The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:50:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734737 times)
poisonusrose28
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

It's like drinking a my little pony...

View Profile
« Reply #6390 on: June 19, 2007, 12:13:11 am »

wow soo many daisies!!! this is awesome. Quesion: When should the scripts be written?  *im buying a GG cup!* Cheesy

support season 8! we must get the show back!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean it....
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: June 19, 2007, 02:00:44 am »

What about the script idea? Anyone told it before.  I think now itīs a good time to send scripts to Lauren (and Alexis?). It seems Lauren thinks the story is finished. We should show her that we still can tell her a lot of stories we want to see (and show her that a two hour movie is not enough).

Ah, actually I sent Lauren and Alexis a fanfic script from my Season 8 episode before Lauren had the online chat thing so I'm assuming she hasn't read it yet. Hopefully she does because I really think it fits the show nicely and brings some ideas on how it could go without the chances of tarnishing the show even more.

AH, on another note is the Emmy ad fundraising thing fixed yet because I clicked on the link and saw the image of the campaign but I can't seem to be able to pull any options?

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: June 19, 2007, 07:14:53 am »

I will send my script this week to Lauren and Alexis.
Do we make a 22 episode 8th season or a 13 episode 8th season?
I personally think we should make a 22 episode 8th season. I think we deserve it. I think if we send one episode a week, thatīs enough. That would make 22 episodes in 22 weeks. What do you think? I really hope that Lauren and Alexis will read all the scripts.
But at least both will see that we really want more. Should we send the scripts to Amy, too?
I donīt know, I donīt want her to think that she should change her script. I just want her to come back for season 8. Smiley
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: June 19, 2007, 07:27:23 am »

Can you guys post links to your scripts please?

@Heather--how many daisies can we have now per person???(Or total, whichever.)
I would love to donate, but fundage is a little bit tight right now, so I'm attempting to recruit petitioners to sign it!

Thats all I have to say.

*Scatterings of Pretty Sticks*

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
yelnatslp
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: June 19, 2007, 08:03:19 am »

i could be wrong, but i thought we decided a while back not to send scripts because they cant open them or something? idk, i slightly remembered something along those lines...
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: June 19, 2007, 08:12:01 am »

i could be wrong, but i thought we decided a while back not to send scripts because they cant open them or something? idk, i slightly remembered something along those lines...

Yes, we did.
It has to do with copywright laws.
I would suggest NOT sending them.
It could get us into trouble.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
lalaliz2005
« Reply #6396 on: June 19, 2007, 08:13:51 am »

Yes, we did.
It has to do with copywright laws.
I would suggest NOT sending them.
It could get us into trouble.

Yes, I was just thinking the same thing. Actually I believe it was Rob who pointed it out a looooooooong time back. The actors/actresses can get into major trouble for that. Talk about lawsuits. If you send them, they go straight in the trash.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 08:16:19 am by lalaliz2005 » Logged
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: June 19, 2007, 08:17:29 am »

You are right.  And to emphasize this:

DO NOT SEND FANFIC TO LAUREN, ALEXIS OR ANYONE ELSE CONNECTED TO THE SHOW.

For legal reasons they CANNOT and WILL NOT read them.  They will likely be sorted OUT of any fanmail they receive by their assistants and will land in the trash.

@ ALSO, Lauren wasn't on The Today Show this morning (unless you count the Special K commercials  Wink  ).  While, of course, I'm not in any position to make excuses for her, there could be any number of reasons for her not being able to make it to the show, such as a family emergency, getting sick from donig so many promotional interviews for Evan Almighty in so short a period of time (probably non-stop since the 9th, in-between whatever movie she's doing -- I wouldn't be surprised if she got sick), being called back to any movie that she has shot or is shooting either for reshoots or because a call was rescheduled, or she couldn't get through the crowd of Bon Jovi fans to get to the studio or she was freaked out by all the Bon Jovi fans outside the studio.  Or else there's a fourth hour of Today that's not shown in my area that I don't know about.  Wink   Also, all guest appearances by all guests on all live shows are subject to change without notice.

Anyhoo, I'm setting my DVR to record The Today Show for the rest of this week juuuuuuuuuuuuust in case.

-- Rob

--------------------------
Season 8:  Because I want to see more of Tom the Construction Foreman, who would come in handy if, say, Lorelai and Emily were building a spa at the Dragonfly.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 08:23:16 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: June 19, 2007, 08:20:23 am »

For legal reasons they CANNOT and WILL NOT read them.  They will likely be sorted OUT of any fanmail they receive by their assistants and will land in the trash.

@ ALSO, Lauren wasn't on The Today Show this morning (unless you count the Special K commercials  Wink  ).  While, of course, I'm not in any position to make excuses for her, there could be any number of reasons, such as a family emergency, getting sick from donig so many promotional interviews for Evan Almighty in so short a period of time (probably non-stop since the 9th, in-between whatever movie she's doing -- I wouldn't be surprised if she got sick), being called back to any movie that she has shot or is shooting either for reshoots or because a call was rescheduled, or she couldn't get through the crowd of Bon Jovi fans to get to the studio or she was freaked out by all the Bon Jovi fans outside the studio.  Or else there's a fourth hour of Today that's not shown in my area that I don't know about.  Wink

Anyhoo, I'm setting my DVR to record The Today Show for the rest of this week juuuuuuuuuuuuust in case.

-- Rob

Season 8:  Because I want to see more of Tom the Construction Foreman, who would come in handy if, say, Lorelai and Emily were building a spa at the Dragonfly.

Oh thank goodness. I thought I missed the interview!

love is blind so you didn't see me.
gimoregirls1992ab
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: June 19, 2007, 09:23:04 am »

@ ALSO, Lauren wasn't on The Today Show this morning (unless you count the Special K commercials  Wink  ).  While, of course, I'm not in any position to make excuses for her, there could be any number of reasons, such as a family emergency, getting sick from donig so many promotional interviews for Evan Almighty in so short a period of time (probably non-stop since the 9th, in-between whatever movie she's doing -- I wouldn't be surprised if she got sick), being called back to any movie that she has shot or is shooting either for reshoots or because a call was rescheduled, or she couldn't get through the crowd of Bon Jovi fans to get to the studio or she was freaked out by all the Bon Jovi fans outside the studio.  Or else there's a fourth hour of Today that's not shown in my area that I don't know about.  Wink

-- Rob

Oh thank goodness. I thought I missed the interview!

i thot i missed it too...whew!

so we aren't sure why she wasn't there?

It's hard to wait around for something that you
know might never happen but its even
harder to give up especially when its
everything that you ever wanted....
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6400 on: June 19, 2007, 10:32:59 am »

I signed the petition.  Thank you for letting me know about it Rob!!

*pretty sticks you*

My New Website
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: June 19, 2007, 03:39:14 pm »

We passed 2500 on the signatures within the last 45 minutes or so!  5000 by the end of the month!

BTW, I'm challenging:  10,000 signatures by the end of Comic-Con and I'll deliver them myself to 4 offices (The CW, Warner Television, the management teams of Lauren and Alexis.

Plus, I bought something.  Divine knows what I bought, something coming soon.  Will not tease further. Grin

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because we need to know why there were so many characters named Rob or Robert on the show:  1) Rob, one of Lorelai's valets at the Dragonfly 2) Robert, Richard's manservant during s5, 3) Robert -- Logan, Colin & Finn's friend who took Rory to the Pulp Friction party.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 04:09:16 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: June 19, 2007, 03:51:44 pm »

I understood that for the 7th season because it was actually taking place but since an eighth season has been cancelled it's doesn't make sense to me. We're just giving some creative ideas or ways the show could go... not telling them to do it that way. I just sent that one I wasn't intending on sending more than that... it won't matter if they think there's no season 8. Plus I sent a letter with it to explain my reasonings on why we need an eighth season. SO at least she could read the letter.

I'll be sending money for the dasies on Friday when I get my paycheck and I signed the petition plus I got some of my family members to sign it... I'm working on some more.

Is the cafepress stuff working now?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 04:06:30 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: June 19, 2007, 04:31:00 pm »

I understood that for the 7th season because it was actually taking place but since an eighth season has been cancelled it's doesn't make sense to me. We're just giving some creative ideas or ways the show could go... not telling them to do it that way. I just sent that one I wasn't intending on sending more than that... it won't matter if they think there's no season 8. Plus I sent a letter with it to explain my reasonings on why we need an eighth season. SO at least she could read the letter.

It doesn't matter that there isn't (yet) an eighth season -- as a matter of law, they cannot read any unsolicited scripts of any kind at any time, especially when it has to do with the show.  The only way somebody could slip a script (or a book) to anyone connected to the show is if it's a spec script or a book they've been commissioned to write adn the only way that they could do even that is if they're represented by an agent and the agent is the one that passes it along. 

I'll be sending money for the dasies on Friday when I get my paycheck and I signed the petition plus I got some of my family members to sign it... I'm working on some more.

Is the cafepress stuff working now?

Heather's still working on the redesign and she's been a bit busy this week again.  When she gives me the go-ahead, I'll post the new information FAQ.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:   Because I want to know if Taylor's car got repaired after his stupidity caused Kirk to accidentally crash it into the diner.  I couldn't care less if Taylor would be happy that the car got repaired -- it's a classic car.  I worry about it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 04:32:57 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: June 19, 2007, 05:16:08 pm »

Rob,

Just curious... Do you have all your why there should be a Season 8 reasons listed together in a word document?  I had an idea, but maybe you have already done it.   Did you ever think about sending these reasons all together in a letter to Dawn, Lauren and Alexis, Amy and maybe some others?  Or put them together in an article about (for example) "The Top 100 Reasons Why Gilmore Girls Should have a Season 8"  may to be sent to fan magazines, etc.  Just a thought...Huh

Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: