The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 11:44:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765012 times)
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #6420 on: June 20, 2007, 11:07:59 am »

@ Precendents:  The Sopranos (more than one year between seasons and some of the following series have returned after excruciatingly longer waits than is usual for ongoing series), The Starter Wife (6-hour miniseries), Jericho (7-episode return with possibility for more), Roswell (renewed twice through fan campaigns), Cagney & Lacey (renewed THREE times due to fan campaigns), 13-episode seasons for various series on FX, USA and Sci-Fi channel, including The 4400, Eureka, Nip/Tuck, The Shield, Dirt, etc. and 12-16 episode seasons on HBO (Entourage, Deadwood, SatC, etc.).

The Starter Wife is just a miniseries??

The Sopranos is what made me have hope for an eighth season of GG. That show would have extremely  long breaks in between seasons, the show started in like 1999 and just ended a couple of weeks ago, and they only shot like six seasons and a total of eaighty something episodes. It was almost a year and half between the fifth and sixth season, then they split up the sixth season into two parts that were separated by almost another year.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: June 20, 2007, 11:34:40 am »

Dunno why, but had to post it. Here before I change my mind. Anyone know the song Curtain Falls by Blue? Well, the lyrics kinda remind me of the Great8Mandate.
Together we faced the cold outside
No one can say we didn't try
And I will never give you up or let you go
Together we faced our final fears
Remember the moments that we shared
That´s why I'll never give you up or let you go
- this part particularly, and some others, but just a little
We´ll be ready when the curtain might fall
Feel my heart beating when the crowd calls
I gotta read between the lines
Cuz I'm living out the script of my life
Cuz we all got a part we must play
And I've done it but I've done it my way
I gotta read between the lines
In the script of my life
We started out many years ago
No one will ever know
How far we've really come
Since we walked away
And no more words to say

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: June 20, 2007, 12:10:36 pm »

^ Seni, those really fit! Awesome!  Cheesy

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
Imawl4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: June 20, 2007, 12:18:57 pm »

teavee.com: NO ONE IS VOTING @ #9 SO WE CAN GET EVEN CLOSER TO #8!!!!!

Current vote total is 32638.

Rank is #9.

1457 away from #8

and

4822 ahead of #10
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: June 20, 2007, 02:24:43 pm »

Oh man, I'm totally exhausted from posting on TV.com about the petition. Alot of people there are 100% convinced there's no way in Heck for an eighth season and they have no interest in keeping up with GG if there was. I posted so much I think my fingers are about to fall off. Roll Eyes Tongue The CW message boards are more 50/50 about the issue. I really think we have a good chance at getting something going with these Daisy and Emmy Ad campaigns or at least having things in the CW's mind as the Fall season goes by and their ratings plumet except for Gossip Girl...  I'm pretty sure next season's ANTM and Smallville are going to hit lower ratings nect season too. I just hope there is more Gilmore Girls... in any form I'll take it but I definately pray for an eighth season miracle.  Wink

I know what you mean. I'm part of TV.com too and I'm also trying to tell them its not all a lost cause. I posted about the original Daisy Duke campaign a while ago and only 2 people actually cared about it. I wish they would just sign the petition - its not that hard! Stubborn people.  Tongue

I'm a member of tv.com too. Almost everyone over there are such jerks! It's ironic, they attack people trying to save a show we all, supposedly, love! I didn't even try to contact them cause I knew I would get attacked! It doesn't help that there are no responsible mods over there. The mods at Fanforum were so supportive of The Save GG thread and The Great8Mandate even though they didn't want the show to return! The mod here, was the one that started this whole campaign! Why can't tv.com have mods that are not only responsible but also show there face once and a while?! Angry

Season 8:  Because Michael Ausiello snuck a Smurf onto the set of the Dragonfly for his brief cameo.

When did he have a cameo?! Shocked

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
poisonusrose28
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

It's like drinking a my little pony...

View Profile
« Reply #6425 on: June 20, 2007, 03:42:44 pm »

i must agree when did he have a cameo?!

support season 8! we must get the show back!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean it....
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: June 20, 2007, 03:56:49 pm »

He was in He's Slippin’ ‘Em Bread... Dig?.
During Luke and Lor talking about Christopher paying for Yale.
He's in the background.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 03:58:09 pm by CathyCoffee » Logged

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: June 20, 2007, 06:47:57 pm »

Oh man, I'm totally exhausted from posting on TV.com about the petition. Alot of people there are 100% convinced there's no way in Heck for an eighth season and they have no interest in keeping up with GG if there was. I posted so much I think my fingers are about to fall off. Roll Eyes Tongue The CW message boards are more 50/50 about the issue. I really think we have a good chance at getting something going with these Daisy and Emmy Ad campaigns or at least having things in the CW's mind as the Fall season goes by and their ratings plumet except for Gossip Girl...  I'm pretty sure next season's ANTM and Smallville are going to hit lower ratings nect season too. I just hope there is more Gilmore Girls... in any form I'll take it but I definately pray for an eighth season miracle.  Wink

I know what you mean. I'm part of TV.com too and I'm also trying to tell them its not all a lost cause. I posted about the original Daisy Duke campaign a while ago and only 2 people actually cared about it. I wish they would just sign the petition - its not that hard! Stubborn people.  Tongue

I'm a member of tv.com too. Almost everyone over there are such jerks! It's ironic, they attack people trying to save a show we all, supposedly, love! I didn't even try to contact them cause I knew I would get attacked! It doesn't help that there are no responsible mods over there. The mods at Fanforum were so supportive of The Save GG thread and The Great8Mandate even though they didn't want the show to return! The mod here, was the one that started this whole campaign! Why can't tv.com have mods that are not only responsible but also show there face once and a while?! Angry

I know! And when the mod did show up, he deleted a bunch of threads and now the GG forum there is pretty much dead. Everyone over there is supposed to be supporting GG, not attacking people who even bring up the G8M! I wish I could get just like, 5 of the people over there to sign the petition. It would help!  Undecided

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: June 20, 2007, 07:06:09 pm »

I agree with you guys.
I'm on there now, man they are mean!
I stuck up for someone in the Season 8 Petition topic.
They are NOT true fans of this show.

Nvr2old4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: June 20, 2007, 07:44:39 pm »

I am the old lady on this forum.  Grin  I ordered 1,500 daisies the other day.

Season 8: Because Ceasar needs more time to convert the rest of Stars Hollow to "cold bananna" breakfasts!

Season 8: Because Lorelai needs to participate in another "lunch basket auction" so that her "true love" can bid on her basket just because he loves her, not because he was coerced into it!

@Rob...I don't feel my season 8 comments are "copyrighted."  So feel free to add them to the bazillion you already have!
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: June 20, 2007, 07:46:51 pm »

I am the old lady on this forum.  Grin  I ordered 1,500 daisies the other day.

Season 8: Because Ceasar needs more time to convert the rest of Stars Hollow to "cold bananna" breakfasts!

Season 8: Because Lorelai needs to participate in another "lunch basket auction" so that her "true love" can bid on her basket just because he loves her, not because he was coerced into it!

@Rob...I don't feel my season 8 comments are "copyrighted."  So feel free to add them to the bazillion you already have!

Aw, I like those!

JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: June 20, 2007, 07:51:38 pm »

I know what you mean. I'm part of TV.com too and I'm also trying to tell them its not all a lost cause. I posted about the original Daisy Duke campaign a while ago and only 2 people actually cared about it. I wish they would just sign the petition - its not that hard! Stubborn people.
I'm a member of tv.com too. Almost everyone over there are such jerks! It's ironic, they attack people trying to save a show we all, supposedly, love! I didn't even try to contact them cause I knew I would get attacked! It doesn't help that there are no responsible mods over there. The mods at Fanforum were so supportive of The Save GG thread and The Great8Mandate even though they didn't want the show to return! The mod here, was the one that started this whole campaign! Why can't tv.com have mods that are not only responsible but also show there face once and a while?!
I know! And when the mod did show up, he deleted a bunch of threads and now the GG forum there is pretty much dead. Everyone over there is supposed to be supporting GG, not attacking people who even bring up the G8M! I wish I could get just like, 5 of the people over there to sign the petition. It would help!

Yeah, I go by "linalon" there good thing because if the no-sayers recongized my screenname anywhere else I could possible be tar'd and feather'd I defended the petition like crazy and all they did was try to find any little problem with my posts and blow them out of porportion. They even went so far to discourage people by telling naive members there was already a GG movie made and it was going to be on tonight at 8PM. Jerks.  Angry

Season 8: Because we need at least ten more "dirty's"
Season 8: Because it's Luke's turn to serenade Lorelai... I'm suggesting "Up Where We Belong"  Kiss Wink Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 07:54:43 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: June 20, 2007, 08:30:22 pm »

He was in He's Slippin’ ‘Em Bread... Dig?.
During Luke and Lor talking about Christopher paying for Yale.
He's in the background.

Look for the guy in the hideously pea-soup green argyle sweater and matching pea-soup green shirt.  Looks really bad.  Seems like the costumer was making a *point* to have him stand out rather than blend into the background like extras are supposed to.  Wink

Oh yeah, and if he reminds you of Kim's ultrasound guy on Scrubs at the beginning of last season -- that's 'cause that was him, too.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai would watch season 3, Part 1 of Entourage and go, "Hey, isn't that Larry Birkhead playing one of the junior agents with no lines (ie: an extra) in Ari's conference room?" during the episode "Three's Company."
poisonusrose28
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

It's like drinking a my little pony...

View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: June 21, 2007, 12:56:30 am »

ooooooo okay i have season 6, i shall keep an eye out watching that episode! Tongue

support season 8! we must get the show back!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean it....
LolaV
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: June 21, 2007, 06:05:36 am »

Ausiello was actually in Season 5. He was in the episode But I'm A Gilmore. And he can be seen in the library scene when Luke and Lorelai begin to argue about Sookie and her trying to control the kitchen even though she is supposed to be at home on bed rest. When Luke storms into the library to talk to Lorelai, Ausiello closes a book and then walks out.
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: