The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 05:02:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1762782 times)
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6315 on: June 16, 2007, 04:13:22 pm »

And again - *prettystick* ... everything looks incredible!! I didn't know that you can open up your own shop over there - that was an AMAZING idea!

Again, I have to wait for my salary to spend money, but I can't wait to order something from Cafepress - it will be hard to decide though  Grin

I still don't have a clue about how Emmy and everything works *lol* - but I am starting to look that up right now & then I'll spread the word about the new shop!

The Emmy nominations will be announced in the third week of July.  From the scuttlebutt over at the Awards-discussion forum GoldDerby (www.goldderby.com), Lauren is likely going to make the semi-finals of the nomations process (top 10) for Lead Actress in a Drama.  From what I understand, she's got a closer shot at making the Final Five in Drama than she's ever had when the show was in the Comedy track.

Yes, the show is being submitted in the Drama track this year.  With Desperate Housewives dominating the comedy categories in nominations the past 3 years and now Ugly Betty coming into the scene, the jump to the Drama track is very smart, especially since the last two seasons *have* been quite dramatic.  Whether or not she'll make the final five is up in the air. 

The Emmys aren't until September no matter what and I suspect that due to the Cafe Press lead-time on submissions that any ad we do could/would miss the being published before the last day for Emmy voters to make their final votes in the process.  In any case, if she weren't to get nominated -- which would be a shame because there aren't that many good dramatic roles for women this year, even given that Edie Falco is a shoo-in for nomination -- that would be a moot point.  We're still going to aim for getting an ad in sometime before the Emmys, partly for the visibility of the readership going up around Emmy time not just for FYC ads, but because it's also the start of the new TV season, so the readership will naturally rise.

The two sizes of ads that i've seen that we should go for are 1/3rd page ($4,500) and 1/2 page ($6,500).  There are a lot of other sizes, some cheaper, some more expensive, that we can do as alternatives.  Any profits after the ad would be donated to a charity of  mumbletymumbletysomegilmoreactresstobenamedlatermumbletymumblety's choice.

BTW, spread the word to other websites about http://www.cafepress.com/gggreat8mandate .  That'll be the only link for supporting the Great 8 Mandate Merchandise Fundraiser.  Go to the same places you've gone with the petiton link 'cause we're starting to build great relationships with them thanks to your efforts.

-- Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because we want to know if Jess ever got over his fear of swans.  Even if it's just through a letter he might write to Liz.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 04:14:35 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: June 16, 2007, 04:15:32 pm »

I won't be able to chip in money for the Daisy compaign until next Friday when I get my next paycheck or June 27th which ever comes first but do expect a BIG donation from me! The only concerns I have with the daisy compaign is the time we have to gather funds... I wish it was a little longer so we could raise more money.

Also, I can't WAIT to buy something at CafePress, too! Especially the bumper stickers and buttons! Great ways to advertise our plight!  

Go team, go!

Also, I was voting like crazy at Teavee late last night mostly by myself and it was still at #9 when I left... it's sad it went up a number since then.  Cry Everyone should take some time today or tomorrow to chip in some votes here and there to get us close to #8! 8 for season 8!

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: June 16, 2007, 04:17:50 pm »

I was wondering if there was a way in which we could do a campaign to help the Gilmore Movie?

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6318 on: June 16, 2007, 04:25:22 pm »

Whoa, that CafePress stuff is amazing; I had no idea how that worked... Rob and Heather- when you guys said you had big plans in the works, you were right!! I will donate to the daisies and buy a G8M product next check (this coming Fri.) I think I'll get a shirt, whichever one has the biggest profit! ooh, wait the mug is cute...ooh I just saw the tote bag! oh..... I absolutely love the idea of using the money to get an ad Variety- great exposure, not to mention the exposure of having hundreds (thousands?) of us with G8M logo stuff all over the world!  Grin Prettysticks all around!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 04:27:17 pm by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6319 on: June 16, 2007, 04:30:16 pm »

We're at 99 away from the #9 position at Teavee! Please everyone stop in and give your support by voting and help get us out of #10!

http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

Okay, I gave in and bought the bumper sticker and button all ready! Tongue I'll buy a shirt later  Grin
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 05:18:28 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
lilag02
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: June 16, 2007, 05:42:20 pm »

Rob and Heather, you guys are amazing!  The stuff on cafepress is great.  I'm going to order a t-shirt as soon as I can decide on one, and definitely a coffee mug (in honor of the Lorelais' love of coffee, and well...because I need a work mug, and what better than one that supports a great cause).  I think we all need to order shirts though, because that's a great way to advertise the cause outside of the internet.  So, anyway, THANK YOU Rob and Heather for doing this all, if I knew how to do the prettysticks I would.
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: June 16, 2007, 07:36:34 pm »

So I really can't decide between two of the shirts.
Jr. Ringer T-Shirt vs. Pastel Logo Shirt??
It's very hard.   Wink

love is blind so you didn't see me.
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: June 16, 2007, 08:13:23 pm »

I just purchased some of the items from the cafepress site and I'm very excited.  They look very nice and now I will always have a keepsake to remind me of this campaign that has meant so much to the fans of this amazing show.  Plus, I believe in the cause the money is going towards.  Thank you!   Smiley

Copperboom88
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

Rory+Jess=Perfection

View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: June 16, 2007, 08:19:30 pm »

Support Support Support. It's all we can do guys. We must keep any bit of hope alive!

Copperboom baby!! Smiley

pics by tabbycat!
gimoregirls1992ab
Town Troubadour

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: June 16, 2007, 08:58:02 pm »

The cafepress stuff is amazing, if i could prettystick you, i totally would. I would get stuff, but i dont think i can kuz im only 14 and my moms not really into that kind of stuff, but ill try my hardest!

It's hard to wait around for something that you
know might never happen but its even
harder to give up especially when its
everything that you ever wanted....
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6325 on: June 16, 2007, 10:29:23 pm »

Again, I have to wait for my salary to spend money, but I can't wait to order something from Cafepress - it will be hard to decide though  Grin 

Actually, I'm going to be running intot the same thing -- I won't be able to buy my T-shirts (yes, plural) and pins until the end of the month, when I get paid.  (Heather, you're still going to get the money I already owe you before then, by the end of next Friday.  Wink  )

I still don't have a clue about how Emmy and everything works *lol* - but I am starting to look that up right now & then I'll spread the word about the new shop!

Don't worry, not even the Academy that does the Emmys know how the Emmys work.  Lauren said that she *is* an Emmy voter and she's the only one that she knows (which is amusing, because I can't beleive that Edward Herrmann wouldn't be an Emmy voter because he's, like, an Emmy-winner -- for The Practice, IIRC -- and that would make him already in for like, a decade).  As for the ad being able to influence the Emmys or not -- let's not worry about that.  The due date we have to work with, July 20th (or so), means that it likely won't influence the nominations themselves, but it *might* mean that it would have some influence on votes if the balloting closes in early Sept.  (I'll have to go to GoldDerby and ask about all those dates). 

IOW, we should think of this as a Season 8/Revival ad first and an Emmy FYC ad second (if at all.)  The purpose of having it in around Emmy time is purely for the purposes of visiblity.

BTW, for the guys, I think that the red baseball tees and ringer tees work better with the logos than the black tees do.  As Heather observed to me when I noted my preference, she said that it's because there's so much red in the pink of the logo.  So I think you can tell what shirt I'm getting.

And be sure when you look at the pictures of the tees to look on the backs of the tees, too.

@ gilmoregirls1992ab -- don't feel guilty about being that young, you're doing enough by being here and being in the conversation.  If your mom's not really into buying that sort of stuff, then you're doing what you can afford to be doing, which is talking here and posting -- and that isn't nothing.

@ Imy

I was wondering if there was a way in which we could do a campaign to help the Gilmore Movie?

Imy, you're at the right place.  This is called the Season 8 Mandate, but we're not interested in splitting Gg fandom between what we want (season 8 ) and what we think we can get (a movie).  It's more a case of, if you want to see season 8, then you push for season 8; if you want to see a movie, then you push for season 8.  I'm not saying that wanting a movie is wrong, I'm just sayin' that pushing for only a movie has generally resulted in not getting the movie (Angel and Deadwood, for instance).  We need to do two things to get any sort of a revival, whether it's Season 8 or a two-hour movie -- we 1) have to get to be as big a group of Gg fans as we can possibly get and 2) we have to be relentless.  That means not taking a no for an answer from anyone.

As for ways you can help, there's the writing campaign back on page 406 (http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6630.6075) , signing the petiton at http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate , the two new fundraisers and some press releases that we're doing.  (And since Heather's going to have her hands full with the Little Daisy Duke Campaign in the near future, I'll probably take a crack at a new version of the press release in a week or two, especially if the Paris Hilton marathon on 24-hour cable news starts getting especially ridonkulous.

I'll also be cycling through the current FAQs over the next few days to bring them up to date since there have been 2-3 new ones over the past 5 days.

@ Everybody -- I sort of realized that we're running two fundraisers at the same time.  One has a shorter deadline than the other so if you're torn due to when you get your paychecks or other money concerns, such as vacationis interruptus, get the daisies now and whatever you're going to buy from the CafePress store later.  Don't feel like you have to bust your wallet to help out the campaign -- it's more important for you to spread the word and get more and more people can contribuite to both fundraisers.

-- Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because I want to see Luke tell Dean he was full of it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 10:31:26 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #6326 on: June 16, 2007, 11:07:58 pm »

I love all the cafepress stuff, but I can't buy anything, cause I don't have a creditcard  Embarrassed

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #6327 on: June 17, 2007, 12:32:02 am »

Wow that merchandise idea is excellent. I really wanna take part in that and I think I can convince my mom, I just don't know if I can do it in 3 days. Undecided I'll try though!

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Bellybobs
Stars Hollow Tourist

I never pictured rory with a blond

View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: June 17, 2007, 04:29:32 am »

PLEASE LET ME HELP I WILL BE MORE THAN THRILLED TO HELP SAVE THE GILMORE GIRLS IM 10 YEARS OLD AND LIVE IN THE UK
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #6329 on: June 17, 2007, 06:25:40 am »

Wow that merchandise idea is excellent. I really wanna take part in that and I think I can convince my mom, I just don't know if I can do it in 3 days. Undecided I'll try though!

You  have more than three days.  It goes 'til July 20, not June. Smiley

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: