The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 08:03:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1762437 times)
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6450 on: June 21, 2007, 09:13:55 pm »

There's even a rumor on the CW network that in an interveiw with the "Boston Herald" she said something like: "Yeah and there's the Gilmore Girls reunion movie" and meaning everything's a go with it. However, a lot of us are thinking it sounds more like she was going: "Yeah, yeah yeah go ahead bring up the GG movie like everyone else but I still have the same answer of: "I don't know". What am I going to say: "Yes, we are DEFINATELY going to have a movie when even Amy hasn't given us any details on whether she's serious with it or not?"

ha!  You're so funny.  That's exactly what I thought when I read it, too.  It sounded like the sarcastic Lauren we all know and love. 

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
poisonusrose28
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

It's like drinking a my little pony...

View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: June 21, 2007, 11:22:51 pm »

there was also an article about her in the US Weekly i believe.  it said pretty much the same thing too.

support season 8! we must get the show back!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean it....
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: June 21, 2007, 11:53:10 pm »

ShutUpRob-
she might just be on the show one of those two mornings, especially since she'll be in town to do Conan (the show, not the person)
DIRTY! How scandelous... I mean he's MARRIED with children.... in real life, not the show.  Tongue

The Comic-Con sounds like fun! I'm a hige anime chick so I'm sure there's a large amount of anime there. I wish I could go to the con and help out with the petition hand-out. Plus I've wanted to go to California so badly... but it's not in cards for me. Have fun for me. It's in September right... after AX.

Nope.  Comic-Con is held in San Diego the third weekend of July every year except when the Republcans bump it from the Convention Center for their presidential convention about every 8 years or so.)  That's why I'm sayin', if I get 10,000 signatures by the time I'm at the convention, I'll go on up to LA and deliver them in person the next week in L.A.  It'll give me more than enough excuse to delay the return trip (we're driving across country) to go up and take the 5-hour VIP tour at Warner Studio, and those are on Wednesdays only.  But I'll try to plan it so that I deliver the petiton *afterwards,* so that, like, I don't get banned from the lot or anything.  Wink

Wow, a lot of critics aren't happy with Evan Almighty. The New York Post has gone so far as to say Lauren's role in the movie was a thankless one. Ouch! With her other movies with the similiar "wife" sterotypes and other than having more time to herself; I feel horrible about Lauren's future without GG. Is she really satisfied with how things are going with all the GG stuff still hanging in the air? She must be feeling frusterated with all the GG questions slipped into all of her interveiws.

Well, early reviews -- I mean, from a couple of months ago even, at AICN said that it's good family comedy with not enough Lauren Graham (I'm not lying.)  I think what I'm hearing from the reviews may have been a slight msfire by the studio, not the movie.  Bruce Almighty wasn't a family film, despite Jim Carrey starrring in it.  It's more of an almost-Farelly-brothers movie, I mean, with a pet dog using the toilet and everything.  Evan Almighty, though, didn't originate as a Bruce Almighty sequel, it originated as its own script that the studio decided to shoehorn Carell's character from Bruce Almighty into (and thereby they made Evan smarter in the sequel than he was in the original -- and I can say that without having seen Evan because I've seen Bruce and, well, you know how dumb Evan was in Bruce Almighty, y'know?)  I think they might have been better off just not tying it in as a sequel to Bruce and just have kept it in its original form, cast with the same actors.  As it is, Evan has two huge problems regarding audience expectations:

1)  They're expecting something akin to Bruce Almighty in wackiness, especially since Steve Carell starred in the 40-Year-Old-Virgin.  I mean, they're expecting humor with an edge, not necessarily with an R-Rated edge, but with an Office-tinged edge or a Gilmore-tinged edge, but with edge nonetheless.  Family films by definition don't have edge.

2)  Due to the visual effects, it's the most expensive comedy of all time at around $175 million in budget alone (not counting marketing).  There's exra pressure on it to hit big.  The upside is that Carell is the star and has a great straight man in Lauren, the downside is that it's a $175 million movie.

3)  OTOH, family movies do extremely well on DVD, so even if it barely cracks $100 million at the box office, it'll make its money back on DVD and foreign rights as long as Universal didn't sell those foreign rights.

4)  Also, big summer "tentpole" movies like Evan (ie: high-budget, VFX-driven thingamajigs that the studios start rolling out in early May every year, are increasingly critic-proof.  Not so much that reviews don't matter, but IMO because the critics don't know how to review populist movies anymore.  (IOW, the critics are getting too elitist for their own britches, IMO.)  So what happens is that tentpole movies often become hits *despite* critics' reviews simply because of strong word-of-mouth.  Spider-Man 3, Pirates 3, Shrek 3, the Fantastic Four movies (btw, I think the FF movies are nearly pitch-perfect (except for the casting of the talentless Jessica Alba as the Invisible Woman, who, in the comics, is very much more an empathetic Lorelai-minus-the-sarcasm type.)  Transformers will very likely be another one that will be badly reviewed and make a lot of money.  Evan Almighty has a good chance of also being in that category.

Oddly though, I can argue both sides about how Evan Almighty possibly being a hit would be a good thing for the potential revival of the show.  If the movie flops, then Lauren could say, "Enough, I'm done with the wife roles!" and push for the Gg revival.  OTOH, if the movie's a hit, then Lauren could say, "Enough, I'm done with the wife roles!" and then realize that the casting directors don't know how to put her in anything *but* the wife roles and then she pushes for the Gg revival. 

There's even a rumor on the CW network that in an interveiw with the "Boston Herald" she said something like: "Yeah and there's the Gilmore Girls reunion movie" and meaning everything's a go with it. However, a lot of us are thinking it sounds more like she was going: "Yeah, yeah yeah go ahead bring up the GG movie like everyone else but I still have the same answer of: "I don't know". What am I going to say: "Yes, we are DEFINATELY going to have a movie when even Amy hasn't given us any details on whether she's serious with it or not?" If it WAS true I think she would've said something along the lines with: "It has been confirmed; yes, there's going to be a Gilmore Girls reunion mini-movie" Or she'll make an official announcement on Conan or the View.

Either way, I think she along with many of the other actors, need an eighth season of GG as much as we do.

Keep in mind, Lauren's print interviews about Evan -- from newspapers like The New York Daily News to interviews at websites like Dark Horizons and Movies Online -- were all done the weekend *before* she appeared on The Tongiht Show and chatted at GoldDerby.com.  Or in the case of USA Weekend somewere around 6 *weeks* before the Leno and GoldDerby chats due to the arcane vagaries of how inserts into the Sunday papers are printed.  The press junket for Evan was on the 9th-10th, the premiere was on the 10th and Lauren appeared on The Tonight Show and GoldDerby on Tuesday the 12th, so the timing issues involved in when she was interviewed for what have got to be parsed a bit.  The more she's talked about it, particularly on The Tonight Show "We didn't say goodbye [to each other], properly" and on GoldDerby -- "I wanted to make [the season series finale] the most amazing episode ever [and] that is too much pressure for anything to bear" -- indicate that those print interviews she took previously that are only hitting the stands now have been starting to get to her.  I mean, she started soliciting ideas from the GoldDerby audience on why they want to see a Gg movie and what they'd like to see in it.  And even in the print interviews she was already mocking the fact that, including Evan, she'll be playing FOUR Wife roles in a row.  ("I'm going to take the Wife world tour," she joked.)

She said in one of those interviews, at Dark Horizons that "I don't feel a compelling need to do one [ie:  a Gg movie]" but heck, you can see in so many of the print interviews that they were asking her so many questions about Gg ending, and then questions about the movie that the later interviews, with Leno and GoldDerby, indicate that after having been busy almost straight after Gg ended into a movie with Matthew Perry (playing his wife) and doing the press junket for Evan (where she's playing Carell's wife) and signing onto the Kinnear movie (playing *his* wife) that the cancellation of Gg might just be starting to hit her. 

From what I understand, it doesn't hit some actors until July-September or so, when they're usually gearing up to go back to their show and then realize that they don't have it to go back to, but most of the time, those aren't the actors who get asked over and over again at press junkets in June about the cancellation of the show and are constantly reminded about how badly the negotiations ended (even though the collapse of the negotiations appear to be due to no or little fault by her), I can't imagine that being asked Gg questions wouldn't be an open wound. 

I mean, notice that in the Unscripted interview at Cinematical, they asked Lauren an Office question (what character would you like to play on The Office), but conspicuoulsy, no Gilmore questions were referred to even though 2/3rds of the questions submitted were Gilmore questions.

I don't think that a Gg movie or other revival will be announced on Conan -- Alexis is filming Sisterhood 2 in Greece, Amy is settling into her digs in NYC for Jezebel James.  Unless Lauren has decided to executive produce any sort of revival herself already (unlikely, given the relatively quick timeframe since the show's cancellation was announced), then it's going to be later, and it's going to be due to demand from us for it to happen because that will be what makes her and the network and Amy and Warner keep thinking about a revival.

That's why we need to push the petition past 10,000 honest, unique signatures and keep doing the voicemail and letter writing things and the Little Daisy Duke Campaign -- and that's why one of the big upcoming projects is affecting why the CafePress thing is taking a little longer to announce.  We've got the ratings and a little bit of time on our side that neither Jericho nor Veronica Mars ever had.  Jericho had 40 years of sci-fi fandom experience with reviving a number of shows going for it.  And Veronica Mars, by comparison has neither the ratings nor the time nor an organized fandom going for it.

The point is -- while I do think her attitude toward doing one shifted a bit toward the positive in the 2-3 days between the press junkets and the Tonight Show and GoldDerby chats, just subtly so -- I think that it's *still* waaaaay too early to let up on the petition and the letter-writing campaign and the comment line campaign (1-818-977-6878, and they're taking more messages, so spread the number around and have people call it every day, darn it!).  It's too early to stop until a revival project is greenlit, the outline(s) for the basic arc of the script(s) is/are approved and actors are signed and freeing up their schedules.  What works is not taking No for an answer -- or, conversely, and less beholden to logical fallacy, what works is accepting only Yes as the answer.

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because Janet's boyfriend was the uncomfortably-named Kleebold.  One less vowel and the show couldn't play in Colorado.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 11:55:57 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: June 22, 2007, 12:33:31 am »

WE'RE #8 @ TEAVEE.COM!!!!!!!!!!!

But... eek!  We're starting to slip again.  (Those darn Buffy fans!)  Please vote--> http://teavee.com/gilmoregirls/
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 12:37:36 am by ChocolatGilmore » Logged

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: June 22, 2007, 12:57:27 am »

Here's another print interview with Lauren by the WaPo (Washington Post, in the parlance of newspaperspeak) . . .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/21/AR2007062100651.html

Read the full article at the URL 'cause I've got lengthy reactions that I'm posting below (excerpts from the article are in bold) . . .

There "would've been a difference if we'd known it was the end -- emotionally, psychologically and even creatively, I think," she says. But the pressure that comes with wrapping up a saga with such fervid audience loyalty is tremendous, she adds, so "in a way, it was a blessing to just kind of have a quiet exit."

Well, that's amusing if she thinks that being abruptly cancelled when all the crew and the audience and the network thinks you're going to be renewed.  As she notes later in the interview, she still doesn't have any perspective on the end of the show, and that statement above is a great example of why.  Quiet exit?  Ut, no.  May 2nd was NOT a quiet exit of the show for anyone.  May 15th wasn't even a quiet exit -- it was, as Kelly Bishop said, "insulting to the fans."

But keep in mind, though, that virtually all of these print interviews were done *before* Lauren appeared on The Tonight Show and at GoldDerby.com on the 12th.  Her attitude has slowly been changing ever since that junket, probably due to all the freaking Gilmore questions, but there's more below.

There was a public mourning of the show's passing, when it did become official, writ large on fan Web sites and television message boards. For her part, Graham, who had a great deal of say in the decision not to continue for an eighth season,

It's a statement by the WaPo writer that attempts to neatly evade whether or not Lauren was the primary person responsible for the show ending or whether Alexis was.  The more articles appear that write around that question, the more it becomes a Freudian slip that indirectly confirms that it was Alexis and not Lauren that was the primary cause of the show ending as Lauren keeps *not answering the question directly of how much it was her and how much it was Alexis.*

hasn't watched the last episode.
    Any of the last few episodes, really.
     "Whatever Freud would say about that . . . it's so strange 'cause I went into another job, and right after this I'm going right into another job. And I don't have a huge amount of perspective about it yet," she explains.

Of *course* it's a Freudian slip.  She just admitted that she's in denial and burying herself in new work.  And New York.  (Pun intended.)

Clearly, she hasn't seen the episodes because she *would* have the perspective.  Or else, she's really being the big sister still and trying to save Alexis's reputation by evading the questoin of exactly why the negotiations collapsed at the last minute.  A full year of up-and-down negotiations and "It was time" is clearly B.S..  A valiant, heartfelt attempt to evade any actual explanation of what happened by talking about how you feel about how your current gig isn't giving you any time to decompress, but after seven years of George W. Bush doing the Texas Two-Step, I think we know evasion when we see it.  She's not talking about the Elephant In the Room, namely, her co-star.  I *want* to go easier on Alexis myself, but it's getting harder and harder to do, particularly when Edward Herrmann already tried unsuccessfully about two months ago to protect Alexis by sowing doubt as to whether Alexis even wanted to act anymore.

If it was a fraught, risky choice to give up the show that had been her rock, it was also an intuitive one. Her thinking: "I have had that job. It's been a steady job. It has been a rock in a lot of ways, and that's totally reassuring and positive. But I was starting to get itchy --  creatively, and to have more time and a different kind of lifestyle."

This is an empty cliche of acting that is used to evade talking about a particular gig by *appearing* to talk about what you're doing now, but in actuality, you're not talking about either your current or past gig.  She's already stated in interviews with Ausiello that she'd rather have a constant, steady gig and constant paycheck than an actor's typical gypsy lifestyle.

The different kind of lifestyle came quickly. Graham hasn't been home in a month. Her stuff from "Gilmore Girls" is still sitting in boxes in her garage. She's set up in a trailer with walls so thin, everyone can hear what everyone else is saying. (Hence the decampment to the rental car for this interview.)
     "But this is the actor's life that I kinda forgot about, which is you go where the work is and you're kind of a nomad and you're living in a hotel," she says. She expected more downtime to recover from the show, but in a way, moving on immediately has been just as restorative.

That's called making yourself sooooo busy that you don't have the time to think about it or else you'll fall apart, like Lorelai compulsively ironing in Bon Voyage.  It's not restorative -- again, it's complete denial.  Same Freudian slip as above.

"Anything new is fun," she says. "Every person you work with has a different creative process versus on a show, you kind of get down a routine."

This is an empty cliche of acting that is used to evade talking about a particular gig by *appearing* to talk about what you're doing now, but in actuality, you're not talking about either your current or past gig.  (This is a recording.  Beep!)   That's called trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.  Because . . .

Not that another show is an impossibility for Graham. She has gotten offers, for one thing. And: "You know what? Also, I think the best writing for women is in television," she says with some touch of matter-of-fact resignation.

Bingo.  That's the biggest Freudian slip she's made yet.  She's already NOT happy with the gigs she's getting and she's realizing that the end of the show was a major screw-up on *somebody's* part (Maybe she's already regretting The Pact since she IMO likely *wasn't* the one who wanted out of the show.  More speculatively, perhaps she realized a story-driven way to do the show without Alexis and still have it be Gilmore Girls.)  It's probably not her own screw-up -- the Freudian slips are mounting up too much, with the result being that the scrutiny is starting to wear her down.  Especially since, well, she's already joking about her being typecast in FOUR wife roles in a row. She flat-out admitted that her current gigs aren't creatively fulfilling  She likes the change-of-pace of working with different people but that's what doing movies during summer hiatuses is for *anyway.*  The WaPo writer's observation of Lauren's resignation that TV roles are better for women is quite astute, catching Lauren in yet another Freudian slip of a quote.

ETA:  We're having a family reunion for my Grandmother's 90th birthday this weekend, so my posting is going to be at very odd times through next Tuesday.  It's now so late at night that I"m kinda cranky.  Oy!

-- Rob

--------------------
Season 8:  Because Lauren appears to be more upset by the end of the show than she's attempting and failing to let on.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 01:03:00 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: June 22, 2007, 01:32:35 am »

WE'RE #8 @ TEAVEE.COM!!!!!!!!!!!

But... eek!  We're starting to slip again.  (Those darn Buffy fans!)  Please vote--> http://teavee.com/gilmoregirls/
I'm on my way!!!

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
rorys lil angel
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: June 22, 2007, 02:48:45 am »

how do i vote? It all looks very confusing...lol...

brisbane4124
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: June 22, 2007, 03:08:21 am »

So we say Good-bye to the Gilmore Girls and sadly for us Aussies probably a sad good-bye to the many talented persons who played these characters with such skill, humour, and guirkyness that had never been seen and may never be repeated again.
If the rumours are true, then a reunion is all that we can hold onto, let's hope it's not a long wait.....
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6458 on: June 22, 2007, 07:00:59 am »

Nvr2old- Thanks for telling me about the Katzenjammer kids! Now I will always appreciate that joke about them trying to sit on the couch!!  Grin *prettystick* (since you can edit wiki yourself, I'm almost brave enough to to add that GG references this comic in the Pipi episode with Lorelai's joke  Wink but don't feel like becoming a member to yet another place online right now...)

And Rob- as always, thanks for your sharing those WaPo  Wink excerpts with us, and your own astute thoughts... so enlightening, and I think right on track.... sigh... we've definitely got to keep it up! I can send daisy money today!

People- this is definitely going to be a case of SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE! Patience, persistence, tenacity!

(btw, all I have to do is send the money for daisies to Heather thru paypal, right? Which I have done before for the banner project, so that's easy... hey, did those get sent? do those projects need more funds??!)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 07:15:40 am by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: June 22, 2007, 07:08:57 am »

I think Amy should get more included in the compaign. I now she is busy at the moment but it seemed Lauren would only come back if itīs Amys script. I think most important are Amy, Lauren and the CW. I think Alexis would just ignore the Daisys. I still fight for season 8. I donīt accept a movie. I think we deserve season 8 (at least the promised 13 episode 8th season)! And I think everybody should support just the season 8. I think they get confused if they always hear:" movie - season-movie-season-movie-season". We must stay strong, like Jericho fans. We must say exactly what we want (all the same). And I think we should always say we want the 13 episode 8th season with Amy
1. the CW said we get the 13 ep. season (and than they canceled it)
2. Amy said Gilmore Girls is a show who can get 12..13 seasons
3. If itīs really true she wants to make a movie, than she can make a 13 episode season, too
And I want season 8, because than we still have a chance for more. That doesnīt mean, that we donīt see a wedding or something like that. A 2 hour movie means END.Never a new episode. I think we will not get a second movie. Gilmore Girls just deserves more... Jericho fans have the chance for more. We waited 7 seasons and never got a wedding and twins. We deserve at least a 13 episode 8th season. I told it before... Ican fight for years! If we give up once... we never get a new season. Me must stay stubborn and strong for a really long time. Thatīs hard... but for Gilmore Girls I would do everything!
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: June 22, 2007, 07:19:18 am »

ATTENTION WEST COAST EARLY-BIRDS:  Lauren Graham on Today Show This Morning

I haven't watched it yet, but my sister told me while I was in the shower that Lauren was appearing right then -- so I looked at my watch, it's about 90 miinutes into Today, *after* the news/weather at the bottom of the hour (my watch said 8:33 CT).  So set VCRs/DVRs to start taping at about 8:25 PT, or 25 minutes into the second hour, tape for about 20 minutes, and you get it.  I *still* haven't seen my DVRing of the show because I wanted to post here first, so I don't know what she said beyond what I presume will be a plug of Evan Almighty.

@ neverapuff:  I'll post the Little Daisy Duke Campaign FAQ a little later, but yes, you can pay Heather through PayPal -- $5.50 per unit of 250 daisies plus a one-time only shipping charge of $2.00 (if you order more later, you don't have to pay the extra two dollars).  Until I post the FAQ again, just PM her at heatherkilpatrick. 

PS:  She's got finals next week, but I'll try to get a current total on the orders placed so far as soon as I can.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai and Rory get possessed by the spirit of the demon Emily when they're especially stressed out.   Tongue
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: June 22, 2007, 07:33:42 am »

I think Amy should get more included in the compaign. I now she is busy at the moment but it seemed Lauren would only come back if itīs Amys script. I think most important are Amy, Lauren and the CW.

That's exactly what i've been thinking all day (it's afternoon in europe) while reading through the last posts. And i also agree with everything you wrote afterwards  Wink IMO it would be a good idea to include amy strongly in the campaign. We have to let her know that we want a season and not a movie (although a movie would be better than nothing). Anyway, I still support season 8, too!  Smiley

ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: June 22, 2007, 07:42:42 am »

I think Amy should get more included in the compaign. I now she is busy at the moment but it seemed Lauren would only come back if itīs Amys script. I think most important are Amy, Lauren and the CW. I think Alexis would just ignore the Daisys. I still fight for season 8. I donīt accept a movie. I think we deserve season 8 (at least the promised 13 episode 8th season)! And I think everybody should support just the season 8. I think they get confused if they always hear:" movie - season-movie-season-movie-season". We must stay strong, like Jericho fans. We must say exactly what we want (all the same). And I think we should always say we want the 13 episode 8th season with Amy

I certainly sympathize with your wanting to target Amy over Alexis, but here's my take on the Amy versus Alexis issue:

1)  Amy has already voiced interest, so in a lot of ways, that's settled.  She also is going to be waaaaaaaaaaay too busy with Jezebel James.  And I swear to god that director/showrunners are totally absorbed in their current project in a way that even the most methody actors aren't.  Showrunning/directing is just *that* intense* a duty.

2)  Revival campaigns are simply aimed at the people that need to be convinced to come back.  99% of the time that's the network, but in this case it's one or more of the actors.

3)  Thus, with Lauren doing a bunch of movies with their load of hurry-up-and-wait times (ie: a much slower pace than TV work that leaves actors with more down time, IMO, Lauren's a better nexus of negotiating between the network, Alexis and Amy than targeting Amy can ever be.  Conversely, Alexis's reluctance to come back in the first place means that she does need to be persuaded and although I think that Lauren and Amy could easily double-team her themselves, with Amy wrapped up in Jezebel James (Dirty!), us fans targeting Alexis for the campaign becomes much more important.

4)  Even if Amy wants to do a 2-hour movie, if Lauren and Alexis are persuaded to come back for more than just a 2-hour movie (and  IMO, we should be shooting for much more than a 2-hour movie), then Amy wouldn't be in the picture except perhaps in a consulting producer role and scripting a final two hours of any new extended stretch.

1. the CW said we get the 13 ep. season (and than they canceled it)
2. Amy said Gilmore Girls is a show who can get 12..13 seasons
3. If itīs really true she wants to make a movie, than she can make a 13 episode season, too
And I want season 8, because than we still have a chance for more. That doesnīt mean, that we donīt see a wedding or something like that. A 2 hour movie means END.Never a new episode. I think we will not get a second movie. Gilmore Girls just deserves more... Jericho fans have the chance for more. We waited 7 seasons and never got a wedding and twins. We deserve at least a 13 episode 8th season. I told it before... Ican fight for years! If we give up once... we never get a new season. Me must stay stubborn and strong for a really long time. Thatīs hard... but for Gilmore Girls I would do everything!

ITA.  That's why, IMO, we've got to choose our targets wisely and be patient and tenacious.  Whatever we get, it's going to be the result of not just what we accomplish as fans, but also as a result of whatever contracts they end up signing.  We can't expect Amy to put on the producer hat at this time and get the show greenlit and IMO, the best opportunity that we have is to press for it sooner rather than later.  Thus, we go to the next producer of the show down the line and that's -- ta-daaa!  Lauren, who we have to convince anyway.  Sure, it's looking increasingly likely that it won't be too hard to convince *her,* (not to take her or Amy for granted or anything), but through the campaigns, we have to convince the people most directly involved in the collapse of the original negotiations to ALL come back to the table, and IMO, Lauren *can* convince any reluctant parties to come back to the table and take care of getting any revival greenlit from the producer side as well as the acting side.  *If* Alexis is indeed the Elephant in the room as I suspect (and there's not 100% proof that she's the issue), then Lauren is in the best position to persuade her.  If Lauren herself is the Elephant in the room regarding the collapse of the show, then the campaign is working incrementally and needs to keep going anyway.  So, IMO, there's no reason to seriously target Amy at this point, the targets remain Lauren, Alexis and Dawn. 

I'm certainly not going to stop anyone from sending mail to Amy, though, which is why I continue to include her Agent/Management teams' address, though, but I think that any targeting of Amy should be done *in addition to* campaigning toward Lauren, Alexis and Dawn, not as a substitute for any of the latter three.

-- Rob

--------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lauren Lorelai hasn't had another craving for apples yet.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 07:45:01 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: June 22, 2007, 09:08:02 am »

Lol, I had that at first too... All you have to do is sign up and click on Gilmore girls. On top, there will be a little bar saying "...seconds left". Everytime you click, you see the seconds going down. When it reaches 0, you can start voting...

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: June 22, 2007, 09:32:04 am »

Lol, I had that at first too... All you have to do is sign up and click on Gilmore girls. On top, there will be a little bar saying "...seconds left". Everytime you click, you see the seconds going down. When it reaches 0, you can start voting...

you know you can get alot more votes in on teavee.com if you open two windows side by side and alternate voting between them. You get more votes because, you know how you have to wait like 2 seconds for tye bar to turn green so you vote will count, this way you won't have to wait.

Hope that doesn't sound to confusing.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: