The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 07:08:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765368 times)
Nvr2old4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #6120 on: June 10, 2007, 02:38:55 pm »

Just a quick note...I have been offline for about 10 days....SO....has anyone thought of getting those "Jericho" fans to maybe help e-mail and call the CW/actors/actresses?  Just a thought... Grin
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6121 on: June 10, 2007, 03:35:59 pm »

Just a quick note...I have been offline for about 10 days....SO....has anyone thought of getting those "Jericho" fans to maybe help e-mail and call the CW/actors/actresses?  Just a thought... Grin

It's an interesting idea, but IMO, the fanbase in general for Jericho is that of Sci-Fi fandom, which has about 40 years of experience in campaign organizing but which is openly hostile to what they'll dismiss as "chick shows."  (Paradoxically, there's a subset of them that are among the most rabid Veronica Mars fans, BID.)

I think we'd have more success trying to find someone who participated in the Roswell campaigns or the Cagney & Lacey campaigns than trying to contact a Jericho fan -- not because I don't think there are Jericho fans who are also Gg fans (I'm a Gg fan who's also a Jericho fan, for instance) but because IMO looking for those Jericho fans dep in the campagin who might also Gg fans would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

However if you want to look for Jericho fans who were heavily, centrally involved in that campaign who are willing to help, then go ahead and find them and encourage them to start posting here and to PM me so that we can pick their minds.  I sure wouldn't turn down the help.  There's a learning curve that goes on with *every* campaign, so there *are* some pitfalls I'd love to avoid.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because like the Lorelais, I hate deviled eggs.
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6122 on: June 10, 2007, 04:04:34 pm »

Hi guys,

I just wanted to share something with you. While posting the petition link on different gg-sites, I found a link to a survey. Of course, I clicked it (I participate in almost every survey *lol*) and it is about Gilmore girls. Now, I don't know, if the answers still count - but can still participate.

There are questions about the show, websites, different seaons - and - in one question, they mention the Great8Mandate .. I don't know, but it felt great to read it in that survey. I suggest, everyone who has 5 minutes to go through the questions, click here http://www.demandi.co.uk/uk_4398_gilmoregirls.php?SES=474ee139219206d19e8809142c658da7 and participate in the survey.
There's also a prize to win - but I didn't care for that .. have been to happy to read about G8M *lol*

go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: June 10, 2007, 04:10:23 pm »

It's an interesting idea, but IMO, the fanbase in general for Jericho is that of Sci-Fi fandom, which has about 40 years of experience in campaign organizing but which is openly hostile to what they'll dismiss as "chick shows."  (Paradoxically, there's a subset of them that are among the most rabid Veronica Mars fans, BID.)

I think we'd have more success trying to find someone who participated in the Roswell campaigns or the Cagney & Lacey campaigns than trying to contact a Jericho fan -- not because I don't think there are Jericho fans who are also Gg fans (I'm a Gg fan who's also a Jericho fan, for instance) but because IMO looking for those Jericho fans dep in the campagin who might also Gg fans would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

However if you want to look for Jericho fans who were heavily, centrally involved in that campaign who are willing to help, then go ahead and find them and encourage them to start posting here and to PM me so that we can pick their minds.  I sure wouldn't turn down the help.  There's a learning curve that goes on with *every* campaign, so there *are* some pitfalls I'd love to avoid.

-- Rob

I agree, I think that there may be some (if not few) Jericho fans who watch Gilmore Girls but I doubt they watch and like it strongly enough to take part in this campaign (ignoring the awesomness that is Rob Wink ) but I think it's worth a shot to try and see if they are nice enough to help.

I know someone who is a Gilmore Girls fan and also a Roswell fan on fanforum (she manages the Roswell board) and I'm pretty sure she mentioned she took part in the Roswell campaign so I could try PMing her and ask her for some help if you want. Smiley It's an added bonus that she is from fanforum and we are all currently trying to work together. Her username over there is Roswell 10/2/00
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 09:29:22 am by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6124 on: June 10, 2007, 05:11:10 pm »

Yippee! I finally managed to sign the petition! (Not to be naughty, but if I have 2 different email addresses, can I sign it twice?!)

Someone mentioned coordinating yellow ribbons with the daisy thing for the "bring back" theme- I LOVE IT! Not that I have anything constructive to add to it, just that I support it... Wink  And when I mentioned corporate sponsorship before, I just meant some sort 'deal' or something with Oriental Trading if they can help us make fundraising easier or give us a discount....

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #6125 on: June 10, 2007, 05:19:29 pm »

Ohh I think the yellow ribbon idea is a good one too. 
I have a yellow daisy pin that I wear everyday in support of GG!! Smiley
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 05:24:27 pm by xdeartragedyx » Logged
theladyjedi
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: June 10, 2007, 07:32:52 pm »

We want as large an amount of items sent as possible to the interested persons and as much bulk as possible. I would strongly agree with those who say stick with the daisies and not get off onto coffee or other items.
I think MAK has an excellent idea which would greatly expand what can be done and at the same time would go along with the daisies. I think the idea of yellow ribbons is fantastic as the song of tieing yellow ribbons is about bringing back someone who is loved. Yellow ribbons could be used in so many ways and use a slogan of some sort with "bring back..."  Start sending letters with a yellow ribbon bow along with a daisy or daisies and say "bring back...   Fans could wear yellow ribbons with a daisy tag and some "bring back..." slogan. We want to make an enormous impression with a huge amount of daisies sent. Think of how much greater the bulk if a massive amount of yellow ribbon bows were also sent and yellow ribbons would cost practically nothing.
What do you all think? I think yellow ribbons have endless possibilities (thank you MAK), would cost very little and would blend right in with the daisies campaign.
What ideas would you all have?
          Darlene  theladyjedi

Thanks to those who like the yellow ribbon idea. MAK posted some interesting ideas about daisy chains, ribbons, etc. a couple pages back.
            Darlene    theladyjedi
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: June 10, 2007, 09:33:58 pm »

-- Rob

I agree, I think that there may be some (if not few) Jericho fans who watch Gilmore Girls but I doubt they watch and like it strongly enough to take part in this campaign (ignoring the awesomness that is Rob Wink ) but I think it's worth a shot to try and see if they are nice enough to help.

I know someone who is a Gilmore Girls fan and also a Roswell fan on fanforum (she manages the Roswell board) and I'm pretty sure she mentioned she took part in the Roswell campaign so I could try PMing her and ask her for some help if you want. Smiley It's an added bonus that she is from fanforum and we are all currently trying to work together. Her username over there is Roswell 10/2/00
I know someone from

go_clo -- please do PM that Roswell fan.  Any and all help is always welcome, so don't feel like you have to ask my or Heather or Heidi's permission or anything.  Especially since I'm having migranes right now from staring at the monitor for too long.  Grassroots is about bringing people in, the Open Tent.  And although I personally would love to hear about more recruitment ideas, particularly for the petition and letter-writing campaigns, I also want to know about the stuff I should be asking about but don't know about. (I said I have migranes, so if that sentence made sense to you, please explain it to me.  Wink  )

@ Everybody -- keep checking The CW's comment line, 1-818-977-6878 at all hours of the day.  I actually called at around 3am ET Friday night/Saturday morning and it was taking messages after being full for most of the day (oh god, it was so late that my message was even more rambly than it usually is), so it seems to me like they may be onto us.  Wink

-- Rob

----------------------------
Season 8:  Because if Big Edie and Little Edie can win Tony awards and Big Emily and Big Lorelai and Little Lorelai can't win Emmys, then by gosh, we gotta have at least one more season of Gilmore Gardens to hold over the Emmys and their justly-earned bad reputation for ignoring WB/CW shows. 

(BTW, if you haven't seen the original documentary Grey Gardens, that guy in the backwards baseball cap on the Tonys tonight was playing Jerry from Grey Gardens, the Edies' handyman/why-the-hell-is-he-here Guy.  Which makes him halfway between Luke and Kirk.  And, mind you, the character is a real person.)

(I have a migrane.  I don't know how to stop writing this po --
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: June 11, 2007, 09:40:53 am »

Rob's Great 8 Mandate Welcome Post and Mail Primer

For those of you who are new to the Great 8 Mandate Thread, Welcome!  I know that a lot of you are wondering what you can do to help try to convince the CW to uncancel Gilmore Girls.  Well, heck -- Amy Sherman-Palladino has voiced interest in doing a 2-hour movie, and Scott Patterson, Kelly Bishop and Liza Weil have all three voiced reservations about the season finale being a series finale -- so it's clear that no matter how much time is passing, most people that are most important to the show (some of whom have even left the show) *do* want to keep it going.  So that's all the more reason to keep going, full speed ahead.   This post is about voicemail, email and snail mail.  Here’s what you can do:

1)  SIGN THE GREAT 8 MANDATE PETITION AT http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate
  Jericho did about 114K signatures on their online petition in somewhere around a month's time.  Given that we just started and it takes time for the news of the petition to reach the various parts of Gg fandom it willl take time and your recruitment efforts to get it up to a reasonable goal.  Given Jericho's ratings (a bit more than twice what Gg's average is), I think that we, as fans of a top-rated show on a smaller network, should be able to raise well into the five-figures in about a month.  Post the petition link on message boards far and wide, put them into your sigs on non-Gg MBs, do the facebook-myspace stuff and spread the word by email.  Include a short note of "I signed the petition, please sign it, too."

NEW SPECIAL NOTE:  Let the people you talk to know that signing the petition means that you simply want Gg to resolve in some way. If you think that it should finish with 13 episodes, which is our goal here, then great!  If you want only a 2-hour movie or think that a 2-hour movie is all that Gg fans can get, then great, too!  No one should be made to feel left out of signing the petition just because of what they think we can get!  Your signature can be accompanied by a comment, so you should mention your feelings and goals there!

OTHER NEW SPECIAL NOTE:  Whether you've already signed the petition or are about to sign the petition, please click on the "Digg" social bookmarking link on the petition page -- you might have to register for Digg, but the registration process is fast and simple.  You may have to click on the Digg link at the petition again after registering, but in any case, once you get to the Season 8 petition page on Digg at:  http://digg.com/celebrity/The_Gilmore_Girls_Season_8_Petition , please click on the "Digg' button underneath the large ranking button at the left hand side of the screen and your Digg vote will be entered.  Then please spread the word about the petition and the Digg link.

2)  SEND SNAIL MAIL:

Handwriting is fine if your penmanship is good because it's such a personal form of communication.  Otherwise, typing and signing and mailing by snail mail is the single BEST way to contact them.  They expect to be deluged with email and voicemail and that helps as far as it goes, but the amount of effort that it takes to write/type a letter on paper and send it in an envelope always  makes a bigger impression than email and voicemail and the like.  There's a rule of thumb that floats about in various media industries that every individual piece of correspondence that's written on paper and delivered by mail represents the sentiments of at least 7 other people.  So if literally tens of thousands of pieces of snail mail are received, that's going to make a MUCH bigger impact on them than electronic forms of mail.

There are various addresses you can send your correspondence to, which are posted on page 1 of the thread, but IMO, the people who have the most potential to help are IMO, Lauren, Alexis and the CW’s President of Entertainment, Dawn Ostroff, who is the nexus of all network realities at the CW.  They can be contacted at the following addresses:

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Email:  Michael Flutie: [email protected]
Email:  Paul M. Brown:  [email protected]

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002
Email: [email protected]
or post your comments at the Lounge at www.cwtv.com

Peter Roth
President, Warner Brothers Television
300 Television Plaza
Burbank, CA 91505

Amy Sherman-Palladino
c/o Creative Artists Agency
2000 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067

As the series season finale has passed, email and voicemail can become handy, but don't discount Snail Mail as the network and actors will always take Snail Mail more seriously than any other form of correspondence.  Snail Mail has become even more important now that the Upfronts have been announced, so I have a few tips/suggestions to help make you make your letters, voicemail and email as effective as possible:

* BE BRIEF:  Keep the length of your letter down to ONE side of ONE page, double space it and use a simple 10 or 12-point Times font.  (Arial font is hard to read.)   If your letter goes on for only one or two more lines beyond a page, don't sweat it, but the longer the letter is, the less of it they'll read before they move on to the next one.  Double-spacing is the exact opposite in print as it is online -- it's much  easier to read on paper than single spacing is -- and again, the need to be as brief as possible will make you more concise and to-the-point.  Conversely, single spacing will make you look a little wacky, especially if you go on for more than one page.

* BE BRIEF (AGAIN):  If you must single-space to get all you want on one page, skip a line between each paragraph as that will help maximize readability.  But definitely do not go over one side of one page at all.  And I'd suggest if you're going to do single-spacing your message should take up no more than 2/3rds of the page, not counting your signature.

* BE BRIEF (FOR VOICEMAIL AND EMAIL):  If you leave a long voicemail, it sounds like a ramble by somebody who's unstable.  Just say who you are, where you're from, your approximate age, why you like Gg and why you think it shouldn't end/why you think the season finale is not enough.  Don't beat yourself up if you think you went on for too long, though, as your nervousness will likely screw with your head.  And be sure to thank the people you're contacting for their time and consideration.

* BE POLITE: I know that there's a lot of anger and sadness going on right now, but don't unleash any of it on the person that you're writing too (s/he may not even be responsible for what's happening to the show).  Just tell them why you like the show, the actors, the stories, how it affects you, why you think it should continue, etc.  If your letter is all tone and no substance, they won't read it.  Or maybe the first person who reads it won't pass it on to someone else at the studio or directly involved with the show.

* BE POLITE (Again):   DON'T mention salary issues because it's not our place to address them.  Some form of "I hope that you are still looking for a solution that results in the show going on" would IMO be a great way to sidestep that issue.

* ADD PAPER DAISIES TO YOUR LETTER:   Find a picture of a daisy, print and cut out lots of copies of them, send a dozen or two of them with your snail mail letter to the various contact addresses.  And when I mean cut out a lot of copies of them, cut out individual squares or rectangles of the pictures, whatever shape the picture is (cutting out the outline of the daisy over and over again would, of course, be Paris-level insane).  Enclose them in the letter when you fold it so that when the person has to open the letter, the paper daisies *have* to fall out.  One creative thing to put in the mix -- maybe sub out one of the daisies and insert a Great8 Mandate logo instead.

3)  SEND EMAIL OR VOICEMAIL

The CW's comment line is 1-818-977-6878.   It is voicemail and it often (but not always) fills up by early evening -- and appears to be full the entire weekend from whenever time on Fridays it fills up.

If you are going to send an email or leave a voice mail, that’s okay as a reinforcement of your Snail Mail, but DO NOT AS AN INDIVIDUAL FLOOD ANY INDIVIDUAL ACTOR OR PERSON AT THE CW OR WARNERS WITH MULTIPLE VOICE MAILS OR E-MAILS ON THE SAME DAY.  It will do the exact opposite of what you intend because it's considered spamming and more or less harassment.[/i]  They want to hear from as many individuals as possible.  And Snail Mail is a better way to do it than either email or voicemail because it's a tangible representation of the viewership's sentiments while electronic forms of correspondence are more abstract (because you can't hold them in your hands) and therefore easy to forget.  And remember to BE POLITE AND POSITIVE.  They already know that we're all upset, we just need to reinforce our presence in terms of the sheer number of individuals contacting them.  Remember, once per day and that’s it, particularly for voicemail and email.

4) If you send mail to anyone other than Dawn Ostroff, Lauren and/or Alexis, I’m sure as heck not gonna try to discourage you (and in fact, a list of additional addresses that I've gathered is in the process of being proofread for me.  (My brain is fried.)   Wink   Just please make contacting Ms. Ostroff, Lauren and Alexis your first priority. If they get the mail, they are sure to contact everybody else involved, including Ostroff’s bosses at the CW’s corporate parent companies, CBS/Paramount and Warner Brothers, as well as the other actors.  (Or else they’ll hear it through the grapevine.)  NOTE: at this time, Alexis may be in the most need of notes of encouragement to continue the series.

5) Please send snail mail more than once a week. Two times a week is probably optimal.  Write something different each time, choose a different person each time -- a different aspect of what the show means to you, whatever.  Make it anything other than any other letter you've sent to them 'cause once they see an identical one, it registers as a form letter in their minds.

6) Please send your first or only snail mail of any given week by registered mail/return receipt.   It's more expensive than regular snail mail, but it means that someone has to sign for it and acknowledge the receipt, and perhaps they'll take the expense even more seriously than even if it were standard snail mail and thereby be more likely to read it.

7) And send them daisies if you can.  Real daisies, paper daisies, polyester daisies.  Once per week, if you can afford it, twice a month, once a month.  A different person each time, rotating between Dawn, Lauren and Alexis -- and now, Amy Sherman-Palladino (yay!) and Peter Roth.

Cool There is no 8.  That's the point.

9) CONTACT ADVERTISERS:

Divine has set up a word document containing contact information regarding the various national advertisers who placed commercials in the series season finale.  The document can be downloaded at http://root.pcmasters.at/upload/files/9907391-List%20of%20Advertisers.doc (NOTE:  This is an updated url.)   If you contact any of the advertisers, please follow the same rules as I list above and also keep in mind the following: 

* SPECIAL NOTE:  Certain Advertisers have been responsive and positive, some have been non-committal but given "We can't directly affect the fate of the show, but we value your input in how it will help us to determine how we'll choose to determine where we place our advertising in the future."  BOTH are positive responses. Even the non-committal responses probably mean that Gg writers are having an effect behind-the-scenes, so please contact advertisers whether you get the response you think you should get or not.

* Please be sure to compliment them on their support of Gg, add that you like their product if you use it (but don't lie if you don't use it) and let them know about how pleased you are for the companies' support of Gg given Gg's continued high ratings, particularly in light of how terrible the ratings are of Veronica Mars.  Don't otherwise knock VM (it's a good show that, unfortunately has no potential whatsoever to grow in the ratings), but let them know something like, "If the CW is alienating the viewership by cancelling both the high-rated Gilmore Girls and the low-rated Veronica Mars (whose fanbase is probably a subset of Gilmore Girls’ fanbase), doesn't it make sense for you as an advertiser to demand that The CW keep Gilmore Girls in order to retrieve  the goodwill of that viewership and thereby make The CW a much better outlet for your product?" 

* Please, do NOT copy what I wrote word-for-word.  It's not that I'm withholding permission, it's just that letters that are written with the same wording are considered "astroturf," a type of spamming particular to letter-writing campaigns.  Speak/write from the heart about why you like the show/what the show means to you, what you know about what the ratings mean and that you would appreciate the advertisers' support since the networks unveil their new fall schedules to you advertisers next week.  As I said above, BE POLITE, BE ORIGINAL -- the advertisers want to know about your likes and dislikes as it helps them to decide where they're going to put their television advertising dollars.  It's okay to tell the advertisers that you're mad at the network, just don't do it in a way that even implies that you might be mad at the advertisers as the current cancelled state of the show is not their fault.  After all, they'd rather have the show with the higher ratings, y'know.

10) Write to this CW weblog at:  http://blogs.trb.com/network/cwsource/2007/05/rumorville_a_gilmore_girls_tv.html   .   It asks about how you feel about the news that Amy is interested in doing a 2-hour movie version of the show.  I managed to swing the conversation a little in one of my own posts to the blog page, asking everybody to not take wanting to see a season 8 as a given and instead say if they'd want to see a season 8 rather than *just* a movie.

11)  AOL is currently doing a Best and Worst of TV 2007 poll at:  http://television.aol.com/feature/tv-season-end-best-worst-poll .  There are twenty questions, three of them (including question #20) have Gilmore Girls-related choices.  The winners are going to be announced on June 18th, so until the vote actually closes, vote early, vote often!

12)  Moviefone/Cinematical is currently doing a "Have Steve and Lauren Interview Each Other" campaign at their website http://www.httwww.cinematical.com/2007/06/04/steve-carell-and-lauren-graham-ask-evan-almighty-stars-a-ques/ in conjunction with their upcoming movie, Evan Almighty (coming to a theater near you on June 21st).  There's no telling when they'll do the interview, so post your questions in the comment section.  It's okay to add up to three links to your question(s) in the comments section, but do not post ONLY links in your comments as that's spam and it would make us look bad.  And besides, you do want Lauren or Steve to ask your question(s), right?  I didn't know about this event until someone posted it to the alt.tv.gilmore-girls newsgroup and I'm #42 on the page, so you can see that there were a LOT of Gilmore-related questions even before I posted there, so feel free to ask even more Gilmore questions.   Registration may be required (if you already have an AOL email address, you're already signed up as it's an AOL-owned site) and once you've submitted your questions(s), your post will not be posted until you click on an confirmation email.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because now The Sopranos fans will understand how ticked off Gilmore Girls fans are about unresolved "open" endings that are too open, too abrupt to be real endings.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 09:46:22 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
stracciatella
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: June 11, 2007, 10:15:26 am »

I just found this: www.kidzooka.com
In the left hand corner a sign keeps switching between "Tell a friend" and "Gilmore Girls. Help make season 8 a reality. Click GO to do your part.".
It takes you to this:

"Kidzooka Supports The Great8Mandate!
Gilmore Girls fans demand it and we're here to support it. At this very moment, the GilmoreGirls.org is doing everything they can to generate support for an 8th season. And why not?!! The GG is only the best TV show ever and deserves to run forever!

So what can you do? Well, for one, you can visit the GilmoreGirls.org. They have all the names and numbers of people who will ultimately decide the fate of the GG. So click the link below to start turning up the heat.

Another thing you can do is have a party. That's right, a party. Kids just like you are holding "Save The Gilmore Girls" parties all over the country to help spread the word and generate support for an 8th season. If you plan on hosting your own party or have already done so, we'd like to hear about it. Just use the link below to provide us with all the details."

I couldn't find any contact information or I would have tried to get them to put up a link to the petition. Does anyone know who runs this page and how to contact them?
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6130 on: June 11, 2007, 10:35:46 am »

Season 8:  Because now The Sopranos fans will understand how ticked off Gilmore Girls fans are about unresolved "open" endings that are too open, too abrupt to be real endings.

[Forgive the hijack.]
  Oh. my. goodness.  My husband and I are still reeling from last night's finale.  Talk about taking fans for granted!   But I digress... 

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
Mrs.L.Danes
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

I'm in, I'm All in for Season 8!!

View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: June 11, 2007, 10:38:26 am »

I would just like to say something, and I hope its not ranting too much.  But...  How can tons of people, expressing their love and support of a show and wanting its return be ignored?   I believe that every daisy, letter, and call we have made has made a difference!   We are fans of a show that was not cancelled due to disinterest, but negotiations.   There are many on that show that I am sure are ready and able to get to work on a Season 8.  Each contact we make with the Gilmore Girls people, shows them that there is a large audience of consumers out here interested in this project.       We are letting the powers who be - know what we want!  And in my humble opinion, I think the Gilmore Girls show could return with or without Rory (she could return on Season 9, or do cameos),   and it could return on CW, WB, CBS, NBC, ABC or QRZ!  

Our Mandate lets everyone know we support and want season 8.  But I can't imagine everyone we are contacting is not considering optional ways to bring the show back.  Many shows are on the air with barely any fan support.  Gilmore Girls attracts fans worldwide, and we are proving it.

I will continue to send letters, make calls, cut daisys, answer every poll and sign every petition (and maybe even send a couple of pounds of Dunkin Donuts bags of coffee, with daisys glued all over them)!

Sorry for the ranting on and on....
Debbie

TO THOSE WHO APPRECIATE
WISTERIA AND SUNSHINE
SMALL MEDIEVAL ITALIAN CASTLE
On the shores of the Mediterranean to
Be Let Furnished for the month of
April, Servants Remain
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: June 11, 2007, 10:49:04 am »

(and maybe even send a couple of pounds of Dunkin Donuts bags of coffee, with daisys glued all over them)!

Cute!

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: June 11, 2007, 11:20:14 am »

I would just like to say something, and I hope its not ranting too much.  But...  How can tons of people, expressing their love and support of a show and wanting its return be ignored?   I believe that every daisy, letter, and call we have made has made a difference!   We are fans of a show that was not cancelled due to disinterest, but negotiations.   There are many on that show that I am sure are ready and able to get to work on a Season 8.  Each contact we make with the Gilmore Girls people, shows them that there is a large audience of consumers out here interested in this project.       We are letting the powers who be - know what we want!  And in my humble opinion, I think the Gilmore Girls show could return with or without Rory (she could return on Season 9, or do cameos),   and it could return on CW, WB, CBS, NBC, ABC or QRZ!   

Well, shows that are revived usually do NOT change networks -- but also, I don't think that it's the network that we really have to convince to come back -- it's primarily the actresses (Alexis far more than Lauren, given the accuracy of the rumors) and then to convince all three, Dawn, Lauren and Alexis to rebuild the bridges that have been built for the sake of giving the veiwership the real final season that kept getting promised to us in the rollercoast ride of negotations in the last four months of this season.

Our Mandate lets everyone know we support and want season 8.  But I can't imagine everyone we are contacting is not considering optional ways to bring the show back.  Many shows are on the air with barely any fan support.  Gilmore Girls attracts fans worldwide, and we are proving it.

I will continue to send letters, make calls, cut daisys, answer every poll and sign every petition (and maybe even send a couple of pounds of Dunkin Donuts bags of coffee, with daisys glued all over them)!

More importantly, please send out links to this thread -- current page:  http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6630.6120 -- and to the peition at:   http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate in both email FWDs and your various other MBs and online social groups, such as Digg at:  http://digg.com/celebrity/The_Gilmore_Girls_Season_8_Petition as you can. 

Sorry for the ranting on and on....
Debbie

Until you write posts as long as mine are, you're not ranting.  Wink

ALSO, zap2it's TVGal Amy Amatangelo posted the link to the petition in her column today at: 

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/tvgal/zap-tvgal-061107-amyawardcategories,0,252176.story?coll=zap-tv-gal-headlines

and has also called for nominations for her Amy Awards at the same link.  You'll have to post to the MB threads for the individual categories, but no registration is required.  There's a significant Gg presence in the nominations for many categories EXCEPT the equivalent of "Cancelled Show You'll Miss the Most" -- in which Veronica Mars, which I'll definitely miss, is greatly overrepresented at the present.  Not that it's a competition.  It's just that many VM fans are posting VM only when you can nominate up to five nominees in each category.

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because if I'm going to get Migranes and Eyestrain from staring at the computer screen for too long every day, then I'd better get my Gilmore fix next season!
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: June 11, 2007, 11:57:17 am »

As of right now, 2:50pm ET / 11:50am PT, The CW's comment line is open at 1-818-977-6878.  So be sure to make your daily call to the comment line as soon as you can!

ATTENTION VIEWERS IN COMMUTE DISTANCE OF NEW YORK CITY:  Lauren is going to be plugging Evan Almighty next Tuesday, the 19th on the Today Show.  Whether the segment is live or not, if any of you could do the reasonable behind the window stuff regarding Gilmore Girls, such as, say, wearing a T-Shirt that says something along the lines of "Gilmore Girls:  We Want Season 8" or "I <3 Lorelais!" etc. or if they allow (or even disallow) reasonably small white cardboard signs that you can write the same types of slogans on, please make plans to do that Today Show sort of thing that morning.  I'll definitely be taping it.  So let's see what you all can do!

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:   Because if I were given the choice between Season 8 and the gimmick of Graham, Bishop and Bledel starring in Grey Gardens on Broadway after the original cast of that show cycles out of it, I'd rather see them playling Gilmore Girls for another season.
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: