The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 02:04:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1764093 times)
stefou83
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #6240 on: June 14, 2007, 03:46:30 pm »

Junkie,

Didn't know you already wrote to them... its all good. It never hurts to hassle them often.

Sign the Great8Mandate Petition: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Because Season 8 should start on Tuesday, January 8th, 2008
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: June 14, 2007, 03:49:18 pm »

Je n'ai fait que proposer les divers sites. Aucune demande n'a été envoyée.
:/

Are there belgium fan on the forum ?

stefou83  Thank you so much for all your help getting the word out about the petition link. Could you please look at the other sites and see if you are able to e-mail the webmaster of the site about the petition link.

So I wrote an English and French E-Mail to these sites bellow, but i'm not sure what will happen since 2 sites are in German and the other i think is in Italian or Spanish. Lets cross our fingers.

www.gilmoregirls.de
www.gilmoregirls-online.de
www.gilmoregirlsweb.altervista.org

If someone on this board speaks German, Spanish or Italian, please send them an E-Mail as well. I think I should get back to work now... Smiley

Thanks!
i speak german and i've already contacted those sites last week. divine found like 60 Gg pages, and she, KuKuLeNiLeNi and i have written to all of them. i don't know if they have received any responses yet because i haven't been online for a while. i only got 4 replies so far... anyway, that's better than nothing. they all have put the petition link to their sites!  Wink thanks for writing to those pages anyway!  Smiley

Do you have a list of the Gilmore Fan  sites you have e-mailed about the Petition Link?  Do you think it might help if members of the board looked at the sites to see if the petition link was posted and if not send another e-mail about the link?  I found some sites but haven't seen a link to the petition.

divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6242 on: June 14, 2007, 03:54:02 pm »

I have a list and I can mail it to you if you want to ... I checked half of the sites earlier but am to tired to do the rest now - so if someone wants to do it - you're welcome  Grin

Some sites haven't been updated for 1-2 years, but there are still visitors - especially ones who are writing in the guestbook .. So I did that myself now for that sites where nobody responded to our mails.

stefou83
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: June 14, 2007, 04:03:48 pm »

stefou83  Thank you so much for all your help getting the word out about the petition link. Could you please look at the other sites and see if you are able to e-mail the webmaster of the site about the petition link.

So I wrote an English and French E-Mail to these sites bellow, but i'm not sure what will happen since 2 sites are in German and the other i think is in Italian or Spanish. Lets cross our fingers.

www.gilmoregirls.de

If someone on this board speaks German, Spanish or Italian, please send them an E-Mail as well. I think I should get back to work now... Smiley

Thanks!
i speak german and i've already contacted those sites last week. divine found like 60 Gg pages, and she, KuKuLeNiLeNi and i have written to all of them. i don't know if they have received any responses yet because i haven't been online for a while. i only got 4 replies so far... anyway, that's better than nothing. they all have put the petition link to their sites!  Wink thanks for writing to those pages anyway!  Smiley

Do you have a list of the Gilmore Fan  sites you have e-mailed about the Petition Link?  Do you think it might help if members of the board looked at the sites to see if the petition link was posted and if not send another e-mail about the link?  I found some sites but haven't seen a link to the petition.

That's actually a great ideal.

Maybe we can have some generic E-mails posted somewhere on the forum from different languages (English, French, Spanish, German, Others...) so when someone finds a site, they can just copy the text and paste it in an E-mail and send. After, they can simply post the site to the list that Frannie suggestion. At the same time, maybe we could get a team to do the research and a team to send out the e-mails.

If someone is uncomfortable sending an E-mail from their account, just PM me with the site and I could do it.

Would this possibly work?

Sign the Great8Mandate Petition: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Nvr2old4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: June 14, 2007, 04:09:34 pm »

Hello!
Rob, I am not quite sure why people are expecting individual responses from the CW, the GG or anyone else.  This is a big fast paced business for these people.  Can anyone count how many times they send a real gift to someone and never get a thank you or a NOTE ? (even in your own extended family?)  This is also a slow process in getting people back to a bargaining table and in a frame of mind to work out the complications.   I saw Lauren on The Tonight Show.  I thought she was a bit nervous.....acted like she wanted to say more but didn't.  I agree that it is finally hitting her that this was a drastic move and a punishment to loyal fans.  What I thought was interesting was the question Jay asked about a "party/celebration."  He was asking about a cast party and she diverted him to the spa story.  Edward Hermann finding out at the video store and Lauren finding out while she was out to dinner is embarassing enough for the CW, let alone never really trying to get the WHOLE cast together for some sort of party (or as much of the cast as possible.)  So, on we go with the letters, e-mails etc., and I think that you organizers of this project are going a great job!

I had an interesting thing happen at the beauty salon this afternoon.  Some were talking about The Soprano ending and the gal  (adult in mid-30's) in the next chair over from me said she never watched The Sopranos but that she cried for 3 days when they canceled GG.  When she went to leave, I told her to visit this site, that there are things going on and that she can help.  Then, it "Dawn"ed on me.......there are alot of people who don't think to search the internet.  This site has so much information and ways to help.  Heck....what is better than FREE ADVERTISEMENT that lots of people can see as they go through their daily lives?  Contacting newspapers is okay but few and fewer people read or have time to read the newspapers these days.

So my "FREE" idea is this.......Get a piece of cardstock, write a little catchy phrase like "WANT SEASON 8 of Gilmore Girls?  www.gilmoregirls.org Great8Mandate" and put it on a window in your car...simple as that.  We all know that bumper stickers are effective...same principle and cheap!

One last thing, Rob,  I think I missed the page where you listed the storylines you would like to see in season 8.  I didn't get a migraine from reading my computer screen...(I am old)...I actually think my vision is going!  Just tell me what page to check back to so that I can be very specific when I change over to snail mail with signature required postage!  Being specific is very important at a time like this!
Thanks so much!
Nvr2old  

(AND "REED FISH" has not made it to my area yet, so when Dave Letterman asked Alexis if it was a hit would it then go nationwide....I don't think he was kidding!!!)

And Rob?  Just for you....  Season8 because Emily bought Rory a dozen pairs of pantyhose for the debuatante ball and Lorelai said that was enough for the dance, 2 graduations, a wedding.etc.,....so she must still have a few pairs around!
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: June 14, 2007, 04:40:53 pm »

www.gilmoregirls.de

Thanks!

Do you have a list of the Gilmore Fan  sites you have e-mailed about the Petition Link?  Do you think it might help if members of the board looked at the sites to see if the petition link was posted and if not send another e-mail about the link?  I found some sites but haven't seen a link to the petition.

That's actually a great ideal.

Maybe we can have some generic E-mails posted somewhere on the forum from different languages (English, French, Spanish, German, Others...) so when someone finds a site, they can just copy the text and paste it in an E-mail and send. After, they can simply post the site to the list that Frannie suggestion. At the same time, maybe we could get a team to do the research and a team to send out the e-mails.

If someone is uncomfortable sending an E-mail from their account, just PM me with the site and I could do it.

Would this possibly work?

I e-mailed Divine to send me the list of sites they already have e-mailed.   See if we can get some members to check them to see if the link is posted. If not, it may be time to send another e-mail. 

We need to keep a list of sites and also need people to research other sites and others to e-mail them.   I have found some sites where there is no link as of today.
I love to research so I will keep looking. 

I love your idea about posting generic e-mails in different languages.  Maybe we could set up a wiki where they can be found.

Please post any ideas you may have.
Catie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: June 14, 2007, 04:47:17 pm »

The way Lauren said something like, "GG movie maybe. Ask Amy," in the chat made me feel a bit better, like it's not something she's ruled out in anyway and that she'd be open to if it comes together. But it also made me think that it's only going to happen if Amy's writing it, which is actually the only way I'd want it at this point. She obviously was interested in how the fans felt about the ending of GG during the chat. All Lauren's comments, and the way Amy's holding onto the last words makes me feel like they're definitely not 100% ok with the end.

I was really excited to read Lauren ask the fans about why they'd want a movie, and I'm glad that the people there actually responded with some good answers about the story lines and the characters. Hopefully she is seeing that the end wasn't as perfect as she might have originally thought. The fact that she said she still hasn't watched the finale says a lot, in my opinion.

I'm really hoping for a movie. Even if it's something short, it's better than nothing, and it feels to me, at this point, that it's the best shot we have at more Gilmore.
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: June 14, 2007, 05:03:41 pm »

Hello!
Rob, I am not quite sure why people are expecting individual responses from the CW, the GG or anyone else.  This is a big fast paced business for these people.  Can anyone count how many times they send a real gift to someone and never get a thank you or a NOTE ? (even in your own extended family?)  This is also a slow process in getting people back to a bargaining table and in a frame of mind to work out the complications.   I saw Lauren on The Tonight Show.  I thought she was a bit nervous.....acted like she wanted to say more but didn't.  I agree that it is finally hitting her that this was a drastic move and a punishment to loyal fans.  What I thought was interesting was the question Jay asked about a "party/celebration."  He was asking about a cast party and she diverted him to the spa story.  Edward Hermann finding out at the video store and Lauren finding out while she was out to dinner is embarassing enough for the CW, let alone never really trying to get the WHOLE cast together for some sort of party (or as much of the cast as possible.)  So, on we go with the letters, e-mails etc., and I think that you organizers of this project are going a great job!

I had an interesting thing happen at the beauty salon this afternoon.  Some were talking about The Soprano ending and the gal  (adult in mid-30's) in the next chair over from me said she never watched The Sopranos but that she cried for 3 days when they canceled GG.  When she went to leave, I told her to visit this site, that there are things going on and that she can help.  Then, it "Dawn"ed on me.......there are alot of people who don't think to search the internet.  This site has so much information and ways to help.  Heck....what is better than FREE ADVERTISEMENT that lots of people can see as they go through their daily lives?  Contacting newspapers is okay but few and fewer people read or have time to read the newspapers these days.

So my "FREE" idea is this.......Get a piece of cardstock, write a little catchy phrase like "WANT SEASON 8 of Gilmore Girls?  www.gilmoregirls.org Great8Mandate" and put it on a window in your car...simple as that.  We all know that bumper stickers are effective...same principle and cheap!

One last thing, Rob,  I think I missed the page where you listed the storylines you would like to see in season 8.  I didn't get a migraine from reading my computer screen...(I am old)...I actually think my vision is going!  Just tell me what page to check back to so that I can be very specific when I change over to snail mail with signature required postage!  Being specific is very important at a time like this!
Thanks so much!
Nvr2old  

(AND "REED FISH" has not made it to my area yet, so when Dave Letterman asked Alexis if it was a hit would it then go nationwide....I don't think he was kidding!!!)

And Rob?  Just for you....  Season8 because Emily bought Rory a dozen pairs of pantyhose for the debuatante ball and Lorelai said that was enough for the dance, 2 graduations, a wedding.etc.,....so she must still have a few pairs around!

NVR2Old

Just remember the body may be old but the spirit is young! Your idea is great and  I would like to expand on it.  I was wondering if anyone knows how to create a web banner to the Petition Link.  If not, I have found a site that lists sites where you can create your own for free.  We can create ones in different languages to be placed at Gilmore Fan Sites.

Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: June 14, 2007, 05:17:46 pm »

i was just wandering?Huh are we still voting on teavee website and save my show website?Huh not much votes are going through?Huh ill keep on voting there until i hear anthing else??? thanks

At the present time no one is there and we r falling behing fast??? if we want gg to come back to us we need to show that we can vote for no 1 spot? Dont u think!!

At the moment we r in 9th Spot votes are 22311.

with 1532 away from no 8 and 330 ahead of no 10.
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: June 14, 2007, 06:19:54 pm »

Just thought all the people voting at teavee.com and worrying we aren't in first place should know that that poll isn't very big. At the end of the month, they reset the numbers anyway so we are voting pearly for pride.

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
stefou83
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6250 on: June 14, 2007, 06:23:43 pm »

Ann: I just voted on both websites you mentioned.

Because Season 8 should start on Tuesday, January 8th, 2008.  Smiley

ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: June 14, 2007, 06:24:54 pm »

We're really falling behind on Teavee!!  Help!!! Embarrassed

Just a heads up..
  IMHO, you guys should put links to the polls you mention in your posts.  Otherwise, people like me who don't have the links saved have to go back to other pages to find them.  Wink
   But thanks for keeping us updated.  Great job!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 06:33:45 pm by ChocolatGilmore » Logged

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
EmilyCaroline
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #6252 on: June 14, 2007, 06:28:57 pm »

oops! sorry. lol.

http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: June 14, 2007, 06:37:10 pm »

Oh, can I play too?   Grin
  Season 8:  Because we all know Miss Patty and Taylor have something going on...

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: June 14, 2007, 06:49:24 pm »

Oh, can I play too?   Grin
  Season 8:  Because we all know Miss Patty and Taylor have something going on...

Heck yes!

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: