The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 12:37:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765946 times)
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6255 on: June 14, 2007, 07:40:17 pm »

I love the story about the lady at the hair salon! You're right, a lot of adults might not think to check the internet, and people that you would never think of probably love this show! Giving the org some press sounds like a great idea!

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6256 on: June 14, 2007, 08:19:13 pm »

in teavee.com it is a ghost town there. no one really on the mood to vote anymore?? at the moment we r ranked 9th spot with 22775 votes. so do we keep voting here or what???
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6257 on: June 14, 2007, 08:22:03 pm »

Ok i have to join in on the fun...

Season 8 because we need to know what Sookie will name her next child, seeing as she already used all of the names her and Jackson had picked out on Martha. 
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6258 on: June 14, 2007, 08:51:45 pm »

Oh, can I add one?

Season 8: because "Kirk's Wedding" battling "Lorelai's Wedding"... which one will be the next "American Bridezilla Survivor Race Fighter?" Cheesy

That live chat was too long and confusing for me to read but it looks like it was fun! I think she responsed to let us know she's receiving a lot of fan support. I think it's really true and it's being reflected in her interveiws. It makes me excited to see her on Conan O'Brien... that'll be fun to watch and I hope she opens up just a little bit more.

We need to get it through the stupid CW network's head how much we need one more season of Gilmore Girls and how much it will hurt their network if they don't! Especially now that the public is starting to be aware of how big a jerk the CW were on telling them they didn't have a job with GG anymore. I just hope the hurt caused by this action doesn't throw a stick in the wheel if things do start turning.

We have to work together if we have any hope at all of getting what we want! So as far as I'm concerned the whole arguing between members thing isn't helping and it should be put behind us. What should concentraite on are the projects ahead and if you don't want to participate then you can do something else on your own with what people will join you. However, it will still defeat the purpose of us Gilmore Girls fans coming together from all countries, races, sexes and beliefs for something we all believe in. We need to make statements that set us apart from other shows and make obvious connections to this show for all who have seen it. We also need to make a BIG, MONSTEROUS statement that grabs attention.

ETA: Later in the transcript, Lauren asked the audience, "Why do you want a movie? I'm curious. What would you like to see?"

Uh, let's write to Lauren what we want to see in a season 8 and even a 2-hour movie! Which means it's time to post another edition of:

I always make SURE to put those points in my letters not just to her but to Alexis and Dawn. I don't understand why she hasn't received any letters that would point things out to her? Huh Unless she hasn't personally read them herself. In which case, she might really want to start doing that.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 09:53:06 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
poisonusrose28
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

It's like drinking a my little pony...

View Profile
« Reply #6259 on: June 14, 2007, 11:09:09 pm »

i hope shes not dumb and just throws them away  Undecided

support season 8! we must get the show back!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean it....
stracciatella
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #6260 on: June 15, 2007, 02:26:35 am »

@divine and junkie: About those German websites. If you give me a list of the ones you asked to put up the link I can go check whether they did or not. And if they didn't I'd be happy to email them again.

I have noticed that on many websites people are pretty negative about this petition and the Great8Mandate. But they usually don't know any of the important facts! So I'd suggest that, if we notice a bad attitude towards the campaign on a website, we don't just ask the webmaster to put up the link but we explain to him/her why it's still possible to get an 8th season (some even think it's not possible because the sets are being torn down) and why it is important to fight for a movie (many seem to think Amy is definitely going to make one, they don't get that we need to keep up the pressure).
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6261 on: June 15, 2007, 03:17:46 am »

@divine and junkie: About those German websites. If you give me a list of the ones you asked to put up the link I can go check whether they did or not. And if they didn't I'd be happy to email them again.

I have noticed that on many websites people are pretty negative about this petition and the Great8Mandate. But they usually don't know any of the important facts! So I'd suggest that, if we notice a bad attitude towards the campaign on a website, we don't just ask the webmaster to put up the link but we explain to him/her why it's still possible to get an 8th season (some even think it's not possible because the sets are being torn down) and why it is important to fight for a movie (many seem to think Amy is definitely going to make one, they don't get that we need to keep up the pressure).

Divine sent me the list of all the websites they wrote to and who has responded. If you pm me with your e-mail address I can send you the liist of German Websites. It will list the ones that have already answered. Divine has listed about 20 German sites and has down that 11 out of 20 has some type of mention about the petition. You have a good idea about why we should explain that the movie is not set in stone and still possible for a Season 8.
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6262 on: June 15, 2007, 08:24:47 am »

Divine sent me the list of all the websites they wrote to and who has responded.  If you pm me with your e-mail address I can send you the liist of German Websites.  It will list the ones that have already answered.  Divine has listed about 20 German sites  and has down that 11 out of 20 has some type of mention about the petition.  You have a good idea about why we should explain that the movie is not set in stone and still possible for a Season 8.

Yep.  Please remid them what happened to the Angel and Deadwood movies.  As soon as the possibilites of these movies were announced, they were pretty much dead *because* fans took news of these movies for granted and *didn't* keep up the pressure to do them.

And, sure, Lauren soliciting from the GoldDerby.com chat what the fans there would like to see in a 2-hour movie is an encouraging sign, but again, it's still not set in stone -- she's deferring to Amy saying that she's going to do a 2-hour movie "in a year or two."   Lauren may believe that Amy does mean to do a movie in a year or two -- maybe we all do, but once people take for granted that it's supposedly going to happen, it doesn't.  The naysayers also should be reminded that the Pretender movies were greenlit after the cancellation of the series but before the final episodes aired and the Stargate direct-to-DVD movies were greenlit after the cancellation of SG-1 but *long* before the final episodes aired (one or two more episodes have yet to be aired and the D2DVD movies were announced 3-4 months ago) and the upcoming Babylon 5 D2DVD movie being released at the end of July is filming a *decade* after the series ended.  So NO ONE should take the promise of a movie for granted no matter how much you might trust the persons takling about it.  Movie revivals that are greenlit *after* the final episodes have aired -- the Farscape miniseries, the Serenity movie -- happen *because* of relentless continuing fan support for them, period. 

IOW, a GILMORE GIRLS MOVIE HAS NOT BEEN GREENLIT and therefore, promises of one mean nothing until contracts are signed and it begins filming.  Promises are NOT good enough.  We have to campaign and we have to campaign NOW, for as long as it takes for them to SIGN THE CONTRACTS and begin filming.

Use those entire paragraphs word-for-word, sign them from me.

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because we need to see what will happen to Michel when his *other* dog dies.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 08:30:37 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6263 on: June 15, 2007, 08:50:30 am »

From TV Guide.com at:
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Movies-Lauren-Graham/800017018

Per Variety, Lauren Graham and Greg Kinnear are wife and husband in Flash of Genius, a drama about and I do not kid you the inventor of the intermittent windshield wiper and how years of legal woes suffocated his marriage....

---------------------

Rob doth sayeth:  it's a Wife role, so IMO it's probably a small-to-medium-sized role.  She said in her GoldDerby chat that she's already finished a movie with Matthew Perry in which she plays his wife, so, personally, I'm not impressed with the announcement that she's playing at least her third Wife role in a row -- Evan Almighty, the Matthew Perry movie and now this one.   These are roles that are clearly not going to use her talents to the extent that they should -- I think they're take-the-money-and-run roles -- which is IMO one of the reasons why she solicited ideas at the GoldDerby chat for what fans want to see in a Gg movie.  I think maybe she's already bored with those roles and wants Lorelai back.

-- Rob

PS:  Annoucement of new Daisy Campaign (the OTC one) forthcoming.  I'm on my 7th Draft of the letter I'm writing to Lauren and I don't know how to stop tinkering with it.

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because no one should take anything for granted.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 08:51:39 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
gg4life07
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #6264 on: June 15, 2007, 09:22:23 am »

i know you guys probably dont want 2 talk about it, but what if gilmore girls is really over 4ever? will this website crash and burn? Cry Cry

*image made by Sharon aka skftex

~mom you've already given me everything i need~
lalaliz2005
« Reply #6265 on: June 15, 2007, 09:27:50 am »

i know you guys probably dont want 2 talk about it, but what if gilmore girls is really over 4ever? will this website crash and burn? Cry Cry

No, I believe Heidi said she was going to keep the site up as long as people kept coming. I know I will. I love talking to all the different people. GG will live on forever.  Grin
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6266 on: June 15, 2007, 10:38:26 am »

The Petition Project FAQ

1) The purpose of this FAQ is to provide information necessary to get as many people as possible to sign the Gilmore Girls Season 8 petiton at http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate and then to promote the petition as far and as wide as possible.

2)  "I Want to See More of our Gilmore Girls, but why Should I Sign This Petition?  Amy said she wants to do a 2-hour movie in a year or two, so why Should I Support the Campaign For Season 8?"

The answer is an easy one -- just because Amy says she's interested in doing a Gilmore Girls movie in a year or two doesn't mean that it's going to happen.  A GILMORE GIRLS MOVIE HAS NOT BEEN GREENLIT and therefore, promises of one mean nothing until contracts are signed and it begins filming.  Promises are NOT good enough.  We have to campaign and we have to campaign NOW, for as long as it takes for them to SIGN THE CONTRACTS and begin filming anthing from a season 8 of 8-to-13 episodes, a 6-hour miniseries Event (a possible compromise I Just Thunk Up) or even that 2-hour movie that IMO wouldn't be enough onscreen time to tie up all the storylines that were left open (perhaps inadvertently) in the series season finale.

Sure, Lauren soliciting from the GoldDerby.com chat what the fans there would like to see in a 2-hour movie is an encouraging sign, but again, it's still not set in stone -- she's deferring to Amy saying that she's going to do a 2-hour movie "in a year or two."   Lauren may believe that Amy does mean to do a movie in a year or two -- maybe we all do, but once people take for granted that it's supposedly going to happen, it doesn't.  The naysayers also should be reminded that the Pretender movies were greenlit after the cancellation of the series but before the final episodes aired and the Stargate direct-to-DVD movies were greenlit after the cancellation of SG-1 but *long* before the final episodes aired (one or two more episodes have yet to be aired and the D2DVD movies were announced 3-4 months ago) and the upcoming Babylon 5 D2DVD movie being released at the end of July is filming a *decade* after the series ended.  So NO ONE should take the promise of a movie for granted no matter how much you might trust the persons takling about it.  Movie revivals that are greenlit *after* the final episodes have aired -- the Farscape miniseries, the Serenity movie -- happen *because* of relentless continuing fan support for them, period.

3) So sign the petition already at:  http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

4) Circulate the petition and Mandate link through your emal lists, ask your friends to sign the petition, Digg it (more below) and then forward it to other friends

5)  Post the link everywhere you can -- on other message boards having to do with Gilmore Girls, more general shows having to do with Television, MBs dealing with Women's Issues and Women's Rights, or any MB where you either know that there are a lot of Gg fans (even if it's not even remotely Gg or TV-related).  The further away you get from TV-related sites, the more you should please respect the given MBs' policies on Off-Topic Posts.  Some of them don't allow it, some of them DO allow it as long as you start the subject header with the abbreviation OT as in "OT: Please sign the  Save Gilmore Girls Petition."  Please only post such OT posts where you are sure they'll be welcome when it's a non-TV related MB.

6)  Add the petition link and a link to the most current page of this thread to your siggie on ALL message boards you belong to.  ESPECIALLY if it's not a Gg or TV-related MB.  Even if you haven't started an OT thread on that MB, including a link in your siggie may (and often does) get noticed by someone on the given MB who likes the show and *then* that invites thread drift that is better served by then creating an OT thread on that group.  IOW, including the links in your siggie is a great way to test the waters for how discussing the show in that group might or might not be encouraged.  Also, even if no discussion may break out, other posters may follow the link anyway.

7)  Encourage everyone who has signed or will sign the petition to Digg the site or otherwise recommend it to various social networking/news exchange websites -- the petition includes as a matter of automatic function links to over a dozen of these sites, including Digg.  Digg is easy to register for by clicking on the link at the petition, registering and verifying (which is almost instantaneous after filling out the form and clicking on their verification email) and then clicking on the Digg icon on the petition again, sending you to the Digg site, where you'll click "Digg" right underneath the big Digg rating number on the left.  Those of you who have already signed the petition and haven't Digged the petition, please do so.  Digging the petition will help to publicize the petition on Digg, which is among the biggest of these sites and please recommed to other people you know who have signed the petition to go back and Digg it.

Cool  There is no 8.  That's the point.

9) Do as much recruiting as you can to have as many people as you can sign the petition.  The only thing necessary is that the person(s) have their own email address, so you can have as many people in your family sign the peition as you possibly can as long as they have different email addresses.  I would *like* to have somewhere around 10,000 signatures by late next month, while I'm on vacation to Southern California for Comic-Con.  I'm considering delivering the petition in person to at least the three most pertinent offices (Lauren and Alexis's management teams and Dawn Ostroff.

10)  Get them to start posting here at the mandate after they've signed the petition.  They may be scared by the length of this thread -- but just tell them to dive right in because I rotate reposting of the various FAQs as reasonably often as I can in between bouts of eyestrain and migranes Wink .

SHORT-TERM PROJECT: 

Steve Carrell and Lauren Graham To Interview Each Other With Reader-Provided Questions on the Moviefone/Cinematical website at:

http://www.httwww.cinematical.com/2007/06/04/steve-carell-and-lauren-graham-ask-evan-almighty-stars-a-ques/  . 

Even before I posted there (I am #42) somewhere around 60% of the questions readers have asked the actors to ask each other have had something to do with Gilmore Girls, so I have no problem with recommending that that practice continue.    There's only two steps:

1) Register if you're not already registered.  If you have AOL, you're already registered as AOL owns the site.

2) Post your questions in the comments section.  Post them in the format STEVE TO LAUREN to have Steve ask a question of Lauren and LAUREN TO STEVE for vice-versa.  You *can* add links at the end of your question, but the one thing that no one should do is merely post links to the petition or to this website without posting at least one question for one to ask the other, as including only links, no questions, is spam (Sorry, Wonny!)

3) None of that guarantees that many (if any) Gilmore questions might be answered as the actors also get to ask their own questions of each other, but even the major presence of Gilmore questions that has already been established will provide *somebody* with information on how much continued demand for Gg exists, so every Gilmore question helps even if your question doesn't get asked.  These are short interviews, so it's even *likely* that your question(s) won't get asked, but be creative, ask a question that hasn't been asked before or ask an obvious, basic question in an entertaining way.  Be polite, don't fawn or gush with a dumb question like, "Lauren, what does it feel like to be so beautiful?"  Ask a smart question creatively and maybe your question will be picked.

ANNOUNCEMENT:  Lauren Graham Upcoming Talk Show Appearances:

@ The Today Show -- Tuesday morning, June 19th, sometime, probably later during the show, which they'll tease on and on and on throughout the show.  If you live within communte distance of The Today Show studios in NYC/NJ and can do that whatever-they-do stuff in the window behind the anchors or behind Willard Scott or Al Roker doing weather updates out on the street, please go there and hold up whatever Gg signs and/or wear whatever Gg T-Shirts you can make up, like, over this weekend.

@ Late Night with Conan O'Brien -- Friday night, June 22nd, 12:35am ET/PT, 11:35pm CT/MT

So far, there's no one listed at http://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html as a guest for The View on Thursday, June 21st, and Evan Almighty co-stars Steve Carell and Wanda Sykes are booked for the show on Friday morning, June 22nd, so something tells me that since Graham will be in NYC anyway, she might just be on the show one of those two mornings, especially since she'll be in town to do Conan (the show, not the person).

-- Rob

----------------------------
Season 8:  Because if we don't get it, then Skippy's death will have been in vain.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 10:56:14 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
stracciatella
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #6267 on: June 15, 2007, 11:00:05 am »

Does anyone here speak Spanish, Italian, Greek, Dutch, Polish, or any other language and is willing to take on the websites in this particular language? The link on the French (and German, but especially the French) websites brought so many signatures to the petition! Europeans are SO into Gilmore Girls - we just need to let them know about the petition!

I now have divine's list of German websites and I'm going to try again with the ones that didn't put up the link.

BTW: Vote for Lauren Graham in the lower left hand corner: http://theenvelope.latimes.com/
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6268 on: June 15, 2007, 11:28:54 am »

Hooray, the petition just passed 2000 signatures, I think at least a day earlier than it took to get the previous 500 signatures!  Onward and upward!

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because we need to see Lorelai win that darn Dance Marathon trophy and put Kirk in his place!
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #6269 on: June 15, 2007, 12:02:29 pm »

Me and my sister Katinka speak Dutch and we can speak French as well...

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: