The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2017, 06:50:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1729287 times)
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #6345 on: June 17, 2007, 01:52:52 pm »

I'm so glad everyone likes the merchandise! Smiley
 Grin

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: June 17, 2007, 02:33:27 pm »

heather-------if u can, u should try and send a press release to New York Daily News. I'm up here visitiing family and I've watched so many people walking through the streets with their heads buried in it!

www.NYdailynews.com

Smiley

Can you research this for me?  I've got a lot on my plate, but if you can find a mailing address, I'll be sending more PRs this Thursday or Friday. Smiley

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: June 17, 2007, 03:25:24 pm »

heather-------if u can, u should try and send a press release to New York Daily News. I'm up here visitiing family and I've watched so many people walking through the streets with their heads buried in it!

www.NYdailynews.com

Smiley

Can you research this for me?† I've got a lot on my plate, but if you can find a mailing address, I'll be sending more PRs this Thursday or Friday. Smiley

I sent Heather a PM with the address.
Imawl4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: June 17, 2007, 03:29:50 pm »

www.NYdailynews.com

Smiley

Can you research this for me?† I've got a lot on my plate, but if you can find a mailing address, I'll be sending more PRs this Thursday or Friday. Smiley

I sent Heather a PM with the address.

thnx!!
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: June 17, 2007, 04:03:17 pm »

Hey everyone.

Just so you know, the FYC ad/merchandise fundraiser has temporarily been put on hold.  I am hashing out the details with Heidi and will be over the next few days.  We need to tweak some images and some of the representation but then it will be back up and running, with similar merchandise -- but slightly different images.  Those of you who have already ordered, please do not worry -- though I may be contacting you in the next few days.  I'm going to see if CafePress can issue credits to those who have ordered so that they can order something new from the new batch which I will produce in the next few days.

Thanks everyone -- sorry for the roadblock! Cheesy

Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: June 17, 2007, 04:13:51 pm »

If I had any spare money I would donate/buy.
However, my friend pushed me into the pool when I was holding my cell phone..sooo all money earned is presently towards getting me a new phone. Yeah...

SEASON 8: Because we need to find out if Sylvia Path really was just cold.

(Okay, okay. It sucks!!^^)

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: June 17, 2007, 05:35:45 pm »

Cathy Coffee -- yes I did get it.† I chuckled when I saw it was from Lukeschippy!† Smiley

A girl has gotta dream!
And will our merchandise be different now that you put the store on hold?

love is blind so you didn't see me.
gimoregirls1992ab
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: June 17, 2007, 05:46:13 pm »

i know we say this a lot, but we cannot stress enough how many people we need to help out at teavee whenever you can...

Current vote total is 26377. Rank is #9. (3652 away from #8 and 636 ahead of #10)

thanks!

allie

It's hard to wait around for something that you
know might never happen but its even
harder to give up especially when its
everything that you ever wanted....
Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: June 17, 2007, 05:50:05 pm »

i totally agree. i know it is only voting?? but it is for a great cause?? i know that we r doing other things, but some can not without money. so they vote?Huh??  Please help all our dreams and keep up the voters, we r being beaten badly. so come in and join and chat we us there as well
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6354 on: June 17, 2007, 07:06:38 pm »

Thanks for reposting the LDDC Rob Cheesy And Heather, your price breakdown is oh, so easy to understand! I'm bummed to hear that the store is down though Sad Copyright problems or something? NOMB? Tongue Well, I'm still definitely going to buy either a totebag, a mug, a tshirt, or all 3 depending what money is like on Friday!!

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: June 17, 2007, 07:28:31 pm »

Thanks for reposting the LDDC Rob Cheesy And Heather, your price breakdown is oh, so easy to understand! I'm bummed to hear that the store is down though Sad Copyright problems or something? NOMB? Tongue Well, I'm still definitely going to buy either a totebag, a mug, a tshirt, or all 3 depending what money is like on Friday!!

The problems have been worked out and Heather is working the details out right now.  It's not a copyright issue regarding the use of brief quotes from the show, if that's what you're worried about -- that's fair use and other websites such as http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/  (please read it, it's ginchy) have their own stores that do the same thing with quotes through CafePress.

A new version of the CafePress/Ad Campaign will be coming juuuuust as soon as the details are finished. 

Note also:  to clear up any confusion, this probably isn't going to be an Emmy FYC (endorsement) ad -- we're aiming for somewhere between the late-August and the time of the Fall premieres.  The Emmy ceremony itself is generally a week or two before the fall premieres and in any case, readership tends to go up in August and September both due to the Emmys and due to how closely the fall premieres are followed.  But that's fine -- no worries because if iwe're able to get it to be a midseason replacement of 8-to-13 episodes or a 2-hour movie it wouldn't begin filming any earlier than November-ish at the earliest *anyway.*  And even if just a movie were greenlit by the end of this year, it still wouldn't start filming until the end of this year.  That's why I've never been panicking about any of this.  We've got time on our side as long as we can keep up the recruiting, keep up the petition, keep up the fundraisers, keep up the letter-writing campaigns and keep annoying The CW on their comment lines.  Wink

BTW, about that viewer comment line -- 1-818-977-6878.  They're emptying it at bizarre times -- I was able to get through late on Friday night again.  So if you get the Full alert, just keep trying it at random times during the day and night.

ETA:  To further clarify:  The Little Daisy Duke Campaign is continuing on apace.  We've had no glitch in that one, so please keep donating to it and keep spreading the word.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai needs a bigger HDTV -- one without Christopher's cooties all over it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 08:16:04 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: June 17, 2007, 08:29:39 pm »

Season 8:† Because Lorelai needs a bigger HDTV -- one without Christopher's cooties all over it.
Amen! Tongue

I bet someone already posted this a long time ago, but this is an Evan Almighty interview with just Lauren. She talks about the show a little bit and doesn't seem that negative about a GG movie...! Its dated June 15. Check it out! Smiley

http://community.livejournal.com/gg_news/43329.html

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6357 on: June 17, 2007, 08:42:54 pm »

The Petition Project FAQ

1) The purpose of this FAQ is to provide information necessary to get as many people as possible to sign the Gilmore Girls Season 8 petition at http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate and then to promote the petition as far and as wide as possible.

2)  "I Want to See More of our Gilmore Girls, but why Should I Sign This Petition?  Amy said she wants to do a 2-hour movie in a year or two, so why Should I Support the Campaign For Season 8?"

The answer is an easy one -- just because Amy says she's interested in doing a Gilmore Girls movie in a year or two doesn't mean that it's going to happen.  A GILMORE GIRLS MOVIE HAS NOT BEEN GREENLIT and therefore, promises of one mean nothing until contracts are signed and it begins filming.  Promises are NOT good enough.  We have to campaign and we have to campaign NOW, for as long as it takes for them to SIGN THE CONTRACTS and begin filming anything from a season 8 of 8-to-13 episodes, a 6-hour miniseries Event (a possible compromise I Just Thunk Up) or even that 2-hour movie that IMO wouldn't be enough onscreen time to tie up all the storylines that were left open (perhaps inadvertently) in the series season finale.

Sure, Lauren soliciting from the GoldDerby.com chat what the fans there would like to see in a 2-hour movie is an encouraging sign, but again, it's still not set in stone -- she's deferring to Amy saying that she's going to do a 2-hour movie "in a year or two."   Lauren may believe that Amy does mean to do a movie in a year or two -- maybe we all do, but once people take for granted that it's supposedly going to happen, it doesn't.  The naysayers also should be reminded that the Pretender movies were greenlit after the cancellation of the series but before the final episodes aired and the Stargate direct-to-DVD movies were greenlit after the cancellation of SG-1 but *long* before the final episodes aired (one or two more episodes have yet to be aired and the D2DVD movies were announced 3-4 months ago) and the upcoming Babylon 5 D2DVD movie being released at the end of July is filming a *decade* after the series ended.  So NO ONE should take the promise of a movie for granted no matter how much you might trust the persons talking about it.  Movie revivals that are greenlit *after* the final episodes have aired -- the Farscape miniseries, the Serenity movie -- happen *because* of relentless continuing fan support for them, period.

3) So sign the petition already at:  http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

4) Circulate the petition and Mandate link through your email lists, ask your friends to sign the petition, Digg it (more below) and then forward it to other friends

5)  Post the link everywhere you can -- on other message boards having to do with Gilmore Girls, more general shows having to do with Television, MBs dealing with Women's Issues and Women's Rights, or any MB where you either know that there are a lot of Gg fans (even if it's not even remotely Gg or TV-related).  The further away you get from TV-related sites, the more you should please respect the given MBs' policies on Off-Topic Posts.  Some of them don't allow it, some of them DO allow it as long as you start the subject header with the abbreviation OT as in "OT: Please sign the ďSave Gilmore Girls Petition."  Please only post such OT posts where you are sure they'll be welcome when it's a non-TV related MB.

6)  Add the petition link and a link to the most current page of this thread to your siggie on ALL message boards you belong to.  ESPECIALLY if it's not a Gg or TV-related MB.  Even if you haven't started an OT thread on that MB, including a link in your siggie may (and often does) get noticed by someone on the given MB who likes the show and *then* that invites thread drift that is better served by then creating an OT thread on that group.  IOW, including the links in your siggie is a great way to test the waters for how discussing the show in that group might or might not be encouraged.  Also, even if no discussion may break out, other posters may follow the link anyway.

7)  Encourage everyone who has signed or will sign the petition to Digg the site or otherwise recommend it to various social networking/news exchange websites -- the petition includes as a matter of automatic function links to over a dozen of these sites, including Digg.  Digg is easy to register for by clicking on the link at the petition, registering and verifying (which is almost instantaneous after filling out the form and clicking on their verification email) and then clicking on the Digg icon on the petition again, sending you to the Digg site, where you'll click "Digg" right underneath the big Digg rating number on the left.  Those of you who have already signed the petition and haven't Digged the petition, please do so.  Digging the petition will help to publicize the petition on Digg, which is among the biggest of these sites and please recommend to other people you know who have signed the petition to go back and Digg it.

Cool  There is no 8.  That's the point.

9) Do as much recruiting as you can to have as many people as you can sign the petition.  The only thing necessary is that the person(s) have their own email address, so you can have as many people in your family sign the petition as you possibly can as long as they have different email addresses.  I would *like* to have somewhere around 10,000 signatures by late next month, while I'm on vacation to Southern California for Comic-Con.  I'm considering delivering the petition in person to at least the three most pertinent offices (Lauren and Alexis's management teams and Dawn Ostroff.

10)  Get them to start posting here at the mandate after they've signed the petition.  They may be scared by the length of this thread -- but just tell them to dive right in because I rotate reposting of the various FAQs as reasonably often as I can in between bouts of eyestrain and migraines Wink .

ANNOUNCEMENT:  Lauren Graham Upcoming Talk Show Appearances:

@ Lauren Graham and Steve Carellís interview with each other at MovieFone has taken place and has been posted . . . err, somewhere.  Currently, itís available on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPpQESKiSU4  Lauren wears a very cute peasant blouse in it.  Smitten   Whether or not she answered *any* Gilmore questions remains to be seen  -- at least, by me 'cause I'm on dial-up and it's still loading as I write this. 

@ The Today Show -- Tuesday morning, June 19th, sometime, probably later during the show, which they'll tease on and on and on throughout the show.  If you live within communte distance of The Today Show studios in NYC/NJ and can do that whatever-they-do stuff in the window behind the anchors or behind Willard Scott or Al Roker doing weather updates out on the street, please go there and hold up whatever Gg signs and/or wear whatever Gg T-Shirts you can make up, like, over this weekend.

@ Late Night with Conan O'Brien -- Friday night, June 22nd, 12:35am ET/PT, 11:35pm CT/MT

So far, there's no one listed at http://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html as a guest for The View on Thursday, June 21st, and Evan Almighty co-stars Steve Carell and Wanda Sykes are booked for the show on Friday morning, June 22nd, so something tells me that since Graham will be in NYC anyway, she might just be on the show one of those two mornings, especially since she'll be in town to do Conan (the show, not the person).

-- Rob
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: June 17, 2007, 09:50:26 pm »

well i just back from vagas, what have i missed?
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: June 17, 2007, 09:57:10 pm »

Season 8:  Because Lorelai needs a bigger HDTV -- one without Christopher's cooties all over it.
Amen! Tongue

I bet someone already posted this a long time ago, but this is an Evan Almighty interview with just Lauren. She talks about the show a little bit and doesn't seem that negative about a GG movie...! Its dated June 15. Check it out! Smiley

http://community.livejournal.com/gg_news/43329.html

What's interesting about the end of the interview is when Lauren speaks about the show as if it's a person.  Seaking as a lapsed stage manager and dramaturge, I'll say that, yeah, shows in even live theater take on a life of their own and you definitely want to leave them in the right place.  But sometimes you don't leave them in the right place and you don't know that until you've gotten enough distance afterwards.  Decompressing from a show varies from person to person and even varies in the same person from show to show.  Even a single *perfornance* of a stage show can have its own personality that's very different from the personality of the performance that your company gives the very next day.

And I figured that out *before* I did summer stock.  Then, add 16-hour days, 6-days a week for four months of summer stock and oh *boy* does the "shape" or "personality" of a given performance become an interesting subject to observe.  The personality of a given show/performance is subject to so many variables, what the audience is like (older folk are MUCH quieter than younger folk, even at stuff they like, larger audiences are louder than smaller audiences), who's hung over, who injured their back the night before, who's pregnant -- yes, in one of the shows I stage managed in Summer Stock, one of the main singers was about 3 months pregnant and going through morning sickness *onstage* during a performance (Fortunately, during the times in which she was woozy, she was up on a platform and not very visible, so a bit player smuggled her a barf bag that she used when she turned around during some special effects and in one other segment, another actor took her lines in another song when she couldn't come out onstage.  Shows take on a life of their own.  Actors are often the people in the show who are *least* able to look at it as a whole, as an organism, until after they've decompressed 'cause, after all, looking at the show as a whole, as an organism, is the director/showrunner's job.  Seems to me like she's starting to realize that the show *wasn't* left in the 'right place.'  That's fine, she needed the time to decompress and there's nothing you have more of on a movie set (as opposed to a TV set) than time to think.

Since this interview was given on the 9th or 10th (the article was posted on the 11th and then I followed a couple of links to other interviews that stated that the press junket interviews were that weekend, the 9th or the 10th -- Evan premiered at Universal Studios on the 10th), I suspect that Lauren was asked a LOT of GIlmore questions on that the day in the press junket.  Then two days later, you have the Leno appearance and the GoldDerby chat and pieces start to fit.

IOW, the pressure seems to be working -- but just because it's working doesn't mean that we let up.  Just because we revved the car up to 10 miles an hour doesn't mean that it's purring along at 75 mph yet, so we're a long way from taking the foot off the gas.

(OMG, I swore to myself that I was never, ever going to use a car metaphor anywhere and *now* look what happens!)

And at one point in the interview with MoviesOnline, she's going through the movie roles, wife in Laws of Motion (Matthew Perry), wife of Greg Kinnear (Flash of Genius) and she jokes, "And then the next thing is I'm doing a wife world tour. I don't know if you could tell."   So she's clearly aware already that she's being typecast not as a Lorelai but as, frankly, IMO, something beneath her immense talents.  If she isn't mowing drug dealers down with a machine gun in her next movie, then I think she's done -- the movie peeps already appear to have no clue what to do with her and if *she's* already noticing the Wife Role rut and we're noticing the Wife Role rut, then the movie people have no idea how to think out of the box regarding where and how to cast her.   Roll Eyes

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai dodged becoming the next Mary Kay LeTourneau by this much when she was going to college.
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: