The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 02:59:49 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733652 times)
crazymonkey
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -2

View Profile
« Reply #6195 on: June 13, 2007, 07:09:18 pm »

I have a total of 4 posts, not counting this one. Can someone quote any of my posts that were insulting to rob or anyone?

All I did was offer my feelings about the Mandate campaign, i.e. that it is not working and someone should come up with something better other than status quo. How is this rude or insulting? I want a season 8 as much as anyone here.
crazymonkey
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: June 13, 2007, 07:15:43 pm »

<<<So you complained about hating to spend money, yet it's okay to send money through your idea?  We already tried things similiar to this idea at the beginning of the campaign but it ended up without any responses the same as the daises. Also, while giving to charity is important it's not sending a statement how much the show/CW needs an 8th season.>>>

Find me the post where I said I hate to spend money. I hate the idea of spending money on badly run campaigns, which is what some of us are doing now, possibly daily I might add.

Since most of us are in agreement that the chances for a new chances are slim and that all the daisies or packages were most likely never received by the intended recipients, why not put it to better use by donating it to a charity? Even if we don't get acknowledgements for our gifts, at least we know it went for a good cause, rather than ended up at the bottom of the recycling bin.
gimoregirls1992ab
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: June 13, 2007, 08:02:08 pm »

If Rob is the de facto leader of the campaign and he is trying to keep it strong, I have to say he is doing a horrible job.

So far, under Rob's "leadership", money and much time has been spent and NO ONE has heard a single utter from the producers/actors/janitors of the show or given hints that the show revival is under consideration. Rob has mentioned bigger plans but just what is he waiting for? The longer this thing takes, the less likely the show will come back.

By the by, for those who has written letters or send flowers, have you receieved confirmation or a letter of gratitude that your gift was received? How do we know they were recieved by the intended recipient and are not being piled up and discarded somewhere?

there you go crazymonkey, both quotes in one....

It's hard to wait around for something that you
know might never happen but its even
harder to give up especially when its
everything that you ever wanted....
tsmurphygirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: June 13, 2007, 08:13:37 pm »

Whew!  I could cut the tension with a knife in here.  It's obvious that frustration is starting to set in, but keep in mind that this could take awhile.  The CW has shows already lined up for the fall that they are trying to concentrate on and the actresses (you know who I'm talking about) are still decompressing from this last season.  I just watched the Tonight show that I Tivo'd and wow....looks like reality is setting in with Lauren now.  Her interview has totally changed and it almost seemed sad, you could see it and hear it in her voice.  Sounds to me like she may be regretting her decision to stick with Alexis; who knows, maybe it's starting to hit Alexis too - hard to tell with veiled interviews.  I also think we really need to keep working the CW and writers/producers.  It's apparent to me (being the rude way they were told the show was over) that the cast may feel they can't make the call or get the ball rolling on their own; especially since the CW thew the towel in.  I think after the fall season gets started, if we still have a voice and the fans continue to want more GG, the CW will be kicking themselves and try to find something to make it work.  

Just for giggles I had a funny thought of the CW coming up with a spinoff called "Danes Boys" and of course Luke and Lorelai have a baby boy and it focuses on Luke being a dad.  And, of course Zack and his twin boys (since Luke is their godfather.)  Too funny!  Wouldn't need Alexis for that now would you???*hee hee*

All jokes aside, I think we need to keep doing what we're doing.  We need to let everyone know we're in it to win it!!!!
Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: June 13, 2007, 08:19:47 pm »

i agree, we certainly need to keep going and be strong, keep the votes up in all voting sites, email and mailing, whatever it takes to make CW big back the best show on earth.
Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: June 13, 2007, 08:26:37 pm »

just updating on voting for teavee. we have now lost our #8 spot to BUFFY. Bummer
We r now Ranking #9 with 21223 votes, 279 away from $8 and 307 ahead of #10. we need help to beat BUFFY once again.

On Save my Show it is 97% 23819 votes for girlmore girls. we need more votes for both sites if we r going to show CW we mean business and wnt GG to come back full swing.
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: June 13, 2007, 08:40:36 pm »

This is seriously ticking me off! All anti-S8/anti-Rob get out!!! We have said it before and we will say it again! Leave your negativity outside of this thread cause we do not need it here! What is your guys problem?! It's bad enough you guys are coming in here dissing our campaign but now you guys are going so far as to diss an individual person?! What has Rob done to you? All he has been doing for the past 4 months is help try to save a show we all want more of and care for DEEPLY and try to keep everyones spirits high and in my opinion, he has succeeded majorly!

I'm late getting in here today, but...
  Here, here!  I agree, go_clo.   And how many times do we have to say this???   
  Chin up, folks.  We're putting energy into something we believe and IMO that means something.  It really does.   

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
crazymonkey
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: June 13, 2007, 08:42:02 pm »

If Rob is the de facto leader of the campaign and he is trying to keep it strong, I have to say he is doing a horrible job.

So far, under Rob's "leadership", money and much time has been spent and NO ONE has heard a single utter from the producers/actors/janitors of the show or given hints that the show revival is under consideration. Rob has mentioned bigger plans but just what is he waiting for? The longer this thing takes, the less likely the show will come back.

By the by, for those who has written letters or send flowers, have you receieved confirmation or a letter of gratitude that your gift was received? How do we know they were recieved by the intended recipient and are not being piled up and discarded somewhere?

Saying someone is doing a horrible job is not an insult; it is an assessment of performance. Calling someone an A-hole will be an insult. Other than the first line, I have stated facts. Fact: mucn money and time has been spent by many. Fact: No one here can confirm our efforts are received and appreciated. Fact: no one related to the show can confirm considerations are under way to bring back a shortened season. Fact: Rob has proclaimed that he has bigger plans but is putting them off. I gave the opinion that I'm scratching my head over why he is procrastinating when the current situation is so dire. How is any of this rude or insulting?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 08:44:05 pm by crazymonkey » Logged
crazymonkey
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: June 13, 2007, 08:48:33 pm »

if we can get each person to donate $5 (instead of spending it on daisies) and if we can get 1000 persons to do that, we'd have raised $5000. Once $5000 is raised, heidi or someone can hand a check to the charity on BEHALF of Lauren Graham or Alexis Biedel.  DDoesn't anyone think we will get some press coverage when we proclaim a bunch of GG fans have raised $5000 to donate to LG's or AB's favorite charity?
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6204 on: June 13, 2007, 09:19:53 pm »

Please don't double post; if you want to add to your pearls of wisdom, just hit 'modify'... 

I just watched LG's Tonight's Show spot; I think Evan Almighty will be big for her, but she does seem quite sad about how GG ended. (obviously, we have been for months.) I'll keep saying it: Mandate on! And my husband brings home good money, so if I want to chip in $5 or $10 on reviving a television show that this stay at home mom literally would plan her entire week around then I have every right to do that (Sanity is sacred!!  Grin You have no idea how sad I am that I don't have my tuesday nights anymore... where's my "ME" time?!) - anyone who thinks its a waste of time should just be quiet and start their own "Whine about the G8M topic"...

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: June 13, 2007, 09:27:55 pm »

Oh, CrazyMonkey. You critisize our campaign, yet you try to get us to go with your ideas?  Besides that, I just don't get what giving money to charity can do to give us an 8th season - which is what we're trying to do here. And you have obviously put us down. Saying Rob is doing a horrible job is just uncalled for. Oh and by the way, when you said "no one can confirm our efforts are being appreciated", look at Lauren Graham interviews. Yeah.

*sigh* It's a shame that some people just can't be positive.

Don't get down mandaters -  FIGHT! Do whatever you can!  Grin

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
EmilyCaroline
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: June 13, 2007, 09:29:09 pm »

http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

everyone needs to KEEP voting on teavee!!  we're definitely falling behind!
Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: June 13, 2007, 09:38:21 pm »

i agree, if we r really behind our girls, then lets all to our best and vote more on teavee. Buffy is slaughtering us, they took over 8th spot and now mcleods are now closing in on us. We all need to kick some serious butt here guys. HELP, we need it now??? thanks gg fans
crazymonkey
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: June 13, 2007, 09:42:10 pm »

Oh, CrazyMonkey. You critisize our campaign, yet you try to get us to go with your ideas?  Besides that, I just don't get what giving money to charity can do to give us an 8th season - which is what we're trying to do here. And you have obviously put us down. Saying Rob is doing a horrible job is just uncalled for. Oh and by the way, when you said "no one can confirm our efforts are being appreciated", look at Lauren Graham interviews. Yeah.

*sigh* It's a shame that some people just can't be positive.

Don't get down mandaters -  FIGHT! Do whatever you can!  Grin

Right now, I'm very concerned that no one from the show is acknowledging the daisies campaign or letter writing or know of our existence. In other words, our voice are not being heard. By setting up a charity fund on behalf of the show's actors, the actors will be notified of our existence when they are contacted by the charity itself that a donation is being made on their behalf. Besides, I'm confident that we will get press coverage from this.

Before our voices are heard, the powers that be must know of our existence. Right now, it feels like we are operating in the void.
EmilyCaroline
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: June 13, 2007, 09:46:51 pm »

the cw is very much aware of the Great8Mandate.  That's all i'm gonna say.
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: