The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 07:44:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732151 times)
lalaliz2005
« Reply #6495 on: June 25, 2007, 05:31:29 am »

Question about Cafepress:

I know there are some bugs or something has to be changed/redone, but are the links up for what you did have? I'm not going to order until the kinks are worked out, but I'd still like to look at what was there.
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: June 25, 2007, 05:48:44 am »

I know there are some bugs or something has to be changed/redone, but are the links up for what you did have? I'm not going to order until the kinks are worked out, but I'd still like to look at what was there.

Right now there is nothing there.   Rob or Heather will post when the store is back up.   The link to the store is:
http://www.cafepress.com/gggreat8mandate
laaauren
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: June 25, 2007, 05:56:22 am »

uhh now it works.
i am soo happy that the actors / actresses are so open for that now

lalaliz2005
« Reply #6498 on: June 25, 2007, 06:00:25 am »

Right now there is nothing there.   Rob or Heather will post when the store is back up.   The link to the store is:

Thanks so much!!
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: June 25, 2007, 07:06:38 am »

Heather is being slammed with finals this week (which means she was cramming last week), I was slammed with a family reunion this weekend -- but Frannie, her brother and I are working on a project that's going to take a bit more time to work out and, as a side-effect will help with the new designs for the store.

In the meantime, please contribute to the Little Daisy Duke Campaign.  We'd like to send gazillions of them to Lauren, Alexis and Dawn Ostroff as quickly as we can.  It's too soon to repost the LDDC FAQ, but you can read it one page ago at:  http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6630.6480  Please spread word of the LDDC to all those sites that you're spreading the peition info to.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because Kyon tried to be an ersatz Lane in every way, including dating Zach's sidekick, Brian.
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: June 25, 2007, 07:16:28 am »

Heather is being slammed with finals this week (which means she was cramming last week), I was slammed with a family reunion this weekend -- but Frannie, her brother and I are working on a project that's going to take a bit more time to work out and, as a side-effect will help with the new designs for the store.

In the meantime, please contribute to the Little Daisy Duke Campaign.  We'd like to send gazillions of them to Lauren, Alexis and Dawn Ostroff as quickly as we can.  It's too soon to repost the LDDC FAQ, but you can read it one page ago at:  http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6630.6480  Please spread word of the LDDC to all those sites that you're spreading the peition info to.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because Kyon tried to be an ersatz Lane in every way, including dating Zach's sidekick, Brian.

I think you meant to say Divine and her brother, not me.    I'm working on the Petition Link campaign...

ckiddings
Town Resident

I support a Gilmore Girls Movie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6501 on: June 25, 2007, 08:55:45 am »

I think you meant to say Divine and her brother, not me.    I'm working on the Petition Link campaign...

My daughter and I just signed the petition.  Kiss

ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: June 25, 2007, 10:57:38 am »

Just wanted to share Lauren's interview with Dark Horizons.  (I didn't see it posted yet so hopefully I'm not telling you guys about something you've already seen.)

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/graham.php

Here's an excerpt I found interesting: 
Question: I think there's a rumour that as one of the producers of Gilmore Girls, you weren't very happy with the original finale script?

Graham: I wasn't. I don't know how anybody heard that but I think the show always kind of went back and forth between being kind of more broad, more about the town, wacky and plot driven and then more sentimental and more about the characters and the relationships. And to me the original finale was about more activity, more building a tent and had a lot of scenes of activity. I felt like I wanted something where we at least gave a nod, a moment, a picture, you know, even if it was just panning across the faces of all the amazing actors who were the life of this town. I loved Sally Struthers on that show, I loved Rose Abdoo who played Gypsy who was like the town mechanic. All that stuff is what gave the colour to the show. So I just felt that it could be more heartfelt.

Question: Do you think that it would have been dramatically different if original creator Amy Sherman had stayed with it?

Graham: Yeah and you know I wish she had contributed even in her capacity - even if just because her name is still on it. But I think I understand, she's a particular kind of person and for her she could only do it her way, so I understood that. But consequently we didn't have any of her in that last year and while that changed to some degree the amount of input I could have I think it was an uneven way to end. It's like six years it was one person's vision and then one year it was different. And also one year is not enough in TV time to kind of...

Question: Bring your own voice to something?

Graham: It really isn't, especially on a show like that.

Question: What do you think about the whole reunion TV movie thing that's been floating around with Amy as writer/director?

Graham: I don't know, you know, I don't have a compelling need to do it. But I understand and I really respect and I have fond feelings for people who would like that and I know Kelly Bishop would like to do something, who played my mom. I wonder if it isn't like when you break up with somebody and then you try to get back together. How often does it work out?

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: June 25, 2007, 11:16:28 am »

Hey guys,

Rob has suggested that we extend the campaign until July 15 for the LDDC.  I agree with that, so we will extend it -- we're going to be at about 7,000 daisies thus far, not including my purchase.  Keep it coming guys -- we want at least 50,000!

New CafePress stuff will be up tonight!

Smiley
--HEather

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: June 25, 2007, 11:52:35 am »

I'm going to give more money to LDDC later tonight!
My dad needs to get home with his credit card.

And a question about CafePress. I ordered the first day you started, and you said you would get back to the people who purchased stuff. Or that it would arrive in the mail. Neither has happened, so I was just wondering what happened.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
stracciatella
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: June 25, 2007, 01:05:46 pm »

A bit of good news: www.gilmoregirlsfan.de has put up the petition link and a link to this thread (in fact, they posted almost my entire email. Which is very good but I'm not too thrilled about seeing my real name on the internet for the whole world to see... I asked them to remove it and I really hope they will)

rak
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: June 25, 2007, 01:19:42 pm »

I'm an employee of Warner Bros.  My daughter just bought at an employee lot sale a red and white kitchen chair seen in the girls kitchen.  Can anyone provide any significance of this oddly painted chair?  Feel free to email me any info at [email protected].

Thanks
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: June 25, 2007, 01:24:14 pm »

We are nearing the 2900 signature mark on the Petition.  That's about 59 pages of signatures. Just imagine if we get to the 10,000 mark.  Rob would have to print out aproximately 180 pages to take to Dawn and the Girls.
I was looking thru the petition signature list this morning and besides the US, there are Gilmore Girl Fans in 25 other countries represented on this petition.  

Austrailia, Argentina, Guatemala, Brazil, Germany Czech Republic, Mexico, Venezuela, Chile, Costa Rica, China, Portugal, Austria, Columbia, Spain, Israel, Slovakia, Denmark, France, Belgium, United Kingdom, Ireland, Poland, Canada, Italy.  

If I sorry if I left any country out.   Please post your country so your country can be represented.

Please keep posting the link to the petition on every site you can think of.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate/

Thanks!

Rob,

You are doing the next press release, aren't you.  Thought you might be able to mention all the different countries that are represented on this petition.

I don't want to overstep my bounds, but I see on the Gilmore Girls Forum there is International Discussion.  Are we able to go into each of those discussions and post the link to the petition as a reminder?   Just a thought.

Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: June 25, 2007, 01:57:21 pm »

My daughter and I just signed the petition.  Kiss

Thanks!  Please post the link to any other Gilmore Girls or Fan/Entertainment sites you may know of.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate/
 Smiley
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: June 25, 2007, 02:44:09 pm »

I'm an employee of Warner Bros.  My daughter just bought at an employee lot sale a red and white kitchen chair seen in the girls kitchen.  Can anyone provide any significance of this oddly painted chair?  Feel free to email me any info at [email protected].

Thanks

Other than that it was on the Gg set, it doesn't hold a lot of significance *unless* it was the chair that Lorelai tried to lock Rory into her room with at the top of "Raincoats and Recipes." Well, except that the door to Rory's room was installed in the opposite direction that what would make that joke work.  Otherwise, that the chair probably touched Lauren's posterior more than once is probably significance enough.  Smitten

BTW, the sale of props doesn't mean anything about any hopes for a revival of the show.  New props can be made, Lorelai can have changed the entire look of the kitchen and the living room, etc.

@ Frannie and Divine -- Of *course* I meant Divine.  I've had very little sleep this weekend.  D'Oh!  Apologies!

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because the deep electric blue of the satin gownless evening strap that Lorelai wore to Rory's coming out ball in "Presenting Lorelai Gilmore" is most definitely Lauren's color.  Even before Red, white or green or black or purple or . . .
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 02:52:25 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: