The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 12:46:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734953 times)
stefou83
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #6105 on: June 09, 2007, 08:13:39 pm »

As some of you might know, the link to the petition is posted in the lounge section of the CWTV Website. Unfortunately we do not have much support from them. They think that we should all move on. Well, I don't think so.

http://lounge.cwtv.com/showthread.php?t=122323

Sign the Great8Mandate Petition: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Because Season 8 should start on Tuesday, January 8th, 2008
Imawl4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: June 09, 2007, 08:22:08 pm »

i know that we dropped the whole sending coffee thing a while ago but ive been out of town so-------

someone was wondering how to send the daisies once we get em and a way to get coffee into the delivery could be to put some of the daisies into coffee cans. Huh

which i couldve posted this earlier but i couldn't------sorry! Undecided
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: June 09, 2007, 08:39:23 pm »

As some of you might know, the link to the petition is posted in the lounge section of the CWTV Website. Unfortunately we do not have much support from them. They think that we should all move on. Well, I don't think so.

http://lounge.cwtv.com/showthread.php?t=122323

That's okay.  The link isn't for the regulars, it's for the lurkers who are fed up with the regulars' too-cool-for-school Veronica Mars worshipping that the anti-classist Veronica Mars herself would knock them upside the head for.  That's also why I'm looking for someone to post the link to the E! Boards -- it's not for the regulars who keep acting like 09'ers, it's for the lurkers and Gg fans there who we might not reach otherwise.

Now, on the other hand, here's a link that a friend posted to Usenet -- it's for a link to an upcoming "Unscripted" interview through Moviephone where Steve Carrell and Lauren Graham are going to interview each other via questions posted by readers to the comments section of the page.  There are some interesting questions already:

http://www.httwww.cinematical.com/2007/06/04/steve-carell-and-lauren-graham-ask-evan-almighty-stars-a-ques/

Start thinking up some questions.  Get creative.  And if you're going to try to get Steve to ask Lauren Gg questions, please be creative -- 1) give a question for Lauren to ask Steve as well as the question for Lauren to ask Steve (Please, don't let Steve feel left out -- after all Lorelai's carseat psychologist is Michael Scott's nymphomaniac girlfriend/ex-boss.) and 2) don't go for obvious questions (like, "When is the 13-episode season 8 going to start", as they'll undoubtedly get asked 4-5 times over.  One of the things that I learned from participating in the Monday afternoon chats with Kristin at E! is that if you are creative with your questions, yours' are the questions that are most likely to be picked.

One well-meaning Gg fan already posted just links to the petition and the website without asking a question, so I have a request to make:  PLEASE DO NOT POST ONLY LINKS TO THE PETITION OR TO THIS WEBSITE when posting to the comments section of that website.  It makes the Campaign look very spammy and hurts the cause.

Also, a lot of people are already posting Gilmore questions to the both of them (which IMO is a good thing as long as the majority of the questions are thoughtful, otherwise, they'll go for the dumb questions), so there's no real need to do anything other than, if you want, identifying yourself as a Season 8 Mandater and then asking your questions.

-- Rob

---------------------
Season 8:  Because Evan Almighty would be great publicity for it.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 09:29:10 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Iamlee
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -8

View Profile
« Reply #6108 on: June 10, 2007, 07:10:35 am »

Well, this is going to be a disliked comment but a request was made to stop by here and share some reality with you all because some of the people on the receiving end of all your efforts are concerned about the money being spent by people here, some whom they suspect are spending hard earned dollars on this campaign. 

This post is solely related to the series itself.  I am not going to comment on efforts to support the idea of a GG movie because I don't have any personal knowledge about that possible project. 

Your commitment and sentiment regarding the show are well acknowledged by those you have been contacting/targeting with your emails, voicemail messages, etc.  I have been asked, however, to relay to you that, unfortunately, there is no possibility - whatsoever - of the show returning next season or any other season.  This is, as you know, not the same situation as Jericho.  There is a lot of speculation as to why Gilmore Girls is not returning - some of which has been close to accurate, some wildly off base.  Doesn't matter now.  It is not coming back.

Concerns have been raised about the money spent on daisies and other items.  The concerns, in part, have been due to the fact that people know that many GG fans are quite young and have little money generally.  Harsh to hear, but true, most of the daisies have been winding up in the trash and they and other items/messages are not having the desired impact.  I know that is hard to read but, really, you all should seriously reconsider spending any more money on this effort.  Obviously, it is up to you.  But it was believed that passing the word on to you all was something that should be done. 

I'm not going to answer any questions and this is my one and only comment here.  You can obviously dismiss what I have to say out of hand and debate the truth to it - your choice.

Imawl4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: June 10, 2007, 07:25:44 am »

Well, this is going to be a disliked comment but a request was made to stop by here and share some reality with you all because some of the people on the receiving end of all your efforts are concerned about the money being spent by people here, some whom they suspect are spending hard earned dollars on this campaign. 

This post is solely related to the series itself.  I am not going to comment on efforts to support the idea of a GG movie because I don't have any personal knowledge about that possible project. 

Your commitment and sentiment regarding the show are well acknowledged by those you have been contacting/targeting with your emails, voicemail messages, etc.  I have been asked, however, to relay to you that, unfortunately, there is no possibility - whatsoever - of the show returning next season or any other season.  This is, as you know, not the same situation as Jericho.  There is a lot of speculation as to why Gilmore Girls is not returning - some of which has been close to accurate, some wildly off base.  Doesn't matter now.  It is not coming back.

Concerns have been raised about the money spent on daisies and other items.  The concerns, in part, have been due to the fact that people know that many GG fans are quite young and have little money generally.  Harsh to hear, but true, most of the daisies have been winding up in the trash and they and other items/messages are not having the desired impact.  I know that is hard to read but, really, you all should seriously reconsider spending any more money on this effort.  Obviously, it is up to you.  But it was believed that passing the word on to you all was something that should be done. 

I'm not going to answer any questions and this is my one and only comment here.  You can obviously dismiss what I have to say out of hand and debate the truth to it - your choice.

our situation is even easier to solve then Jericho's. the network ended their show because they felt it wasn't good enough to continue on or something like that. we just have 2 actresses who want a break, one of which feels that she might come back, so it is a lot different just like you said.

a lot of the fans are younger but others are not. i for one am 14 but i help give ideas and i send letters and emails daily. we know us kids cant do much but we try because we want to. and others buy and send things because THEY want to and it is their money so they can do w/e they would like to with it.

if daisies are going in the trash then fine. we and I would rather them not but at least theyre seeing them and they know that we still want to have an 8th season.

this forum is for GG fans to madate for season 8. people can come in here and tell us give up, ure wasting ure time and money, and they have quite a few times, but we're not going to stop so you are now wasting your time.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 07:27:07 am by Imawl4GG » Logged
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6110 on: June 10, 2007, 08:55:56 am »

Oh my, I'm gone for a few days for my anniversary...lots of stuff going here, and then the last 2 comments-- so dramatic! Phew! Snarky for you, lee, tsk, tsk!! And way to tell to tell 'em, awlGG!! Gotta love that Spirit!  Grin

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6111 on: June 10, 2007, 08:59:42 am »

Hi, where did you get this from? Has it been posted online? Is there anyway that you can verify, that this message has been sent to the fans?

Leire

Imawl4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6112 on: June 10, 2007, 09:10:20 am »

Hi, where did you get this from? Has it been posted online? Is there anyway that you can verify, that this message has been sent to the fans?

Leire

someone came on earlier this morning and posted it on here. made a SN Iamlee and made one post and left
Imawl4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: June 10, 2007, 09:14:19 am »

Oh my, I'm gone for a few days for my anniversary...lots of stuff going here, and then the last 2 comments-- so dramatic! Phew! Snarky for you, lee, tsk, tsk!! And way to tell to tell 'em, awlGG!! Gotta love that Spirit!  Grin

happy anniversary and thnx! Smiley
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6114 on: June 10, 2007, 10:02:52 am »

Unless you publicly reveal who you are in a way that can be verified -- with an address, phone number, etc. and corroborating evidence by a media reporter from a news media site posting him/herself in his/her own column that proves that you are at the very least an employee of Warner Brothers, The CW, Lauren Graham or Alexis Bledel, your assertions carry absolutely no weight whatsoever.  We're under no obligation whatsoever to defend our campaign -- it is up to you to prove your assertion.   Since, as you state below, you are unwilling and/or incapable of standing behind your words, we can easily dismiss you as a liar, a coward and a Troll.

If you're not going to answer any questions, then you're a liar, a coward and a Troll and nothing you say can be taken seriously because none of it can be verified.  IOW, you're a Troll and everybody knows it.  Enjoy the attention because, frankly, that's all you're going to get, coward.

-- Rob

PS:  @ Everybody.  After this, do not respond to anyone with any similar posting.  Please click on the Report to Moderator button at the bottom right-hand corner of the offending post instead.  This is not the first time that a coward has Trolled one of the Save Gg sites and it definitely won't be the last, so there's no further need to respond to any of them.

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because The Dragonfly's street needs to be restored to its modern name.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 10:07:53 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: June 10, 2007, 10:58:26 am »

So that bit of idioticness gave me reason to work soooo much harder today.
I've given all my friends and family the link to the petition, so it wouldn't be counted as spam.
I'm continuing writing to local newspapers with the Press Release.
I wrote to Ausiello.
Then I posted on the Steve to Lauren vice versa interview thing.
And I'm making more shirts.

Grin

love is blind so you didn't see me.
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6116 on: June 10, 2007, 11:34:05 am »

The Petition Project FAQ

0) I have a headache right now from staring at the monitor for too long, but I felt that this needed to be posted ASAP and I will revise this into a more comprehensive FAQ later.

1) The purpose of this FAQ is to provide information necessary to get as many people as possible to sign the Gilmore Girls Season 8 petiton at http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate and then to promote the petition as far and as wide as possible.

2) Sign the petition at:  http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

3)  Post the link everywhere you can -- on other message boards having to do with Gilmore Girls, more general shows having to do with Television, MBs dealing with Women's Issues and Women's Rights, or any MB where you either know that there are a lot of Gg fans (even if it's not even remotely Gg or TV-related).  The further away you get from TV-related sites, the more you should please respect the given MBs' policies on Off-Topic Posts.  Some of them don't allow it, some of them DO allow it as long as you start the subject header with the abbreviation OT as in "OT: Please sign the  Save Gilmore Girls Petition."  Please only post such OT posts where you are sure they'll be welcome when it's a non-TV related MB.

4) Circulate the petition and Mandate link through your emal lists, ask your friends to sign the petition, Digg it (more below) and then forward it to other friends

5)  Add the petition link and a link to the most current page of this thread to your siggie on ALL message boards you belong to.  ESPECIALLY if it's not a Gg or TV-related MB.  Even if you haven't started an OT thread on that MB, including a link in your siggie may (and often does) get noticed by someone on the given MB who likes the show and *then* that invites thread drift that is better served by then creating an OT thread on that group.  IOW, including the links in your siggie is a great way to test the waters for how discussing the show in that group might or might not be encouraged.  Also, even if no discussion may break out, other posters may follow the link anyway.

6)  Encourage everyone who has signed or will sign the petition to Digg the site or otherwise recommend it to various social networking/news excahange websites -- the petition includes as a matter of automatic function links to over a dozen of these sites, including Digg.  Digg is easy to register for by clicking on the link at the petition, registering and verifying (which is almost instantaneous after filling out the form and clicking on their verification email) and then clicking on the Digg icon on the petition again, sending you to the Digg site, where you'll click "Digg" right underneath the big Digg rating number on the left.  Those of you who have already signed the petition and haven't Digged the petition, please do so.  Digging the petitio will help to publicize the petition on Digg, which is among the biggest of these sites and please recommed to other people you know who have signed the petition to go back and Digg it.

7) Do as much recruiting as you can to have as many people as you can sign the petition.  The only thing necessary is that the person have their own email address, so you can have as many people in your family sign the peition as you possibly can as long as they have different email addresses.  The current goal is 300 signatures per day and will remain so for at the very *least* the next month.  Even if the petition surpasses the 300 signatures per day goal on any given day, that's great, but we will still need to reach the goal of 300 valid signatures the next day.

SHORT-TERM PROJECT: 

Steve Carrell and Lauren Graham To Interview Each Other With Reader-Provided Questions on the Moviefone/Cinematical website at:

http://www.httwww.cinematical.com/2007/06/04/steve-carell-and-lauren-graham-ask-evan-almighty-stars-a-ques/  . 

Even before I posted there (I am #42) somewhere around 60% of the questions readers have asked the actors to ask each other have had something to do with Gilmore Girls, so I have no problem with recommending that that practice continue.    There's only two steps:

1) Register if you're not already registered.  If you have AOL, you're already registered as AOL owns the site.

2) Post your questions in the comments section.  Post them in the format STEVE TO LAUREN to have Steve ask a question of Lauren and LAUREN TO STEVE for vice-versa.  You *can* add links at the end of your question, but the one thing that no one should do is merely post links to the petition or to this website without posting at least one question for one to ask the other, as including only links, no questions, is spam (Sorry, Wonny!)

3) None of that guarantees that many (if any) Gilmore questions might be answered as the actors also get to ask their own questions of each other, but even the major presence of Gilmore questions that has already been established will provide *somebody* with information on how much continued demand for Gg exists, so every Gilmore question helps even if your question doesn't get asked.  These are short interviews, so it's even *likely* that your question(s) won't get asked, but be creative, ask a question that hasn't been asked before or ask an obvious, basic question in an entertaining way.  Be polite, don't fawn or gush with a dumb question like, "Lauren, what does it feel like to be so beautiful?"  Ask a smart question creatively and maybe your question will be picked.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because, since he owns the building, Luke should buy out the remainder of Taylor's lease on the Ice Cream Shoppe and expand the Diner into it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 11:43:02 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6117 on: June 10, 2007, 01:05:32 pm »

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because, since he owns the building, Luke should buy out the remainder of Taylor's lease on the Ice Cream Shoppe and expand the Diner into it.

Cheesy So true.
Because really, who needs ice cream with a Taylor Tip??

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #6118 on: June 10, 2007, 01:54:23 pm »

i just wanted to tell you that divine and i have contacted many european GG sites during the last few days... some hosts have already put the petition-link to their main page which is great in order to spread the word i think  Smiley hopefully, we'll receive some more replies soon!

keep on mandating!!!  Cool i'm all in - and i'm glad that so many people are still in, too!  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 02:03:41 pm by Junkie » Logged

xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #6119 on: June 10, 2007, 02:28:52 pm »

I haven't been around much lately but it's great to still see everyone fighting for GG! Smiley  Anything I can do to help,I'm all for it!!
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: