The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 12:19:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1730394 times)
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5985 on: June 07, 2007, 10:34:01 am »

Ok I have no idea if someone else has put this up here yet or not but we know that they aren't going to do a season 8 but I read in TV Guide Mag that Amy Sherman-Palladino was thinking of making a TV Movie of GG to tie up loose ends of the show.
~Sara

Sara, they weren't going to renew Jericho, 7th Heaven, Farscapes or Fireflies either - but they did! We respect your view, but don't rain on our parade here.  We are all very well aware of the movie idea -- but we aren't going to roll over and just be okay with that.  We have a mission -- a mission that has been successful with other shows.  So do not be negative on this thread about a season 8, don't step on our dreams.  Please and thank you. Cheesy

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: June 07, 2007, 10:54:58 am »

@KuKuLeNiLeNi Great list but you may wanna take off junk food for many reasons. Rob posted above that The CW doesn't except food but even if they did, I don't think sending food would be a good idea, I doubt the network and the cast would take stale cookies as a nice gester. lol! Cheesy

@Rob I like the idea of sending pens but it doesn't really have anything to do with the campaign. Sure the nuts Jericho sent were also only in one episode but the nuts represented something having to do with their campaign. Half of the GG fans here don't even remember the pretty sticks the girls mentioned, I kinda remember them saying the word pretty stick but I don't remember what they said about them or what episode it was in. If an addicted fan like me can't remember what the pretty sticks are, I doubt the network or the cast will. I want to send something that has to do with a big part of the show and a bonus would be to also send something that has to do with the campaign. Smiley Sorry to be a pain. If you guys do want to send pretty sticks, then thats fine, just giving my input on the matter. Kiss

So I posted the petition at the Gilmore Girls community on LJ and got attacked for it. Out of 10 comments, there wasn't one nice one. They just basically told me to give up and stop trying. Well I can't say I didn't try. Imagine how stupid they will look when we get another season! lol! Cheesy (yes I am that hopeful!)

ETA: Yay 400 pages!! Grin Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 11:04:22 am by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5987 on: June 07, 2007, 11:07:59 am »

So I posted the petition at the Gilmore Girls community on LJ and got attacked for it. Out of 10 comments, there wasn't one nice one. They just basically told me to give up and stop trying. Well I can't say I didn't try. Imagine how stupid they will look when we get another season! lol! Cheesy (yes I am that hopeful!)

ETA: Yay 400 pages!! Grin Cheesy

First of all, *prettystick* for posting it over there (as soon as I can prettystick u again Smiley ) .. Now, we know, that there are many people out there who don't believe that it will come back / are happy that it is over ... but on the other hand .. there are still so many people who can't let go of it and still wanna see season 8 (I recognized a lot of that while searching for gg-sites), but these are the people who don't post, but go directly to the posted link and sign the petition (at least I am pretty sure, that's how it works). And we already have over 200 signatures - if this isn't a proof than whatelse is?
But I get what you mean .. it's a bit discouraging if people keep telling you the same things over and over again  Tongue

ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: June 07, 2007, 11:13:22 am »

Yes, it's a shame they'll get to benefit from all our hard work.    Grin
   I *prettysticked* you... because you took a licking and kept on ticking!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 11:18:13 am by ChocolatGilmore » Logged

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
go_clo

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: June 07, 2007, 11:42:22 am »

Thank you so much for the prettysticks and kind words ChocolatGilmore and Pam, you have no idea how much better that made me feel. Kiss It's really discouraging to see Gilmore Girls "fans" cut down other GG fans for trying to save a show we all love! Turning on eachother isn't going to get us anywhere. I don't even know why they posted that stuff, I put a firm warning at the top of the post that people that don't support the cause shouldn't post but they just don't listen! Tongue My own fault I guess, I knew they would react like that but yet I still posted. Everytime I post something over there that has something to do with saving the show, I get attacked along with the other real GG fans that post stuff concerning saving the show. Even when someone posted saying we won the SOS, they got attacked. Really lame! Roll Eyes Sometimes I wonder if there is any actual GG fans left in that community!

@ChocolatGilmore lol Cheesy it really is a shame that all of our hard work will reward them! Roll Eyes Oh well, we will get the even bigger reward cause not only will we get our show back, we will have the nolage (sp?) that we were the ones that got it back! All they will have is the guilt from cutting down the people that got the show back! Wink

@Pam ya I noticed that the ones that do actually care don't post, even I am guilty of doing that. I think most of the time, what happens is that they are so busy going to the link, doing whatever the link is there for that by the time they come back to post a "thank you" or a "did it, what else can I do?" type post, they see all of the discouaging comments posted by the idiots who posted while you were taking part in the link when they weren't, that they just don't feel like getting attacked or are just too discouraged to post anything. Sad but most of the time true...in my experience anyway.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 11:45:02 am by go_clo » Logged

tsmurphygirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: June 07, 2007, 11:45:19 am »

Here's another idea aimed toward the discussion of sending something other than daisies:

What about sending little toy jeeps?  Do they make them?  Do they have some in the little plastic army guy bags they sell at Wally World or something?  That would be really cute, and Loralei's jeep was in pretty much every episode (like the coffee.)  And, we could have a little phrase like, "Please don't drive our girls away!" (which is basically what the CW did by ending negotiations)

I still like the prettystick idea too, but it's just another thought to toss around
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 11:49:40 am by tsmurphygirl » Logged
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: June 07, 2007, 12:20:41 pm »

Today is my last final and I'm going to have two-weeks before next semester stars so i'm really going to try to do as much as I can  for this campagne. I noticed that alot of you are still in high which is good, because you'll probalie be having alot of free time soon, with it being summer and all. First of all I know that writing to various magazines have been mentioned before, but I think it needs to be pushed a little more.  So her's what I'm going to try to do over the next couple of days, I'm going to try to put togather a list of some popular magazine along with there adress (for snail mail) and email adresses. And I was thinking we could even start writing to like ET, Acess Hollywood, and I know theres other shows like that I just can't think of right down. If any one magazine/televison show gets enough letters there bound to mention something. I think thats what we need, plublicity, thats why so many signed the jericho petition, Jericho was all over t.v. Anyway I'm going to start working on that tonight as soon as i'm done with my english paper.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: June 07, 2007, 12:22:31 pm »

i've just posted links to the petition and to this website in a german forum and immediately got attacked for doing it  Embarrassed well, maybe some will sign anyway...

britni
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: June 07, 2007, 12:23:53 pm »

OHH, and I don't mean to soud completely dumb, but I just started watching GG a few years ago, and while i've seen a great majority of the episodes there are a few that slped through my fingers. Anyway I was just wondering if someone coud tell me what prettysticks is a reference to.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:

mandate_supporter
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 12

View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: June 07, 2007, 12:25:32 pm »

OHH, and I don't mean to soud completely dumb, but I just started watching GG a few years ago, and while i've seen a great majority of the episodes there are a few that slped through my fingers. Anyway I was just wondering if someone coud tell me what prettysticks is a reference to.

The reference comes from season 1's "Rory's Dance."  When Rory comes out with her dress on and her hair done, Lorelai says, "Someone hit you with a pretty stick."  And I am 99% certain that is the only time a pretty stick was mentioned on the show.  Smiley

Vote for your favorite Gilmore Girls episodes!  http://gilmorevote.blogspot.com/
britni
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: June 07, 2007, 12:34:06 pm »

You know, I do think I vaguely remember that now.

go_clo

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: June 07, 2007, 12:41:56 pm »

i've just posted links to the petition and to this website in a german forum and immediately got attacked for doing it  Embarrassed well, maybe some will sign anyway...

*prettysticked* you for your efforts and cause you continue to help even though you just got attacked. I'm so sorry you got attacked aswell, geez, what's wrong with people? Such a waste of time and energy cutting down people for trying to do something. Idiots! Roll Eyes

Mak
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: June 07, 2007, 12:42:31 pm »

first a thought for

@Chocolategilmore
I absolutely, totally agree with you that SIMPLE, STREAM-LINED CAMPAIGNS GET THE MOST ATTENTION, especially if they're HUGE like the Jericho nuts. We SHOULD avoid being all over the place

then a little brainstorming

ABOUT DAISIES
* they ARE too expensive for most people, and will get even more so as they start to go out of season (not too long from now)
* that said, I've been thinking about the possibilities of buying them (or similar flowers) wholesale, ie cheaper and by-passing all the vase and basket arrangements they're trying to sell us; we'd have to get another fund-raiser going to do this, and I'm not sure if they'd be willing to work for people instead of shops (I mean, I don't know if they require you to have a tax nr. or what's it called) and I don't know how they deliver their flowers, ie if they're just wrapped up in boxes or if they can deliver them in a way that's a little more eye-catching, say in buckets or something (like we saw it at the inn on the Max/L engagement episode); I started googling wholesale flower sellers in CA, and came up with a few sites but haven't had the time to look into it or make inquiries). Anyway, if we're still going for daisies, I vote for trying to make a BIG SPLASH, combining our efforts, collecting our money, a dime at a time, and try to go for A THOUSAND YELLOW DAISIES to each address (forget about the horse and the candles), I'm sure that for an order of a thousand (or several orders of a thousand!), wholesale sellers will be interested. The Jericho nuts will be donated to a good cause, maybe we should think along the same lines! Maybe we can try to get in contact with some local LA volunteer organizations and have them help us to deliver these HEAPS AND HEAPS OF DAISIES to local nursing homes or hospitals. We'd have to brief and warn the (local) press of course (entertainment sections or trivia), tell them what, when, why this will be happening. That would mean the G8M in the news AND in a positive way (making the old, the sick etc. happy with a bouquet of flowers), instead of the CW, or Lauren's manager, or whoever just putting these flowers on their desk (or chucking them in the bin) and keeping stumm about it. We'd have to get the CW, Lauren etc. informed about these actions of course, by letters, or posting photos on the net, etc, and I'm sure that the actresses especially would be sensible to the whole idea and give us a 'pretty stick' for doing it this way, ie putting the daisies TO GOOD USE.

ABOUT PRETTY-STICKS
Thanks for finally clearing that out. I've been on this thread for a while now, and was always wondering what that was about. Didn't even know they were pens. I think
* It's not a bad idea, because of the glittery, girlie connection, and most of all, again, because they can be donated to a good cause afterwards (again, it would have to be a massive gesture to catch everybody's attention)
* NOT such a good idea if everybody starts sending them on their own, 'cause in the end, what would the CW etc. get in the mail, but heaps of envelopes with funny bulges, and since it's sort of clear by now that they probably don't even open our letters (at least not all of them), let alone read them .... Also, a few (dozens of) pretty pens seeping through the mail everyday isn't going to wake them up, it would have to be a couple of tons dumped on their door-step, like the Jericho nuts

ABOUT COFFEE
great GG link!, but the same problem as with the pens: it will just be a heap of envelopes with funny bulges (and admittedly a very nice smell!) + maybe Rob's right about the security issues. I guess if you get samples sent through the mail, they're probably sealed up, and can everybody do this at home?

BOATS
This is something I did myself a little while ago, and I took it from the L/L boat incident episode. I sent Amy a letter, folded up into a paper boat, with the quote "It's not that they took the boat out of our garage. It's the WAY they took the boat out of our garage. Get it floating again", 'boat' here meaning the show of course. I think that's a link that many (most) fans would understand, I think paper boats are certainly CHEAP AND EASY TO MAKE + CHEAP AND EASY TO SEND. I'm wondering if, in the US, you can actually mail a paper boat on it's own, that is, just put the address and stamp on it, and not use an envelope, 'cause that, in this case, would be the IDEAL SOLUTION. Here too, making it MASSIVE (having post-bags full of boats poured out in front of the CW offices or something) would of course have more impact and generate more attention from the press, the network, other GG-fans that aren't into campaigning yet etc. It's the same problem with this one, as with the three above. If everybody sends them on their own, they'll just get 'lost' in the mail.

Just my thoughts ...
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: June 07, 2007, 12:54:06 pm »

*prettysticked* you for your efforts and cause you continue to help even though you just got attacked. I'm so sorry you got attacked aswell, geez, what's wrong with people? Such a waste of time and energy cutting down people for trying to do something. Idiots! Roll Eyes
thanks very much for the prettystick!  Smiley  Smiley yeah it's a shame... i don't take their reaction personally, though. as you said, they are "idiots"  Grin but you know, if we get a season 8 someday, such people will get it too although they were so mean... that's kind of unfair but the heck with it, i don't care as long as our efforts pay off one day  Cool

ETA: Mak, I love your idea with the boats!  Wink Great reference!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 12:55:57 pm by Junkie » Logged

somechick03862
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: June 07, 2007, 01:37:06 pm »

Maybe I am more dense than I realize, but how are you all pretty sticking everyone?
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: