The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 05:38:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1766340 times)
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #6045 on: June 08, 2007, 11:38:56 am »

@ShutUpRob, just so ya know, the period at the end of the petition link in the welcome post causes it not to come up.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6046 on: June 08, 2007, 12:00:03 pm »

Kudos to you, PugdySmudgy!

Heidi had organized a campaign to pool funds to buy daisies through her PayPal account last month -- specifically so that those overseas and those with not a lot of money could contribute.  If you want to do that and then send them through one of the florist networks (FTD must be worldwide), then feel free to organize your own edition of the campaign, just ask whoever you buy the flowers from to have the delivery florist take a picture of them (if possible) so that you can post the picture here.  Or PM Heidi and ask her if she'll set another one up.

Oh, I hope we can do that again.
   Real daisies, paper daisies, fabric daisies, whatever.  Daisies at all costs as long as there's a deluge!    Grin

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
Mak
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: June 08, 2007, 12:09:31 pm »

@ FRANNIE, CHOCOLAT GILMORE, HEATHER Huh I'm losing track here ... I think the polyester daisies is the way to go, not so much sending them on our own, as POOLING our resources and buying 'a spitload' of them, in Rob's words, and we should be thinking thousands and thousands and thousands!!!! POOLING is so important I think, FIRST because we can start haggling (I tried to E-mail Oriental Trading to ask what they could do if we buy humongous quantities, but their E-mail form won't accept an address from outside the US. I'm guessing one of you guys has already come up with the same idea). SECOND because I think small boxes or separate bags or envelopes full of daisies arriving at intervals will never get the attention in the press (meaning more pressure on the actresses and the network!!!!!!!!!!) as ONE BIG BURST OF DAISIES hitting them in the face. That's why I think we should all wait a while now, at least a couple of weeks (but continuing with all the letters, petition stuff etc. of course!!!), SAVE OUR MONEY while we keep spreading the word and keep CANVASSING, at least until their is A DEFINITIVE AND COORDINATED PLAN, AND ENOUGH MONEY TO MAKE THIS TRULY EYE-CATCHING. Someone mentioned the problem of these daisies arriving in anonymous and bland post-bags. I agree, that's a problem. I believe it's important to start looking out for people living near Los Angeles (PUDGYSMUDGY?) or travelling there at some point in the near future, who could 'DO' SOMETHING with these heaps and heaps of daisies, something big enough to have the media pay attention. The Jericho's sent truckloads of nuts, we should send bags and bags and bags of daisies, but just think what EXTRA ATTENTION we could muster, if we did SOMETHING SPECTACULAR with these daisies. What if we could find, say 10 persons, who could collect the bags of daisies somewhere, then empty them all at once, outside the CW offices on the pavement fi, or even MORE SPECTACULAR, what if they were standing on the roof of a tall building and they would let these daisies fly off into the wind, all in one go, or if they were standing on a bridge and let them fly off, then float away. Of COURSE, you would have to ALERT THE MEDIA before you pulled such a STUNT, and make sure you got plenty of images yourself, to post on the web and again, send to the principal players in all this. It NEEDS TO BE BIG or we risk being written off as just a bunch of juvenile letter writers, as someone above put it, and I agree. We need to prove we can stand UNITED and give them a HUGE SIGNAL. Oh, I'm getting totally sucked into this whole thing...
lilag02
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: June 08, 2007, 12:20:05 pm »

I was thinking along the same lines as you, however I'm pretty sure that they may go over as littering.  We do somehow need to make a big bang!  Big boxes or bags (large numbers of them) of daisies with mandate logos mixed in might be okay as long as they all arrive at one time.  Just shipping them directly when we order probably won't.

Laura
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 12:22:05 pm by lilag02 » Logged
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: June 08, 2007, 01:18:46 pm »

@ShutUpRob, just so ya know, the period at the end of the petition link in the welcome post causes it not to come up.

yeah its happening for me too. when i click the petition link it says its deleted or moved.

sarah =)
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: June 08, 2007, 01:25:25 pm »

Hey Lauren Graham is scheduled to be on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on June 12th, and the Today show on June 19th. 
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: June 08, 2007, 01:37:42 pm »

yeah its happening for me too. when i click the petition link it says its deleted or moved.

all you have to do is erase the period atthe end, I'm pretty sure the links posted everywhere else are working.

Hey Lauren Graham is scheduled to be on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on June 12th, and the Today show on June 19th.

Does this mean it's time for "projcet: Lauen." It could be more effective than "project: Alexis" because I think alot of new people has joined the mandate over the last few days.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: June 08, 2007, 02:26:31 pm »

Love the ideas!

Now - a little off topic and hopefully this won't get me snarked, but is any one else worried that people are acting like the movie is a done deal?   I think it's not good at all for people to say, "Well they're doing a movie, so I'll wait for that."   Nowhere have we seen where anyone has committed to a movie.  The fact is, pushing for Season 8 may be the only thing that gets the movie made.  I support both outcomes, but I just wanted to voice that concern. 

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: June 08, 2007, 02:49:01 pm »

Heather, Rob

I've been thinking all day about the daisy campaign... First we have to see if Oriental Trading will be the sponsor of our thousands of daisies.  Just like the Jericho Campaign.  They got Nuts Online to accept all the payments and they sent out thousands of Nuts in the name of The Jericho Campaign.  We need someone who has been a member on this board for a long time to write a really great letter (e-mail) about the Great 8 Mandate and the daisy campaign  to Oriental Trading to see if they are able to handle what we need and if they would do it for us.  Also we probably would like to be able to send them either stickers saying something like "From the Great 8 Mandate" to be placed outside the box  or a card to be in the box with the daisies.

If Oriental Trading  can't  handle it, I have been looking at wholesale silk flower companies online.   Maybe a smaller company might like the business and help with the campaign.    I have seen bunches of daisies on these sites for between 4.00 and 7.00.    For example see the following website:
http://www.usifloral.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1992

I have a few more sites if necessary with silk daisies at reasonable prices.

In my opinion this is probably the best way to handle it at this time.  People can order what they can afford at the company website, use their credit card or send in a payment.   No Paypal problems, or someone being responsible for all the daisies being sent...etc, etc. etc. 

Frannie

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: June 08, 2007, 02:50:47 pm »

Has anyone else had a problem leaving a message for the CW? I have not been able to for four days, despite trying at different times of the day/evening.

I want that mailbox maxed out, so if you all are just maxing it out before I get to it, EXCELLENT, but if not, I'm bummed because I want our voice heard. I hope it doesn't mean that they are purposely not emptying the mailbox.

I've been calling it at different times of the day over the past couple of days and gotten the Full message -- just called it now, in fact, and it should have been emptied/refreshed for the day by now.  I suspect that they aren't currently checking it -- don't know why.  Could be that the person that does the checking is on vacation, could be that between Gg fans and VM fans, they're tired of checking it for a while.  We don't know.  The point is, keep trying -- and keep trying at different times of the day.  If, as I speculated above, the person that deal with the comment line is on vacation this week, the mailbox would likely then be freed up sometime on Monday.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because Rune's sanity must be questioned.
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: June 08, 2007, 02:54:30 pm »

The last link I posted the bunch of daises cost  7.00   

At this link (same company) Mini bunch of daisies cost 2.00

http://www.usifloral.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2252
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: June 08, 2007, 02:59:52 pm »

D'OH!  Thanks!  I've been out shopping for the past 3 hours, so I just made the change.

--- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because misteakes kan happen and misteakes kan bee fixxxxed mistakes can be fixed.
Sabrina_mx
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: June 08, 2007, 03:03:02 pm »

Hello y'all!
I tried the link you gave n it happened the same someone saiD...  Undecided it says its deleted or moved
One more thing, I am in Mexico... What else can I do??
I ust saw the final last night, I am so sad-mad-disappointed cos I dont think thats a decent end for the show
I agree WE DESERVED SOMETHING BETTER

Angel... You've got wings babe!!
I want GG back!!!
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: June 08, 2007, 03:15:29 pm »

Hello y'all!
I tried the link you gave n it happened the same someone saiD...  Undecided it says its deleted or moved
One more thing, I am in Mexico... What else can I do??
I ust saw the final last night, I am so sad-mad-disappointed cos I dont think thats a decent end for the show
I agree WE DESERVED SOMETHING BETTER

I committed a typo.  I corrected the misteak in the Welcome Post, but it's still:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

BTW, this misteak is a great opportunity to ask everybody -- Please put the petition link into your siggies, not just here, but more importantly, at any and all other MBs that you post to, even non-Gg ones.  "Sign the Save Gilmore Girls Petition at http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate and then spread the word to get as many people as you can to sign it."  Stuff like that.  That'll help deal with anymore tighpoes.

-- Robbbbbb-bbb-bbbb

----------------------
Season 8:  Because Gilmore Girls:Evan Almighty::heroin:methadone.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 03:25:31 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Timecardslave
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: June 08, 2007, 03:17:28 pm »

I just signed and now there are 738 signatures
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: