The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 02:15:25 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1729544 times)
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6435 on: June 21, 2007, 07:04:18 am »

Ausiello was actually in Season 5. He was in the episode But I'm A Gilmore. And he can be seen in the library scene when Luke and Lorelai begin to argue about Sookie and her trying to control the kitchen even though she is supposed to be at home on bed rest. When Luke storms into the library to talk to Lorelai, Ausiello closes a book and then walks out.

You're right.
It is that one.
Luke and Lor are in the same place, so I got confused.
*prettystick* for correcting me!

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Imawl4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: June 21, 2007, 09:11:17 am »

WE'RE #8 @ TEAVEE.COM!!!!!!!!!!!
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: June 21, 2007, 10:23:55 am »

We sure are!
  I've been dropping in whenever I can over there. 
  Also, cafepress says my t-shirt is in the mail...  Huh   Oh, well-- as long as the mandate gets the money, I don't care.  I'll just call it a "limited edition", lol.   And hopefully you guys got my money for the daisies. 
   Stay strong!   Grin

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: June 21, 2007, 10:47:30 am »

Just to let y'all know that I'm awake, it's time for . . .

The Petition Project FAQ

1) The purpose of this FAQ is to provide information necessary to get as many people as possible to sign the Gilmore Girls Season 8 petition at http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate and then to promote the petition as far and as wide as possible.

2)  "I Want to See More of our Gilmore Girls, but why Should I Sign This Petition?  Amy said she wants to do a 2-hour movie in a year or two, so why Should I Support the Campaign For Season 8?"

The answer is an easy one -- just because Amy says she's interested in doing a Gilmore Girls movie in a year or two doesn't mean that it's going to happen.  A GILMORE GIRLS MOVIE HAS NOT BEEN GREENLIT and therefore, promises of one mean nothing until contracts are signed and it begins filming.  Promises are NOT good enough.  We have to campaign and we have to campaign NOW, for as long as it takes for them to SIGN THE CONTRACTS and begin filming anything from a season 8 of 8-to-13 episodes, a 6-hour miniseries Event (a possible compromise I Just Thunk Up) or even that 2-hour movie that IMO wouldn't be enough onscreen time to tie up all the storylines that were left open (perhaps inadvertently) in the series season finale.

Sure, Lauren soliciting from the GoldDerby.com chat what the fans there would like to see in a 2-hour movie is an encouraging sign, but again, it's still not set in stone -- she's deferring to Amy saying that she's going to do a 2-hour movie "in a year or two."   Lauren may believe that Amy does mean to do a movie in a year or two -- maybe we all do, but once people take for granted that it's supposedly going to happen, it doesn't.  The naysayers also should be reminded that the Pretender movies were greenlit after the cancellation of the series but before the final episodes aired and the Stargate direct-to-DVD movies were greenlit after the cancellation of SG-1 but *long* before the final episodes aired (one or two more episodes have yet to be aired and the D2DVD movies were announced 3-4 months ago) and the upcoming Babylon 5 D2DVD movie being released at the end of July is filming a *decade* after the series ended.  So NO ONE should take the promise of a movie for granted no matter how much you might trust the persons talking about it.  Movie revivals that are greenlit *after* the final episodes have aired -- the Farscape miniseries, the Serenity movie -- happen *because* of relentless continuing fan support for them, period.

3) So sign the petition already at:  http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

4) Circulate the petition and Mandate link through your email lists, ask your friends to sign the petition, Digg it (more below) and then forward it to other friends

5)  Post the link everywhere you can -- on other message boards having to do with Gilmore Girls, more general shows having to do with Television, MBs dealing with Women's Issues and Women's Rights, or any MB where you either know that there are a lot of Gg fans (even if it's not even remotely Gg or TV-related).  The further away you get from TV-related sites, the more you should please respect the given MBs' policies on Off-Topic Posts.  Some of them don't allow it, some of them DO allow it as long as you start the subject header with the abbreviation OT as in "OT: Please sign the “Save Gilmore Girls Petition."  Please only post such OT posts where you are sure they'll be welcome when it's a non-TV related MB.

6)  Add the petition link and a link to the most current page of this thread to your siggie on ALL message boards you belong to.  ESPECIALLY if it's not a Gg or TV-related MB.  Even if you haven't started an OT thread on that MB, including a link in your siggie may (and often does) get noticed by someone on the given MB who likes the show and *then* that invites thread drift that is better served by then creating an OT thread on that group.  IOW, including the links in your siggie is a great way to test the waters for how discussing the show in that group might or might not be encouraged.  Also, even if no discussion may break out, other posters may follow the link anyway.

7)  Encourage everyone who has signed or will sign the petition to Digg the site or otherwise recommend it to various social networking/news exchange websites -- the petition includes as a matter of automatic function links to over a dozen of these sites, including Digg.  Digg is easy to register for by clicking on the link at the petition, registering and verifying (which is almost instantaneous after filling out the form and clicking on their verification email) and then clicking on the Digg icon on the petition again, sending you to the Digg site, where you'll click "Digg" right underneath the big Digg rating number on the left.  Those of you who have already signed the petition and haven't Digged the petition, please do so.  Digging the petition will help to publicize the petition on Digg, which is among the biggest of these sites and please recommend to other people you know who have signed the petition to go back and Digg it.

Cool  There is no 8.  That's the point.

9) Do as much recruiting as you can to have as many people as you can sign the petition.  The only thing necessary is that the person(s) have their own email address, so you can have as many people in your family sign the petition as you possibly can as long as they have different email addresses.  I would *like* to have somewhere around 10,000 signatures by late next month, while I'm on vacation to Southern California for Comic-Con.  I'm considering delivering the petition in person to at least the three most pertinent offices (Lauren and Alexis's management teams and Dawn Ostroff.

10)  Get them to start posting here at the mandate after they've signed the petition.  They may be scared by the length of this thread -- but just tell them to dive right in because I rotate reposting of the various FAQs as reasonably often as I can in between bouts of eyestrain and migraines Wink .

ANNOUNCEMENT:  Lauren Graham Upcoming Talk Show Appearances:

@ Lauren Graham and Steve Carell’s interview with each other at MovieFone has taken place and has been posted . . . err, somewhere.  Currently, it’s available on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPpQESKiSU4  Lauren wears a very cute peasant blouse in it.  Smitten   No Gilmore questions were answered, but since 2/3rds of the questions that were posted were Gilmore questions, I'm sure they made an impression.

@ Late Night with Conan O'Brien -- Friday night, June 22nd, 12:35am ET/PT, 11:35pm CT/MT

So far, there's no one listed at http://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html as a guest for The View on Thursday, June 21st, and Evan Almighty co-stars Steve Carell and Wanda Sykes are booked for the show on Friday morning, June 22nd, so something tells me that since Graham will be in NYC anyway, she might just be on the show one of those two mornings, especially since she'll be in town to do Conan (the show, not the person).

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because Luke's uncle tried to have everything but the kitchen sink buried with him.  (Didn'tanyone ever tell him "You Can't Take It With You"?)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 10:52:12 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
gimoregirls1992ab
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: June 21, 2007, 11:50:28 am »

Now that we are at #8 on teavee.com, is our goal to stay at #8 for season 8 or just go as far as we can?

Current vote total is 36667. Rank is #8. (7829 away from #7 and 672 ahead of #9)

It's hard to wait around for something that you
know might never happen but its even
harder to give up especially when its
everything that you ever wanted....
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: June 21, 2007, 12:43:01 pm »

by the way ShutupRob that is such a good reason for season 8 the luke's uncle one!! lol anyway....

yeah I found that petition randomly last night I dunno how I found it actually! but anyway I found it and left like 5 paragraphs of a comment to it  Undecided perhaps that was too much!

Anyway I just wanted to say keep trying everybody!!!! (because I'm not sure what to do myself at this point, I've emailed and voted and stuff and I wanna do something but I'm lost!)

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: June 21, 2007, 12:49:29 pm »

by the way ShutupRob that is such a good reason for season 8 the luke's uncle one!! lol anyway....

yeah I found that petition randomly last night I dunno how I found it actually! but anyway I found it and left like 5 paragraphs of a comment to it  Undecided perhaps that was too much!

Anyway I just wanted to say keep trying everybody!!!! (because I'm not sure what to do myself at this point, I've emailed and voted and stuff and I wanna do something but I'm lost!)

You were the one with the insanely long comment?
Haha. Crazy crazy.

go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: June 21, 2007, 03:39:20 pm »

Haha. Crazy crazy.

haha well we wouldn't be true Gilmore fans if we didn't talk as much as them aswell! lol! Cheesy

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: June 21, 2007, 05:06:45 pm »

Haha. Crazy crazy.

I thought *I* was the only one who wrote insanely long comments!  That was why I limited my comments (#17) to two lines!

@ Everybody:  petition drive:  10,000 unique signatures (I mean, no ballot stuffing!) by July 28th and I'll deliver them by hand while I'm on vacation.  I'm going to take my printer with me.

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because Emily might say, "What Fresh Hell Is This?"  But she hasn't -- yet.
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: June 21, 2007, 05:23:16 pm »

ShutUpRob-
she might just be on the show one of those two mornings, especially since she'll be in town to do Conan (the show, not the person)
DIRTY! How scandelous... I mean he's MARRIED with children.... in real life, not the show.  Tongue

The Comic-Con sounds like fun! I'm a hige anime chick so I'm sure there's a large amount of anime there. I wish I could go to the con and help out with the petition hand-out. Plus I've wanted to go to California so badly... but it's not in cards for me. Have fun for me. It's in September right... after AX.

Wow, a lot of critics aren't happy with Evan Almighty. The New York Post has gone so far as to say Lauren's role in the movie was a thankless one. Ouch! With her other movies with the similiar "wife" sterotypes and other than having more time to herself; I feel horrible about Lauren's future without GG. Is she really satisfied with how things are going with all the GG stuff still hanging in the air? She must be feeling frusterated with all the GG questions slipped into all of her interveiws.

There's even a rumor on the CW network that in an interveiw with the "Boston Herald" she said something like: "Yeah and there's the Gilmore Girls reunion movie" and meaning everything's a go with it. However, a lot of us are thinking it sounds more like she was going: "Yeah, yeah yeah go ahead bring up the GG movie like everyone else but I still have the same answer of: "I don't know". What am I going to say: "Yes, we are DEFINATELY going to have a movie when even Amy hasn't given us any details on whether she's serious with it or not?" If it WAS true I think she would've said something along the lines with: "It has been confirmed; yes, there's going to be a Gilmore Girls reunion mini-movie" Or she'll make an official announcement on Conan or the View.

Either way, I think she along with many of the other actors, need an eighth season of GG as much as we do.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 06:24:59 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: June 21, 2007, 06:47:57 pm »

July 28th

My birthday!
Just thought I'd say that.

Wow, a lot of critics aren't happy with Evan Almighty. The New York Post has gone so far as to say Lauren's role in the movie was a thankless one. Ouch! With her other movies with the similiar "wife" sterotypes and other than having more time to herself; I feel horrible about Lauren's future without GG. Is she really satisfied with how things are going with all the GG stuff still hanging in the air? She must be feeling frusterated with all the GG questions slipped into all of her interveiws.

I've heard the reviews too.
They need a steady job now more than ever.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 06:50:16 pm by CathyCoffee » Logged

Nvr2old4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: June 21, 2007, 07:07:21 pm »

I have refrained from making this comment for a few days now.....but I just can't anymore!  I got "hooked" on "Gilmore Girls" on the ABC Family Channel.  I used to watch the reruns of "7th Heaven" because I had no local WB.....so they were new to me. And then along came "Gilmore Girls."  Need I say more to those of us addicted to them?  Today I read some smart-aleck comment  at "The Water Cooler" about "7th Heaven" being a "gagfest."  To each their own..... BUT ABC Family Channel replaced "7th Heaven" last week with the sitcom John Ritter died making, "8 Simple Rules."  Here is my previously refrained comment.....I don't watch much major network television and now I know why.  The contrast between "Gilmore Girls" at 5 p.m. and "8 Simple Rules" at 6:00 is astounding!  That is the "dumbing down of America" in a nutshell.  Put-downs, mocking and name-calling......now I know where the 3rd and 4th graders I taught until last year got the crap they said to each other!  (I really knew it came from home and TV!)  The negative image of teens (especailly girls) and education I have seen in that show are mind numbing. ( And I have only watched about 5 episodes.)  I have actually returned to watching the "News!"

I will be the first to admit that I haven't ever gotten all of the pop references in Gilmore Girls.  I actually did research on a couple of names that Rory and Paris threw around.  If a TV show can make an old schoolteacher research pop icons..wow!  The show makes you think....and that is what is the matter with most shows.....you don't have to think.  Just sit back and stare!  "8 Simple Rules" and a bunch of other inane shows show that "stupid is as stupid does.!"

Instead of beating educators over the head with "Leave No Child Behind," the government should make "Gilmore Girls" mandatory watching!  (That might get them back into negotiations sooner...)   While they were at it, they should renew "Everwood" also!  Why would kids be interested in learning to subtract by memory instead of their fingers, when they can watch "Law&Order SVU" and explain what "SVU" means?!  Don't get me wrong, I watch "SVU" but 8 and 9 year olds shouldn't be watching it.

Does anyone know where that "8-9 o'clock family hour" actually went?  Hardly any station observe that rule anymore!  Thanks for letting me vent!

Nvr2old4GG

Season 8:  Because GG is a learning experience and everyone can afford to learn new things!  (Me? Jack Kerowac..the father of hippiedom."  I am old but I guess "not that old!"

Season 8"  Because Luke has to unstitch all of those tarps and raincoats from the Bon Voyage Party and return them to their rightful owners!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 07:09:58 pm by Nvr2old4GG » Logged
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6447 on: June 21, 2007, 08:22:43 pm »

Great post, Never2old, and you are so right... GG should be mandatory watching for school- you should have to research all the references you don't know, and then there'd be a quiz! There's still stuff I don't know... and should find out... (like someday I will finally find out who the Katzenjammers are! Wink )...

Season 8: Because we need to find out what Sookie and Jackson named their 3rd child since they used up all their remaining favorites on Martha's ridiculously long middle name!

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
Nvr2old4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: June 21, 2007, 08:45:41 pm »

Hello "Neverapuff!" 
I love your name!  The Katzenjammers were/are a comic strip.  I hope it isn't illegal to put this "Wikipedia" link in my post.  They are bad little boys and the second oldest comic strip.  Also, supposedly, the first one in color!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Katzenjammer_Kids

Season 8: Because Luke so enjoyed his first visit to "Tarjay" aka "Target" that he needs to take Lorelai when he goes the next time!

Nvr2old4GG
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: June 21, 2007, 09:08:29 pm »

This was in the interview section that appeared today (all though I have suspicions it was given before her Leno appearance)

Lauren Graham: No, what I really want to do now is a musical. But, no. I'm still just riding this wave. I haven't had time to think about what I would like to do next. That will take a little time, I think. I would love to go back to TV, for sure. But it's not something that I would put all my focus on. You come back and do something, and you only do three episodes, and it gets canceled. That's just the odds. That happens. Then there is the reunion of Gilmore Girls. Um, yeah...

What is your favorite musical?

Lauren Graham: Probably Anything Goes. But I can't sing that. So, I have to find something that I can actually do. Maybe Funny Girl. I can't sing that either. Maybe something easier.

How do you feel about the show ending?

Lauren Graham: I have mixed feelings about it. I felt that the show was telling us it was over. I felt that it was the right time. We were all feeling restless. Yet, you have become so attached to this person. You don't want to lose that. So, it was a struggle. It never got easier

She said pretty much the same stuff she did in the online chat and the rumor from the Boston Herald that got fans buzzing about the reunion thing... a little suspicious to anyone else? What she had to say was not really confirming anything we haven't all ready heard.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 09:10:24 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: