The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 10:05:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1766127 times)
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6015 on: June 07, 2007, 04:43:34 pm »

Honestly, the prettystick idea is obscure enough to be cute, but not effective.   Many of us in this thread don't even "get it", lol.     Kiss    I think the following idea is more effective and even cheaper.

Just a thought.  In the elementary school where I teach.  Most of our teachers have for years bought things from a place called Oriental Trading
www.orientaltrading.com

I went to the site and put daisies into the search box.   You can get 250  one and a quarter inch yellow daisies for 4.95 plus shipping.  There are other daisy products there too.

By the way, there are 4 of us at work 50+ years old that love Gilmore Girls... 

I LOVE it, Frannie!   Way to stick with the daisy theme.   There's no reason for us to only go with live daisies as long as they're daisies.   Smiley   This is something we can do individually or together.   That said, prettystick to you for the wiki idea, too.   Lemme know if you need help with it.   
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 04:52:24 pm by ChocolatGilmore » Logged

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: June 07, 2007, 06:26:38 pm »

Today is my last final and I'm going to have two-weeks before next semester stars so i'm really going to try to do as much as I can  for this campagne. I noticed that alot of you are still in high which is good, because you'll probalie be having alot of free time soon, with it being summer and all. First of all I know that writing to various magazines have been mentioned before, but I think it needs to be pushed a little more.  So her's what I'm going to try to do over the next couple of days, I'm going to try to put togather a list of some popular magazine along with there adress (for snail mail) and email adresses. And I was thinking we could even start writing to like ET, Acess Hollywood, and I know theres other shows like that I just can't think of right down. If any one magazine/televison show gets enough letters there bound to mention something. I think thats what we need, plublicity, thats why so many signed the jericho petition, Jericho was all over t.v. Anyway I'm going to start working on that tonight as soon as i'm done with my english paper.

Britni,

I've sent every teen oriented and entertainment oriented magazine a 5 page media packet with demographic analysis of the fans who have signed the letter -- over two-hundred.

I've also sent letters to every single major daily newspaper in the country, many locals, and college papers.

We don't want too many people sending things to the papers because they will look at it as juvenile.  I've written for several newspapers and when they get a press release, they look at it and pass it around and if they feel there's a reason to write about it, they will.  Additionally, if we send multiple letters to newspapers, they don't know who to contact -- too many cooks in the kitchen.  So they'll botch the whole idea together.  This way, I have a database of fans and where they are located and if a paper or magazine is interested, I can put them in touch with fans using that.

Smiley

--Heather

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: June 07, 2007, 06:30:56 pm »

I really love that the Jericho fans did peanuts.  I wish we could do coffee -- but what's true is that it could get looked at by security as potential Anthrax or drugs ... Undecided

If you guys are sending things, you COULD send them in coffee cans. 

I was also thinking maybe some sort of candy?  Something that they ALWAYS have for movie nights.  Red vines?  Something cheap like that that you can get at the dollar store.

I don't know ...

I'm off to go work on more PR stuff ...

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
Imawl4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: June 07, 2007, 06:49:20 pm »

just a heads up bout the AOL TV Poll:

Hottest Single Mom:

Lorelai: 32%
Hannah: 28%
Sam: 18%
Christine: 14%
Nancy: 8%

Couple You Loved to Love:

LORELAI and luke: 31%
Sun & Jin: 23%
Turk and Carla: 23%

Strongest Network:

ABC: 36%
FOX: 25%
NBC: 17%
CBS: 16%
CW: 5%

Cancelled Show You'll Miss the Most:

Gilmore Girls: 48%
Jericho: 30%

with jericho's renewal, hopefully the word travels fast to the oblivious, as long as we keep on voting we can reach above 50% pretty soon-----i think Huh

http://television.aol.com/feature/tv-season-end-best-worst-poll
MonicaKeller
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6019 on: June 07, 2007, 06:51:47 pm »

I just e-maiiled a person who is in public relations, asking her to re-post it on her myspace, which I know she has. I asked her to re-post the first post, and the petition.

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: June 07, 2007, 06:52:53 pm »

Honestly, the prettystick idea is obscure enough to be cute, but not effective.   Many of us in this thread don't even "get it", lol.     Kiss    I think the following idea is more effective and even cheaper.

Just a thought.  In the elementary school where I teach.  Most of our teachers have for years bought things from a place called Oriental Trading
www.orientaltrading.com

I went to the site and put daisies into the search box.   You can get 250  one and a quarter inch yellow daisies for 4.95 plus shipping.  There are other daisy products there too.

By the way, there are 4 of us at work 50+ years old that love Gilmore Girls... 

I LOVE it, Frannie!   Way to stick with the daisy theme.   There's no reason for us to only go with live daisies as long as they're daisies.   Smiley   This is something we can do individually or together.   That said, prettystick to you for the wiki idea, too.   Lemme know if you need help with it.   

Okay, okay!  I'm convinced, I give!  (Heather's going to hate me if she's already looked up the Hello Kitty stuff, but hey, the Prettystick Project can still be a tactic to bring out later or to do on your own just for the hell of it.)

What I don't know is if this should be a do-it-yourself-campaign or a pool-your-resources-and-buy-a-spitload campaign (and where were you, Frannie, when I suggested real daisies way back when, anyway?   Tongue ).  It sounds to me like the Jericho fans pooled and did one huge order with nutsonline, IIRC.

I will say that right now, my brain is fried, so Frannie and Chololat, consider yourselves drafted to lead this idea!

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because unlike Taylor, I give in when the town makes sense.
theladyjedi
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: June 07, 2007, 07:02:39 pm »

I think daisies are very effective and I like them better then the other ideas for things to send.  There is a way for those who wish to participate with daisies but are on a limited budget. Walmart's garden department carry beautiful pots of live daisies (in real pots with soil so they live for an unlimited time) for only $3.43 for a small pot and $6.43 for a large pot. The large pot is quite impressive and comes in a large square container which could be decorated. I would suggest that anyone in the Los Angeles area personally deliver a pot of daisies, (large or small, even nicer if decorated) along with a note such as Rob has recommended to those persons on the list. If you're not in the Los Angeles area, but have a CW television station in your city, deliver one of the pots to the station along with a personal note and a news release if you can. It would be a good idea to direct the daisies to the station manager and to female news people if you can deliver more then one. Perhaps they will mention the project on their newscasts. Also direct the daisies to the station's celebrities, men or women if you can afford it. The same for local newspapers. Deliver a daisy pot and note and news release if possible for whoever might write about the project (columnists, etc.).
Despite their small price, the daises are quite impressive and since they are live in pots and are quite attractive, office people would probably set them somewhere rather than discard them as with bunches of flowers which only last a short time. They would be a constant reminder of Season 8. With these daisy pots you can participate with real daisies in a meaningful way for as little as $3.43. If I lived in the Los Angeles area, I would repeat taking them to the main people (with different notes) as often as I could afford it.
                     Darlene        theladyjedi

LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: June 07, 2007, 07:23:31 pm »

The only problem with the walmart daises is it will be difficult to ship them.  If you ship them regular mail, they will probably be dead by the time they get wherever they are going...  And then if you overnight them, you are getting back to the more expensive side of things... 

I personally like frannie's idea with the cloth daises, they are much cheaper, and we can even personalize them by writing little messages on them.  But either way i think we really need to focus on one idea and have as many people as we can to help, which is why it has to be cheap and effective.  There is just no way we can get many people to shell out 30-40 dollars, something in the 5 dollar range will be much more feasible on a large scale...
Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: June 07, 2007, 07:30:51 pm »

just been voting on teavee we r now ranked at #8 with 13235 votes. today has been pretty quiet, im trying to vote as much as possible and to get to #7 before i leave. we need more people there to vote and catch up to #1 spot. also on save my show we r over 23200 votes.
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: June 07, 2007, 07:31:05 pm »

I like the prettystick idea.
But then again, does the CW really deserve prettysticks??

I think we should stick with a coffee-related thing.

OR

Since Lor and us fans didn't get enough "time", how about doing something with clocks, watches, etc.?
Just an idea. It's late, and I really wanted to post something.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: June 07, 2007, 07:31:33 pm »

Just went on the Oriental Trading Site and figured out the shipping costs.  

Bag of 250 daisies - 4.95     Shipping for 1 bag 6.95  

If you buy 4 bags = 1,000 daisies  Shipping for the 4 bags is still 6.95

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: June 07, 2007, 07:51:52 pm »

@ theladyjedi -- if you live in the L.A. go ahead and organize a delivery of small pots of live daisies to the network and/or to Lauren and Alexis's management offices and I think we can all consider it another facet of the overall Daisy Campaign.  It's not really something that can be done on a nationwide basis, though -- that's what ODD and The Daisy Campaign have been for, and what the paper daisies are now for.

@ CathyCoffee -- I'd like to do a coffee-related thing, but realistically, it's just not do-able by mail because of the problem of sending powdered substances through the mail.  That is flat-out the type of publicity that the campaign does NOT need.

So let's take a little bit of a rest from the brainstorming of project ideas and instead brainstorm about how to implement the projects that we have in play right now:  Namely participating in and getting the word out on the petition, the voicemail and letter-writing campaigns, this Paper Daisy campaign, the continuation of ODD and the Daisy campaign (I think real Daisies should continue to be a part of the campaign as a supplement.)  and the project or two that Heather will be announcing more fully in the next couple of days.  We've got a full plate of fantastic projects to do as a group, so let's do those projects together.

@ Everybody -- arieanna just posted the petition link to www.gilmoregirlsnews.com

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because, well, have you *seen* Lauren on the cover of the new Capitol Life magazine?!  http://www.capitolfile-magazine.com/  or better yet, inside the magazine?  http://www.capitolfile-magazine.com/cover.php
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: June 07, 2007, 07:54:32 pm »

@ CathyCoffee -- I'd like to do a coffee-related thing, but realistically, it's just not do-able by mail because of the problem of sending powdered substances through the mail.  That is flat-out the type of publicity that the campaign does NOT need.

I just meant sending coffee mugs, like someone suggested.
Or sending labels off coffee canisters and such.

But I will put these ideas on the backburner now.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Sf49rminer
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: June 07, 2007, 08:05:48 pm »

You guys have already branded the "Great8Mandate" with daisies.  Don't switch in midstream!  It is way to confusing and the mass public wont get it.   (Why do you think that you'll never see a green coke label?) With the awesome effort that you have already put into the mandate, I'm sure that everytime CW et. al sees a daisy package come through, they know its you.   That is how you know you are reaching people. If you don't send real daisies, that's fine but keep theme! Use other ways to get daisys to the show.   
aussiebee
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: June 07, 2007, 08:06:15 pm »

All these ideas are fabulous and I have enjoyed reading them, but I was wondering what I, an Aussie GG fan, can do other than write to the CW & Lauren & Alexis' management and sign petitions.  Is there anything that us overseas GG fans could do to help the cause?? 

Aussiebee  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: