The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 02:15:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1729542 times)
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6570 on: June 28, 2007, 11:09:35 pm »

I also think some of the CafePress items should also include the petition and the link to it. I can't wait until it reopens again to see what else I can purchase.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6571 on: June 29, 2007, 08:29:46 am »

I also think some of the CafePress items should also include the petition and the link to it. I can't wait until it reopens again to see what else I can purchase.

[stalling]  Working on it.  [/stalling]

-- Rob

-------------------
Season 8:  Because Luke brought food to the hospital.
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6572 on: June 29, 2007, 08:38:39 am »

Also...
Get back at your boss by voting for Gilmore Girls throughout the day today.   Wink
http://teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6573 on: June 29, 2007, 09:23:11 am »

2. Can we post in the International Discussion in the Native Language of that forum a simple reminder of the Petition Link (Even if we have to use a online translator). 

Working on that.

I just finished my second year of Translating and Interpreting. I've used the online translators several times, and believe me they are pretty bad, most of the time they translate words literally, so the sentence makes no sense.
If you want i can help you in several languages such as: Basque, Spanish, English, Italian, German and Arab.

Let me know if any of you need help, also I can always contact people from different countries here in Europe.

Leire

somechick03862
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #6574 on: June 29, 2007, 12:02:02 pm »

I haven't had a chance to get caught up lately, or to read much of what was said before I found this, so maybe this was covered somewhere.

I just added a note and link to the petition as a signature on all my outgoing emails. That gets the petition out to everyone I know with every email, so they are reminded of it, and so they forward it to others.

Just thought this might be a good way to get the link out there.
lilag02
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6575 on: June 29, 2007, 02:07:54 pm »

I haven't had a chance to get caught up lately, or to read much of what was said before I found this, so maybe this was covered somewhere.

I just added a note and link to the petition as a signature on all my outgoing emails. That gets the petition out to everyone I know with every email, so they are reminded of it, and so they forward it to others.

Just thought this might be a good way to get the link out there.

I've thought about this as well, but since most of my e-mails are for business/real estate I can't really do this.  You can also add it to your signature for any message boards that you post to.

@ Rob- Thanks for addressing the press packets.  I literally have a list of over 20 newspapers (community, entertainment, college, etc.) in Texas, and one I found in California by accident.  Most of the papers are in and around the Houston area, so there are plenty more to search for and I'd be more than happy to do that.  Please just let me know, when you are done, if you'd prefer that I forward the contact information on to you or if you'd like to send me an attachment of something I can send on my own.

Laura

Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6576 on: June 29, 2007, 03:00:02 pm »

2. Can we post in the International Discussion in the Native Language of that forum a simple reminder of the Petition Link (Even if we have to use a online translator). 

Working on that.

I just finished my second year of Translating and Interpreting. I've used the online translators several times, and believe me they are pretty bad, most of the time they translate words literally, so the sentence makes no sense.
If you want i can help you in several languages such as: Basque, Spanish, English, Italian, German and Arab.

Let me know if any of you need help, also I can always contact people from different countries here in Europe.

Leire

Leire,

Thanks for all your help! I use online translators only in moments of desperation.  I found a few more sites that you can help with.

Gilmore Online (Italian)  (Shout Box and Guest Book)
http://gilmoreonline.altervista.org/main.html

Telefilm Fan Forum (Italian) (Forum)
http://www.theocseries.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=3510644ab39a18ad7a7fd5844ecd8b90&f=158

Rory and Logan (English) (Shoutbox)
http://roryandlogan.net/

Gilmore Girls Stars Hollow German Town  (German)  (Forum)
http://forum.gilmoregirls.de/

Gilmore Girls Fan Page (German)  (Guestbook, Forum)
http://www.gilmoregirls-fanpage.de.tl/Home.htm#

Thanks again!
Fran
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6577 on: June 29, 2007, 03:58:59 pm »

Hey Frannie,

I'll contact the German ones. Also - now that I finally have weekend I am going through all the links you already sent me via mail and the links posted here in this thread to update the list (and look if people replied to our entries).
Someone - I suppose you're lurking here every now and then Wink  - also sent me many links (mainly to spanish websites). Thanks for mailing those ideas to me!! I will go through them and see, if we already posted there or not.

Another thing - could someone who speaks French fluently and has some time on the weekend please PM me? That would be super!

Ok, going through "work" now and will update this post when I am done.

JillianLovesFood

View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: June 29, 2007, 04:43:34 pm »

Now that I've thought about it with the whole send daisies 2 ASP thing it's probably best if we wait especially since she'll be moving to NY soon and might not have anything forwarded to her from her old mailing address. It will be hard enough to raise the money for Dawn, Alexis and Lauren that we want to keep the impact of the message a HUGE one.

Ah, anyway. I've been voting like crazy on teavee.com (as linalon) and we're currently at #8 but I KNOW we could do better! So everyone who has a free minute stop on by and give soem votes! Show your support for your favorite girls!

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6579 on: June 29, 2007, 05:29:41 pm »

Hey Frannie,

I'll contact the German ones. Also - now that I finally have weekend I am going through all the links you already sent me via mail and the links posted here in this thread to update the list (and look if people replied to our entries).
Someone - I suppose you're lurking here every now and then Wink  - also sent me many links (mainly to spanish websites). Thanks for mailing those ideas to me!! I will go through them and see, if we already posted there or not.

Another thing - could someone who speaks French fluently and has some time on the weekend please PM me? That would be super!

Ok, going through "work" now and will update this post when I am done.

Hi Divine,

Stefou83 has posted links to some French Websites, also Timtoy, webmaster of  http://www.gilmorehouse.new.fr/  speaks English/French and has been a big help with getting fans to sign the petition.  Hopefully one of them will PM you and be able to help.  Thanks to all the French Gilmore Girl  Fans  who have really showed great support for the cause!

At this time we are at 3,209 signatures.   Less than a month left to get those 10,000 signatures so Rob can personally deliver the petition!

Thanks,
Fran

ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6580 on: June 29, 2007, 05:30:22 pm »

Ah, anyway. I've been voting like crazy on teavee.com (as linalon) and we're currently at #8 but I KNOW we could do better! So everyone who has a free minute stop on by and give soem votes! Show your support for your favorite girls!

Ditto!   And I didn't know that was you... lol.  

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
JillianLovesFood

View Profile
« Reply #6581 on: June 29, 2007, 06:16:25 pm »

Yup, LinaLoN is my penname... I use it WAY more often than the screenname I use here.  Wink

rebekah9
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6582 on: June 29, 2007, 08:06:38 pm »

My mom read in the paper or something about this and I have to get involved. She said something about signatures and I'm probably just an unobservant goof, but I'm not seeing where to do that. Huh
any help?
I have to get my favorite show back on the air!
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6583 on: June 29, 2007, 08:11:03 pm »

Welcome rebekah,

thanks for joining and offering your help.
You're probably talking about our petition? You can find it here: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate . After you signed it, it would be pretty cool, if you could tell all your friends and family about the petition and get them to sign too. We wanna reach the 10,000 mark by July 28th, so every signature is of a big help for us.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask them here, we're all just as devoted to our girls as you are  Wink

CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6584 on: June 29, 2007, 08:15:51 pm »

Just a question, what paper did she get it from?
And welcome to the G8M!
Don't get too scared but the amount of stuff you can do.
It'll all be worth it.  Grin

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: