:51:51 pm »

what about MySpace, Facebook etc etc. I don't know if someone has already posted about this, i haven't read every page.
I posted a bulletin about it and I'm thinking if anyone else has one they could do it too. I also have one of the icons on my page. Thanks for the replies on how to sign the petition! i'm going to do it right now. my mom's kendellgirl and she did it too.
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6593 on: June 30, 2007, 04:47:02 pm »

There's a mention in the TWoP Scott Patterson Thread that he's just been cast in another CW show.  I know it's not offiicial until they do a press release of some kind, but if it is any ideas what this means for the mandate?  I'm not interested in GG without SP.

Via gilmoregirlsnews.com -- http://www.gilmoregirlsnews.com/2007/06/29/scott-patterson-vs-dawn-ostroff/

According to sassypaws at FanForum, Patterson was going to have been made to audition for that role despite his holding deal with the network and studio (a lead-level actor auditioning under such a circumstance is an insult) and IMO rightfully declined to do it.  ggn's Arieanna is calling for people to write to the studio to protest the treatment of Patterson.

But for the sake of argument, say, the network gives in and Patterson gets cast in the show without an audition -- what does that mean for the Mandate?

For quite a number of more months it means absolutely nothing.

1) Patterson is under consideration to take over a role that was performed by another actor in the pilot.  That means that the show is in immense creative disarray to begin with.

2) The show is scheduled for Sunday Night, which means it's basically cannon fodder.

3)  The network insulted Patterson by requesting that he audition.  Whether he gives in and auditions or the network gives in and gives him the part without audition, their relationship is poisoned from the get-go.

Even if he's cast in the show, I give it 3-5 episodes at most just because it's a Sunday show and The CW, The WB and UPN have only been able to sustain *one* show on Sunday nights for more than a season -- Charmed (okay, one memorable show.  I have no idea if anything else lasted for more than a season on Sundays, but gee, that sorta shows that nothing that any of the three networks have put on the night has made any impression unless it starred Holly Marie Combs.  Wink

At worst, though, all it means that it's more likely that a 2-hour movie is in the cards. 

But IMO, it won't get to that point.  Shows that are in so much turmoil to begin with generally do not last long.

So the Mandate continues, full speed ahead!

-- Rob

--------------------------
Season 8:  Because the other Gilmore song on Sam Phillips's album "a boot and a shoe" (I mean, besides "Reflecting Light") is "Love Changes Everything."
urbanmonkey
« Reply #6594 on: June 30, 2007, 04:59:00 pm »

Whether this has been discussed or not I don't know, but I was at work last night, and was watching something on the CW, and one of the new shows "Hidden Palms" which has only been going on for what?  A month maybe...was just cancelled.  It said the "series finale" was just annouced. 

I started laughing when I realized that this is how a lot of shows on the CW are gonna be with GG gone.  Maybe with so many cancelled shows, the CW will realize what a stupid mistake it was to cancell GG in the first place.
schniklefritz
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6595 on: June 30, 2007, 05:25:50 pm »

So the Mandate continues, full speed ahead!

Good to hear.  I've signed the petition. I also call the comment line and write to the CW every week.
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6596 on: June 30, 2007, 05:41:25 pm »

Let me guess it's the show called "Aliens in America", right? I feel so sorry for Scott! First that show is one of the most laughed about Fall line-up new shows on the CW boards next to "Farmer wants a Bride" Seriously, the premise of the show lacks intelligence and creativeness and has a horrible storyline. It's doomed to fail. Second, the fact that Scott has to AUDITION to get the part when the exec. don't care he just came off of one of the CW's best rated shows is insulting! He could do soo much better than that. Is he bounded soley to the CW by contract or something? That show isn't going to last long so fear not. I agree we should keep on campaigning as hard as we have before. Nothing should stop us now!

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
schniklefritz
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6597 on: July 01, 2007, 07:59:43 am »

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/01/arts/television/01wyat.html

Here's an article in the NY Times about the show SP will allegedly be on.  Says it will film in Vancouver.
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6598 on: July 01, 2007, 10:45:39 am »

Does anyone have a MySpace Acct?  I was looking at the forum they have.  If someone could start a topic about the Petition Link in the Entertainment Forum that would be a big help!

We have been getting about 100 signatures a day.  We need more than that to reach the 10,000 signature goal by July 28, so Rob could print out the petition and Hand Deliver It!

A Big Thank You to all German Gillmore Girl Fans who have signed the petition!

Any ideas on how we can get more signatures would greatly be appreciated! Please post your ideas.

Thanks!

Fran
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6599 on: July 01, 2007, 01:07:14 pm »

I've tried MySpace many times.
It never really got any response.
I'll try again though.  Wink

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 463 Print