The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 03:34:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765268 times)
Lotte
Town Resident

Community Points: 72

View Profile
« Reply #6270 on: June 15, 2007, 12:30:05 pm »

yeah, me too, kind of

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: June 15, 2007, 01:05:14 pm »

i can speak french a little.. well canadian french. im not sure if its diffrt then the french in France or something hehe

sarah =)
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: June 15, 2007, 01:59:11 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanouncing:

The Litte Daisy Duke Campaign

(And you probably thought I'd never get around to it!)

MISSION STATEMENT: 

OUR ULTIMATE GOAL as The Great 8 Mandate is:  To change the minds of those who were involved in the collapse of the negotiations for season 8, to gently remind The CW and Lauren and Alexis that we think that virtually all of the show's complex storylines require one more season to be resolved.

THEREFORE, our overall goal with The Little Daisy Duke Campaign (LDDC, not to be confused with LCD, which is a hi-def form of television) is to send a gazillion party daisies to Dawn Ostroff, and to Lauren and Alexis in order to to get everyone back to the negotiating table in order to urge them to work one last time to revoke the cancellation of Gilmore Girls.  These daises, about 1 1/4" in diameter are made from authentic polyester, they look cool, and most importantly, they come in units of 250 daisies for $4.95 per unit plus shipping.   So we could conceivably now send a *lot* of these daisies in a campaign comparable to that of Jericho.

1) Besides the obvious references to the Dukes of Hazzard and to the episode "Love, Daisies and Troubadours," why these small daisies that aren't even real?  Because a) they're cute (and Gilmore Girls luuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrvvvvvves them the cute stuff) and b) we can get them in large quantities.

2)  As with Operation: Daisy Duke, these are yellow-colored daisies.  A sample of them can be viewed at the website that we'll be be buying them through, The Oriental Trading Company at:  http://www.orientaltrading.com/application?namespace=browse&origin=searchMain.jsp&event=link.itemDetails&demandPrefix=12&sku=3/1218&mode=Searching&erec=3&No=0&D=daisies&Ntt=daisies&Ntk=all&Dx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&Ntx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&N=0&sd=YELLOW+DAISIES

(If anyone wants to tinyurl it, be my guest.  For some reason, I never have any luck with tinyurl.)

3) Unlike "Operation:  Daisy Duke," this is not a do-it-yourself campaign.  The shipping costs per unit are a bit steep for smaller orders (6.95 per unit, which goes down percentage-wise based on how many units are ordered from a single customer to about 10% of the costs of the given number of units), so we've been advised by the company service rep that I talked to (who's a fan of the show) that one person should collect all donations to the project and then buy the daisies in bulk and save on shipping that way.  Heather will be handling this project.  So here's what she needs:

A) For each unit of 250 daisies you wish to contribute to the campaign, the cost is $5.50 ($4.95 + 10% for shipping) and a *one time only* donation of $2.00 to help pay to ship the daisies in boxes to Dawn Ostroff, to Lauren and to Alexis (ex:  1 unit = $7.50, 2 units = $13, etc.)  The idea is to take each unit of 250 daisies out of their original packaging, fluff them up to put into these boxes and send them to the ladies.

B) The methods of payment Heather will accept are: PayPal, certified bank check/cashiers check; money order; PayPal. 

@ Her PayPal is registered under [email protected].

@ If they want to make out a certified bank check or cashiers check or money order, they need to email Heather at [email protected] and she will give them her mailing address. 

@ And Heather adds, "If none of these methods work for people, I may be able to offer another alternative in the form of donating to my school account.  (Which you can do for the banner like you'd talked about -- I'll send you instructions.)  They'll need to contact me to do it."

4)  If you would rather buy the daisies yourself, you can buy them through the Oriental Trading Company directly and have them send the daisies to Heather herself.  As above, you will need to contact Heather at [email protected] in advance to get her mailing address.  Reminder:  This is not a Do-It-Yourself campaign (except that, well, Heather will be doing it all herself), this is a mass-mailing mission, so she needs to receive your order of daisies in order to send everything out at once. 

5) DEADLINE:  The deadline for this mission of the campaign will be June 29 at 3pm, when she will place the order.   The Daisies take about 8 working days to ship to their destination, so those of you who choose to buy the daisies yourselves should also buy them and send them to her no later this deadline.

6)  Please spread the word of "The Little Daisy Duke Campaign" around to other MBs and forums that have enthusiastic Gilmore supporters.  Some of the obvious boards are FanForum, the cwtv.com lounge, etc.  We don't want to annoy people, especially since there are people who post to multiple MBs.  But still, let us know which MBs it gets posted to and provide a link to this thread or to the Great 8 Mandate thread.  If you so desire, please copy this entire post to that forum.

7)  We may do another edition of this campaign later.

Cool  There is no 8.  That's the point.

-- Rob

ET shorten that preface that went on for, like, ever (it's going to become part of a more general FAQ.)

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because daisies are cool!  (Belly buttons are cooler, but daisies, definitely cool!)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 04:04:55 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: June 15, 2007, 02:11:18 pm »

Thanks Stracciatella for taking on the German Gilmore Girl Fan Sites from Divine's List!

The French Websites:

Le monde de Gilmore girls

http://gilmoregirls.monrezo.be/GilmoreGirls/Gilmore_News.htm  

Has a really nice article on the main page.  I was able to read it by copying and pasting the text into a translator.
I used  

http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

and on Tim Toy's  Website - The Gilmore House

has an article with a great web banner to the petition link.

http://www.gilmorehouse.new.fr/

Many thanks to all the French Gilmore Girl Fans for signing the Petition!

On Divine's List we can use some more help.  

There are 26 Engish Fansites with 10 that have some kind of link to the petition. (Either in the shout box, forum, etc.)  We should look at all of them again to see if there is a link 

There is 1 French  Fansite that needs to be looked at and e-mailed if you can't find a petition link.

Also there are 3 italian, 6 spanish and 3 hungarian fan sites  that need e-mails sent to with the petition link.

Is there anyone that can help with the above fansites?  If you would like to help, please pm me with your e-mail address and I will send you the sites from Divine's list that you can help with.  

Thanks!
Fran
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: June 15, 2007, 02:19:59 pm »

okay i will deffinatly try on the french website.. if they dont unserstand, they might click the link anyways and figure it out lol Tongue

sarah =)
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6275 on: June 15, 2007, 02:38:01 pm »

okay i will deffinatly try on the french website.. if they dont unserstand, they might click the link anyways and figure it out lol Tongue

This is the French Website that needs to be e-mailed.

http://gilmoregirlsfans.ifrance.com/

Thanks for your help!
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6276 on: June 15, 2007, 02:49:37 pm »

The LDDC Campaign sounds great!
Is there a way we are presenting them?
Or are we just sending them to the CW's doorstop?
Last question, is there a set price or minimum we are paying?

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #6277 on: June 15, 2007, 02:51:44 pm »

Thanks for your help!

okay, no problem. so i am just posting the link to the petition and saying to sign it?
*UPDATE* okay i made a post about it. if you want to check it out heres the link:
http://board.quick-web.com/seesujet.php3?sid=3413&login=gilmoregirlsfans&tid=6
I apologized if any of my french grammer was wrong, but im pretty sure everything i wrote made scence. [i took french for 9 years]
Im hoping they check it out and start signing Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 03:03:19 pm by Gilmores-Forever » Logged

sarah =)
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: June 15, 2007, 03:39:37 pm »

Thanks for your help!

okay, no problem. so i am just posting the link to the petition and saying to sign it?
*UPDATE* okay i made a post about it. if you want to check it out heres the link:
http://board.quick-web.com/seesujet.php3?sid=3413&login=gilmoregirlsfans&tid=6
I apologized if any of my french grammer was wrong, but im pretty sure everything i wrote made scence. [i took french for 9 years]
Im hoping they check it out and start signing Cheesy

Link looks great!   Thanks for posting it!
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6279 on: June 15, 2007, 05:11:09 pm »

Does anyone here speak Spanish, Italian, Greek, Dutch, Polish, or any other language and is willing to take on the websites in this particular language? The link on the French (and German, but especially the French) websites brought so many signatures to the petition! Europeans are SO into Gilmore Girls - we just need to let them know about the petition!

I now have divine's list of German websites and I'm going to try again with the ones that didn't put up the link.

BTW: Vote for Lauren Graham in the lower left hand corner: http://theenvelope.latimes.com/

Hi, I speak Basque,Spanish and Italian. I'm trying to help Divine and Junkie with the lists. But I've been to Madrid to get a visa and I've been studying because I have two exams next week, so I haven't been able to help them just yet.Hopefully I can do something this weekend.
See ya!
Leire

Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: June 15, 2007, 07:49:56 pm »

Does anyone here speak Spanish, Italian, Greek, Dutch, Polish, or any other language and is willing to take on the websites in this particular language? The link on the French (and German, but especially the French) websites brought so many signatures to the petition! Europeans are SO into Gilmore Girls - we just need to let them know about the petition!

I now have divine's list of German websites and I'm going to try again with the ones that didn't put up the link.

BTW: Vote for Lauren Graham in the lower left hand corner: http://theenvelope.latimes.com/

Hi, I speak Basque,Spanish and Italian. I'm trying to help Divine and Junkie with the lists. But I've been to Madrid to get a visa and I've been studying because I have two exams next week, so I haven't been able to help them just yet.Hopefully I can do something this weekend.
See ya!
Leire

Leire,

Divine sent me her list of websites and I just found 5 Italian Websites that weren't on her list.  PM me with your e-mail address and I can send you the sites in Spanish and Italian.  Thanks!

I also have 3 Polish Websites if anyone can write Polish.

Fran
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: June 15, 2007, 08:28:56 pm »

Hey everyone,

Sorry I've been AWOL for the past several days.  For those of you who don't know, my grandfather has dementia and has been in the nursing home and was being verbally and physically abused by some of the attendants.  In addition to taking 12 credit hours in a six week semester and working three jobs, I'm just worn out.

Buuuuttt ...

A few things ...

1.) Participate in the Little Daisy Duke Campaign

-This is a really great thing -- follow Rob's directions.  All money needs to come to me for this.  There are specific donations for price of one unit.  I came up short for stamps and shipping on the banner project and the PR project, by about $28.  I needed about $40 for stamps (four books), and then it ended up being around $12 to ship each banner, plus the cost of the extra paper for the fourth banner at $15.  We had about $75 in donations and it came to about $103, and that's not including the $15 per each of the three banners that I paid for (for paper), the stickers, the ribbon, the decorations, etc.  If we don't have enough money for this campaign, these things simply won't get sent out.  Sad  So please chip in.  And if you're feeling extra generous and want to cover some of the over-flow from the previous projects ... that's be wonderful! Smiley

2.) The Press Release Project

Here are the papers I've sent to, by state.  I am willing to send more -- I have extra stamps from the last book I had to buy. But there are only so many resourced on the internet -- some small hometown papers are unclear on their websites.  If you notice I'm missing a newspaper or magazine, please PM me the name of it and the address and I will send them a press packet ...

Arizona
The Arizonal Republic

California
LA Times
San Francisco Chronicle
Orange County Register

Colorado
Denver Post

Connecticut
Hartford Courant

Washington, D.C.
Washington Post
Washington Times

Florida
Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel
Florida Times-Union
Miami Herald
Orlando Sentinel
Tampa Tribune
Palm Beach Post

Illinois
Chicago Sun-Times
Chicago Tribune

Indiana
Indianapolis Star

Kentucky
Louisville Courier-Journal

Louisiana
New Orleans Times-Picayune

Maryland
Baltimore Sun

Massachusetts
Boston Herald
Boston Globe

Michigan
Detroit News
Detroit Free Press
Grand Rapids Press
Lansing State Journal
Livonia Observer
Farmington Observer

Minnesota
Minneapolis-St. Paul Pioneer Press
Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune

Kansas
Kansas City Star

Missouri
St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Nevada
Las Vegas Sun

New York
New York Post
New York Times
Rochester Democrat and Chronicle

North Carolina
Charlotte Observer
Raleigh News & Observer

Ohio
Cincinnati Post
Cleveland Plain Dealer
Columbus Dispatch

Oklahoma
Oklahoman

Oregon
Oregonian

Pennsylvania
Philadelphia Inquirer
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Rhode Island
Providence Journal-Bulletin

Tennessee
Tennessean

Texas
Dalls Morning News
Ft. Worth Star Telegram
Houston Chronicle

Utah
Salt Lake Tribune

Virginia
Richmond Times-Dispatch

Washington
Seattle Times

Wisconsin
Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

College Papers & Other National Papers
Yale Daily News
USA Today

Magazines
Entertainment Weekly
Seventeen
Teen Magazine
CosmoGIRL!

Like I said, I am willing to send out more press packets -- I have lots of them, it's VERY easy to do.  However, it can be taxing looking up every single paper on the internet.  So if I missed someone or you know a college paper that would be interested, etc., PM me the name of the paper and the address, or the magazine.

So you know the Providence Journal-Bulletin and the Yale Daily News each received special letters in regards to their role on Gilmore Girls.

Alrighty everyone ... I will be back tomorrow to start our Cafepress campaign, so check this out tomorrow evening -- and donate to the LDD campaign.  Refer to Rob's post (page 419 of this thread) if you are confused, or email me!

--Heather

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6282 on: June 15, 2007, 08:35:52 pm »

Now this is more like what I want to see! OK everyone time to do your part and chip in! I'm going to put in more than my share! Don't forget to tell people you know about the daisy donation pool because the more money we gather; the bigger impact we'll make. Advertise both outside the internet AND inside! Go to forum boards and let them know what's going on!

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
mandate_supporter
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 12

View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: June 15, 2007, 10:03:54 pm »

Way, to go, Heather, I'm way impressed!  Sending things to all those papers must have taken a long time, but I'm sure it will end up being well worth it!  Smiley

Everyone is being so creative with their ideas.  I love it!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 10:06:10 pm by mandate_supporter » Logged

Vote for your favorite Gilmore Girls episodes!  http://gilmorevote.blogspot.com/
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: June 15, 2007, 10:13:35 pm »

ALSO, don't forget to vote on the AOL and teavee polls!!! Spend some time this weekend to throw some votes in and support your favorite show on many other levels!

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: