The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 12:18:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732984 times)
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #6135 on: June 11, 2007, 12:43:05 pm »

Season 8:  Because now The Sopranos fans will understand how ticked off Gilmore Girls fans are about unresolved "open" endings that are too open, too abrupt to be real endings.

[Forgive the hijack.]            Oh. my. goodness. My husband and I are still reeling from last night's finale. Talk about taking fans for granted! But I digress...

Some Soprans fans are mad, but not all of them. there was a big difference between the Sopranos series finale and the Gilmore Girls Finale. I was mad about both at first. But the Sopranos one really grows on you after a while (Unlike the GG one). In fact, after sleeping on the Sopranos finale, I think David Chase created a brillent ending.............."Remember the good times" what A.J. said at the end, thats what dave wated the fans of sopranos to remember not a bullet to tonys head. In fact I think watchig the Sopranos finale made me relize that some thing have to remain open, so the show continues to live in your imagination.  Also this finale was easier to except because it's been know about for months, unlike the Gilmore Girls finale.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: June 11, 2007, 02:17:24 pm »

I just found this: www.kidzooka.com
In the left hand corner a sign keeps switching between "Tell a friend" and "Gilmore Girls. Help make season 8 a reality. Click GO to do your part.".
It takes you to this:

"Kidzooka Supports The Great8Mandate!
Gilmore Girls fans demand it and we're here to support it. At this very moment, the GilmoreGirls.org is doing everything they can to generate support for an 8th season. And why not?!! The GG is only the best TV show ever and deserves to run forever!

So what can you do? Well, for one, you can visit the GilmoreGirls.org. They have all the names and numbers of people who will ultimately decide the fate of the GG. So click the link below to start turning up the heat.

Another thing you can do is have a party. That's right, a party. Kids just like you are holding "Save The Gilmore Girls" parties all over the country to help spread the word and generate support for an 8th season. If you plan on hosting your own party or have already done so, we'd like to hear about it. Just use the link below to provide us with all the details."

I couldn't find any contact information or I would have tried to get them to put up a link to the petition. Does anyone know who runs this page and how to contact them?

Here is the information you need, it was under the Parentz Link on the bottom of the home page.

Murtagh Media
46 Charlemont St.
Newton, MA 02461-1908
[email protected]
stracciatella
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: June 11, 2007, 03:14:41 pm »

Thank you, Frannie! Smiley Geez, I guess I didn't look very hard earlier... Cheesy

BTW Veronica Mars is toast... http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Veronica-Mars-Officially/800016822
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: June 11, 2007, 03:47:41 pm »

Does anyone on the board write in French?  There is a website http://www.gilmorehouse.new.fr/
I looked thru it and didn't see any posting for the petition site.  Maybe someone who is fluent in French can post it or at least send an e-mail to the webmaster.

Thanks!
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: June 11, 2007, 03:54:09 pm »

The Great 8 Mandate:  Status Update

Just in case you were wondering, "Why in the heck aren't we doing anything big right now?" Here's a brief status update:

1)  Heather is having a family emergency and Finals at the same time, so certain plans (which I'll list briefly below) are going to be delayed for a few days while she's able to carve out some breathing space.

2)  I've got a migrane -- which is getting better -- and eyestrain from staring at the computer screen for so long, especially since the petition started.  Strangely enough, one of the better cures for this is watching movie DVDs as I'm further away from the screen and, like, movies are kinda relaxing -- but I'm still going to be participating as much as I can while I go through this. 

3)  We do have bigger plans:

a) advertisement in one of the trade papers

b) fundraiser for such an ad -- including t-shirts, keychains and bumper stickers (through a source To Be Named Later, but may be fairly obvious to some).  Heather will need some time to design them.

c)  the Polyester Daisy campaign.  Frannie is going to be helping Heather and I with that.  (Frannie, please PM me on all the talking points you want me to hit, so that I can have an outline to write from.  Writing is easy, thinking about what I'm writing is hard, so a list of talking points will help me a lot in my time of migraine, eyestrain and anything else that ends wtih  "--ain(e)".

These are bigger projects that are going to take a little bit of time to assemble in order to do them right.  So in the meantime, let's keep calling the CW comment line at 1-818-977-6878 daily (expect the line to be full tonight since Rob Thomas gave in and finally announced that VM is officially cancelled today.)  Keep doing the letter writing and moreover, MOST IMPORTANTLY, keep recruiting more people to call the CW comment line, to write to Alexis, Lauren and Dawn on a daily basis and to sign the petition at http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate .

One thing to keep in mind:  Yes, Veronica Mars has officially joined Gg in cancellation land -- but Jericho escaped from Cancellation Land, and, unlike VM (whose ratings sucked even though I was a fan of the show, too), Gilmore Girls has the ratings to call for some sort of a revival of the show.  Even if you think we'll only be able to get a movie, we've got all the reasons to keep campaigning for Gg to return.

-- Rob

-------------------------------
Season 8:  Because if you're going to die from high cholesterol, you want it to be during a Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving, don't you?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 04:09:27 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #6140 on: June 11, 2007, 05:18:13 pm »

Zap2it.com  has their TV Gal Awards going on right now. You can post your votes for several categories including Most Beloved Canceled Show.

Visit http://blog.zap2it.com/amyawards/ and click on any of the blue links to post your choices (a la Gilmore Girls! lol).

Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: June 11, 2007, 05:29:03 pm »

Dont' forget this poll too...can still vote Smiley

http://television.aol.com/feature/tv-season-end-best-worst-poll

just a heads up bout the AOL TV Poll:

Hottest Single Mom:

Lorelai: 32%
Hannah: 28%
Sam: 18%
Christine: 14%
Nancy: 8%

Couple You Loved to Love:

LORELAI and luke: 31%
Sun & Jin: 23%
Turk and Carla: 23%

Strongest Network:

ABC: 36%
FOX: 25%
NBC: 17%
CBS: 16%
CW: 5%

Cancelled Show You'll Miss the Most:

Gilmore Girls: 48%
Jericho: 30%

with jericho's renewal, hopefully the word travels fast to the oblivious, as long as we keep on voting we can reach above 50% pretty soon-----i think Huh

http://television.aol.com/feature/tv-season-end-best-worst-poll

EmilyCaroline
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: June 11, 2007, 06:11:52 pm »

just a little idea.

For handwritten letters, maybe people could write them on yellow legal pad paper, because when Rory started Chilton and Lorelai wanted to buy purple legal pads, Rory said "This is a serious school, I'm going to need serious paper."

Maybe we could right "This is a serious issue. It calls for serious paper."
or something along the lines of that.

What do you think?

go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #6143 on: June 11, 2007, 07:28:54 pm »

haha I love that idea EmilyCaroline, thats adorable! Hopefully they will get the quote! Wink

Bringing this over from fanforums RIP Veronica Mars thread. (yes I ment to write Veronica Mars)

There is actually a huge Mars Bar campaign going on right now, everyone is sending Mars Bars (and most recently marshmallows) to the CW. It's all going through one specific company, who is getting this all shipped in to them and then they'll be delivering the products to the CW offices in a huge van, with notes and letters telling them to renew VM. They've actually bought every single avilable Mars Bar in the United States :lol: which is why they're moving on to marshmallows.

You can read more about it and get updates at the blog they set up.

Just bringing it over so that we can get to know our competition. Lets outbeat them!! Wink
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 07:30:43 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: June 11, 2007, 07:52:54 pm »

just a little idea.

For handwritten letters, maybe people could write them on yellow legal pad paper, because when Rory started Chilton and Lorelai wanted to buy purple legal pads, Rory said "This is a serious school, I'm going to need serious paper."

Maybe we could right "This is a serious issue. It calls for serious paper."
or something along the lines of that.

What do you think?

I like that too! I'm going out tomorrow and buying some.
*prettystick* for creativity!

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6145 on: June 11, 2007, 07:57:34 pm »

ive been voting on teavee for a while to get votes in, but all is very quiet there, we r very close to losing #8 spot by 115 points. we need more help over there. also on save my show we r now over 23500 almost at 23600. nice job. well im going to get more votes in before i have to leave.

Is there any news yet on how we r all going??? Anything?Huh
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: June 11, 2007, 08:07:22 pm »

Just bringing it over so that we can get to know our competition. Lets outbeat them!! Wink

I agree!  We've got to get something going and keep our momentum.  People have short memories, so let's strike while the iron's hot.     Smiley

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: June 11, 2007, 09:31:24 pm »

Zap2it.com  has their TV Gal Awards going on right now. You can post your votes for several categories including Most Beloved Canceled Show.

Visit http://blog.zap2it.com/amyawards/ and click on any of the blue links to post your choices (a la Gilmore Girls! lol).

Note the many Gilmore votes I put in -- and also, note the Studio 60 quote I nominated in which Danny Tripp (Bradley Whitford) calls Lauren a "hot-buttered biscuit."  It was either that or the Calico Girls reference, but I thought that this one was dirtier funnier.

Also, about the AOL poll -- keep voting, but lemmee just warn ya:  since it's a 20 question poll and it's therefore *much* harder to vote multiple times, what you've seen is more or less what the actual results are going to be.  With hundreds of thousands of votes in, any given category is only going to move a percent or two either way.  Not discouraging you at all, as still voting will "protect" the rankings, but don't look for any radical changes in any category, especially those in which the winner has won by a landslide (2 of Gg's three wins, for instance.)

-- Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai looks like she's been touched by a pretty stick.
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: June 12, 2007, 09:19:36 am »

The Petition Project FAQ

0) I have a headache right now from staring at the monitor for too long, but I felt that this needed to be posted ASAP and I will revise this into a more comprehensive FAQ later.

1) The purpose of this FAQ is to provide information necessary to get as many people as possible to sign the Gilmore Girls Season 8 petiton at http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate and then to promote the petition as far and as wide as possible.

2) Sign the petition at:  http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

3)  Post the link everywhere you can -- on other message boards having to do with Gilmore Girls, MBs centered more generally around TV shows, MBs dealing with Women's Issues and Women's Rights, or any MB where you either know that there are a lot of Gg fans, even if it's not even remotely Gg or TV-related.  The further away you get from TV-related sites, the more you should please respect the given MBs' policies on Off-Topic Posts.  Some of them don't allow it, some of them DO allow it as long as you start the subject header with the abbreviation OT as in "OT: Please sign the  Save Gilmore Girls Petition."  Please only post such OT posts where you are sure they'll be welcome when it's a non-TV related MB.

4) Circulate the petition and Mandate link through your emal lists, ask your friends to sign the petition, Digg it (more below) and then forward it to other friends

5)  Add the petition link and a link to the most current page of this thread to your siggie on ALL message boards you belong to.  ESPECIALLY if it's not a Gg or TV-related MB.  Even if you haven't started an OT thread on that MB, including a link in your siggie may (and often does) get noticed by someone on the given MB who likes the show and *then* that invites thread drift that is better served by then creating an OT thread on that group.  IOW, including the links in your siggie is a great way to test the waters for how discussing the show in that group might or might not be encouraged.  Also, even if no discussion may break out, other posters may follow the link anyway.

6)  Encourage everyone who has signed or will sign the petition to Digg the site or otherwise recommend it to various social networking/news exchange websites -- the petition includes as a matter of automatic function links to over a dozen of these sites, including Digg.  Digg is easy to register for by clicking on the link at the petition, registering and verifying (which is almost instantaneous after filling out the form and clicking on their verification email) and then clicking on the Digg icon on the petition again, sending you to the Digg site, where you'll click "Digg" right underneath the big Digg rating number on the left.  Those of you who have already signed the petition and haven't Digged the petition, please do so.  Digging the petition will help to publicize the petition on Digg, which is among the biggest of these sites and please recommend to other people you know who have signed the petition to go back and Digg it.

7) Do as much recruiting as you can to have as many people as you can sign the petition.  The only thing necessary is that the person(s) have their own email address, so you can have as many people in your family sign the petition as you possibly can as long as they have different email addresses.  The current goal is 300 signatures per day and will remain so for at the very *least* the next month.  Even if the petition surpasses the 300 signatures per day goal on any given day, that's great, but we will still need to reach the goal of 300 valid signatures the next day.

SHORT-TERM PROJECT: 

Steve Carell and Lauren Graham To Interview Each Other With Reader-Provided Questions on the Moviefone/Cinematical website at:

http://www.httwww.cinematical.com/2007/06/04/steve-carell-and-lauren-graham-ask-evan-almighty-stars-a-ques/  . 

Even before I posted there (I am #42) somewhere around 60% of the questions readers had asked the actors to ask each other have had something to do with Gilmore Girls, so I have no problem with recommending that that practice continue.    There's only two steps:

1) Register if you're not already registered.  If you have AOL, you're already registered as AOL owns the site.

2) Post your questions in the comments section.  Post them in the format STEVE TO LAUREN to have Steve ask a question of Lauren and LAUREN TO STEVE for vice-versa.  You *can* add links at the end of your question, but the one thing that no one should do is merely post links to the petition or to this website without posting at least one question for one to ask the other, as including only links, no questions, is spam (Sorry, Wonny!)

3) None of that guarantees that many (if any) Gilmore questions might be answered as the actors also get to ask their own questions of each other, but even the major presence of Gilmore questions that has already been established will provide *somebody* with information on how much continued demand for Gg exists, so every Gilmore question helps even if your question doesn't get asked.  These are short interviews, so it's even *likely* that your question(s) won't get asked, but be creative, ask a question that hasn't been asked before or ask an obvious, basic question in an entertaining way.  Be polite, don't fawn or gush with a dumb question like, "Lauren, what does it feel like to be so beautiful?"  (She is, but you shouldn't ask that question unless you know her or are interviewing her in person.) Ask a smart question creatively and maybe your question will be picked.

ANNOUNCEMENT:  Lauren Graham Upcoming Talk Show Appearances:

@ The Tonight Show with Jay Leno -- TONIGHT! 11:35pm ET/PT, 10:35pm CT/MT

@ The Today Show -- Tuesday morning, June 19th, sometime during the show, which they'll tease on and on and on.

@ Late Night with Conan O'Brien -- Friday night, June 22nd, 12:35am ET/PT, 11:35pm CT/MT

So far, there's no one listed at http://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html as a guest for The View on Thursday, June 21st, so something tells me that since Graham will be in NYC anyway, she might just be on the show that morning.

-- Rob

-----------------------------
Season 8:  Because I think "In Your Room" and their cover of "Hazy Shade of Winter" are the best songs ever done by The Bangles.  "Eternal Flame" is soooooo 1980's ballad and "Walk Like an Egyptian" soooooooo played out. 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 10:30:22 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
stefou83
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: June 12, 2007, 10:45:36 am »

Does anyone on the board write in French?  There is a website http://www.gilmorehouse.new.fr/
I looked thru it and didn't see any posting for the petition site.  Maybe someone who is fluent in French can post it or at least send an e-mail to the webmaster.

Thanks!

I have send an e-mail in French to the webmaster to post the petition link on his main page. I also requested him to write back or on this board so that you can all be notified.

Thanks!

Sign the Great8Mandate Petition: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Because Season 8 should start on Tuesday, January 8th, 2008
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: