The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 12:20:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732991 times)
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #5970 on: June 07, 2007, 07:41:40 am »

Rob you just made me think of another thing. Do you guys know this small packets of coffee? It's for one cup and you only need to add water. What if we send such packets to the CW?

OMG I loooooooove that idea!!!! I like the idea of sending something cheaper then daisies even though daisies was a nice idea but I don't think pens would be cool (no offence Rob) cause they don't really have anything to do with the show. I want to send something that has a big part to do with the show and small coffee packets is an excellent idea!! Shocked
I think that would be better too

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
MonicaKeller
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5971 on: June 07, 2007, 08:33:43 am »

I agree. The prettystick was only metioned in I believe 1 episode, and I don't think many people would relate to that. With the coffee thing, coffee was in almost every episode and made apparent that it was a big thing.

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: June 07, 2007, 08:44:00 am »

Rob you just made me think of another thing. Do you guys know this small packets of coffee? It's for one cup and you only need to add water. What if we send such packets to the CW?

OMG I loooooooove that idea!!!! *prettysticks* I like the idea of sending something cheaper then daisies even though daisies was a nice idea but I don't think pens would make sence (no offence Rob) cause they don't really have anything to do with the show, just this site and no one would know what a pretty stick is. I want to send something that has a big part to do with the show, something that the show is known for and small coffee packets is an excellent idea!! Shocked

ETA: Rob your concern about the coffee packets is valid and does make sence but I think if the studio started getting hundreds of packets from all around the world, I doubt they would suspect them to be drugs.

1) "Prettysticks" goes back to the magic wand that Rory had at her birthday party Rory's Birthday Parties back in season 1.  Don't buy it?  I'm sure I heard the term "prettysticks" somewhere during the run of the show, just as "snarkastic" was used on the show within the past couple of years, otherwise, I was thinking about the wand.  (Yeah, that's the ticket!)  I'm sure Heidi remembers where/when in the show that Prettysticks comes from.

2)  After the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie fiasco, I don't think we should go anywhere near even the *possibility* of a scare breaking out -- thus Prettysticks, not coffee.  Note that in the article on the Jericho revival, it was noted that the Jericho fans were "nuts," yeah, but they weren't of the "tin-foil hat" crowd -- ie: the ATHF-kind of peeps.

So for the time being, let's concentrate on getting word of the petition out and start sending out prettysticks with our letters to Alexis, Lauren and Dawn.  Let's not go there with the coffee, please.

I agree. The prettystick was only metioned in I believe 1 episode, and I don't think many people would relate to that. With the coffee thing, coffee was in almost every episode and made apparent that it was a big thing.

Not to belabor the point, but "Nuts!" were only mentioned in one episode of Jericho.  So, btw, what episode *were* the Prettysticks mentioned, anyway?  Wherever it was mentioned, I can make it work in rationale to present to the show and the press simply because Heidi uses it in the community points system here.

-- Rob

--------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai looks great in glitter (ex:  Super Cool Party People.)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 08:49:21 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
somechick03862
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: June 07, 2007, 09:02:10 am »

Okay, I am feeling like a lousy fan, because I have not watched the seasons on dvd repeatedly or anything, just on tv....so I have no idea what the prettystick thing is all about.

I have not heard back from any more of the advertisers that I contacted, but I'll keep working on them.  Smiley

What about a stamp? The where's george stamp always catches my eye on money, what about stamping EVERY piece of mail we send, bills, letters, cards, etc. everything to/from anyone, with a Bring Back Gilmore Girls stamp(or a great8mandate logo)? Or we could just write it on all our mail. It could be eye catching? Dumb idea?

Nuts may have only been mentioned in one episode of Jericho, but I think it makes sense, because it was 'nuts' to cancel it....I think we need to find our 'nut', because it certainly is nuts not to have another season of GG.
somechick03862
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: June 07, 2007, 09:11:18 am »

There are more fans out there, look at the numbers on this poll:

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=62ccc89d-dd62-421a-a04c-e06a7bdb37ad

We need to get as many together as we can! these kind of numbers do speak to the networks, don't they?
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: June 07, 2007, 09:11:37 am »

Okay, I am feeling like a lousy fan, because I have not watched the seasons on dvd repeatedly or anything, just on tv....so I have no idea what the prettystick thing is all about.

I have not heard back from any more of the advertisers that I contacted, but I'll keep working on them.  Smiley

What about a stamp? The where's george stamp always catches my eye on money, what about stamping EVERY piece of mail we send, bills, letters, cards, etc. everything to/from anyone, with a Bring Back Gilmore Girls stamp(or a great8mandate logo)? Or we could just write it on all our mail. It could be eye catching? Dumb idea?

Nuts may have only been mentioned in one episode of Jericho, but I think it makes sense, because it was 'nuts' to cancel it....I think we need to find our 'nut', because it certainly is nuts not to have another season of GG.

Well, the other thing that comes to mind is putting pictures of a dozen daisies (actually, 11 plus a Mandate Logo) on a sheet of paper, then cutting the pictures out and include them in your letter (fold them inside the letter, so that they fall out when whoever answers the mail reads them, but I like the idea of a prettystick as it's something that they could easily donate to somewhere and it's quite noticeable in a way that a paper something isn't.

Also, I've spied a couple of VM threads and the CW doesn't accept food items, so that more or less kiboshes the coffee idea as well as any cookie/brownie ideas.

Maybe Hello Kitty pens?  Do they even make them?  Does this mean that I'm going to have to go into a Hot Topics store for only the second time in my life?

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because Babette's ankles are more accurate than The Weather Channel.
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5976 on: June 07, 2007, 09:18:11 am »

Well, if I had known what discussion I start with the coffee idea - I'd never suggested this *lol*  ... Of course we could also send empty packets and write a slogan like "Without Gilmore girls, our lifes are as empty as this coffee pack" .. Smiley

But you're right Rob, we should agree on something soon .. and I like all the suggested ideas so far (not a great help, I know  Roll Eyes)

Already 153 signatures for the petition - I think that's great!! We (KukuLeni, Junkie) are almost done with collecting fansites and have already written to some admins there to ask if they could place the link to the petition on their site. Hopefully many will respond and this petition list is growing Wink

Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: June 07, 2007, 09:24:18 am »

Well, the other thing that comes to mind is putting pictures of a dozen daisies (actually, 11 plus a Mandate Logo) on a sheet of paper, then cutting the pictures out and include them in your letter (fold them inside the letter, so that they fall out when whoever answers the mail reads them, but I like the idea of a prettystick as it's something that they could easily donate to somewhere and it's quite noticeable in a way that a paper something isn't.

Also, I've spied a couple of VM threads and the CW doesn't accept food items, so that more or less kiboshes the coffee idea as well as any cookie/brownie ideas.

Maybe Hello Kitty pens?  Do they even make them?  Does this mean that I'm going to have to go into a Hot Topics store for only the second time in my life?

-- Rob

------------------------
That's true, you're absolutely right!

BTW it's depressing that we haven't heard anything from the network so far. e!Online received a comment from VM-producers but NOTHING from GG after the final results of "save on show". Plus, it's a shame that Heidi didn't get a reply or at least a "thank you" for the daisies. I'm not saying that I'm giving up (cause i'm not!!!  Wink ) but I just don't get why the network is so rude  Embarrassed

ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: June 07, 2007, 09:27:27 am »

@ divine -- I thought of the empty packets idea, too, for basically that reason, but I decided that it was too snarky even for a Gg fan to do.

@ junkie -- there was no response from the network or studio to Gg winning the Save One Show contest because they were knee-deep in the contract renegotiations at that point.  The SOS award was announced in early April, weeks before the talks collapsed.

@ Everybody -- I emailed zap2it's TVGal, Amy Amatangelo asking her to include the link into her next column and got a response back within an *hour* after sending it this morning.  She's gotten a LOT of feedback from Gg fans over the past week regarding her thoughts about the series season finale in last week's column, where she, uh, praised it (and I take by implication that there were a lot of rebuttals to her mini-review), so she's going to include the petition link in Monday's column.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because in Stars Hollow, no one can hear you scream -- over Lorelai and Luke's fighting.  (Too obscure a reference to "Alien?")
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 09:30:16 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
Imawl4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: June 07, 2007, 09:30:29 am »

Well, if I had known what discussion I start with the coffee idea - I'd never suggested this *lol*  ... Of course we could also send empty packets and write a slogan like "Without Gilmore girls, our lifes are as empty as this coffee pack" .. Smiley

But you're right Rob, we should agree on something soon .. and I like all the suggested ideas so far (not a great help, I know  Roll Eyes)

Already 153 signatures for the petition - I think that's great!! We (KukuLeni, Junkie) are almost done with collecting fansites and have already written to some admins there to ask if they could place the link to the petition on their site. Hopefully many will respond and this petition list is growing Wink

were up to 156 now!!!! Grin keep on spreading the word!

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 09:31:42 am by Imawl4GG » Logged
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5980 on: June 07, 2007, 09:42:39 am »

I've come up with:

Luke's Spatulas, Coffee bags (Divine),Books,Daisies,Pictures of Chuppas (don't know how to write that),
Flannel Shirts,Blue Caps,A Huge list of maids for Emily (which would be like our names..), Cds for Lane and of course movies for Lorelai and Rory,Junk food (chocolate,burgers,chips...hahah), maps of Europe for Lorelai and Rory for their next trip here...cat pictures for Babette and dancers for Ms.Patty,fuzzy alarm clocks...okay can't think of more right now...

I'm going to study, I guess I'll come up with more later tonight.

Leire

funnybottems
Town Resident

Community Points: 129

We're All Mad Here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5981 on: June 07, 2007, 10:15:41 am »

Ok I have no idea if someone else has put this up here yet or not but we know that they aren't going to do a season 8 but I read in TV Guide Mag that Amy Sherman-Palladino was thinking of making a TV Movie of GG to tie up loose ends of the show.
~Sara

SR
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: June 07, 2007, 10:26:10 am »

So, I was wonder, since the Daisies may be too expensive, would mailing prettysticks (say, glittery pens?) be a good alternative drive?  Does anybody think that a pen in the mail would scare them, or is that on the level of Jericho sending peanuts?

ETA I sent a request to Michael Ausiello to post the petition link at his Ausiello Report blog and Ask Ausiello column.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because Sookie can NOT have the worlds longest pregnancy!  Shocked

This drive-by sig brought to you by Loridhhp and the letter "K."

Check Advanced Novelty.  They usually have things in LARGE quantities.

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: June 07, 2007, 10:30:26 am »

-- Rob

------------------------

I happen to be a Hello Kitty expert.  (In fact, all the return address stickers on the letters I sent are Hello Kitty!)  I will find Hello Kitty pencils and pens. Smiley

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: June 07, 2007, 10:32:07 am »

I think thats a good idea, beacuse the price of daises im sure is keeping MANY people fromsending them. Look how many peanuts CBS got, proalie because there so cheap. But I think if we send anything else it should send Daisy seeds. It's kind of the same thing just in a different form.

I like the daisy seeds idea!  And the coffee packets, too.  The prettysticks, I dunno.  Could be a bit exclusive as opposed to inclusive.  Hopefully it doesn't mean I'm a bad fan if I admit I only heard of it on this site.
   Also if we want to keep sending daisies, it could be economical if we got together in groups to do it.  We could all donate whatever we could afford.  Paper daisies are fine, too, as long as we're on message.   
   What I'm saying is, I think it's incredibly important to keep things simple.  Otherwise the message gets lost and we look like we're all over the place.  Simple, well-organized campaigns are the ones that get attention.  Season 8.  Daisies.  (Though the coffee idea is growing on me.  And, hey, I get packets of Gevalia coffee in the mail each month!  Not a security problem as far as I know.)
     Just a couple of thoughts from someone who was a television journalist until her son was born 8 months ago.   Smiley
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 10:53:06 am by ChocolatGilmore » Logged

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: