The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 03:13:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734571 times)
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6150 on: June 12, 2007, 01:18:18 pm »

Does anyone on the board write in French?  There is a website http://www.gilmorehouse.new.fr/
I looked thru it and didn't see any posting for the petition site.  Maybe someone who is fluent in French can post it or at least send an e-mail to the webmaster.

Thanks!

I have send an e-mail in French to the webmaster to post the petition link on his main page. I also requested him to write back or on this board so that you can all be notified.

Thanks!

Thanks so very much for writing to the webmaster!
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6151 on: June 12, 2007, 01:34:56 pm »

This item was in today's Q&A with Kristin @ E! at http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=e5d8b5ef-06ae-4c58-b355-441f5c702149

Francesca: Any chance of a Gilmore Girls reunion? I want to know how Amy Sherman-Palladino would have ended it! What was the final line?

I got to ask that very question of Lauren Graham herself, who tells me: "People keep asking me about it, and I haven't spoken to anyone who could actually make it happen.[1] I do wish [Amy S.-P.] had gotten to be a part of the end, because the show was so much Amy's vision from the beginning, but there were a number of reasons that wasn't the way it was. But would those four final words have made a difference? I'm not sure.[2] I think we were at a good place to end, and I think it was a natural ending."[3] Lauren also sent out a message to you fans (including you who are still flooding my inbox with "Save Gilmore Girls" messages): "I have been very moved by the response from people in just their kindness about the show and sadness about it ending. I really have appreciated that." Sniffle.[4]

--------------------------------

What does this mean for the chances of a s8 or a Gg movie?  At this point, Absolutely Nothing.

Why, do you say?

Well, compare my bookmark numbers below to the statement above.

[1]  Of course she hasn't.  She's been decompressing from the end of the season of Gg (and the past month would have been too soon to hear anything either way anyway) and because she's starting up on the press junket for Evan Almighty, if she hasn't already been doing newspaper and magazine interviews for the past month anyway.  She's been busy.

[2]  Depends on what the final four words are, and we won't know until there's some type of real conclusion to the show.

[3]  That's spin.  Every time she or Alexis says, "It was a natural ending for the show" take a shot of tequila (if you're old enough) or Yoo-Hoo (if you're not.)

[4]  All the more reason to keep on the pressure.  This is partly about not just getting a season 8, but also calling the bluff about a movie.  Even a movie will.  not.  happen.  without putting on the pressure now and keeping on the pressure until they announce a greenlight.

So when you write to Lauren, be sure to enumerate your thoughts and feelings on why you think that the season finale was not a natural ending for the show.  If you've got to do it like a book report, then so be it.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because the show must go on until the story's actually over.
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: June 12, 2007, 02:17:52 pm »

Just bringing it over so that we can get to know our competition. Lets outbeat them!! Wink

I agree!  We've got to get something going and keep our momentum.  People have short memories, so let's strike while the iron's hot.     Smiley

I have gotten information about the Polyester Daisies from Oriental Daisy Company -- guess what?  The customer service rep is a Gilmore Girls fan who thinks the show ended too soon, too! -- and we'll have some deets as soon as I pass them onto Heather and we do some confabbing.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because Jackson's cousin mispells his name as Rune rather than Roone and somebody needs to let him know.
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6153 on: June 12, 2007, 02:23:47 pm »

Stefou83

Found another Gilmore Girls website in French
http://gilmoregirls.monrezo.be/GilmoreGirls/Gilmore_News.htm

Could you please send the webmaster the link to the petition?

Thanks again for your help!!
Frannie530
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: June 12, 2007, 02:30:19 pm »

Just bringing it over so that we can get to know our competition. Lets outbeat them!! Wink

I agree!  We've got to get something going and keep our momentum.  People have short memories, so let's strike while the iron's hot.     Smiley

I have gotten information about the Polyester Daisies from Oriental Daisy Company -- guess what?  The customer service rep is a Gilmore Girls fan who thinks the show ended too soon, too! -- and we'll have some deets as soon as I pass them onto Heather and we do some confabbing.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because Jackson's cousin mispells his name as Rune rather than Roone and somebody needs to let him know.

Did you ask the Customer Service Rep to sign the petition?
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: June 12, 2007, 02:38:51 pm »

-- Rob

My Gosh are you serious?! Shocked Thats excellent! Cheesy

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
gimoregirls1992ab
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #6156 on: June 12, 2007, 05:33:57 pm »

"[3] Lauren also sent out a message to you fans (including you who are still flooding my inbox with "Save Gilmore Girls" messages): "I have been very moved by the response from people in just their kindness about the show and sadness about it ending. I really have appreciated that." Sniffle.[4]

Was that "sniffle" added by kristin, or was it lauren, because if it was lauren, doesnt that mean she was somewhat upset about the show ending, proving our theory that she may have just been puttin on a happy face for everyone else?

It's hard to wait around for something that you
know might never happen but its even
harder to give up especially when its
everything that you ever wanted....
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: June 12, 2007, 05:40:36 pm »

I have gotten information about the Polyester Daisies from Oriental Daisy Company -- guess what?  The customer service rep is a Gilmore Girls fan who thinks the show ended too soon, too! -- and we'll have some deets as soon as I pass them onto Heather and we do some confabbing.

That's good to hear Rob! It's very encouraging news and maybe we can get started on the fundraising soon because I think the more time that goes by the harder it will be to get the actors all back together. Are we focusing on a mid/ spring season for the eighth season?

I REALLY have been trying to get to New York during LG's NY stops but the bus ride is $130.00 and there's no way I'm driving there. With my hours being cut lately it's not going to happen. It makes me sad because this is the perfect time of year to visit New York too!  Cry

Anyone willing to drive from the boarder of New Hampshire to New York and back?  Roll Eyes Tongue Cheesy

Was that "sniffle" added by kristin, or was it lauren, because if it was lauren, doesnt that mean she was somewhat upset about the show ending, proving our theory that she may have just been puttin on a happy face for everyone else?
I looked over the interveiw and it was italic so Kristin added the Sniff. Sorry to burst your bubble.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 05:55:56 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: June 12, 2007, 07:16:37 pm »

Is it hard to get standby tickets for conan?  Ill be in NY next week and would love to go there to see Lauren. 
Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: June 12, 2007, 07:22:13 pm »

I voted in the AOL poll if it still counts (does it?). Its awesome that every number Gilmore Girls was in, it won.  Grin

Also, whats the polyester daisy thing about? Are they like, fake daisies that are cheaper?

~If Jericho can be brought back, so can Gilmore Girls! Keep fighting!  Smiley~

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
Imawl4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: June 12, 2007, 07:47:18 pm »

I voted in the AOL poll if it still counts (does it?). Its awesome that every number Gilmore Girls was in, it won.  Grin

Also, whats the polyester daisy thing about? Are they like, fake daisies that are cheaper?

~If Jericho can be brought back, so can Gilmore Girls! Keep fighting!  Smiley~

u can continue to vote until june 18th (this is when they say they are posting results so it may end earlier than that! Smiley)

http://television.aol.com/feature/tv-season-end-best-worst-poll

and the daisies: yup they're both fake and cheap. rob was saying that the sales rep is going 2 give us a discount to buy a bunch (probably 1000) b/c they're also GG fans, @ least i think thats what he means Huh
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 08:49:08 pm by Imawl4GG » Logged
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: June 12, 2007, 09:35:46 pm »

That's fabulous!!!    Grin

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: June 12, 2007, 09:48:02 pm »

"[3] Lauren also sent out a message to you fans (including you who are still flooding my inbox with "Save Gilmore Girls" messages): "I have been very moved by the response from people in just their kindness about the show and sadness about it ending. I really have appreciated that." Sniffle.[4]

1) The sniffle was added by Kristin.

2)  The more an actor speaks certain sound-bit lines in public, the more you can dismiss it as spin.  Thus, the Freudian slips come out, like the following one on Leno tonight:

"We Didn't Say Goodbye Properly."

Lauren was mostly speaking about how the decision to cancel the show wasn't distributed to the cast in any real formalized way -- she noted again that she got the call at the restaurant and added that Edward Herrmann found out about it from his video store clerk.  But significantly, she didn't use the interview cliches she had done previously like, "It was time," "It was a natural ending." Yadayadayada.

I think it may be starting to hit her.  It's not a big step to take from "We (the actors) didn't say goodbye (to each other) properly" to "We (the show) didn't say goodbye (to the audience) properly."  The same confusion that Lauren stated that they had was the same confusion that we have had as viewers of the show.  So, umm, somebody oopsed somewhere along the line in letting the show go too soon for *everybody.*

Keep in mind that whenever Kristin (or one of her assistants) interviewed Lauren, it was probably something like a week or two ago, perhaps even longer.  Not a lot of the interviews are posted to websites instantly unless you're an obsessive-compulsive blogger like Michael Ausiello.  So I think that what happened is that we got an opening again -- Lauren volleyed discussion of the way the show ended back to the network.

However, that still doesn't mean that we shouldn't be contacting ALL of them.  Letters to ALL of them.  Recruit for the petitions, etc.

ONE MORE THING:  Heather and I have email-tagged back and forth today on the new Daisy campaign through buying from the Oriental Trading Company -- we've hammered out the details and I'm gonig to write it up either Wednesday morning or Wednesday evening (I'm going shopping during the day).  And there'll be more campaign news coming on Friday.

Meanwhile, I've got to reedit the letter I've been writing Lauren this evening.  The Tonight Show has certainly changed a couple of things I was going to say.

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because it isn't over until the actual series finale has wrapped.  And that has yet to happen.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 10:07:21 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: June 12, 2007, 11:01:03 pm »

I really enjoyed Lauren's interveiw with Jay. I could tell she came prepared for that question but she decided to let go of what she prepared to say and said what came to her without pointing in too many direction getting into trouble. I thought she was funny and much more together then on most of her interveiws. I liked the whole: "Had a panic attack and had to eat Burger King" bit that was hysterical and so Lorelai!

I was glad to hear Lauren thank the fans and she definately paused before "saying a proper goodbye" wave. It didn't feel right and I know she felt that wave didn't seem right either so luckily Jay quickly moved onto something else.

Hmm, an interesting developement. Lauren seemed truly disappointed that it ended the way and how it did. I'm beginning to see a little bit of sunshine through the dark clouds here.

I just got back from the CW boards and it appears that LG had a live chat at 10PM earlier tonight. Did anyone here know about this or was there? Apparently too many people were talking all at once so she barely had time to answer questions.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 11:10:36 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: June 12, 2007, 11:39:58 pm »

I just got back from the CW boards and it appears that LG had a live chat at 10PM earlier tonight. Did anyone here know about this or was there? Apparently too many people were talking all at once so she barely had time to answer questions.

Don't look at me -- I spend all my time here.  And the CW boards have been made to look so hostile to Gg that I never would have thought that they would have done a live chat.  GoldDerby tried to do that at the end of last season with her and the chat was so overloaded that the chat software crashed, causing Tom O'Niel to try to convert it into a post-your-question-on-the-Message-Board based chat, but even then, it was so insane that it didn't happen.  I'm sure that *somebody* must have logged the entire chat somewhere, so if you find it, please post it here as I definitely don't have the time to go looking for it and I definitely want to read it.

Also, I find it very interesting that the CW is having a chat with Lauren when the show's cancelled.  Usually, when a show's done, no more official promotion of it is done at the given network or its websites.  The promotion just tapers down, not tapers up again.  Having a chat with Graham a month after the season ends suggests to me that the network may be up to something.  Might be as little as just another venue for promoting Evan Almighty, might be as little as a transparent attempt at damage control that is doomed to failure as the trifecta of Angel, Everwood and Veronica Mars would still have an immense sting on CW fans even before you add the premature end of Gg to it.

And hey, since that happened, somebody should try to mention this here Mandate thread and the Season 8 Petition http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate at the CW Lounge again.  Maybe this time, teh Veronica Mars fans won't chew the Gg fans out too much.

ETA:  The chat wasn't at the CW's Lounge, it was actually at GoldDerby.com.  They do post transcripts in a day or two, so I'll be on the lookout.

-- Rob

--------------------
Season 8:  Because Edward Herrmann should get to rent as many videos from the video store that he wants.  If I worked at a video store, I would heartily recommend to him that he pick up The Cat's Meow or Harry's War or The Lost Boys.  Or maybe he's seen those movies before.  I dunno.  Oh, and if he's into TV, there's always The Practice.  Lindsay Dole's murderous former professor was a real pip to watch.  Grin
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 12:48:16 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: