The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 12:44:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734920 times)
lilag02
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6030 on: June 07, 2007, 08:12:10 pm »

Okay, so I'm finally going to post here.  I've been lurking for about a month and have been a silent participant thus far.  With all of the brainstorming going on I wanted to throw in my two cents.  I really like the idea of a coffee campaign, but I was thinking more along the lines of whole beans in order to bypass the whole "powdery substance" issue.  However, if the CW is not going to accept food items, the whole idea becomes pointless.  

On to the very pointless point of my post...a very good reason to continue with the daisies, check out the Capitol File link again.  Lauren's on the cover with what?  That's right...daisies.  Nevermind that it only weakens the campaign to change tactics right smack in the middle.

Just my thoughts...whatever it takes to give "the girls" a proper goodbye!

Laura
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: June 07, 2007, 08:28:47 pm »

You guys have already branded the "Great8Mandate" with daisies.  Don't switch in midstream!  It is way to confusing and the mass public wont get it.   (Why do you think that you'll never see a green coke label?) With the awesome effort that you have already put into the mandate, I'm sure that everytime CW et. al sees a daisy package come through, they know its you.   That is how you know you are reaching people. If you don't send real daisies, that's fine but keep theme! Use other ways to get daisys to the show.   

Pretty stick for you.

My brain is fried so thanks for saying what I've been thinking.

I think the daisies are our best bet and well known and we KNOW that Lauren, Alexis, Dawn and Amy all get the symbolism behind it. 

I'm LOVING the Oriental Trading daisies.  I was thinking of them this morning and I couldn't think of the name.

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: June 07, 2007, 08:49:28 pm »

You guys have already branded the "Great8Mandate" with daisies. Don't switch in midstream! It is way to confusing and the mass public wont get it. (Why do you think that you'll never see a green coke label?) With the awesome effort that you have already put into the mandate, I'm sure that everytime CW et. al sees a daisy package come through, they know its you. That is how you know you are reaching people. If you don't send real daisies, that's fine but keep theme! Use other ways to get daisys to the show.

Pretty stick for you.

My brain is fried so thanks for saying what I've been thinking.

I think the daisies are our best bet and well known and we KNOW that Lauren, Alexis, Dawn and Amy all get the symbolism behind it.

I'm LOVING the Oriental Trading daisies. I was thinking of them this morning and I couldn't think of the name.

I agree. We should send Daises wheather they are real, polyster or paper, anything daisy will do. That orental trading place had 250 of those little daisies for like 5 dollars, you can't get much cheaper than that.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: June 07, 2007, 09:11:50 pm »

Yes, Amy said in a couple of years, not this coming year as Berman put it.  Maybe Berman got his wires crossed, maybe he didn't.  In any case, I think that a 2-hour movie finish by Amy should be preceded by at least a mini-season of around 13 episodes to address all of the other threads so that a 2-hour finale could deal with as few dangling plotlines as possible and thereby not be anything even remotely as rushed as the season 7 finale is in its unintended context as the series finale that it never should have been.  So IMO, business as usual, no reason whatsoever to relax.

I agree!  Thanks so much for keeping us informed, Rob!

Just went on the Oriental Trading Site and figured out the shipping costs. 

Bag of 250 daisies - 4.95     Shipping for 1 bag 6.95   

If you buy 4 bags = 1,000 daisies  Shipping for the 4 bags is still 6.95

That sounds great!   Should we go ahead and start an order?   If you have paypal, I can send you money right now.   Or do you want to do it separately?   Who should we send them to first?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 09:21:01 pm by ChocolatGilmore » Logged

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: June 07, 2007, 09:27:30 pm »

Yes, Amy said in a couple of years, not this coming year as Berman put it.  Maybe Berman got his wires crossed, maybe he didn't.  In any case, I think that a 2-hour movie finish by Amy should be preceded by at least a mini-season of around 13 episodes to address all of the other threads so that a 2-hour finale could deal with as few dangling plotlines as possible and thereby not be anything even remotely as rushed as the season 7 finale is in its unintended context as the series finale that it never should have been.  So IMO, business as usual, no reason whatsoever to relax.

I agree!  Thanks so much for keeping us informed, Rob!

Just went on the Oriental Trading Site and figured out the shipping costs. 

Bag of 250 daisies - 4.95     Shipping for 1 bag 6.95   

If you buy 4 bags = 1,000 daisies  Shipping for the 4 bags is still 6.95

That sounds great!   Should we go ahead and start an order?   If you have paypal, I can send you money right now.   Or do you want to do it separately?   Who should we send them to first?

Hey guys ...

We're going to try and find a way to do this collectively.  Hold on to your hats for a day or two here while we figure out the best way to do this in an organized fashion.

Please keep this in mind with EVERY PROJECT --

We want to be organized, focus, clear, concise.  If we have all these sporadic projects, it just doesn't work.  The fans of Jericho got something accomplished because they workd together and got big projects accomplished.  That's what we're still trying to do.  So hang tight -- we love that you want to do this.

But I think there may be an easier way to do this than using PayPal -- but I want to chitchat with Frannie about it first, as long as she's okay with the thought I had.  Cheesy

Basically -- anyone can order from this site ... but have the daisies mailed wherever they want, no PayPal necessary. So if Frannie was willing to receive the shipments of all these daisies to her and then mail them, that may work.  More people can participate then.  If she's not able -- which is totally fine, finding them was a big thing, and we appreciate it -- I can take that on. Smiley

Keep working on the ideas we already have for a bit here, folks.  And great call with the Oriental Trading daisies Frannie.  As you can tell, we all really love it! Cheesy

--Heather

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: June 07, 2007, 09:35:58 pm »

Will do, Heather...thanks!  I love the idea of doing it collectively.  Maybe we can even get a company to give us a discount as the Jericho fans did.  I dunno.    Still brainstorming, I guess...lol. 
I just meant sending coffee mugs, like someone suggested.
Or sending labels off coffee canisters and such.
But I will put these ideas on the backburner now.

I hear ya.  Maybe even coffee beans or something like that.   OK, getting sleepy now.

I really like the idea of a coffee campaign, but I was thinking more along the lines of whole beans in order to bypass the whole "powdery substance" issue. 

LOL... sounds like you and I were on the same page.  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 09:51:33 pm by ChocolatGilmore » Logged

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
lilag02
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: June 07, 2007, 09:43:05 pm »

Heather,

I'm thinking along the same lines as you, they all need to go out together.  My first thought was to send them to whoever the intended recipient was, however I imagine that they come in a bag or box, and I think that that ruins the impact of it.  Maybe we can come up with a way to present them before they are mailed.  I'd be willing to take on the project, but like you I'd need some financial help (for whatever presentation material we use and shipping).  I'm not a college student, but we are for now a paycheck to paycheck family with two in diapers, and me starting new career in real estate (where any extra $$$ goes for now)

I really want my Tuesday night date with Stars Hollow back!  I think my husband and kids probably do too, they are starting to wonder what's wrong with me. Cheesy

Laura
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: June 07, 2007, 09:58:20 pm »

All these ideas are fabulous and I have enjoyed reading them, but I was wondering what I, an Aussie GG fan, can do other than write to the CW & Lauren & Alexis' management and sign petitions.  Is there anything that us overseas GG fans could do to help the cause?? 

Aussiebee  Smiley

Heidi had organized a campaign to pool funds to buy daisies through her PayPal account last month -- specifically so that those overseas and those with not a lot of money could contribute.  If you want to do that and then send them through one of the florist networks (FTD must be worldwide), then feel free to organize your own edition of the campaign, just ask whoever you buy the flowers from to have the delivery florist take a picture of them (if possible) so that you can post the picture here.  Or PM Heidi and ask her if she'll set another one up.

ETA:  The petition just passed 500 signatures at 1:11am ET.  Let's get somewhere around 100 times that amount of signatures within the next month or so (I'm not kidding.  Jericho got 114K signatures.) -- or, at least, by the time I go to Comic-Con at the end of July.  I might just be able to, like, deliver the printouts in person.

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because Gypsy looks to me like a Romany Lucy Van Pelt.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 10:16:49 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 125

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: June 08, 2007, 12:25:06 am »

I like the Oriental Trading daisies. They are cheap. I think we should order in a huge bulk and see if we could get a discount from the company on them. I say we send THOUSANDS of daisies! Grin. We could collect the money from everyone and have them delivered all at once and make a huge impact. Five dollars for 250 daisies is cheap and we'd be able to have more people participate( like me) who don't have a lot to spend. I think the fabric daisies would get the point across nicely. We could just focus on sending as many daisies as we can at once with our petition for season 8. So let's go with the daisies from Oriental Trading. They may be fake but they'll get the point across.

Have a great day!  Grin  Lori

"Season 8:  because we need to find out what's the deal with the mysterious Mr. Kim, the frequently mentioned but never seen enigma during season 1!"
(I think Mrs. Kim shipped him back to Korea with Lane in that GINORMOUS suitcase!!)  Grin  How's that Rob?

Lori: "Friends come and go but I'm your mother. I'll always be here for you."
Ariel: "What if I'm an Archeologist in Eygpt and I'm having hallucinations and manic?"
Lori: "Then I'll be on the next plane. I won't give up ever"
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6039 on: June 08, 2007, 05:12:02 am »

Hi Everybody!

First of all, I am really happy that we could finaly decide about what we wanna send. I looked at this oriental-site and the offer looks like perfect for our cause!
So, when I got that right - we are now (within the next days) starting another round of collecting money and then sending the daisies? Of course I am ready to donate a few dollars - and with anyone sending some dollars, I am sure we can cover them with daisies *lol*.

@Rob, thanks for writing to gilmoregirlsnews.com and posting here that you got response. The minds of the fans are really divided - but I am glad, that there are still so many people who support season 8.

Someone also mentioned wiki - I thought about posting a link to the petition there, too .. I have the site on my list. Probably the post from yesterday somehow got lost with all the new pages, but Junkie, KukuLeni & I, already have a list which contains 60 gilmore-sites. The ones that posted an e-mail adress, we already contacted. On the other ones, we are posting the link today. I just want to avoid double-posts or mails .. that's the whole point of my previous lines  Grin
Denise from lauren-online.net already replied and posted the link on her website. I hope many positive answers are going to follow.

564 signatures already - this rocks!! And we are listed as most active petition at the moment. This is so exciting Wink

Timecardslave
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: June 08, 2007, 06:15:50 am »

Hi! I would like to add a couple names to the list if I could.

Amy age 24 from IL
Bill age 30 from IL

Thanks!
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: June 08, 2007, 07:03:56 am »

Hi! I would like to add a couple names to the list if I could.

Amy age 24 from IL
Bill age 30 from IL

Thanks!

Timecard -- and anyone else -- can  you PM these names to me??  It's easiest for me to keep track of them.  I'm at work now and if they're PMd to me I'll definitely get them.

We've got a different idea instead of donation for these daisies, folks, so hang tight.  Information will come this evening!

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: June 08, 2007, 10:17:24 am »

Rob's Great 8 Mandate Welcome Post and Mail Primer

For those of you who are new to the Great 8 Mandate Thread, Welcome!  I know that a lot of you are wondering what you can do to help try to convince the CW to uncancel Gilmore Girls.  Well, heck -- Amy Sherman-Palladino has voiced interest in doing a 2-hour movie, and Scott Patterson, Kelly Bishop and Liza Weil have all three voiced reservations about the season finale being a series finale -- so it's clear that no matter how much time is passing, most people that are most important to the show (some of whom have even left the show) *do* want to keep it going.  So that's all the more reason to keep going, full speed ahead.   This post is about voicemail, email and snail mail.  Here’s what you can do:

1) NEW! SIGN THE GREAT 8 MANDATE PETITION AT http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate
  Jericho did about 114K signatures on their online petition in somewhere around a month's time.  Given that we just started and it takes time for the news of the petition to reach the various parts of Gg fandom it willl take time and your recruitment efforts to get it up to a reasonable goal.  Given Jericho's ratings (a bit more than twice what Gg's average is), I think that we, as fans of a top-rated show on a smaller network, should be able to raise well into the five-figures in about a month.  Post the petition link on message boards far and wide, put them into your sigs on non-Gg MBs, do the facebook-myspace stuff and spread the word by email.  IInclude a short note of "I signed the petition, please sign it, too."

SPECIAL NOTE:  Let the people you talk to know that signing the petition means that you simply want Gg to resolve in some way. If you think that it should finish with 13 episodes, which is our goal here, then great!  If you want only a 2-hour movie or think that a 2-hour movie is all that Gg fans can get, then great, too!  No one should be made to feel left out of signing the petition just because of what they think we can get!  Your signature can be accompanied by a comment, so you should mention your feelings and goals there!

2)  SEND SNAIL MAIL:

Handwriting is fine if your penmanship is good because it's such a personal form of communication.  Otherwise, typing and signing and mailing by snail mail is the single BEST way to contact them.  They expect to be deluged with email and voicemail and that helps as far as it goes, but the amount of effort that it takes to write/type a letter on paper and send it in an envelope always  makes a bigger impression than email and voicemail and the like.  There's a rule of thumb that floats about in various media industries that every individual piece of correspondence that's written on paper and delivered by mail represents the sentiments of at least 7 other people.  So if literally tens of thousands of pieces of snail mail are received, that's going to make a MUCH bigger impact on them than electronic forms of mail.

There are various addresses you can send your correspondence to, which are posted on page 1 of the thread, but IMO, the people who have the most potential to help are IMO, Lauren, Alexis and the CW’s President of Entertainment, Dawn Ostroff, who is the nexus of all network realities at the CW.  They can be contacted at the following addresses:

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Email:  Michael Flutie: [email protected]
Email:  Paul M. Brown:  [email protected]

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002
Email: [email protected]
or post your comments at the Lounge at www.cwtv.com

Peter Roth
President, Warner Brothers Television
300 Television Plaza
Burbank, CA 91505

Amy Sherman-Palladino
c/o Creative Artists Agency
2000 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067

As the series season finale has passed, email and voicemail can become handy, but don't discount Snail Mail as the network and actors will always take Snail Mail more seriously than any other form of correspondence.  Snail Mail has become even more important now that the Upfronts have been announced, so I have a few tips/suggestions to help make you make your letters, voicemail and email as effective as possible:

* BE BRIEF:  Keep the length of your letter down to ONE side of ONE page, double space it and use a simple 10 or 12-point Times font.  (Arial font is hard to read.)   If your letter goes on for only one or two more lines beyond a page, don't sweat it, but the longer the letter is, the less of it they'll read before they move on to the next one.  Double-spacing is the exact opposite in print as it is online -- it's much  easier to read on paper than single spacing is -- and again, the need to be as brief as possible will make you more concise and to-the-point.  Conversely, single spacing will make you look a little wacky, especially if you go on for more than one page.

* BE BRIEF (AGAIN):  If you must single-space to get all you want on one page, skip a line between each paragraph as that will help maximize readability.  But definitely do not go over one side of one page at all.  And I'd suggest if you're going to do single-spacing your message should take up no more than 2/3rds of the page, not counting your signature.

* BE BRIEF (FOR VOICEMAIL AND EMAIL):  If you leave a long voicemail, it sounds like a ramble by somebody who's unstable.  Just say who you are, where you're from, your approximate age, why you like Gg and why you think it shouldn't end/why you think the season finale is not enough.  Don't beat yourself up if you think you went on for too long, though, as your nervousness will likely screw with your head.  And be sure to thank the people you're contacting for their time and consideration.

* BE POLITE: I know that there's a lot of anger and sadness going on right now, but don't unleash any of it on the person that you're writing too (s/he may not even be responsible for what's happening to the show).  Just tell them why you like the show, the actors, the stories, how it affects you, why you think it should continue, etc.  If your letter is all tone and no substance, they won't read it.  Or maybe the first person who reads it won't pass it on to someone else at the studio or directly involved with the show.

* BE POLITE (Again):   DON'T mention salary issues because it's not our place to address them.  Some form of "I hope that you are still looking for a solution that results in the show going on" would IMO be a great way to sidestep that issue.

* ADD PAPER DAISIES TO YOUR LETTER:   Find a picture of a daisy, print and cut out lots of copies of them, send a dozen or two of them with your snail mail letter to the various contact addresses.  And when I mean cut out a lot of copies of them, cut out individual squares or rectangles of the pictures, whatever shape the picture is (cutting out the outline of the daisy over and over again would, of course, be Paris-level insane).  Enclose them in the letter when you fold it so that when the person has to open the letter, the paper daisies *have* to fall out.  One creative thing to put in the mix -- maybe sub out one of the daisies and insert a Great8 Mandate logo instead.

3)  SEND EMAIL OR VOICEMAIL

The CW's comment line is 1-818-977-6878.   It is voicemail and it often (but not always) fills up by early evening -- and appears to be full the entire weekend from whenever time on Fridays it fills up.

If you are going to send an email or leave a voice mail, that’s okay as a reinforcement of your Snail Mail, but DO NOT AS AN INDIVIDUAL FLOOD ANY INDIVIDUAL ACTOR OR PERSON AT THE CW OR WARNERS WITH MULTIPLE VOICE MAILS OR E-MAILS ON THE SAME DAY.  It will do the exact opposite of what you intend because it's considered spamming and more or less harassment.[/i]  They want to hear from as many individuals as possible.  And Snail Mail is a better way to do it than either email or voicemail because it's a tangible representation of the viewership's sentiments while electronic forms of correspondence are more abstract (because you can't hold them in your hands) and therefore easy to forget.  And remember to BE POLITE AND POSITIVE.  They already know that we're all upset, we just need to reinforce our presence in terms of the sheer number of individuals contacting them.  Remember, once per day and that’s it, particularly for voicemail and email.

4) If you send mail to anyone other than Dawn Ostroff, Lauren and/or Alexis, I’m sure as heck not gonna try to discourage you (and in fact, a list of additional addresses that I've gathered is in the process of being proofread for me.  (My brain is fried.)   Wink   Just please make contacting Ms. Ostroff, Lauren and Alexis your first priority. If they get the mail, they are sure to contact everybody else involved, including Ostroff’s bosses at the CW’s corporate parent companies, CBS/Paramount and Warner Brothers, as well as the other actors.  (Or else they’ll hear it through the grapevine.)  NOTE: at this time, Alexis may be in the most need of notes of encouragement to continue the series.

5) Please send snail mail more than once a week. Two times a week is probably optimal.  Write something different each time, choose a different person each time -- a different aspect of what the show means to you, whatever.  Make it anything other than any other letter you've sent to them 'cause once they see an identical one, it registers as a form letter in their minds.

6) Please send your first or only snail mail of any given week by registered mail/return receipt.   It's more expensive than regular snail mail, but it means that someone has to sign for it and acknowledge the receipt, and perhaps they'll take the expense even more seriously than even if it were standard snail mail and thereby be more likely to read it.

7) And send them daisies.  Real daisies, paper daisies, polyester daisies.  Once per week, if you can afford it, twice a month, once a month.  A different person each time, rotating between Dawn, Lauren and Alexis -- and now, Amy Sherman-Palladino (yay!) and Peter Roth.

Cool There is no 8.  That's the point.

9) CONTACT ADVERTISERS:

Divine has set up a word document containing contact information regarding the various national advertisers who placed commercials in the series season finale.  The document can be downloaded at http://root.pcmasters.at/upload/files/9907391-List%20of%20Advertisers.doc (NOTE:  This is an updated url.)   If you contact any of the advertisers, please follow the same rules as I list above and also keep in mind the following: 

* Please be sure to compliment them on their support of Gg, add that you like their product if you use it (but don't lie if you don't use it) and let them know about how pleased you are for the companies' support of Gg given Gg's continued high ratings, particularly in light of how terrible the ratings are of Veronica Mars.  Don't otherwise knock VM (it's a good show that, unfortunately has no potential whatsoever to grow in the ratings), but let them know something like, "If the CW is alienating the viewership by cancelling both the high-rated Gilmore Girls and the low-rated Veronica Mars (whose fanbase is probably a subset of Gilmore Girls’ fanbase), doesn't it make sense for you as an advertiser to demand that The CW keep Gilmore Girls in order to retrieve  the goodwill of that viewership and thereby make The CW a much better outlet for your product?" 

* Please, do NOT copy what I wrote word-for-word.  It's not that I'm withholding permission, it's just that letters that are written with the same wording are considered "astroturf," a type of spamming particular to letter-writing campaigns.  Speak/write from the heart about why you like the show/what the show means to you, what you know about what the ratings mean and that you would appreciate the advertisers' support since the networks unveil their new fall schedules to you advertisers next week.  As I said above, BE POLITE, BE ORIGINAL -- the advertisers want to know about your likes and dislikes as it helps them to decide where they're going to put their television advertising dollars.  It's okay to tell the advertisers that you're mad at the network, just don't do it in a way that even implies that you might be mad at the advertisers as the current cancelled state of the show is not their fault.  After all, they'd rather have the show with the higher ratings, y'know.

10) Write to this CW weblog at:  http://blogs.trb.com/network/cwsource/2007/05/rumorville_a_gilmore_girls_tv.html   .   It asks about how you feel about the news that Amy is interested in doing a 2-hour movie version of the show.  I managed to swing the conversation a little in one of my own posts to the blog page, asking everybody to not take wanting to see a season 8 as a given and instead say if they'd want to see a season 8 rather than *just* a movie.

11)  AOL is currently doing a Best and Worst of TV 2007 poll at:  http://television.aol.com/feature/tv-season-end-best-worst-poll .  There are twenty questions, three of them (including question #20) have Gilmore Girls-related choices.  The winners are going to be announced on June 18th, so until the vote actually closes, vote early, vote often!

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because Rory has an Elektra Oedipus Complex.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 02:57:33 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
somechick03862
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: June 08, 2007, 10:37:42 am »

Has anyone else had a problem leaving a message for the CW? I have not been able to for four days, despite trying at different times of the day/evening.

I want that mailbox maxed out, so if you all are just maxing it out before I get to it, EXCELLENT, but if not, I'm bummed because I want our voice heard. I hope it doesn't mean that they are purposely not emptying the mailbox.
pudgysmudgy
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: June 08, 2007, 11:28:20 am »

Hi, I haven't posted here yet.  I did send daisies last week, the paper kind.  I used a die cut machine and send manilla envelopes to Lauren, Alexis, Amy Sherman-Palladino and the president of the CW.  I too believe they need to wrap up the show with a season 8, and as I watch the previous episodes that are showing on our channel 64, the family channel, I am observing that there was much more banter as well as the fun references in the earlier seasons.  But.....I do think they were just starting to find a rhythm when the show was cancelled and would really like to see them conclude the story line a little better than how it has been left.

I would love to see a 2 hour movie, but I am concerned that it would be cheesy like many made for TV movies are.   I am also concerned that the sets may have already been disassembled and that the hope of a Season 8 is over.  Nevertheless, I keep hoping.  I am 51 and live in Southern California and I have thoroughly enjoyed the show.  My 26 year old married daughter introduced me to the show when she went away to college.  I will miss the show very much but as I said above, I am still hopeful. Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: