The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 08:04:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1762440 times)
laaauren
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #6180 on: June 13, 2007, 03:03:46 pm »

Hey.
Im not here to be mean or anything, I just have a question, pls donīt get me wrong! I support the stuff you do and I also was soo sad when I heard that GG will be over. I soo wanted to have a 8 season..
..but I read many Interviews, Lauren Graham is burned out, donīt want to do this anymore, AB thinks the same.
I mean, d u really want to see Gilmore Girls in a 8 season with unhappy actresses?
I mean, sure, they will play a happy Lorelai and a happy Rory but isnīt it more important that Lauren and Alexis are happy?
Donīt get me wrong! I am just interested what you think and I hope you will answer me!
I really hope there will come a movie, that would be great!- Our chances are really good, officially statements of all -> that they really want to do that in about 2 years.
I hope you donīt get me wrong and I canīt wait to read your opinions to know how u feel/think.

CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: June 13, 2007, 03:07:31 pm »

I feel real bad for those who have spend an inconsiderable time and hard earned money sending gifts, writing petitions, etc and not even getting some form of acknowledgements from the intended recipients.

If Rob or anyone has a bigger plan to get us a Season 8, he/she should do it now. It's ironic that Rob is spending so much time writing his great treatise on why he didn't have time to proceed onto a bigger plan. Are we all sitting around waiting for Godot?
Just want to say that everything "Gilmore girls" is Warner brothers property. Even if Amy wants to do a movie, WB has to be up for it.

And Rob, I think you should calm down a little bit. The Mandate was a cool iniative by heidi and you try to morph it into total obsession.
If Rob is the de facto leader of the campaign and he is trying to keep it strong, I have to say he is doing a horrible job.

So far, under Rob's "leadership", money and much time has been spent and NO ONE has heard a single utter from the producers/actors/janitors of the show or given hints that the show revival is under consideration. Rob has mentioned bigger plans but just what is he waiting for? The longer this thing takes, the less likely the show will come back.

By the by, for those who has written letters or send flowers, have you receieved confirmation or a letter of gratitude that your gift was received? How do we know they were recieved by the intended recipient and are not being piled up and discarded somewhere?

You should seriously just get off of this board.
Rob is supporting this cause fully. Why is that bad?
Heidi also fully supported it. Do you want to attack her too?
And you should not feel sorry for the people spending their money.
Its their choice to use it. Rob is simply telling them what they can do with it.

Hey.
Im not here to be mean or anything, I just have a question, pls donīt get me wrong! I support the stuff you do and I also was soo sad when I heard that GG will be over. I soo wanted to have a 8 season..
..but I read many Interviews, Lauren Graham is burned out, donīt want to do this anymore, AB thinks the same.
I mean, d u really want to see Gilmore Girls in a 8 season with unhappy actresses?
I mean, sure, they will play a happy Lorelai and a happy Rory but isnīt it more important that Lauren and Alexis are happy?
Donīt get me wrong! I am just interested what you think and I hope you will answer me!
I really hope there will come a movie, that would be great!- Our chances are really good, officially statements of all -> that they really want to do that in about 2 years.
I hope you donīt get me wrong and I canīt wait to read your opinions to know how u feel/think.

I'm going to let someone else explain this. Because I cannot form words.
But I do know that the movie is NOT a definate.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: June 13, 2007, 03:25:20 pm »

Hey.

Well basically what this campaign is fighting for is an 8th season. None of us care when we get it and/or how long we have to wait, we just want it. I'm sure most of us would be happy to let the cast rest for a year or so before we get another season. I for one would be more then happy to let the cast have a break for however long they feel like taking a break for, I just want to know I will see them as Lorelai and Rory Gilmore again. I want something to look forward too and waiting possibly 2 years for a 2 hour tv movie isn't enough for me. Doesn't seem fair to us to have to wait that long for something so small. I of course would welcome a movie with open arms but I want something more. btw I loooooove your sig! Shocked

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: June 13, 2007, 03:27:39 pm »

Hey.

First of all, making a Gilmore Girls movie have never been set in stone by anyone. The only word of that came in an interview between Micheal Ausiello and Amy-Sherman Pallidino. Nothing since then has really been mentioned. Pretty much unless this campagine stays stong, the prospects of either a seasson 8 or a movie is slim to none......more the none. And as for you reading intervies and saying Lauren Graham is burn out, I'm tring to figure out what interviews your reading. Lauren Graham I know she said that she thought the show ended in natural place, but never that she was burn out. In fact she there there was a good chnce she would be going back for an eighth season. And if you watched her interview with Leno last night you would have heard her say, basically that the way it ended for the actors was sad. None of them got to say goodbye, a how some found out about the series being canceled from video store clerks. As for Alexis Bledel, I'll be honest I haven't seen many of her interviews, but Rory's character was a big part of her life and I'm sure we could talk her into come back happily mid season, for a proper farewell. As for all the other actors, they all thought an 8th season was in their future. Kelly Bishop even said somthing about how at the end of the series season finale script there were several dots, (You know saying there would be more to the story) rather than a period, saying it was over.

I'm sorry to rant, but I'm tring to get the point across that all the actresses of GG, had thopught a season 8 wasin there future. IMO the intervies Lauren Graham has given has not for one second gave any king of sign she was burnt out. I think more than anything she insiuated that she thought the series was coming to a natural ending,(which, I do agree with it was just a season to early) however she still was willing at one time to do an 8th season.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: June 13, 2007, 03:45:48 pm »

Hey, if anyone wants to know, Lauren w/ Jay Leno is finally on youtube!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wnAzJs7nr2s

Another thing - to the users purposely putting a damper on our spirits, can you not do that?  That'd be great, thanks.

laaauren~ I get what your saying! I was hoping that maybe by the time they would maybe film a movie or 8th season, the actors would be missing GG and really want to do it. Lauren seems up for a movie, Alexis kinda does, and all the rest of the cast wants to do it. So considering the movie, I don't think they would be sad doing it.

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: June 13, 2007, 04:34:29 pm »

Oh, look what happens.  I go shopping for three hours and a conversation breaks out.

@ StarsHollw Girl -- All people who run show revival campaigns are obsessed with the given show, so it's pointless for you to say, more or less, that the sky is blue.

@ Crazymonkey -- Nobody here is actually under any illusions.  The show was, in fact, cancelled.  The thing that makes it not comparable to the Jericho situation or the Veronica Mars situation is that Gilmore Girls wasn't cancelled due to ratings -- it was cancelled because contract negotiations fell apart.  Michael Ausiello of TV Guide described Lauren as being "more amenable" to coming back than Alexis (ie: read between the lines -- Lauren wanted to come back but Alexis was burnt out and said no -- or in one version of the rumor, rejected the 13-episode contract that was drawn up and delivered to them and sent back a demand for an 8-episode season.  The network balked and wouldn't do the show for anything less than 13-episodes and Alexis wouldn't do that many episodes and Lauren wouldn't do the show without Alexis.

One of the reasons that you haven't seen any big projects is, frankly, you haven't been here long enough and have missed several campaigns that we've already done.  They were low-key and I didn't press them to be any higher key because 1) the cancellation of the show was so abrupt and so close to the airing of the finale due to the up and down nature of the collapsed negotiations that there was no sense in starting the campaign in earnest until the series season finale aired.  By that time, Jericho was well into its peanuts campaign anyway, so it wouldn't have done us any good to try to compete with Sci-Fi fandom, which has 40 years of revival campaign experience under its belt and no interest in Gilmore Girls, for the press attention.  One show revival at a time.  Then Veronica Mars's revival campaign lasts about 20 seconds, so we've pretty much got the rest of the next few months to ourselves to campaign for a new season or movie.

Also, you're very mistaken about the way this campaign is organized.  It's a grassroots campaign, which means that it's a democracy -- I'm the middle of nowhere, literally, in Central Missouri.  Heather's in Michigan, Heidi's in the greater Los Angeles area (to vague it up) and other posters here are all over the country.  What happens is that if someone comes up with an idea, they're generally the one who leads that given idea.  I headed one half of the Daisy campaign (the do-it-yourself half) and I've spearheaded the petitioin drive with my project partner, britni.  Beyond that, we've got Jillian contacting advertisers and it's through her work that we found out that Kellogg's was "disappointed" (their word) with the cancellation of the show.  Heather and I have been confabbing about a major campaign (one of the obvious big ones) that will be unveiled around Friday or so.

Also, you've made the very silly mistake of assuming that any of us are in it for any acknowledgement other than getting either 1) season 8 as an midseason replacement of 8-to-13 episodes or 2) a TV movie.  Lauren has acknowledged on The Tonight Show already that she appreciates the fan response that she's been getting -- and anyone with an ounce of common sense would realize that given that she'd be receiving a flood of letters even if the show *weren't* cancelled, the expectation of a response to any letters or flowers would be unrealistic.  It's entirely possible, but again, not something to hold your breath about.

I emphasize:  the goal isn't a letter from any of the actors (althought that would be great if it were to happen), the goal is to get a real ending to the series greenlit, period.  The campaign doesn't end until the end of the show is greenlit, period, until news that the interiors of the various remaining sets (half of them were going to be torn down anyway at the end of this season because the show would no longer need them for a season 8 -- Yale, Logan's sets, Rory and Paris's apartment, etc.) are in the process of being rebuilt and scripts are being written.  That's how long the campaign goes on for.

The whole point is to keep on doing the campaigning *regardless* of the lack of response, to be persistent and in doing so, to time our campaign so that we're NOT lost among a sea of other campaigns.  Now Jericho has succeeded and Veronica Mars fans have begrudgingly accepted that their campaign was a lost cause all along (due to ratings so bad it never had any chance whatsoever for renewal).  This campaign is not about getting any sort of personal gratification from it -- it's about getting the show renewed, to get it a real ending, period.  We're not resting on the laurels of "Oh, Amy said she wants to do a movie in a year or two" because that's just blowing smoke -- remember those Angel movies and Deadwood movies that were supposed to happen?   They didn't.  And it's because their fandoms *settled* for just the *promise* of the movies rather than fighting for them until they were actually greenlit.

And need I remind you that the Browncoats and the Farscapers campaigned for *months* after their shows were cancelled to get their endings.  They didn't give up just because Trolls like you said give up, you're crazy.  They went on.  They made mistakes, learned from them and continued on with their campaigns.  So lesson learned:  there's no reason for us to stop campaigning whatsoever.

That Lauren herself said in her chat at GoldDerby.com last night that she felt that what they tried to do -- give every character a moment, was ultimately too much for the episode to bear indicates that she has *far* more mixed feelings about the season finale and far more positive feelings about continuing the show than she has previuosly let on.  She's a team player and does try to do the general spin to stay on good terms with the given studio, but after a while she, like other actors, decides that spinning is no longer necessary and so she's letting more and more of her true feelings about the abrupt, unexpected end of the show out as even this *little* time has passed since the season finale aired.  (Not even a month ago at this writing.)  As a direct result of both her Tonight Show appearance and her chat at GoldDerby.com, I've finally carved out enough time to write my own letter to Graham, followed by one to Bledel and others to Ostroff and the Palladinos. 

If you've got any better ideas on how to handle it -- unfortunately for you, you've blown it because your hostile tone makes it impossible for anyone here to trust you.  That is, if you even *had* any intent beyond Trolling.  I suppose that if you were really serious, you would have PM'd me first rather than attack me publicly, but y'know, you're a Troll.  PMing isn't what you do.

@ Everybody else, thanks for the support again, but please, the next time a buzzkill shows up, just click on the "report to moderator" button at the lower right corner of the offending post and Heidi will take care of it as soon as she can.

-- Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because revival is the goal.
laaauren
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: June 13, 2007, 04:45:57 pm »

Hey.

Well basically what this campaign is fighting for is an 8th season. None of us care when we get it and/or how long we have to wait, we just want it. I'm sure most of us would be happy to let the cast rest for a year or so before we get another season. I for one would be more then happy to let the cast have a break for however long they feel like taking a break for, I just want to know I will see them as Lorelai and Rory Gilmore again. I want something to look forward too and waiting possibly 2 years for a 2 hour tv movie isn't enough for me. Doesn't seem fair to us to have to wait that long for something so small. I of course would welcome a movie with open arms but I want something more. btw I loooooove your sig! Shocked

Hi. Thank you!
When I saw the pic of the rebuilded diner, I cried inside. Just some weeks ago, I visited the set and Gilmore Girls was still alive,..
(I was there when they made the 2nd last episode!)

Sf49rminer
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #6187 on: June 13, 2007, 05:18:28 pm »

Question: Since they are still running GG reruns, does anyone think that if the ratings are decent it will help the cause??

Its a good fix for me until season 7 comes out on DVD and I was just wondering if anyone had any gut instinct on how much it will help.
Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #6188 on: June 13, 2007, 05:38:22 pm »

@ Rob - VERY well said! Bravo!  High Five

And I was also wondering how much watching re-runs would help (on the CW and ABC Family). I watch them every chance I get anyway. Tongue

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: June 13, 2007, 05:51:49 pm »

so i have posted in awhile, we had a long weekend and very bad weather?? floods, etc. Just trying to catch up on everything. r we still voting on save my show?? just wondering?? did not change much over a long weekend, and r we still voting teavee. if so, ill do more voting in these spots. still sending mail, but no replies as yet.
crazymonkey
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -2

View Profile
« Reply #6190 on: June 13, 2007, 06:13:00 pm »

After all the letter writing and gift sending, no one from the show has acknowledge our existence. We have a better shot of ending the Iraq war if we continue our failed strategy.

New plan: A while ago, someone suggested that we send money to Alexis to make up for her failed pay raise increase. This isn't a bad idea but unreaslistic and logically illegal in some states.

Now, we should set up a fund (called it the Great8Mandate Fund), pooled our money, and donate it to a charity endorsed by LG or AB or whoever associated with the cast. With our donation, we will state that we are donating the money on behalf of "xxx" and our organization's purpose. We will aslo request that the charity send the acknowledgemt letter to the person we send on our behalf.

This idea works twofold. One, our money and resources will be send to a charity rather than to some faceless secretary who probably dump our letters and gifts on a desk somewhere. Two, the beneficiary (LG, AB,.etc.) of our fund will be alerted to our goodwill and our organization purpose.

I'm now opened to criticisms and input from anyone.
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6191 on: June 13, 2007, 06:27:08 pm »

Crazymonkey-  Thats not a bad idea.  Instead of attacking everyone, especially Rob, perhaps you should have just spoken up about your ideas.  We all input ideas and thoughts and are open to new suggestions.  We are trying to keep things positive here because we know how unlikely it is that this will work.  So please, if you dont have anything useful to add, just dont bother.
Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6192 on: June 13, 2007, 06:35:03 pm »

been voting awhile now on teavee, been on my own voting through about 10 votes or so, it now stands at 20982 we r ranked #8, 4859 away from #7, 182 ahead of #9, #9 are catching up pretty fast here, we were 208 ahead now we r 182 ahead, they r closing in on us. thought u would love an update. sorry if already been updated.
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6193 on: June 13, 2007, 06:40:00 pm »

Actually, I think the reality of what the end of the show in the way it did is starting to weight heavier on Lauren as it goes further along. When the series finale aired and she gave interveiws she said; it was sad but it was right for the show. But now several interviews later, her responses have changed to show her disappointment and worries. In the Jay interveiw I kept on getting the impression she wanted to say how she really felt but was afraid. I think she's starting to realize now that GG is over she's going to be struggling to make it later on in the year. Alexis is young and so she has more opportunities but Lauren is older and its going to be much harder for her to land gigs. I think Lauren really needs a little bit more for Gilmore Girls so she can be able to figure out what direction she should go for and have time to end things right. That way she can truly move on and not be stuck where she is.

I think calling out Rob as a type of bandit was totally uncalled for. It's not his fault we don't know what's going on because unless someone here actually works for the CW or is one of the actors/production people involved with the show we're still not going to receive responses. What we really need is to do something DRASTIC and BIG to put our campaign in the spotlight it deserves. While letters and tying up the phone lines are good ways to show public opinions; I think at this point it's just annoying people and not getting us anywhere. Contacting advertisers has been more effective than the letter writing and that's sad. While I love the Daisy Campaign I really think we should've started collecting money to send a gigantic/monsterous volume at the VERY beginning. Because sending individual daisies at different times/days is less effective and is more of a "congratulations" impression then a "Bring GG back!" one. This is the majority of the reason why many newspapers/magazines are not publishing articles about our plight. I do like the polyester daisies idea. Not only will they be less expensive but they will also last longer in case it takes a couple of weeks for them to get to the actors through their agents. However, like I mentioned before; we need to take up a collection to send an over-blown, massive statement how badly we want an eighth season. We need to get the ball rolling on this plan ASAP and start the collection so we can send them before it's too late to gather all the production crew and actors.

A bump in the road is the fact that Amy is moving to NYC because we can't send letters to her in California... we won't know if they actually would forward them down to her. We need to find a new sending address for her and we also need to confirm somehow that the mailing addresses to the actresses via their agents are working by requesting autographs.

The advertisers have no idea what's going on either. They seemed to have been on board for an eighth season and are just as disappointed as we are.

We shouldn't just be depending on the whole 2hr movie thing and I knew it was up in the air from the very beginning. Amy didn't seem to know HOW to get that ball running and WHEN she was going to start. With her new shows, projects and moving; I'm sure it's far on her most important list at the moment. I agree we still need to concentrait on a shortened 8th season from the CW or another network affliated with the CW.

Now, we should set up a fund (called it the Great8Mandate Fund), pooled our money, and donate it to a charity endorsed by LG or AB or whoever associated with the cast. With our donation, we will state that we are donating the money on behalf of "xxx" and our organization's purpose. We will aslo request that the charity send the acknowledgemt letter to the person we send on our behalf.
So you complained about hating to spend money, yet it's okay to send money through your idea? Huh We already tried things similiar to this idea at the beginning of the campaign but it ended up without any responses the same as the daises. Also, while giving to charity is important it's not sending a statement how much the show/CW needs an 8th season.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 06:54:46 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6194 on: June 13, 2007, 06:55:52 pm »

we r losing our ranking of no8, Buffy is kicking some butt in teavee. they have just over 100 before they overtake us. we need heaps of votes here and quickly, to kick some butt too and bet them. gg's are too important to lose to them. LOL
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: