The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 10:48:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734805 times)
Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6360 on: June 17, 2007, 10:19:45 pm »

been voting in teavee for most of the day my votes so far are 430 and i am trying for 500. just want to update all. at the moment we stand at #9 total votes of 27408, with #8 at 3698 ahead of us and #10 1262 away from us. today have been very good for voting. thanks to all that helped today could not have done so much without u all.
Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6361 on: June 17, 2007, 10:27:23 pm »

hello, i am on my own over at teavee.com if anyone has a chance and wants to vote come on over. we need as muc votes as we can get. last month we came in at #5 now we are all the way at #9 need to do better and show CW we have the fans to commit to getting our show back on.
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #6362 on: June 17, 2007, 10:56:48 pm »

How do I vote over there?

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6363 on: June 17, 2007, 11:07:49 pm »

to vote on teavee. go to www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls
Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6364 on: June 17, 2007, 11:19:12 pm »

as of now teavee.com for gilmore girls is:

we are #9 with 27491 votes    #8 is 3696 ahead of us and #10 is 1336 away from us.

on save my show we are 97% with 24408 votes for gg.

we need more help to show cw what we can do this for gilmore girls no1 show on earth
poisonusrose28
Stars Hollow Tourist

It's like drinking a my little pony...

View Profile
« Reply #6365 on: June 18, 2007, 01:33:01 am »

this is totally off topic, well not really it has to do with the movie, jess should be in it. -just had a thought cause im watching GG season 4 when he told rory he loved her.  Grin

support season 8! we must get the show back!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean it....
lalaliz2005
« Reply #6366 on: June 18, 2007, 05:37:57 am »

Whoo-hoo! I just sent Heather money for LDD! (500 daisies baby!) I spread the word to some of my friends on Myspace via a bulletin and I'm going to post a note about it on Facebook and tag everyone on my friends list! Let's get the ball rollin'!

@Heather~ please let me know if you received money on PayPal from [email protected]
stracciatella
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #6367 on: June 18, 2007, 07:25:22 am »

I'm currently working on contacting German websites about the petition link and I started wondering whether anyone has contacted thedragonflyinn.org? And has anyone actually contacted any websites that are in English?

Heather, I sent you my donation for the LDDC. 1000 yellow daisies  Grin The money should clear in a few days.
Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #6368 on: June 18, 2007, 08:22:22 am »

What about the script idea? Anyone told it before.  I think now it´s a good time to send scripts to Lauren (and Alexis?). It seems Lauren thinks the story is finished. We should show her that we still can tell her a lot of stories we want to see (and show her that a two hour movie is not enough). We could send her one episode a week. What do you think? Wink
Catie
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6369 on: June 18, 2007, 08:32:25 am »

You all are really putting together some impressive stuff here, way to go!

I noticed that the Daisies are being sent to LG, AB, and the CW. Is there a reason that Amy Palladino's not listed there? I know a lot are pushing for a shortened season still, so I might be the only one that thinks that a movie is our only bet. That said, Lauren's continually making it seem like she'd only ever be interested in a movie if Amy's involved:

Graham: ...So if Amy wrote a script I would absolutely consider it and if we all wanted to do it. I think it would be a fun thing to do.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/graham.php

Also, Rob, you've continually been saying that Lauren must not be happy with the roles she has lined up. That just doesn't seem correct, considering all the interviews she's been giving. The first, with Matthew Perry, is something she's really excited about. It's an independent film, so it's not like she's in it for the pay check. It's a project she believes in. In the second, with Greg Kinnear, she's going to have a pretty great, dramatic part. She's been talking about both movies with a lot of excitement, so I just don't think that she's unhappy about them.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 08:37:45 am by Catie » Logged
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #6370 on: June 18, 2007, 09:11:21 am »

I know where it is, but I don't know how to vote  Huh

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6371 on: June 18, 2007, 09:26:02 am »

I'm currently working on contacting German websites about the petition link and I started wondering whether anyone has contacted thedragonflyinn.org? And has anyone actually contacted any websites that are in English?

Heather, I sent you my donation for the LDDC. 1000 yellow daisies  Grin The money should clear in a few days.

Stracciatella,

Thanks for all your help! On Divine's list is says she contacted some English sites, the Dragonfly Inn was one that was contacted..  Maybe another e-mail should be sent.

I do have a few more English sites that need to be contacted.   Anyone want to help?   Also have some Spanish, Italian and Hungarian sites that need to be contacted.  Please PM me if there is any one out there that would like to help contacting websites.

Thanks!
Fran
Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #6372 on: June 18, 2007, 09:43:58 am »

I know where it is, but I don't know how to vote  Huh
Ok, I'll try to explain! Smiley You make an account. Then go to Gilmore Girls. Then theres a button that says "_ _ _ seconds". Wait until that gets down to 0, then that button turns into "vote now". Click on that, then there are 3 numbers. Type them in the box, and wait until the red bar turns green, then click go. You will do that about 5 times until time runs out, and you wait until the seconds count down all over again.
Lol, sorry if its hard to understand! I didn't get it at first either.

Well everybody, vote vote vote! We're trying to get to the #8 spot for a season 8! Cheesy

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6373 on: June 18, 2007, 10:07:06 am »

You all are really putting together some impressive stuff here, way to go!

I noticed that the Daisies are being sent to LG, AB, and the CW. Is there a reason that Amy Palladino's not listed there?

Amy is busy with her own show.  While I think that Fox is showing a vote of no-confidence in Jezebel James by launching it at midseason, where Fox usually burns off shows that it has no faith in (midseason and Friday nights are Fox's burnoff slots), I am going with the presumption that the show is going to hit anyway and therefore that Amy will be too busy to spearhead a greenlighting of any revival of the show herself.  While Lauren is admittedly deferring to Amy coming up with an idea for any reunion, I think that it's a mistake to do anything other than send letters to Amy -- particularly since she's voiced some interest anyway.  Sending daisies to the other three would IMO be more effective and moreover,since Lauren has voiced that she still talks to Amy, Amy would get the point anyway by flooding Lauren with the daisies.  That, and splitting the flowers three ways will be more effective than splitting them four ways.

The point is to have the campaign target the people who could have the most effect in getting any revival greenlit.  Amy's already on board but clearly preoccupied, Lauren is showing increasing interest in a revival, even going to so far as to already leak that she's already tired of being typecast in the Wife role (more below) and she's starting to solicit ideas for a movie, thus, she's taking a producer role already, albeit in an ad hoc capacity.  Given that she's doing movies at the present, she has *much* more "hurry up and wait" time than a showrunner of a show (ie: Amy) does and thus, Lauren is more clearly the point man for any revival project even though it would ultimately be Amy's domain unless she went, "Lauren, go to town on it."

I'm making this point in a letter that I'm finishing up to Lauren myself, which I'll then be posting . . . somewhere.  I have a blog that's currently inactive (and has been so for about six months), so at the very least I'll end the blog's loneliness, post my letter there a week after sending it and then somebody In The Know could conceivably point her to it.

I know a lot are pushing for a shortened season still, so I might be the only one that thinks that a movie is our only bet. That said, Lauren's continually making it seem like she'd only ever be interested in a movie if Amy's involved:

I'm not disregarding a movie.  I think as a tactic it is a clear-cut mistake to push ONLY for a movie.  Fandom tends to take any announcement of a movie for granted and support thus evaporates.  IOW, if you want season 8, you push for season 8; if you want a movie, you push for season 8.  Otherwise, you get what Angel and Deadwood fans got -- absolutely nothing.  Promises are not even worth the paper they're printed on.  (Which, of course, is not even nothing.)

Again, while I personally am pushing for a shortened season, I'm not disregarding a movie.  A shortened-season revival could happen (FTR, The Sopranos set the precedent for taking a LOT of time -- ie: more than one year -- in-between seasons.)  So there's no way in heck that I'm taking the mere promise of doing a movie a year or two down the road for granted when the creator of the show is not contractuallly committed to it, as David Chase was committed to The Sopranos.  When the contracts are signed and filming begins, that's when the season 8 campaign ends.  If Gg is revived as a season of 8-to-13 episodes or as a six-hour miniseries ala Debra Messing's The Starter Wife (a new precedent that Gg could take advantage of) or as a two-hour movie or as a direct-to-DVD series of movies ala Stargate (yet another precedent), then whatever form that a revival takes, that IS season 8.

Graham: ...So if Amy wrote a script I would absolutely consider it and if we all wanted to do it. I think it would be a fun thing to do.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/graham.php

1)  And most importantly, otherwise, the rest of my refutation of your point won't make sense:  The print interviews about Evan were done, at the very latest, if not earlier, at the press junket for the movie more than a week ago, on the 9th and 10th, before her Tonight Show appearance and before her GoldDerby chat.  And she was repeatedly asked Gilmore Girls questions at the junket.  So IMO, all those Gilmore questions are clearly contributing to the process of her changing her mind as she illustrates more interest in the Gg movie in those later interviews with Leno and GoldDerby.  Thus . . . take into consideration these following remarks that show a heart that has been changing since those print interviews:

2)  On her appearance on the Tonight Show last week, she said "We didn't say goodbye properly."  (Direct quote)

3)  Lauren actively solicited ideas for the 2-hour movie at GoldDerby in her chat at GoldDerby last week at http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards_goldderby/2007/06/transcript_our__4.html by asking (direct quote):  "why do you want a movie? im curious. What would you like to see?"  and after getting a flood of the questions that everybody in MBs everywhere have been asking, she responds with, " interesting. I am very touched by your ideas. thankful for your attention."

4)  In the same GoldDerby chat, she lamented (direct quote):  "Mixed feelings about the end. I wanted it to be the most amazing episode ever. That is too much pressure for anything to bear. I actually havent seen it yet."  and for the Shippers out there (I'm not one of them), she remarked (direct quote): "I think this was a tough season but everyone did their best. More Luke Lorelai could have been a good idea" and "will miss steady job, challenging dialogue,"  (she was speaking in fragments by this time because the chat was giong so fast)

Also, Rob,

Please don't boldface my name like that.  It's the equivalent of using ALL CAPS.  If you were just trying to get my attention (and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that this was the case), we use the shorthand "@ name" form here, as in

@ Rob . . . yadayadayadaya

you've continually been saying that Lauren must not be happy with the roles she has lined up. That just doesn't seem correct, considering all the interviews she's been giving. The first, with Matthew Perry, is something she's really excited about. It's an independent film, so it's not like she's in it for the pay check. It's a project she believes in. In the second, with Greg Kinnear, she's going to have a pretty great, dramatic part. She's been talking about both movies with a lot of excitement, so I just don't think that she's unhappy about them.

5)  She already indicated in an interview during the Evan Almighty press junket the weekend of the 9th-10th that she's already doing too many Wife roles by cracking, "And then the next thing is I'm doing a wife world tour. " (direct quote from:  http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_12258.html  A job's a job, so she's certainly not going to complain too much about already being typecast when the movies aren't even out yet -- that's just not Being a Team Plalyer.  In retrospect, her joking about the typecasting that is happening to her already is the first major sign, a major Freudian slip, that the Wife gigs are already getting to her.

Thus, we go after The CW, Lauren and Alexis, who have the most say over any Gg revival at this point.  Lauren deferring to Amy is certainly good politics from a publicity standpoint, but waiting for or pressing Amy to say yes at this point isn't going to result in anything.  She's clearly too busy.  It's vaporware. 

Also, in the GoldDerby chat, Lauren said she's going to NYC soon (ie: this week, for the Today Show and Conan) and that she's going to meet with Amy and once again try to get the fabled Final Four Words out of her.  Which strongly suggests to me that Lauren is at *least* considering either doing it on her own or discussing with Amy how serious she is about doing a Gg movie.  Pure speculation at this point, yes, but I think it's an educated guess given that she's continuing to show interest in diong the movie.

To sum it up:  I think we've got a better chance at persuading Lauren to be an advocate for a season 8 or for a movie (from now on, I'm going to shorthand it as Season Cool than we do by persuading Amy to do the same.  And that's not because I don't want Amy to do it -- I do -- it's just that Amy's busier than Lauren is.  Particularly since Wife roles generally aren't all that time-consuming. 

In other words, IMO, Lauren and to a lesser extent, The CW/Dawn and Alexis, are far better targets for the campaign than Amy is.

-- Rob

ETA major clarifiers and to edit a lot of typoes typos.

-------------------------
Season 8:   Because a deer hit Rory.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 12:02:03 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6374 on: June 18, 2007, 10:41:22 am »

http://www.movieweb.com/news/96/20496.php

I like this part from the interview:

Is there a pet project you want to do, or a character that you want to play?

Lauren Graham: No, what I really want to do now is a musical. But, no. I'm still just riding this wave. I haven't had time to think about what I would like to do next. That will take a little time, I think. I would love to go back to TV, for sure. But it's not something that I would put all my focus on. You come back and do something, and you only do three episodes, and it gets canceled. That's just the odds. That happens. Then there is the reunion of Gilmore Girls. Um, yeah...

And this:

How do you feel about the show ending?

Lauren Graham: I have mixed feelings about it. I felt that the show was telling us it was over. I felt that it was the right time. We were all feeling restless. Yet, you have become so attached to this person. You don't want to lose that. So, it was a struggle. It never got easier.

You can find the whole interview in the link above.

Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: