The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 07:56:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732196 times)
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6165 on: June 13, 2007, 12:02:09 am »

Can anybody post the video (if you have it) of Lauren Graham last night in Jay Leno show please?
I'd really like to see it and can't find it anywhere. (it's 9am in here, most of you are asleep now..but anyway).

I'd be very grateful!
Leire

go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: June 13, 2007, 12:53:00 am »

I just got back from the CW boards and it appears that LG had a live chat at 10PM earlier tonight. Did anyone here know about this or was there? Apparently too many people were talking all at once so she barely had time to answer questions.

Yes I knew about it, it was for THIS site, the one you mentioned Rob, the GoldDerby! Not The CW forums. I went on the chat and was there when Lauren arrived but was booted by the mod cause I was only a guest and guests can't write anything, just read. See last year they were letting everyone, including guests, go on and chat. They ended up with so many crazed fans, they had to cancel the chat cause there were too many people there and the site overloaded and Lauren ended up not being able to get on so this year, they made it so that only regular posting members could chat. The guy who set it up made sure not to advertise the chat too much to prevent too many people joining just to chat with Lauren. They had a good amount of people, 65 to 70 and she still couldn't answer all of there questions cause they were asking them too fast. She answered a good amount though and was extremely sweet and funny, I tried to get people to ask if she got the bouqet of Dasies from The Great8Mandate for but noone did, you can read the transcript HERE (credit to Nadine [gossipcom] for it) and if you go to fanforums LG appreciation board, there is a thread dedicated to it and everyone was chatting on that thread and updating the members that couldn't get on about what she was saying and what was going on. Interesting conversation went on! Enjoy. Smiley

Season 8:† Because Edward Herrmann should get to rent as many videos from the video store that he wants.† If I worked at a video store, I would heartily recommend to him that he pick up The Cat's Meow or Harry's War or The Lost Boys.† Or maybe he's seen those movies before.† I dunno.† Oh, and if he's into TV, there's always The Practice.† Lindsay Dole's murderous former professor was a real pip to watch.† Grin

haha of course he has seen The Lost Boy's, he was in it. Cheesy

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6167 on: June 13, 2007, 01:00:44 am »

Rob's Great 8 Mandate Welcome Post and Mail Primer

For those of you who are new to the Great 8 Mandate Thread, Welcome!  I know that a lot of you are wondering what you can do to help try to convince the CW to uncancel Gilmore Girls.  Well, heck -- Amy Sherman-Palladino has voiced interest in doing a 2-hour movie, and Scott Patterson, Kelly Bishop and Liza Weil have all three voiced reservations about the season finale being a series finale -- so it's clear that no matter how much time is passing, most people that are most important to the show (some of whom have even left the show) *do* want to keep it going.  So that's all the more reason to keep going, full speed ahead.   This post is about voicemail, email and snail mail.  Hereís what you can do:

1)  SIGN THE GREAT 8 MANDATE PETITION AT http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate
  Jericho did about 114K signatures on their online petition in somewhere around a month's time.  Given that we just started and it takes time for the news of the petition to reach the various parts of Gg fandom it willl take time and your recruitment efforts to get it up to a reasonable goal.  Given Jericho's ratings (a bit more than twice what Gg's average is), I think that we, as fans of a top-rated show on a smaller network, should be able to raise well into the five-figures in about a month.  Post the petition link on message boards far and wide, put them into your sigs on non-Gg MBs, do the facebook-myspace stuff and spread the word by email.  Include a short note of "I signed the petition, please sign it, too."

SPECIAL NOTE:  Let the people you talk to know that signing the petition means that you simply want Gg to resolve in some way. If you think that it should finish with 13 episodes, which is our goal here, then great!  If you want only a 2-hour movie or think that a 2-hour movie is all that Gg fans can get, then great, too!  No one should be made to feel left out of signing the petition just because of what they think we can get!  Your signature can be accompanied by a comment, so you should mention your feelings and goals there!

OTHER SPECIAL NOTE:  Whether you've already signed the petition or are about to sign the petition, please click on the "Digg" social bookmarking link on the petition page -- you might have to register for Digg, but the registration process is fast and simple.  You may have to click on the Digg link at the petition again after registering, but in any case, once you get to the Season 8 petition page on Digg at:  http://digg.com/celebrity/The_Gilmore_Girls_Season_8_Petition , please click on the "Digg' button underneath the large ranking button at the left hand side of the screen and your Digg vote will be entered.  Then please spread the word about the petition and the Digg link.

2)  SEND SNAIL MAIL:

Handwriting is fine if your penmanship is good because it's such a personal form of communication.  Otherwise, typing and signing and mailing by snail mail is the single BEST way to contact them.  They expect to be deluged with email and voicemail and that helps as far as it goes, but the amount of effort that it takes to write/type a letter on paper and send it in an envelope always  makes a bigger impression than email and voicemail and the like.  There's a rule of thumb that floats about in various media industries that every individual piece of correspondence that's written on paper and delivered by mail represents the sentiments of at least 7 other people.  So if literally tens of thousands of pieces of snail mail are received, that's going to make a MUCH bigger impact on them than electronic forms of mail.

There are various addresses you can send your correspondence to, which are posted on page 1 of the thread, but IMO, the people who have the most potential to help are IMO, Lauren, Alexis and the CWís President of Entertainment, Dawn Ostroff, who is the nexus of all network realities at the CW.  They can be contacted at the following addresses:

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Email:  Michael Flutie: [email protected]
Email:  Paul M. Brown:  [email protected]

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002
Email: [email protected]
or post your comments at the Lounge at www.cwtv.com

Peter Roth
President, Warner Brothers Television
300 Television Plaza
Burbank, CA 91505

Amy Sherman-Palladino
c/o Creative Artists Agency
2000 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067

As the series season finale has passed, email and voicemail can become handy, but don't discount Snail Mail as the network and actors will always take Snail Mail more seriously than any other form of correspondence.  Snail Mail has become even more important now that the Upfronts have been announced, so I have a few tips/suggestions to help make you make your letters, voicemail and email as effective as possible:

* BE BRIEF:  Keep the length of your letter down to ONE side of ONE page, double space it and use a simple 10 or 12-point Times font.  (Arial font is hard to read.)   If your letter goes on for only one or two more lines beyond a page, don't sweat it, but the longer the letter is, the less of it they'll read before they move on to the next one.  Double-spacing is the exact opposite in print as it is online -- it's much  easier to read on paper than single spacing is -- and again, the need to be as brief as possible will make you more concise and to-the-point.  Conversely, single spacing will make you look a little wacky, especially if you go on for more than one page.

* BE BRIEF (AGAIN):  If you must single-space to get all you want on one page, skip a line between each paragraph as that will help maximize readability.  But definitely do not go over one side of one page at all.  And I'd suggest if you're going to do single-spacing your message should take up no more than 2/3rds of the page, not counting your signature.

* BE BRIEF (FOR VOICEMAIL AND EMAIL):  If you leave a long voicemail, it sounds like a ramble by somebody who's unstable.  Just say who you are, where you're from, your approximate age, why you like Gg and why you think it shouldn't end/why you think the season finale is not enough.  Don't beat yourself up if you think you went on for too long, though, as your nervousness will likely screw with your head.  And be sure to thank the people you're contacting for their time and consideration.

* BE POLITE: I know that there's a lot of anger and sadness going on right now, but don't unleash any of it on the person that you're writing too (s/he may not even be responsible for what's happening to the show).  Just tell them why you like the show, the actors, the stories, how it affects you, why you think it should continue, etc.  If your letter is all tone and no substance, they won't read it.  Or maybe the first person who reads it won't pass it on to someone else at the studio or directly involved with the show.

* BE POLITE (Again):   DON'T mention salary issues because it's not our place to address them.  Some form of "I hope that you are still looking for a solution that results in the show going on" would IMO be a great way to sidestep that issue.

* ADD PAPER DAISIES TO YOUR LETTER:   Find a picture of a daisy, print and cut out lots of copies of them, send a dozen or two of them with your snail mail letter to the various contact addresses.  And when I mean cut out a lot of copies of them, cut out individual squares or rectangles of the pictures, whatever shape the picture is (cutting out the outline of the daisy over and over again would, of course, be Paris-level insane).  Enclose them in the letter when you fold it so that when the person has to open the letter, the paper daisies *have* to fall out.  One creative thing to put in the mix -- maybe sub out one of the daisies and insert a Great8 Mandate logo instead.

3)  SEND EMAIL OR VOICEMAIL

The CW's comment line is 1-818-977-6878.   It is voicemail and it often (but not always) fills up by early evening -- and appears to be full the entire weekend from whenever time on Fridays it fills up.

If you are going to send an email or leave a voice mail, thatís okay as a reinforcement of your Snail Mail, but DO NOT AS AN INDIVIDUAL FLOOD ANY INDIVIDUAL ACTOR OR PERSON AT THE CW OR WARNERS WITH MULTIPLE VOICE MAILS OR E-MAILS ON THE SAME DAY.  It will do the exact opposite of what you intend because it's considered spamming and more or less harassment.[/i]  They want to hear from as many individuals as possible.  And Snail Mail is a better way to do it than either email or voicemail because it's a tangible representation of the viewership's sentiments while electronic forms of correspondence are more abstract (because you can't hold them in your hands) and therefore easy to forget.  And remember to BE POLITE AND POSITIVE.  They already know that we're all upset, we just need to reinforce our presence in terms of the sheer number of individuals contacting them.  Remember, once per day and thatís it, particularly for voicemail and email.

4) If you send mail to anyone other than Dawn Ostroff, Lauren and/or Alexis, Iím sure as heck not gonna try to discourage you (and in fact, a list of additional addresses that I've gathered is in the process of being proofread for me.  (My brain is fried.)   Wink   Just please make contacting Ms. Ostroff, Lauren and Alexis your first priority. If they get the mail, they are sure to contact everybody else involved, including Ostroffís bosses at the CWís corporate parent companies, CBS/Paramount and Warner Brothers, as well as the other actors.  (Or else theyíll hear it through the grapevine.)  NOTE: at this time, Alexis may be in the most need of notes of encouragement to continue the series.

5) Please send snail mail more than once a week. Two times a week is probably optimal.  Write something different each time, choose a different person each time -- a different aspect of what the show means to you, whatever.  Make it anything other than any other letter you've sent to them 'cause once they see an identical one, it registers as a form letter in their minds.

6) Please send your first or only snail mail of any given week by registered mail/return receipt.   It's more expensive than regular snail mail, but it means that someone has to sign for it and acknowledge the receipt, and perhaps they'll take the expense even more seriously than even if it were standard snail mail and thereby be more likely to read it.

7) And send them daisies if you can.  Real daisies, paper daisies, polyester daisies.  Once per week, if you can afford it, twice a month, once a month.  A different person each time, rotating between Dawn, Lauren and Alexis -- and now, Amy Sherman-Palladino (yay!) and Peter Roth.

Cool There is no 8.  That's the point.

9) CONTACT ADVERTISERS:

Divine has set up a word document containing contact information regarding the various national advertisers who placed commercials in the series season finale.  The document can be downloaded at http://root.pcmasters.at/upload/files/9907391-List%20of%20Advertisers.doc (NOTE:  This is an updated url.)   If you contact any of the advertisers, please follow the same rules as I list above and also keep in mind the following: 

* SPECIAL NOTE:  Certain Advertisers have been responsive and positive, some have been non-committal but given "We can't directly affect the fate of the show, but we value your input in how it will help us to determine how we'll choose to determine where we place our advertising in the future."  BOTH are positive responses. Even the non-committal responses probably mean that Gg writers are having an effect behind-the-scenes, so please contact advertisers whether you get the response you think you should get or not.

* Please be sure to compliment them on their support of Gg, add that you like their product if you use it (but don't lie if you don't use it) and let them know about how pleased you are for the companies' support of Gg given Gg's continued high ratings, particularly in light of how terrible the ratings are of Veronica Mars.  Don't otherwise knock VM (it's a good show that, unfortunately has no potential whatsoever to grow in the ratings), but let them know something like, "If the CW is alienating the viewership by cancelling both the high-rated Gilmore Girls and the low-rated Veronica Mars (whose fanbase is probably a subset of Gilmore Girlsí fanbase), doesn't it make sense for you as an advertiser to demand that The CW keep Gilmore Girls in order to retrieve  the goodwill of that viewership and thereby make The CW a much better outlet for your product?" 

* Please, do NOT copy what I wrote word-for-word.  It's not that I'm withholding permission, it's just that letters that are written with the same wording are considered "astroturf," a type of spamming particular to letter-writing campaigns.  Speak/write from the heart about why you like the show/what the show means to you, what you know about what the ratings mean and that you would appreciate the advertisers' support since the networks unveil their new fall schedules to you advertisers next week.  As I said above, BE POLITE, BE ORIGINAL -- the advertisers want to know about your likes and dislikes as it helps them to decide where they're going to put their television advertising dollars.  It's okay to tell the advertisers that you're mad at the network, just don't do it in a way that even implies that you might be mad at the advertisers as the current cancelled state of the show is not their fault.  After all, they'd rather have the show with the higher ratings, y'know.

10) Write to this CW weblog at:  http://blogs.trb.com/network/cwsource/2007/05/rumorville_a_gilmore_girls_tv.html   .   It asks about how you feel about the news that Amy is interested in doing a 2-hour movie version of the show.  I managed to swing the conversation a little in one of my own posts to the blog page, asking everybody to not take wanting to see a season 8 as a given and instead say if they'd want to see a season 8 rather than *just* a movie.

11)  AOL is currently doing a Best and Worst of TV 2007 poll at:  http://television.aol.com/feature/tv-season-end-best-worst-poll .  There are twenty questions, three of them (including question #20) have Gilmore Girls-related choices.  The winners are going to be announced on June 18th, so until the vote actually closes, vote early, vote often!

12)  Moviefone/Cinematical is currently doing a "Have Steve and Lauren Interview Each Other" campaign at their website http://www.httwww.cinematical.com/2007/06/04/steve-carell-and-lauren-graham-ask-evan-almighty-stars-a-ques/ in conjunction with their upcoming movie, Evan Almighty (coming to a theater near you on June 21st).  There's no telling when they'll do the interview, so post your questions in the comment section.  It's okay to add up to three links to your question(s) in the comments section, but do not post ONLY links in your comments as that's spam and it would make us look bad.  And besides, you do want Lauren or Steve to ask your question(s), right?  I didn't know about this event until someone posted it to the alt.tv.gilmore-girls newsgroup and I'm #42 on the page, so you can see that there were a LOT of Gilmore-related questions even before I posted there, so feel free to ask even more Gilmore questions.   Registration may be required (if you already have an AOL email address, you're already signed up as it's an AOL-owned site) and once you've submitted your questions(s), your post will not be posted until you click on an confirmation email.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because "We Didn't Say Goodbye Properly."
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 01:02:14 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: June 13, 2007, 01:26:10 am »

Season 8:  Because, NOTE:  In the unedited transcript for the GoldDerby chat, Lauren says 1) that she took the monkey lamp home with her and 2) that it's Amy who has the movie idea and Lauren's up for it, but Amy's show films in NYC (and IMHO already looks to be burn off) so that EQUALS 3) it doesn't matter that props have been taken home, the show can be rebuilt at any time.  As I've said before, we press for season 8 now, we press for the movie now. 

-----------------------

Other highlights summarized from Nadine's (very) rough transcript at:  http://community.livejournal.com/gossipcomm/98793.html

@ She thought that Lor and Chris marrying and then divorcing "minutes later" was moving too fast and therefore "tough to justify."

@ She, like us, also has mixed feelings about the series season finale -- she wanted everyone to have a moment, but felt that it was too much for any one episode to bear and thus hasn't seen it yet.

@ She is doing a movie right now and has two more lined up.  One of them, she plays the wife of Matthew Perry -- and so, they're going to be tabloid fodder forever.  Wink

@ Kelly Bishop is the actor she is closest to from the show.  Makes me wonder what Lauren thought of Bishop's interview with the Washington Post.

@ Good Game, her production shingle, officially ended with the show.  Which IMO means that none of her three pilots in development were close enough to greenlight.

@ She says to ask Amy about a Gilmore movie.  So since Amy's moving to NYC for Jezebel, I (Rob) say, Amy Shmamy movie shmovie, if we're going to get Gg anything, we've got to go through Lauren and The CW.  If Amy wants on board, then she should make it known at the time, otherwise, Lauren and the CW are the ones to get it moving again.

Season 8:  Because Edward Herrmann should get to rent as many videos from the video store that he wants.  If I worked at a video store, I would heartily recommend to him that he pick up The Cat's Meow or Harry's War or The Lost Boys.  Or maybe he's seen those movies before.  I dunno.  Oh, and if he's into TV, there's always The Practice.  Lindsay Dole's murderous former professor was a real pip to watch.  Grin

haha of course he has seen The Lost Boy's, he was in it. Cheesy

Actually, EH was in everything I mentioned in that siggie.   Tongue

@ The petition passed 1500 signatures at about 3:30am ET/12:30am PT

And that, folks, is how you do the siggie first and the post second.  Dance

-- Rob
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 08:35:58 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
stracciatella
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #6169 on: June 13, 2007, 02:32:56 am »

@ She says to ask Amy about a Gilmore movie.† So since Amy's moving to NYC for Jezebel, I (Rob) say, Amy Shmamy movie shmovie, if we're going to get Gg anything, we've got to go through Lauren and The CW.† If Amy wants on board, then she should make it known at the time, otherwise, Lauren and the CW are the ones to get it moving again.

@Rob: Maybe I'm slow but I don't get your reasoning here. I don't think that Lauren would do anything to make this movie happen unless Amy approaches her. When it comes to a Gilmore Girls movie Amy has to get the ball rolling. And to be honest, I get the impression that a movie is all that Lauren would be up to right now. So we need Amy.† †† † ( ---> send her daisies!) JMO
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 02:35:28 am by stracciatella » Logged
stefou83
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: June 13, 2007, 05:18:31 am »

Stefou83

Found another Gilmore Girls website in French
http://gilmoregirls.monrezo.be/GilmoreGirls/Gilmore_News.htm

Could you please send the webmaster the link to the petition?

Thanks again for your help!!

Hey,

I to wrote them as well. I haven't gotten a response from the last one yet, but hopefully soon.  Smiley

Sign the Great8Mandate Petition: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Because Season 8 should start on Tuesday, January 8th, 2008
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: June 13, 2007, 08:16:01 am »

@ She says to ask Amy about a Gilmore movie.  So since Amy's moving to NYC for Jezebel, I (Rob) say, Amy Shmamy movie shmovie, if we're going to get Gg anything, we've got to go through Lauren and The CW.  If Amy wants on board, then she should make it known at the time, otherwise, Lauren and the CW are the ones to get it moving again.

@Rob: Maybe I'm slow but I don't get your reasoning here. I don't think that Lauren would do anything to make this movie happen unless Amy approaches her. When it comes to a Gilmore Girls movie Amy has to get the ball rolling. And to be honest, I get the impression that a movie is all that Lauren would be up to right now. So we need Amy.       ( ---> send her daisies!) JMO

The reasoning is this:

What does Lauren saying that it would be up to Amy mean?  Absolutely Nothing with regards to the campaign.  Okay, sure, we do still send flowers to Amy in addition to the three primary targets.  But really, it's not up to Amy -- she's got her own series.  If it takes off, then she's too busy and it won't happen.  If it doesn't take off, then we're ahead of the curve as far as keeping pressure on Amy.

Similarly, Lauren says that she's filming one movie now and has two more lined up -- including one in which she co-stars with Matthew Perry as his wife.  What does this mean about the campaign for season 8?  Again, Absolutely Nothing.  Unless it's a heavily FX-laden movie like Evan Almighty, which took a gazillion months on-and-off to film, imost movies that an actress, even one of Lauren's caliber, make are going to typically take 2 months, sometimes 3 to film. far less time if it's an indie because indies usually take less than a month to film on their microbudgets.  (ex:  Katie Holmes's Pieces of April took less than 3 weeks to film.)  So let's say that one of the movies is a major movie and two of them are either indie roles or smaller roles in bigger movies.  She may be done with all three of those movies around September or so at the latest.  Since she said that she's doing a movie right now and you combine that with the fact that she's got enough time while doing the movie to fit in all these appearances for Evan Almighty, we can tell that either it's not a big role or she filmed the majority of it in the last couple of months since the series season finale wrapped shooting. 

Furthermore having movies lined up in advance -- IIRC, actor contracts for movies don't get signed until fairly soon before the movie begins -- I think even fairly late into prep (pre-production) -- because "having two movies lined up" can change quickly if 1) the movie peeps change their minds, 2) the funding of the movie falls through even after you've agreed in principal to do it and 3) the actor can change her mind.  So in Hollywoodspeak, "I've got two more movies lined up" means "I have two more movies lined up, but neither one is official until the first day of filming."  It means, "We can all say I'm doing the movie, but I can change my mind at any time until my contract for the movie is actually signed."

A more extreme example:  Scott Patterson says that he has four movies filming (Saw IV) or lined up, but he also has a holding deal with Warner Brothers for a series.  You can bet that if/when they find him a series (say, season 8 of Gilmore Girls as a midseason replacement), you can be sure that those other movies he has "lined up" will go by the wayside -- because "lined up" isn't a written agreement.  It *sounds* like a written contract is signed and in-place, but it's not.

Thus, we should remind ourselves of these issues: 

1) our purpose is to push for real final season for the show and short of that, push for a movie.   

2) The Angel movies didn't happen because, well, they pushed for the movies and their campaign collapsed soon afterward.  Jericho fans, didn't settle for the promise of a 2-hour movie.  MGM went ahead and greenlit two direct-to-DVD Stargate movies as soon as the cancellation of that show was announced.  There are numerous other examples where either the new season or movie were greenlit soon after the cancellation was announced or poof! nothing happened. 

3) Thus, Lauren is IMO the far bigger key to getting anything regarding the show greenlit ASAP.  Likewise, Alexis is a far bigger key to getting any revival greenlit ASAP.   Lauren *can* be the executive producer (and I don't mean showrunner, I simply mean driving force) that brings everybody back together, wheedles a committment out of Alexis and even Amy.  Maybe she's deferring to Amy out of respect right now, maybe the experience of Good Game going kaput when the show ended discouraged her from producing, but deferring for a year or two to Amy out of creative respect will only get nothing made.  To use a metaphor, getting Amy back wouldn't be the main course, it would be the gravy.

4) Rebuilding the sets is a no-brainer -- props are cheap, they'd buy new clothes for all the actors anyway.  Not many of the sets *have* to be built again -- they have the blueprints, and only Stars Hollow exteriors (if they've even changed yet), Luke's apartment and Diner interiors, Lorelai's house interiors, the Dragonfly interiors, and the Gilmore Mansion interiors need to be rebuilt and that's only about half the sets (at best) that the show had this year.

So again, we don't let Lauren pass the buck to Amy.  We still push for season 8, we include Amy in the campaign, but we keep going, full speed ahead.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because even Lauren isn't satisfied with the way the show ended.
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6172 on: June 13, 2007, 10:28:47 am »

Of course, I missed Jay Leno...but I"m sure I can see it on YouTube (?) and now reading LG's newest different comments about things sure puts a different spin on things...interesting...  the new and improved daisy campaign should go full steam ahead and continue to include the 4 biggest Female Power Players, IMHO: Lauren, Alexis, Dawn, & Amy... ?? Hopefully more people will sign the petition and I can't wait to hear more details from either side of the fight!

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
Stars Hollw Girl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -3

View Profile
« Reply #6173 on: June 13, 2007, 12:09:40 pm »

Just want to say that everything "Gilmore girls" is Warner brothers property. Even if Amy wants to do a movie, WB has to be up for it.

And Rob, I think you should calm down a little bit. The Mandate was a cool iniative by heidi and you try to morph it into total obsession.
crazymonkey
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -2

View Profile
« Reply #6174 on: June 13, 2007, 12:58:27 pm »

If there is a bigger plan or movement to get the Powers That Be to bring back the show for a shortened season, just what are we waiting for? Even if the principal participants, e,g, Alexis, Lauren, etc., agree to come back, wouldn't the studio/production company need to start hiring directors, writers, gaffers, props makers, costume makers, set designers, etc? Creating and filming a show ain't easy; we are talking about the studio needing to hire about 100 people just to film 8-13 episodes. I'm guessing that most of the people who used to work on the show must have already found different jobs, and even if they didn't, they are not likely to put their plans on hold and return to a show they knew will last only 8 episodes

I'm not saying it is impossible for the show to come back, but many many many things need to come together. If anyone has a Plan A, now is the time to use it. Why are we resorting to Plan B and C now when it's harder and harder to put together a show as more time passes?
stracciatella
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: June 13, 2007, 01:14:26 pm »

And Rob, I think you should calm down a little bit. The Mandate was a cool iniative by heidi and you try to morph it into total obsession.

Wow, that wasn't fair to say at all. Rob is trying to keep the Campaign going strong and doesn't deserve comments like this.

ETA: Any news on the website?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 01:47:13 pm by stracciatella » Logged
crazymonkey
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: June 13, 2007, 01:24:04 pm »

If Rob is the de facto leader of the campaign and he is trying to keep it strong, I have to say he is doing a horrible job.

So far, under Rob's "leadership", money and much time has been spent and NO ONE has heard a single utter from the producers/actors/janitors of the show or given hints that the show revival is under consideration. Rob has mentioned bigger plans but just what is he waiting for? The longer this thing takes, the less likely the show will come back.

By the by, for those who has written letters or send flowers, have you receieved confirmation or a letter of gratitude that your gift was received? How do we know they were recieved by the intended recipient and are not being piled up and discarded somewhere?
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: June 13, 2007, 01:34:16 pm »

Wow, that wasn't fair to say at all. Rob is trying to keep the Campaign going strong and doesn't deserve comments like this.
I agree, stracciatella. I'm honestly thankful to Rob because he's encouraging so many Gg fans! Without him, the campaign wouldn't work as it does now, so please don't write such rude things, Stars Hollw Girl

ETA: @ crazymonkey: IMO it's not Rob's fault at all that no one has received a reply so far, so don't blame him because that's unfair! And he wrote some pages before, WHY he can't carry on with his bigger plans right now!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 01:38:31 pm by Junkie » Logged

go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: June 13, 2007, 02:23:16 pm »

I agree, stracciatella. I'm honestly thankful to Rob because he's encouraging so many Gg fans! Without him, the campaign wouldn't work as it does now, so please don't write such rude things, Stars Hollw Girl

ETA: @ crazymonkey: IMO it's not Rob's fault at all that no one has received a reply so far, so don't blame him because that's unfair! And he wrote some pages before, WHY he can't carry on with his bigger plans right now!

If Rob is the de facto leader of the campaign and he is trying to keep it strong, I have to say he is doing a horrible job.

So far, under Rob's "leadership", money and much time has been spent and NO ONE has heard a single utter from the producers/actors/janitors of the show or given hints that the show revival is under consideration. Rob has mentioned bigger plans but just what is he waiting for? The longer this thing takes, the less likely the show will come back.

By the by, for those who has written letters or send flowers, have you receieved confirmation or a letter of gratitude that your gift was received? How do we know they were recieved by the intended recipient and are not being piled up and discarded somewhere?

This is seriously ticking me off! All anti-S8/anti-Rob get out!!! We have said it before and we will say it again! Leave your negativity outside of this thread cause we do not need it here! What is your guys problem?! It's bad enough you guys are coming in here dissing our campaign but now you guys are going so far as to diss an individual person?! What has Rob done to you? All he has been doing for the past 4 months is help try to save a show we all want more of and care for DEEPLY and try to keep everyones spirits high and in my opinion, he has succeeded majorly! If it wasn't for Rob, this campaign would have ended may 15th along with GG! How is Rob and this campaign hurting you? It is not going to hurt you to see us continue fighting, it is not going to hurt you to see us put out our money, (keyword, OUR) money out there to save this show!! We know our chances of GG getting renewed are slim to none! We are not complete airheads! We put our money and time and effort into this at our own risk and we (right?) enjoy every second of it. We love this show that much, we will put hard earned money out to save it! If it doesn't work, well fine then, it doesn't work. There is plenty more money out there to go around! There isn't plenty more GG to go around, there isn't anything else like Gilmore Girls! If GG ends, thats it, we never see it again! Plus it's not like we are using money that should be used to feed our kids for this campaign, we aren't that stupid! We are putting extra money out that normally would go to buying yet another useless object that will sit around the house forever, money that we do not need! If the show doesn't get renewed, no one loses....well GG fans lose cause we lose GG but thats it. Imagine if the show does get renewed because of us! Imagine how stupid you guys will feel! We care about GG enough to do this and clearly you don't so don't, if you cared about GG, you wouldn't be coming here attacking the people trying to save it. If you don't want to put your money out to help, then fine, don't, we aren't asking you to but don't attack those of us who will!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 02:27:39 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
crazymonkey
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: June 13, 2007, 02:33:18 pm »

I feel real bad for those who have spend an inconsiderable time and hard earned money sending gifts, writing petitions, etc and not even getting some form of acknowledgements from the intended recipients.

If Rob or anyone has a bigger plan to get us a Season 8, he/she should do it now. It's ironic that Rob is spending so much time writing his great treatise on why he didn't have time to proceed onto a bigger plan. Are we all sitting around waiting for Godot?
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: